5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

starting up again today

+3
ewhetstone
spryng
starbucks addict
7 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

starting up again today - Page 4 Empty Re: starting up again today

Post  spryng Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:15 pm

Exactly! Maybe Dr Lewis knew what he was doing with this diet all along, LOL
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

starting up again today - Page 4 Empty day 17

Post  starbucks addict Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:02 pm

day 17
128.8/123/110
loss to date 5.8
b - soy hot chocolate
l - 1 sushi, 2 bites sausage roll, 2 bites caramel slice
d - 2 bite chicken, 2 bite mushroom, 1 bite vege
extras 4 bite almond rocca

Last edited by starbucks addict on Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:02 pm

5.8 awesome! keep up the good work! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:59 pm

thanks spryng! not as fast as i was hoping however i have had alot of off days so still glad that there is a loss!
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  connie Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:58 pm

Congrats on the loss!

So-what if you like the taste of absolutely everything? I could start out making a pretzel(or whatever) last for 18 bites. You know, just nibbling off each salt grain one at a time. In the next scene I've polished off the bag and have started making a grill cheese sandwich. I .LOVE. FOOD! WAY. TOO. MUCH!

connie
connie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:17 pm

Your doing great keep it up
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

starting up again today - Page 4 Empty day 18

Post  starbucks addict Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:30 pm

thanks connie and dmac!

day 18
128.8/122.6/110
b - soy hot chocolate
l - 3 sushi
d - 3 bite pasta, 1 bite salad, 1 bite potato
extras: 1 kitkat chunky

yay can't wait until i get under 120! hopefully by next week.

update: day went well apart from chocolate, i have no resolve when it comes it chocolate Embarassed

Last edited by starbucks addict on Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:17 pm

yes you are so close! it won't be much longer at all! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

starting up again today - Page 4 Empty day 19

Post  starbucks addict Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:39 pm

Thanks spryng!

day 19
128.8/122.2/110
loss to date 6.6
b - soy chai latte
l - 3 sushi
d - 10 bite steak, 5 bite mushroom sauce
- 10 squares chocolate

cant believe its day 19 already! i know i haven't been 100% at all however this is longest i have stuck to this diet without stopping for a little while and starting up again(lol i know its not long but quite good accomplishment for me!)

my mini goal is to be 121 on day 24. wish me luck!

update - totally went overboard at dinner time, was picking at food as i was making it and felt really stuffed afterwards so at least i know my stomach was shrinking. need to get right back on track tomorrow

Last edited by starbucks addict on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:43 pm

I know exactly what you mean! I felt the same way too. Its been forever since I've stuck to a diet this long.. it's a great accomplishment so pat yourself on the back because it's ALL YOU! You are doing great! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:05 pm

thanks heaps spryng! can't wait until ive done as many days as you! and you guys have been great and you have truly been my inspiration spryng i only started up again from reading your journal so thanks heaps guys Very Happy
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:35 pm

I'm so glad to hear that! That is why I started a journal here....I was reading others and was so inspired and excited to try this plan. It helps me stay accountable and if it gives the added benefit of helping others then even better! A win win LOL But I love staying on top of all of yours as well. When I first starting posting on this forum it was a ghost town. I talked to myself A LOT so its wonderful to have someone to talk back now, LOL
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:27 am

Ya spryng you got me going again as well. I was reading your posts everyday. just before I went on vacation and was hoping you would still be on here when I got back because I didn't want to be the only one by the time I got back frum my vacation u had inspired lots of people to come back. Or to start for the fist time. And Starbucks you have ben. A great inspiration as well and I thank you both for all your support
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

starting up again today - Page 4 Empty day 20

Post  starbucks addict Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:17 pm

day 20
128.8/122.8/110
loss to date 6

gained 0.6 from yesturday which is actually less than expected cause i ate so much last night! ready to get right back on track today
thanks dmac you have been great as well Very Happy

update - today was a total bust. my day off today and tomorrow. went out to lunch which was fine and stuck to my 5 bites. trouble i have is when im at home there is chocolate and snacks at the house and i cannot control me eating them! one leads to 2 leads to how many i have honestly lost count Sad will try and stay out of the house tomorrow. i have no backbone when it comes to snacks and chocolate when home.

Last edited by starbucks addict on Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:51 pm

that .6 will be off in no time, just keep moving forward, you are doing great!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  connie Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:12 am

Good for you! It's been a real long time since I've seen those numbers on a scale!
connie
connie

Back to top Go down

starting up again today - Page 4 Empty day 22

Post  starbucks addict Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:03 pm

okay so friday and saturday were both a bust - didn't stick to 5 biting and ended up gaining 2.4lbs Embarassed really hope these fall off asap.

day 22
weight 128.8/125.2/110
b - soy hot chocolate
l - 3 sushi
d - bumper bar 5 bite
extras: 1 bite lollie, 1 bite cake

new goal for the week - stick to plan on friday and saturdays! biggest problem is snacking when out at other ppl's houses for dinner and having ice cream etc when out.

am at work today so should be easy to stick to plan. it is just when i have days off and am out and about that i have problems.

does anyone have tips on how to not snack when out at social situations. i guess its all about will power!

Last edited by starbucks addict on Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:46 am

2.4 isn't much I'm shur it will be gone in no time. social situations are very difficult I have one tomorrow a family pot luck so I could use the advice as well
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

starting up again today - Page 4 Empty day 23

Post  starbucks addict Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:51 pm

thanks dmac! luckily i did drop weight from doing 5 bite properly yesturday (par my usual morning drink!)

day 23
128.8/123.6/110
loss to date 5.2
b - green tea - whoo hoo managed to not have my hot chocolate today!
l - 5 large bites meatball sub (1/2 of 6")
d - 5 bites chips, 1 bite fish, 1 bite calamari
extras: 1 mini magnum, 1 large cup popcorn at movies

hope fully doesn't take too much longer to get back to before weekend weight!

update - as you can see i did okay until i was at movies and given free ice cream and popcorn that i didn't say no to. really
need to learn to be super strict and just say no to free food and food at social situations!
haven't lost any weight since last week at same time due to gain from weekend.

Last edited by starbucks addict on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:18 am; edited 3 times in total
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  connie Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:55 pm

OK, so I think ALL of us fell off the wagon this past weekend. What happened to us? I don't know how to prevent this without completely shutting down my social life!
connie
connie

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:03 am

i know! its like i have no self control when it comes to snacking! i do okay when i'm actually eating an actual meal however can't seem to stop snacking and drinking.

this weekend i'm gonna try and have a no snacks at all policy and be super strict on this.

cause usually i think 'oh one little bite won't hurt' however the first bite makes me want more and more and i can't stop!

or my other strategy was to be super strict and bring along my bumper bar which is exactly 5 bites and eat only that until i have better self control.

do you have any tips Very Happy
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  connie Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:44 am

why do you think you overeat/cheat? I think in my case, I just love the taste of food. I am usually "head-hungry" and very seldom am I actually really hungry. A while back I tried only eating when my stomach growled from hunger. I was never so focused on my stomach sounds in my life. I think someone else's stomach grumbled and I grabbed some food and gobbled it before I realized it was not my stomach! OK now we all get back onto our horses...
connie
connie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:06 am

Ya hop right Back on not to much harm dun I think those are good ideas on not one extra bite or the bar if I give myself 1 extra bite I have a hard time stopping
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:09 am

i think i also need to start pre-portioning my food before starting to eat. usually i have sushi so only get 3 pieces for my 5 bite but today had subwayand i had trouble stopping after 5 bites and had to throw the rest away cause i didn't trust myself to not eat it all!
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:02 pm

Yeah I cheat for the same reasons.. boredom... like the taste of food... old habits.. tough to break those habits! But everyday we are doing a better job for sure.

starbucks, one thing I think might help you is to actually use your 5 bites. Like you know 5 pieces of sushi are really 5 bites, not 3... I wouldn't go by the snickers bar size theory because honestly 5 pieces of sushi are less calories than a snickers anyway since it's rice and fish only really, much healthier for sure and your stomach would thank you for those two extra pieces. Of course this is only a suggestion and it's totally up to you but I know for me I don't portion my bites to be 1/4 cup or the size of a snickers bar and I'm losing steadily. Like a frozen burrito I can eat in 4 bites... a snicker bar I can eat in 3 bites.. so I just eat my normal bites and move on. It's still very low calorie and working so maybe give it a try?
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next