starting up again today

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

starting up again today - Page 2 Empty Re: starting up again today

Post  spryng on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:30 pm

Yeah I think I'll wait until a special occasion or maintenance. Before 5bites I hadn't been able to drink anyway, it kept upsettting my stomach for some reason no matter how little it was so I've avoided it for about 3 months now and I miss it less as time goes on.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

starting up again today - Page 2 Empty day 5

Post  starbucks addict on Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:04 am

day 5
weight 124.6 (couldn't resist weighing myself)
b - grande soy caramel machiatto
l - bumper bar (5 bites)
d - 2 bite chicken, 2 bite mashed potato, 1 bite brocolli
extra - 2 bites yogurt, 4 gummy bears Embarassed

yay so excited that im down 4.2 lbs since starting although progress is starting to slow now.
My goal is to loose average of 2lbs per week and reach goal of 110 by 15 november so excited!!!

Last edited by starbucks addict on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:48 am

Great work keep it up
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:32 am

that goal sounds great!!!! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:47 pm

Last edited by starbucks addict on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:18 am; edited 3 times in total
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:15 pm

Your weight loss is so motivating showing that even if you dont have 50 or 100 lbs to lose this diet will still work and work faster than other plans, keep up the great work! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:18 am

Your doing great have u tried your coffee black? I switched to black years ago I told myself I'd try it for a week at first seemed to bitter now I love it I even like the dark roast. now seems adding anything would just mess it up.
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:04 am

spryng - thanks spring! yeah i think this diet works especially well for people with not too much to loose. i went off this diet cause i wanted to try a diet that would help me incorporate healthier lifestyle such as the 'french women don't get fat' and tried doing clean diet (meat, fruit and vege) but found them to be so time consuming to comply with and found it really hard to stick to them and also ended up gaining weight from doing those diets in the long run! i don't think i would have gained from following those diets 100% however i would eat whatever was on the diet plan then crave chocolate or other things and ended up eating that too! also it was hard to keep resolve to stick to it when not seeing any different in weight whereas this diets you see results so quickly! also knowing i can eat anything for my 5 bites stops me from bingeing and the all or nothing mentality!

dmac - yeah i have tried it black but really not my thing. i have a major sweet tooth which is probably why - i could live off desserts and would eat dessert for all my meals in a perfect world! also im not really that into coffee so usually have chai lattes. but yeah i guess its all about getting used to something. im gonna keep them for now and if my loss starts slowing then i will maybe just have tea in the morning or something.

Last edited by starbucks addict on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

starting up again today - Page 2 Empty day 6

Post  starbucks addict on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:17 am

can't believe its day 6 already!!! this week has flown by and haven't actually found this too difficult (although i haven't been following diet 100% perfect). i am so stocked with the progress of my weight loss though! down 5.2 in 5 days hopefully i don't get any stalls and weight keeps on going in the right direction.

day 6
weight 123.6
b - none
l - 5 bites fish
d - plan to have bumper bar (5 bites)
extra - 30 corn chips
- 10 gummy bears
- 3 marshmallows

today i stuck to 5 bites at lunch but ended up munching on chips that i bought for party tomorrow and the vodka gummy bears Embarassed hopefully wont' affect my loss too much! i really can't have these things in the house otherwise i eat them - i wasn't even hungry! i have put the chips in my car so i can't eat them anymore Very Happy i thought i could resist them but i couldn't! better to just get them out of sight!

I'm quite worried that im gonna eat heaps tomorrow at my party when drinking. once i get a bit tipsy (which only takes 1/2 a wine - i am totally lightweight when it comes to alcohol!) i eat everything in sight and everything tastes really good. Maybe i should skip the drinks completely however i made my vodka skittles and marshmellow vodka and excited about drinking them.... what are your guys opinion?
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:57 am

Sounds like its gonna be a tough situation for you! I would say unless you ok with a possible gain this week or stall to avoid the alcohol. If you know it lower your inhibitions toward food then avoid it unless you are ok with a one week set back and personally some weeks it is worth it but that is totally up to you Smile I'm taking this weekend off but the nice thing after 60 days my stomach has shrunk so much that I really can't eat much more than 5 bites anyway, the only difference will probably be including a few bite breakfast. But after just a week yours may not be reset enough to be able to stop at 7-8 bites and feel really stuffed but then again it just might. So just weigh the pros and cons of drinking and eating this weekend and go from there. Also, will this be the last social event for awhile? I know for me they are only worth the possible gain if I'm gonna get a few weeks of solid dieting again, like after this fair weekend I won't have anything until thanksgiving so I'll get several solid weeks of dieting in again before I plan to take another day or two off so it doesn't keep setting me back.
But good luck to you! I'm behind you 100% whichever way you choose! And have fun! that is the most important thing, how can you not have fun with vodka gummy bears LOL makes me smile everytime I think of them Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict on Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:56 pm

thanks spryng! yeah i guess its wether i think that drinking is worth stalling/gaining which i don't think so really.... i also do have another 2 things coming up for my bday as well, a dinner with family and brunch with the girls.... so i will try my best to skip the alcohol i think. thanks for your help Very Happy i also gained from yesturday (not sure if fluctuations or corn chip and gummy bears) so gotta be extra carefull Shocked yesturday i missed out on my coffee and didn't drink as much water i wonder if that would have made a difference.... will drink up (water not alcohol!) today Very Happy

day 7
b - 10 marshmellows
- 15 corn chips
l - 5 bite cake
2 bite crackling
1 regular hokey pokey shake
d - chips with dip and guacamole (lost count of how many but alot!)
- 8 bites sausage roll
- 1/2 piece birthday cake
- 1/2 shot vodka
- 20 gummy bears

Last edited by starbucks addict on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:59 pm

If it was me I would try to go with the intention of not drinking. but also understanding that if u do drink and eat no big deal because you've ben planing this day for a wile. And if you don't eat. And drink even better
The reason I would do that is sometimes the party is a dud and u won't mind not drinking on that night also if I plan a cheat day I look forward to it so much that I start early like a day or two early but maybe that is just me. Good luck with whatever u decide and remember we are here for ya
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

starting up again today - Page 2 Empty day 7

Post  starbucks addict on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:55 pm

okay, so yesturday i totally strayed off plan. i was snacking on the party food that was around in the morning and then ended up just kinda giving up since i saw the party looming and thought i would just give myself the day off. i didn't actually end up drinking that much, just 1/2 shot vodka and the vodka that was in the gummy bears. however i ate alot of chips and sausage rolls Embarassed

i definately feel the time off was not worth it since i weighed in this morning at 162.2 so gain of 2lbs from yesturday and on reflection i could have enjoyed my self just as much without the extra food - i think i was just eating it cause it was there rather than really enjoying it.

I am just going to learn from this though and start today afresh and hopefully the extra weight comes back off quickly.
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:55 am

Great attitude start fresh I'm shur those 2 lbs is water wait and will be gone in no time.
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

starting up again today - Page 2 Empty day 8

Post  starbucks addict on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:44 pm

day 8
breakie - soy chai latte
lunch 5 bite rice ball with pork
dinner 3 bite pasta, 1 bite salad, 1 bite potato
extras : 1/2 glass champange
2 square chocolate
2 bite cookie

okay so yesturday was not perfect however only went over 4 bites and managed to stop myself which is good. Thanks dmac Very Happy yes definately hoping it is water weight. today im at 125.4 so yay nearly back to where i was before straying. however when you think about it takes about 3 days to get back to start and that one day was really not worth it! I also have bday dinner on wednesday. will need extreme willpower to stop eating at 5 bites. I can do it!

day 9
b - grande soy chai latte
l - 1 bumper bar (5 bite)
d - 1 bite vege
2 bite potato
1 bite chicken
1 bite tofu
extras:
2 bite cake
2 square chocolate
3 smarties
1 lollie

Last edited by starbucks addict on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:16 pm

You are still doing great! just think how much better your eating has been since starting this plan, even going over by 4 bites is much better than before 5bite right?? its still enough to lose at a steady pace and you are doing great!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

starting up again today - Page 2 Empty day 10

Post  starbucks addict on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:20 pm

thanks spryng! yeah i guess its not much compared to what i used to eat but i have been noticing that i keep sneaking a bite of this and that between meals so am gonna try really hard to not snack at all from now on as i think it would be really great for maintenance and a good thing to practice for life.

so goals from now:
no snacking at all
am going to reduce my morning milky coffee to tall size instead of grande (i know im not supposed to have any at all but baby steps!)

Last edited by starbucks addict on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:32 am; edited 2 times in total
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:32 pm

You are doing great and those are some great goals good job always moving forward
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:48 pm

I agree, those are great goals!! and the baby steps on the morning coffee is perfect, you've been losing fine with it so just downsizing will probably be just fine and who knows, maybe in a few more weeks you can go to regular coffee but again if you are losing fine you won't need to do it, up to you Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:51 pm

thanks! what would i do without you guys Wink

actually i have decided that tomorrow will be my last starbucks day. after that i am going to have herbal tea until lunch. I CAN DO THIS!

tonight i am going out for dinner with parents and family friends. Will need to remain focused and not go over my bites.

sorry for ranting again guys but wow i can't believe the impact that one night at the party had on my total loss!!!! it is crazy. to be honest i didn't even eat heaps and heaps no where near a binge at all and now i am same weight as i was on day 3 of the diet and it is day 10. all the more reason to not fall off the wagon cause it cancels out all the hard work. i am going to take this away with me and think of this when tempted to eat more than 5 bites when going out for dinner this next week. i have dinner tonight, tomorrow and brunch on saturday. need to stay strong!

Last edited by starbucks addict on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

starting up again today - Page 2 Empty weekly weight loss progress chart

Post  starbucks addict on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:00 pm

starting 128.8
goal 110

week 1 126.2 (loss of 2.6lb)

Last edited by starbucks addict on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

starting up again today - Page 2 Empty day 10

Post  starbucks addict on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:33 am

day 10
weight 125.4 - still same as yesturday, however i did go over my bites and am not expecting a loss everyday so am okay with this.
loss to date 3.4lbs
b - grande soy chai
l - 3 piece sushi (5-6 bites)
d -
1 bite bread w butter
3 bite steak
1 bite duck confit
1 bite potato puree
snack (i got it free at the movies!) - mini magnum 5 bites

okay i so went over 1 bite when i was out at dinner last night and had an extra 5 bites of magnum at the movies. not perfect but i was proud that i only went over 1 bite at dinner Smile need to work on not snacking and saying no to free food Embarassed
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

starting up again today - Page 2 Empty day 11

Post  starbucks addict on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:07 pm

day 11
128.8/124.6/110
loss to date 4.2

b - grande soy hot chocolate
l - 3 piece sushi (5-6 bites)
d - 1 bite soft shell crab
- 1 bite salmon sashimi
- 2 bite prawn tempura
- 1 bite ice cream
extra - 4 bite birthday cake

yay so glad im back to weight that i was before going off plan on saturday! took me exactly 3 days to get back to square one. going out for dinner tonight for bday will need to stay strong. i did it last night so am sure i can do it again tonight!

update:
yay am really proud of myself for not going over my bites during dinner. however i did have 4 bites of my birthday cake - i couldn't resist Embarassed im really hoping i still see a loss in the next few days, prolly won't be tomorrow but hopefully won't gain tomorrow either!

Last edited by starbucks addict on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:37 pm

yeah I find the 3 day setback true for myself too, anytime I go off plan for a meal or whatever it takes me about 3 days to get back to where I left off so sometimes its worth it and sometimes not but at least it causes no permanent damage since we always get right back on plan. Keep up the great work!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict on Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:28 pm

thanks! yeah 3 days seems like a lot for one meal though! im just worried about maintenance though but i guess i will cross that bridge when i reach goal so not to worry bout it now.
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum