SaltyDogs 5 Gnaw Journal....

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

SaltyDogs 5 Gnaw Journal.... - Page 3 Empty Re: SaltyDogs 5 Gnaw Journal....

Post  SaltyDog on Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:24 am

Thanks, dmac!

Today was an easy one despite the fact that I was busy in the kitchen baking for various things coming up. No weigh in today. Gonna wait til next Thursday!

B: coffee/water
L: 5B Protein Bar
D: 5B backed chicken tender on garlic toast with sauteed red bell peppers.....yum.
h20: 64 oz so far....more to come
1/2 hour on treadmill

Going to LA for dinner tomorrow night to one of my favorite chefs' restaurants, will order what I want and I will take only 5 bites! Very Happy

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:50 pm

Saltydog, how was the dinner? Keep up the great work, we are getting there Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog on Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:01 pm

Dinner was AWESOME!!!! The food is Indian/Asian inspired street food. We ordered several dishes and had bites of them all. So did I only have 5? NO and I am SO ok with that! Back on it today....

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Yesterday.....

B: 5b apple pastry
L: coffee/water
D: 5B Italian Sausage w/Peppers & Onions

Very Happy

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:52 pm

indian-asian, yum! sounds like you still used moderation but enjoyed every bite, a win win!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog on Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:02 am

I started a new fulltime job today, so I'm runnin' late on posting! Going well today.

L: 5B Snickers bar (my last one)
D: 5B Italian Sausage w/Peppers and Onions

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:16 am

congrats on the new job! Do you like it? Your meals today look fantastic, the sausage with peppers sound so good!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog on Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:37 pm

Thanks, Spryng. We grilled a bunch of them over the Labor Day weekend and they ARE delicious. One of my favs. Job is going good after only one day. I'm a Pastry Chef and it's a new kitchen with new people, so it's a little clunky feeling right now.

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  jgraston on Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:38 pm

SaltyDog wrote:Day 5 and another 1.5 lbs gone....total of 9 1/2lbs. Very Happy

Rock the heck on brother!
jgraston
jgraston

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:41 am

Thanks 'J'!

Crazy day.

B: coffee
L: 5B Pico de Gallo Rice Chips
D: 5B Veggie Lasagna
a few extra cupcake/cake bites at work....

Tomorrow is my 3 week weigh in and I am n-e-r-v-o-u-s. I'm pretty sure I have not lost anything and hoping I've stayed flat and am praying I have not put any on! These past two days at my new job have wrecked my 5B! I'm a Pastry Chef and I have started a new job at a new restaurant that is opening in a couple of weeks and all week we have been testing cupcake/cake/frosting/cookie & brownie recipes. Part of the testing is tasting the end product. I gotta say I was very good about having only one small bite when I had to, but I was definitely over my 5B x2 limit. This was ill planning on my part and for the next two days (more taste testing), I'll limit my dinner bites to salad or soup. Something very light to help me stay closer to 5B in the beginning of week #4.

Luckily, once this week is over, I won't have to worry about that stuff anymore. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  jgraston on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:31 am

SaltyDog wrote:Thanks 'J'!

Crazy day.

L: 5B Pico de Gallo Rice Chips
D: 5B Veggie Lasagna
a few extra cupcake/cake bites at work....

Tomorrow is my 3 week weigh in and I am n-e-r-v-o-u-s. I'm pretty sure I have not lost anything and hoping I've stayed flat and am praying I have not put any on! These past two days at my new job have wrecked my 5B! I'm a Pastry Chef and I have started a new job at a new restaurant that is opening in a couple of weeks and all week we have been testing cupcake/cake/frosting/cookie & brownie recipes. Part of the testing is tasting the end product. I gotta say I was very good about having only one small bite when I had to, but I was definitely over my 5B x2 limit. This was ill planning on my part and for the next two days (more taste testing), I'll limit my dinner bites to salad or soup. Something very light to help me stay closer to 5B in the beginning of week #4.

Luckily, once this week is over, I won't have to worry about that stuff anymore. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

In instances where work requires you to taste something, you taste it. Have you considered maybe going to a 3-3-4 plan during your work week? You can do 3 bites at lunch, 3 bites of work stuff and a 4 bite dinner. Since the entire process of gastric emptying would not be overly affected (assuming a spacing of 3-4 hours), it shouldn't necessarily effect your results.

The thing I would be more worried about is that if your extra work bites are near your meals it could upset your body's internal hunger timer.

jgraston
jgraston

Back to top Go down

Post  shnookie on Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:24 pm

Saltydog kudos on trying to stick to the diet given your job Smile
shnookie
shnookie

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:48 pm

Hey, everybody! I didn't go away, just been crazy busy at work and yesterday we had no power all day here in southern California! freaky.

Been doing well......My weigh in yesterday resulted in a 1.8 loss for the week, not bad considering I did have a few extra bites b/c of work this week, but apparently not enough to cause any damage! 3 weeks: 17.8 lbs gone....yay!

Yesterday: 9/8
D: 5B roasted chicken

Today: 9/9
B: coffee & 2B Protein Bar
L: 2B Protein Bar & 1B Chicken

Keep on truckin', babies....

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:56 pm

1.8 is great and 17.8 is awesome!!! keep up the great work!!! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  jgraston on Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:17 am

SaltyDog wrote:Hey, everybody! I didn't go away, just been crazy busy at work and yesterday we had no power all day here in southern California! freaky.

Been doing well......My weigh in yesterday resulted in a 1.8 loss for the week, not bad considering I did have a few extra bites b/c of work this week, but apparently not enough to cause any damage! 3 weeks: 17.8 lbs gone....yay!

Yesterday: 9/8

Today: 9/9
B: coffee & 2B Protein Bar
L: 2B Protein Bar & 1B Chicken

Keep on truckin', babies....

Good job keeping the loss going despite some harder work circumstances. You rock!
jgraston
jgraston

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:10 pm

Way to go that would be so difficult working in a pastry shop wile on a diet how do u do it? And u still are loosening. Lbs weekly.nice
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog on Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:18 pm

Thanks everybody! A lot of you have mentioned about working as a Pastry Chef and losing weight. Well this is what THIS program is teaching me. It's ok to taste stuff....just not eat the whole thing! Plus, if you work with sweets enough, it's actually the last thing you want to have when you work with it all day. truthfully!

I did a weigh in this morning on a whim and I'm down 3.2 more pounds since my weigh-in Thursday! That's 5 lbs in the first three days of week 4! YAY! A lot I'm sure had to do with how my day played out yesterday.....

9/10:
B: coffee & 5B muffin/pastry
L: 5B: cake/brownie
D: water....

Yesterday was a BIG tasting day at work, so by the time my day was over, around 2pm, I had had all my bites for the day. None of it was protein or healthy at all, but I accounted for every single bite and I did not eat anymore once I got home. Just filled up on water. Clearly that paid off. I appreciate the way this day happened though, because once we reach goal, not every day is gonna play out the way you plan it food-wise. No matter what the 5B or 10B end up being, ya gotta count 'em and deal with it.

Today....9/11 (never forget)
L: 5B eggs & bacon sammich
D: 5B grilled chicken (haven't had this yet, but it's on the grill right now, so I'm already planning!!)

HAVE A GREAT DAY FELLOW 5b'ERS! Very Happy

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog on Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:32 pm

Oh yeah.........GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  jgraston on Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:23 pm

SaltyDog wrote:Thanks everybody! A lot of you have mentioned about working as a Pastry Chef and losing weight. Well this is what THIS program is teaching me. It's ok to taste stuff....just not eat the whole thing! Plus, if you work with sweets enough, it's actually the last thing you want to have when you work with it all day. truthfully!

I did a weigh in this morning on a whim and I'm down 3.2 more pounds since my weigh-in Thursday! That's 5 lbs in the first three days of week 4! YAY! A lot I'm sure had to do with how my day played out yesterday.....

9/10:
B: coffee & 5B muffin/pastry
L: 5B: cake/brownie
D: water....

Yesterday was a BIG tasting day at work, so by the time my day was over, around 2pm, I had had all my bites for the day. None of it was protein or healthy at all, but I accounted for every single bite and I did not eat anymore once I got home. Just filled up on water. Clearly that paid off. I appreciate the way this day happened though, because once we reach goal, not every day is gonna play out the way you plan it food-wise. No matter what the 5B or 10B end up being, ya gotta count 'em and deal with it.

Today....9/11 (never forget)
L: 5B eggs & bacon sammich
D: 5B grilled chicken (haven't had this yet, but it's on the grill right now, so I'm already planning!!)

HAVE A GREAT DAY FELLOW 5b'ERS! Very Happy

I've noticed that while I am having cravings, none of them are for anything sweet. Earlier today I craved a Hot Dog, then some Almonds and now I'm feeling like a Chicken Taco for dinner. I haven't done ANY research into cravings, but it is making me wonder if our bodies ALWAYS know what they want and as humans we are just not evolved enough to listen.

Good job man. You are a rockstar, I'm proud to get to be part of your journey!
jgraston
jgraston

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:45 pm

WO-man.... Very Happy

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:05 pm

Wow Saltydog, sounds like the weightloss is picking up for you again, awesome!!! Smile

and I think there is some truth there Josh, about the cravings. I went on an extreme diet a couple years ago and it killed my sweet tooth. I still like chocolate and decadent things but I can easily take or leave them. I do find myself cravings fish all the time now or seafood. So today I had crabcakes yum! and I bought some crab and shrimp stuffed salmon for tomorrow, I can't wait to try them. I wish I craved fruit or veggies but I haven't so far. Oh and I crave rice too, anything over rice and it feels like the perfect 5 bites, LOL So this week I'm making red beans/andouille sausage over rice, can't wait!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog on Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:46 pm

mmmmmm, rice. We must be on the same wavelength today, Spryng. I have veggie rice made to go with my chicken tonight!

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  ewhetstone on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:00 pm

Go salty!! You are an amazing woman! I would love to see your stats.

ewhetstone

Back to top Go down

Post  jgraston on Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:39 am

Lol, I can't believe I didn't know you were a female. I just assumed based on SaltyDog.. lol
jgraston
jgraston

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog on Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:43 am

Still here everybody...

5b's all the way. Weigh in yesterday was 2.2 lbs down! yeah!!!!
Week #5....here we go!

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum