5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time on the diet..Lbs lost etc....

+14
tammyjm10
ControlIt
insanity
Morticia
aram624
maskrene
teaismyhappyplace
smog
walkerlori
hgoldens
rachee08
Phil
3jaysmom
Jenny P.
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Time on the diet..Lbs lost etc.... Empty Time on the diet..Lbs lost etc....

Post  Jenny P. Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:13 am

I'm really excited to hear how much weight everyone has lost, how long it has taken and how the diet is going for everyone.

the longest I have been able to stay on this consistently is a week but I lost eight lbs that week. I don't know what my current weight is but I am going to try and stick to this one more week while working out and then weigh myself. Wish me luck tongue
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Time on the diet..Lbs lost etc.... Empty Re: Time on the diet..Lbs lost etc....

Post  3jaysmom Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:20 am

25ish pounds in 6ish weeks!! I hope more people post, I want to know how everyone is doing!!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Time on the diet..Lbs lost etc.... Empty WOW

Post  Phil Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:26 pm

Ok i know i have posted in like ever single topic but the novelty value of the forum hasn't worn off yet and i'm still excited that we have a proper place to post!!!

that being said i promise it will subside hopefully shortly lol and i won't be this annoying :p

i just wanted to say that 25ish pounds in 6 weeks is AMAZING! i hope i can do that well... once i get back on track!
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:18 am

Phil- like I said, that's only "half on track" so you will do it, too!!! Just try to have more good days than bad, and you'll stay ahead of the game. Its nice when it happens fast, but all that is important is that it HAPPENS!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  rachee08 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:33 am

My biggest loss was like 5 lbs in 3 days! Which is AWESOME for me but I have had cruddy will-power and have really struggled, I have really HAD IT. So I am going to say hello to 1 more Monday w/ a 5-bite fresh start! Cool Sooo, Hopefully I'll have better stats for you come NEXT Monday! I'm headed over to the SUPPORT section right now to get this party started! haha!
rachee08
rachee08

Back to top Go down

Time on the diet..Lbs lost etc.... Empty Ugggg Help.

Post  Jenny P. Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:03 am

I am doing lousy. I think this diet is a great idea, I've seen it work and I so want to be thin but I just can't stick to it for any length of time. Any advice? I need help!
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  rachee08 Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:17 am

I'm in the same boat jennyp. well today I've been doing good. I seem to do best when I just make up my mind. if you can resist that one snack then the next one will be easier to resist and so on... I just have to keep telling myself "This fat is the only thing standing between me and being able to enjoy myself through college and go after my dreams happily." and that "this doesn't last forever and this isn't the last donut in the world." lol (fill in the blank w/ whatever ur staring at...) just get it done and overwith! I wish I had the tricks to give you... :/
rachee08
rachee08

Back to top Go down

Time on the diet..Lbs lost etc.... Empty Thanks Rachee

Post  Jenny P. Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:42 am

Thanks. I guess it's just hard for everyone at one time or another.
Here is my plan for tomorrow:
AM: Coffee
Lunch: Coffee (if I'm starving then a Fiber One Bar)
Dinner: Five Bites of dinner then i am going to brush my teeth so I won't eat more. If I'm still hungry I will chug some water.

Maybe when i want to snack (or binge) I am going to count to 100 and do some sit ups.

I am only thinking about tomorrow. One day at a time. I will perform perfectly (that is so much easier to say with a full stomach, I will try and be strong tomorrow.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  hgoldens Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:38 pm

Jenny-how did you end up dong? I am a huge snacker so I have been chewing gum like crazy...it has been helping me

hgoldens

Back to top Go down

Time on the diet..Lbs lost etc.... Empty Re: Pounds lost..etc.

Post  Jenny P. Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:13 pm

I did really well following the plan actually. I'm goinng to do it again again today.
I had coffee for breakfast and lunch with some coffee in between (4 cups I think).
then I was planning on skipping dinner if I could manage but i couldn't. However I did stick to my five bites and had some hot tea which helped fill me up. Then I brushed my teath and chugged some ice water. I did chews ome gum yesterday afternoon and drank some ice cold water as a snack. But overall it didn't kill me and this morning when I weighed myself I was down 2 and a 1/2 lbs. So here I go again today....
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Time on the diet..Lbs lost etc.... Empty Yay!

Post  Jenny P. Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:48 pm

Down one more lb today! That puts me at 187 from 192 this week! ( 5 lbs! ) Think I can lose two more by the end of the week?

My first weight goal is 170 lbs. I think at that point I will add cardio so I don't plateau.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  walkerlori Sun May 02, 2010 3:02 pm

Last year I did 5 bites for about 2 weeks and lost 15 pounds. The good news is when I went back to regular eating, I maintained the weight loss. I think I was so used to eating small portions that even though I was eating more than 5 bites, it was still less than what I was doing before the diet.
walkerlori
walkerlori

Back to top Go down

Time on the diet..Lbs lost etc.... Empty Re: Time on the diet...lbs lost...etc.

Post  Jenny P. Tue May 04, 2010 7:18 pm

Wow Lori that's awesome! I can't wait until I've lost 15 lbs. I'm about half way there.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  smog Wed May 05, 2010 2:17 am

You guys are doing so well on this diet!! I'm down about 5 pounds in a week, slower going than the first time I did this diet but it feels more important to me to not restrict my calories to the point where I'm so weak and wobbly that I end up stuffing my face and ruining it all... Which is usually what happens Rolling Eyes

I've been doing ok, I can skip breakfast and have 5 bites for lunch but late afternoon is brutal. My body is screaming at me, and if I don't eat something (however small) I only end up gorging later. I usually eat about 10-20 bites at dinner, so I'm not sticking to the 5BD exactly, but my weight is going down, it's just slow. This works better for me, coz I'm not a sooky, falling down mess for my kids and I end up losing more weight overall coz I can stick at it for longer. I think the doc only recommends staying on the 5BD for a short time (no way is it sustainable long term!), but I'm gonna keep this up as long as I can. It feels more important to me to break my feast/famine cycle than to lose huge amounts of weight overnight. So far so good...

xx

smog

Back to top Go down

Time on the diet..Lbs lost etc.... Empty so far

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu May 13, 2010 5:02 pm

2 weeks, 11 lbs so far.
half way point has been reached and im so so so happy, today im sticking to the diet and NOT messing this up.

keep motivated guys! u can totally all do this. i know my goal is not that substantial compared to some others on this forum, but atleast it shows that it can work, regardless of what ur own personal weight loss goal is. im in no way at all an expert on this diet, and i dont claim to be sticking to it 100% of the time, but i can hopefully shed some light for anyone starting out, or anyone with a little struggle:

1- first 3 days SUCKS, (headaches, weakness, grumbling tummy) but it gets better and ur hunger stops harassing u so often during the day if u tough it out.
2- socially, this diet is a challenge. people feel weird when they see ur not eating, and they try to stuff u to compensate. Stay strong, and if nothing else just tell them that u already ate before and ur not that hungry to begin with.
3- this diet saves money, except in coffee and tea... hahaha
4- at about 6 days of sticking to the diet i would say it became almost second nature, skipping breakfast, tea in the morning, tea midmorning/with lunch, 5 bites at 2:30, and a light dinner at 7:30. make a rhythm. I think that way ur body gets placed in a sequence and it learns to deal with it better.
5- water is ur friend, drink it up. As u lose weight, and burn fat, u are also releasing a lot of toxins into ur body pretty quickly, it helps ur skin and ur bowels to drink water and flush out whatever it can.
6- i did NOT do the snickers thing cuz chocolate makes me break out, BUT i did find other great 5 bite things to eat that worked well. Spices actually have no calories, boost ur metabolism a little, and give ur mouth a flavor memory- what i mean by that is ur mouth needs some flavor that it can remember for a few seconds, u can enjoy that flavor rather than putting like 3 slices of bread in ur mouth in 2 seconds and be like - wait what happened just then? take like that same slice of bread and put something with flavor on it. Hummus, curry powder, ketchup, olive spread, whatever u like. but try to enjoy the flavor rather than just being like IM HUNGRY AHHH and eat the whole house. (guilty) Shocked
7- depending on how u work, being busy or being lazy may trigger hunger. So, for some it may be best to start the diet maybe on a friday so u have a weekend to deal with hunger and then start the work week on a good controlled note, while others may like to be busy to have something to distract them so mondays are good (or whatever). Find what u think works for u and then commit to 5 days of not going bad. if u can make it thru 5 days, ull likely see a little weight drop, and ur stomach will be smaller. At that point, even if u binge- ur tummy will be uncomfortable WAY earlier than it would have been say 6-7 days ago.
8- weigh ins really shouldnt be once a day (or 3 times a day).... i still struggle with this obv. haha. Since the weight comes off pretty quick, i think every 2 days or even every week can be quite the motivator.
9- Believe that u can do this. I think above all else, u have to want to get this done and over with and believe that u have the ability to complete this task.
10- USE THIS FORUM, its so helpful, supportive and really invaluable.

i hoped that helped some people atleast with what to expect. Cuz i know i didnt believe it would drop off me this fast, but now im a believer, and i know that there are LOTS of other people on this forum alone that are doing STELLAR and dropping so much weight and feeling amazing!

best of luck guysssss Like a Star @ heaven
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  maskrene Mon May 24, 2010 2:52 am

Hey I really like your tips ... I got a few of my own...
I lost 10 lb in like 2 weeks and never regained it back even after being done with the 5 bites Wink (my mom thinks im way to skinny already so loosing any more is out of the question.. im 5'-7 and 120)

I still try not to eat any snacks... If I get hungry between meal I would drink a shot of apple cider vinegar chased by water. Or do some jumping jacks it does the trick for me.

also do not chug water !!! it just stretches your stomach and you will be more hungry later so just sip slowly Wink

also just listen to your body, for me now sometimes 4 bites fills me up, sometimes it takes 10, but like I said i did not gain any weight back since I have lost it.

maskrene

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Mon May 24, 2010 3:26 am

That's cool, thank you for the tips. Why do you drink cider vinegar? Doesn't that give you a stomach ache?
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  maskrene Mon May 24, 2010 12:17 pm

Hey I heard it's extremely beneficial ... just google it Wink
http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/

good luck

maskrene

Back to top Go down

Time on the diet..Lbs lost etc.... Empty Time on the diet..Lbs lost etc....

Post  aram624 Fri May 28, 2010 8:41 am

I do this, but not out of fear that I may miss my workout. However, I can see how this would happen to people. Something might come up, you might get tired, you might forget, who knows. What I do know is that there are more possible reasons for why a person would miss a workout at 6pm than there would be at 6am. Your alarm clock rings off, you eat, and you go workout. There's very little time in there for something to get in the way or for you to come up with an excuse.
=============
Seo | Cheap Seo

aram624

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:00 pm

I can finally say 30 lost!!! It took a month to take those 5 off, though. I'm almost halfway to goal. Damn, I still have so much work to do. Its been about 10 weeks.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:02 pm

OMG THAT IS AMAZINGGGG 3jaysmom!!!
keep going u are doing incredibly!!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:44 am

WOW!! 30 in 10!!

That's AMAZING truly inspirational!

HUGZzz Smile
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:09 pm

19 lbs in EXACTLY 6 weeks. and im not done YET!!!!
i went on youtube for like an hour last night and watched victorias secret runway clips... and yeah i cant wait for this weight to go so i can go to the gym again. <-- inspiration, i think so.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:24 pm

Tea-

That is so great! You are so close to your goal, and I know how determined you are, you'll be on the Victorias Secret runway soon Laughing or maybe just looking like you could be, if you felt like it...

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:36 pm

hahaha 3jays that would be really funny. id take looking like i could be. Smile im just so glad that this diet works!!! and so quick too!!! im telling u it would be a billion times harder without the support on this forum. im so grateful for the friends we have here.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next