5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spryng into my journey with me

+31
Maernet
mommieof2
ramanrai
rugbygirl87
3jaysmom
AllieT
pinklipstick
teaismyhappyplace
misunderstood
Snow White
chic
herbsgirl
16Again
starfish
amu82
insanity
LLJames
Jesabelle
shanni82
connie
Moonie
starbucks addict
wstreet8110
jgraston
shnookie
ewhetstone
SaltyDog
Dmac
Greenbeans
Lisa
spryng
35 posters

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  Empty Spryng into my journey with me

Post  spryng Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:22 pm

Hello All!!

My name is Spryng, pronounced spring like the season and I'm so happy to have found this site and this plan!!! After reading many other journals here I thought it would be a great accountability and motivational tool. So feel free to follow along and chime in with your thoughts, advice or encouragement, it's appreciated!!!

So a little history. I have been battling my weight since I got married at 18. After giving birth to 4 wonderful kids it took it's toll on my body as well. I have been on diet after diet and of course lost some weight and then put it back on. I am 31 now and I'm currently 168.6 as of this morning. Which I've already lost 20 lbs the past 9 months trying other plans. My ultimate goal is to be 130 or a comfy size 8 again. I'm 5'4" so I don't want to be super thin, just thin and healthy and fit.

I'd love to be at goal by thanksgiving so I can surprise all my friends and family when they see me again. So after tons of research on this plan and reading the book I'm so ready to start this plan and see some real results. I do suffer from hypoglycemia so skipping a meal may make me sick but I can tweak as I go along I think, like divide my 10 bites up so I can get a couple at 3 meals instead of just two but it will work for sure, I just know it!

So far today:

5 bites of bagel with cream cheese
4 bites of hamburger patty with cottage cheese

I left 1 bite for a bite of protein bar for dinner later if my sugar bottoms out.

So it's been good. I just had lunch so I'm not feeling too hungry right now but I was ravenous before lunch. Does the hunger truly get better after day 3?? does the stomach shrink enough for a 5 bite meal to feel satisfying?? just curious. I can't wait to see what the scale says this week.

just an update, had that 1 bite of a protein bar for dinner. lets hope I make it until bedtime with no ravenous feelings. Sleep
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  Empty WOO HOO!!!

Post  spryng Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:53 am

I'm totally psyched already! Down 2.6 lbs overnight!!!! I can't believe it!!! I can't even remember the last time I lost that much in ONE WEEK let alone one day! could I possibly lose 10 lbs this week?? is it possible?? I'm soooooo encouraged and motivated.. all the hunger in the world is not gonna make me eat more than 10 bites today because I cannot wait to see the scale tomorrow now, LOL
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  Empty Day 2

Post  spryng Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:19 pm

Ok so today wasn't too bad at all! course I'm still on cloud nine from my first weigh in.

So here is what I ate today:

B- 3 bites chicken and rice

L- 5 bites sandwich

D- 2 bites protein bar

so 10 total bites. Yay!!! drinking tons of green tea and I have a slight headache today but I'm not tired or anything though I do feel a tad weak but I'm sure it will pass.

I'll be on in the morning to post my weigh in. I'll probably only weigh once a day this first week then go to to once a week or so. We'll see. Have a great evening!!!

spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  Empty can I get a WOOT WOOT!

Post  spryng Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:50 am

Morning! Just a quick scale update, down another lb!!! that is 3.6 lbs 3 days, awesome!!! So today is day 3 for me. My hunger levels have gotten better but they say day 4 and on are the best and I hope they are right. I just hate being so hungry before bed so I've been going to bed early just to avoid any cravings etc. Its been working so far but has anyone developed insomnia on this plan?? normally I always sleep good and for some reason last night I woke up at 1am and could not fall back asleep until almost 3!! what is up with that?? I hope it was just a one time thing.

Well anyway, I'll be back on later to post my 10 bites for today. Have a great wednesday all!!!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  Empty Re: Spryng into my journey with me

Post  spryng Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:40 pm

oh my what a day!!! I have felt so tired and WEAK today... just walking up the stairs to my home office makes my heart race etc... I hope my body adapts to this amount of calories very soon. I had some weak moments of doubt along with the physical weakness. Just thought if I continue to feel this way, is it worth it?? but it may be the pms talking too, I tend to get a bit weepy and depressed a day or two before TOM hits so lets just hope it's that and I can make this work.
So anyway, on to happier thoughts, it was another successful day on 5BD. Here is my breakdown.

B-nothing! was finally able to skip it today!
L-5 bites sandwich
D-5 bites beef and rice

I just ate dinner so I'm feeling pleasantly satisfied. I hope I don't get hungry before bed though. Drinking tons of green tea as well so I hope that is helping. So to sum today up, I'm tired, a bit depressed and physically and emotionally feeling weak but I will not deviate today... I will not.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:45 pm

oh and I wanted to mention too that I'm seeing people are reading this journal but there are no replies so if you are lurking, please sign in and give me some feedback, encouragement, SOMETHING, LOL this forum is so dead that I feel 100% alone in this and could sure use a kind word every now and then, thank!!! I love you
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  Empty Day 4

Post  spryng Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Here we are at day 4, woo hoo! the magical day, I hope anyway, LOL. Ok TOM has hit with full force this morning (sorry if TMI but it does effect my weight) and I have stayed the same from yesterday, I usually gain a couple lbs during and before TOM so this is still good news! I'm hoping to see a loss tomorrow or saturday for sure Smile But yes yesterday was probably the toughest mentally on this plan so far. I'm the only one I know of doing it. None of my friends are doing it etc. I've told a few of them and they think it's a great idea and are supportive but are like, I could never just eat 10 bites a day, etc... which I understand. Its strict but I'd sure like a diet buddy on the same plan. But for now I'm my own best friend in this, LOL. I have created a no fail zone around the house, using the beck diet solution for cognitive therapy to help change how I feel about myself and food in general and it's helping! I have sticky notes on the fridge, in the bathroom, on my computers, etc that remind me WHY I'm dieting, to stay focused. I have reminders on my cell phone to encourage me throughout the day during times that are normally tough for me, like lunch time or bed time when I'm hungry. And it's working! I also have reminders to give myself some credit. We dieters are always so hard on ourselves. We mess up one little bit and we will attack ourselves with no mercy. So we need to learn how to give ourselves credit daily. So I havea reminder to do this twice a day. What did you do well today? (could be diet related or not) what would you like to do better tomorrow? Stuff like that and it works too, feels good when I tell myself. You might be hungry right now but you are doing it! you are living it! In a few short months this part will be over and then I can complain about how hard it is to maintain instead of lose weight, LOL something new for once, LOL

ok well anyway, I know I'm talking to myself but I feel better today and I'll be back on later to post my meals etc. Have a great thursday all! and you lurkers, it's free to register so please, register and join me on this plan!!!! I need someone to talk to here, LOL
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:12 pm

Well all my bites are finished for today.

B- nothing

L- 5 bites beef and rice

D- 5 bites chicken and rice

I'm feeling very satisfied. Those 5 bites honestly filled me up, I feel full. Feels nice. So an end to day 4. I feel tired and not as physically weak as yesterday but still weak. I'm sure it will get better as the days goes on.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:31 am

Hi Spryng!

I see that you're posting here and no one's commenting, so I thought I'd drop in and give you a little encouragement. You're doing very well! I haven't done this diet in months, but having tried it many times, I have to say that the single most important thing is that if you eat more than 5 bites at one meal, get right back up and dust yourself off. Your chance to get back on the diet starts at your next meal. Don't throw in the towel!

Anyway, you're doing splendidly, and you should see that weight continue to fall off for a while! Perhaps I'll be back here sometime soon to join you. Smile

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:32 pm

Nice to meet you lisa!!! may I ask you how much weight you lost on 5BD? Thank you so much for your words of encouragement! I was feeling really alone here as I'm the only one posting at all right now. Hopefully people will come back soon though Smile

I do have some good news, I'm down another 1.2 lbs this morning bringing my total for the past 5 days to 4.8 lbs, awesome! well technically today is day 5 so it's 4.8 in 4 days, awesome!!!! I'm at 163.8 my short term goal is to see 159 by monday. I haven't seem 159 since april of this year. I was dieting hard to lose weight for my 13th wedding anniversary and hit 159 the day we left for our weekend trip so now I'm excited to not only see it again soon but surpass it as well!!! So lots of motivation going on here, I'm feeling good today, mentally and physically and I'm ready to finish strong Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:10 pm

Ok today has been the best day by far! no more serious hunger, lots of energy! woo hoo!!

ok so my meals

B-nothing
L- 5 bites beef and rice
D- snickers bar

so all in all a great friday and 5th day. Not sure how much I'll post over the weekend but I don't plan to waiver and I'll post when I can. Have a good one all!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:14 pm

Day 6 is going great!!!! I am feeling 100% normal again. Only hungry right before my next meal should be and 5 bites is doing a great job of filling me up. Today was my first challenge... eating away from home! we took the kids to the mall for school clothes shopping and hit the food court for lunch.. I settled on a big slice of pepperoni pizza but only eating 5 bites was a breeze! had my 5 bites and threw the rest away. I wasn't even tempted to take another bite. It felt so amazing to feel satisfied and in control Smile

I didn't weigh this morning but I will monday morning, since that will be my first full week then I might just weigh bi weekly. I don't want to get hung up weighing daily because I know my weight loss is gonna slow and even on perfect days might shows slight gains from water retention etc and I don't want that discouraging me, so once or twice a week should suffice but mondays will be my official weigh in days now.

Well anyway, I wanted to share my day. I was very proud of myself. Dinner is going to be 5 bites of spaghetti. Yum. Ok I'll try checking in tomorrow Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:33 pm

Day 7 is at an end and so is my first weekend on 5BD but it went fantastic!! I was more active this weekend with shopping yesterday and swimming today which is making me a bit more hungry than usual but I'm able to ignore it, no biggie. I just tell myself its my body devouring my fat deposits so that makes me happy, LOL
tomorrow will be my first official week finished on this diet. I can't wait to weigh and see what I lost this past week. I'm so excited about going forward and seeing each week my waist get smaller and smaller.

Todays meals:

B-nothing
L- 5 bites chicken ranch wrap
D-5 bites chicken and rice

lots of green tea and water. So another perfect day at an end. I'll post my weigh in tomorrow morning, nite all!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:49 pm

Good morning!!!

so my first official week of 5BD is finished.. I started at 168.6 and as of today I'm down to 163.0 so a total of 5.6 lbs down, woo hoo!!!! I've never ever lost that much in one week on any diet before so this is truly exciting!!! This week I might try to add in some exercise just becuase I'm a little worried of losing lean muscle tissue. But I'm thinking 3 workouts of maybe 20 min each so just enough to keep my metabolism fired up and my muscles safe.

I'll check back in later with what I ate for day 8, have a good one!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:18 pm

Day 8 at an end.. all in all it was great! felt really good and 5 bites are totally satisfying me.

B-nothing
L- 5 bites chicken ranch wrap
D- 5 bites beef and bean burrito

Drinking lots of fluids as well, including green tea which I love. I feel so much better when drinking it. So anyway, another great day behind me. Looking forward to tomorrow. Like a Star @ heaven
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:49 am

Ok I wanted to stay off the scale but it's just too tempting I guess but I should have stayed off today.. it showed a .8 lb gain.. now in my head I know this is not real weight gain. No one can gain weight on 500 calories or less a day and I've stuck with 10 bites a day religiously since I started 9 days ago. So it's either water retention from something I ate yesterday or my body is still so sore from my pool workout sunday, could it be my muscles retaining fluid?? Well usually I get so upset to see a gain when I'm doing everything right so I'm trying to not let this get to me. but it's hard, lol....ok well here is to another great day on 5BD...no cheats, no deviations and hopefully the scale is my friend tomorrow.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenbeans Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Hi Spryng, how are ypu? It's great to see you've kept it up this long! I started yesterday and came back to the forum to see if there's been any activity.

I wouldn't be too worried about a .8 lb weight gain. Are you weighing yourself in the morning, after you use the bathroom and before you consume anything? That's the optimum time to step on the scale :-) Also, how's it working out with you splitting 10 bites between breakfast lunch and dinner? I always thought that breaking it up like that wouldn't be as effective, but it sounds like it's working for you!

I'm on day two and doing well so far. Let's keep it up!

Greenbeans

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:07 pm

Hello Greenbeans!!! it's so nice to meet you!

No I haven't been breaking my bites up since day 3 I think, I just had to get my body used to skipping breakfast and now I can skip it with no problem to my blood sugar levels at all so that is nice Smile Yes I weigh in the mornings after going to the bathroom and before eating for sure so I'm sure it's sodium or muscle fluid retention or something like that. I hope to see it gone along with a couple of it's buddies soon, LOL.

So have you been on this before then? how did you do before? the weight you got off did it pile back on when you stopped or was it very slow. I'm hearing you don't pack it back on like with low carb so that is nice. Course I'm working towards not ever falling off this plan but I have to be realistic too so I keep myself prepared for everything coming Smile Congrats on starting again though, it will be so nice to have another member on the forums, there are just two of us right now.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenbeans Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:12 pm

I'm sure the weight will fall off again in no time :-)

When I heard about the 5 bite last summer I was just about to head off on a big vacation. After researching it and decided to give it a try I only had a week before I went away. In 7 days I lost over 10 lbs. I kept the weight off until a few months ago when I ate a lot more than I should and I gained most of it back. However this time I'm shooting for a month on the 5 bite. I don't think one week is really long enough.

Since the 5 bite shrinks your stomach, the only way you'll gain the weight back is if you over-eat and stretch your stomach back. I've found it pretty easy to maintain my weight. These are some of my general guidelines for myself:

-A low cal low carb breakfast, like eggs or fruit.
-I don't drink anything but water and tea.
-Stick to whole grains.
-I haven't eaten meat or poultry in almost 4 years. I do have fish, but I believe this helps me stay thinner and feel much lighter.

My BIGGEST rule is to eat until I'm not hungry anymore, NOT eat until my belly is full :-) and it's okay to indulge every now and then.

I know there are a few more but I can't come up with them right now. They're big commitments at first but they make a huge difference. I don't persuade anybody to follow the same guidelines as I do, they're just some tips that sometimes help people :-)

Greenbeans

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:37 pm

Wow! being able to keep it off for a year says alot! Makes me feel even more excited about maintenance when I get there Smile Well welcome back to the forum, I'll be looking for your posts for sure! Smile

Today's meals:

B-nothing
L- 5 bites protein bar
D- 5 bites spaghetti

I'm a little worried dinner might not stick with me. I try to avoid meals with pasta as a main ingredient because it just digests too fast and then I'm hungry again. But this was a meat sauce so hopefully I had enough protein to hold me over. Either way it's done so I can't complain now, LOL no more bites for me today. But all in all a great day and I can't wait until tomorrow! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:10 pm

Boy was I right about the spaghetti, I was starving by 8pm, no more spaghetti for me unless it has like a bolognese sauce which is chalk full of fiber and protein. I'm down .4 today of that mysterious .8 I gained.. sigh.. I was really hoping to lose 3 lbs this week but at this rate, I'm thinking I won't even lose a lb this week which worries me. Let me tell you why. My husband and I joined MRC last october, that is the super expensive Metabolic Research Center.. they make you take all these supplements and your diet is low carb and maybe 500 calories a day. Well the first week I lost like 4 lbs.. after that is either didn't lose or barely lost anything while my husband was melting away. Course that is men for ya, they are lucky like that. MRC couldn't understand why my body was fighting it so bad but it was...I thought it was just tired of all the diets I put it through over the years and it especially hates anything low carb. But I stuck with it for a couple months, never cheating, 100% following the plan.. all I really lost was tons of money. So now on this plan I'm worried my body is reacting the same? I know it's too early to know for sure, but I lost 5.6 the first week and now I show a slight gain and the gain is taking forever to get off and no new weight is coming off... sigh.. I'm worried. ok I'm not gonna go there right now.. I just can't, it's too depressing to think this diet may not work for me and it's too early to tell. I need to be on it a full month at least to see what my body is gonna do, who knows maybe it will kick into gear. Its science right? you burn more than you eat and you lose weight.. science.. infallible. So if I don't lose this week, next week I may shake up my 5 bites or add in some exercise or something, but I am not giving up.
To keep me excited, last night I wrote out a sheet showing where I'll be if I lose 3 lbs a week, by the week of thanksgiving I could be 118 lbs!!! that is just 15 more weeks! It feels so close when I see it in print... I don't even know what size I'll be at 118 lbs, 130ish was an 8 for me so maybe a 6 or a 4?? oh the goosebumps that gives me! LOL!!!!! ok well enough dreaming and now back to doing. I'll post my meals later today, have a great day on plan all!!! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenbeans Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:21 pm

Aw, I'm sorry MRC didn't work out for yah. Why do our bodies have to be so unpredictable? Lol. You sound so motivated, that helps me stay motivated as well.

Are you drinking a lot of liquids? I've drank SO much water since I started on Monday, I think it helps the weight loss a lot. Keep it up and I'm sure you'll achieve your goal sooner than Thanksgiving!

Greenbeans

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanks so much greenbeans!!! yeah I actually put away my scale, put it way up in my closet so it's a pain to get out and I'm going back to weighing each monday, once a week. No more daily weighing because it just dictates my moods too much. A little electronic device shouldn't have that much control over me, LOL so now the up and downs of weekly water flucuations won't bother me anymore Smile I actually feel so much happier that I did that!! yes, I'm drinking tons of water and green tea. Also I love your name Greenbeans! it's my favorite veggie, LOL when I was little I'd eat the at every meal and for my bday I begged my mom for a greenbean cake, LOL I was obsessed with green beans, LOL

spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenbeans Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:02 pm

Lol, greenbeans is just something my friends started calling me years ago. I have no idea why. But yeah, hiding the mean scale monster is a good idea! Unfortunately I can't rely on mine to be very accurate, so until I get off my butt and buy a new one it's all estimates for me.

It's day 3 for me but it's harder than ever right now. My sister, who I live with, just ordered a delicious looking/smelling pizza and offered me as much as I want! I'm surprised at how well I avoided the temptation. The pizza here in NJ is delicious and I could eat it every day. Coming on the forum to talk about it is a big help. Maybe I'll have my dinner of 5 bites of pizza in an hour :-)

Greenbeans

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:56 pm

you can do it greenbeans! just 5 bites of that yummy pizza and then put it away. I did it saturday when I had a huge slice of pizza, just 5 bites and I threw the rest away and it was enough to feel satisfied and not deprived.. remember we can eat anything!! we are not being deprived! so have 5 bites for dinner, 5 bites for lunch tomorrow, shoot have 5 bites of pizza the rest of the week if that is what you are craving but don't feel like this is the last time you'll have it because that will set you up to over eat, so 5 bites and you'll thank yourself later I promise! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next