Shanni kitty's daily dose ^_*

Go down

Shanni kitty's daily dose ^_* Empty Shanni kitty's daily dose ^_*

Post  shanni82 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:36 pm

Hello, I'm starting my journal and diet tomorrow -- wish me luck!
shanni82
shanni82

Back to top Go down

Shanni kitty's daily dose ^_* Empty Re: Shanni kitty's daily dose ^_*

Post  spryng on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:36 pm

Good luck, we are here for ya!! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  connie on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:51 pm

Good Luck!
connie
connie

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:58 pm

good luck Smile
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Shanni kitty's daily dose ^_* Empty Day 1

Post  shanni82 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:12 pm

Thank you all. It means a lot to me to feel that I am not alone in this. I'm getting ready for the work day and am pretty sure it's going to be a trying day. The past few years are truly riddled with failed diets and plans...things I couldn't even stick to for a day because my emotions tend to get the best of me. So today I need all the determination and focus I can get.

I'm going to try to drink a lot of water and unsweetened tea, then have my 5bd lunch at noon. About five hours from now, I just have to make it til then. Baby goals to get through the day.
shanni82
shanni82

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:03 pm

exactly, just keep in mind one meal at a time, one meal at a time. If you get hungry before noon don't hesitate to eat lunch a little earlier if you need to. There were some days I wouldn't make it until 10:30 am and had to eat and then eat dinner several hours later. So let your body guide you and yes drink lots of tea, I find tea will curb my appetite before lunch but water increases it.. don't know why. So I drink water until about 10am then I switch to green tea until lunch which is usually 11 am for me. So hang in there, get these first 3-4 days under your belt and it will get a lot easier, keep your eye on the prize!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Morticia on Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:04 pm

I'm not going to lie, it's hard but it works and faster than most diets.

Good Luck!
Morticia
Morticia

Back to top Go down

Shanni kitty's daily dose ^_* Empty Day 1 LUNCH

Post  shanni82 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:34 pm

Just finishing up my lunch break. I had one Vanilla Grammy Sammy (110 calories)
Shanni kitty's daily dose ^_* Product_main_grammy_sammy
I do kind of have a headache... I think from concentrating so hard! I also made a spreadsheet to check in on my progress daily.
shanni82
shanni82

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:16 pm

i totally agree, green tea is my saviour between meals!!! and yeah you will be hungry all the time, however in a few days you don't really notice it anymore.

just stick with it! even if you go a few bites over, just go right back on track and you will still see a loss!
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Shanni kitty's daily dose ^_* Empty Blew it :-(

Post  shanni82 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:01 am

I am sorry (and embarrassed) to say tonight was a failure! I got terribly nauseous with a migraine and went beyond my plan. It was the first awful migraine, I've had in months.Next time I will go to bed instead...
shanni82
shanni82

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:11 am

Welcome and stay strong do your best if you fall just get up as fast as possible never give up u will do great.
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:15 am

its okay everyone makes mistakes. i have always had at least once a week where i didn't stay on plan. important thing is to start up again asap Very Happy
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  shanni82 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:58 am

Thank you! I am praying for a better day tomorrow. Hopefully if I have another headache tomorrow it won't be a full on mf migraine! I'm also thinking maybe I should do all protein for my bites. Maybe my little Grammy Sammys are too sugary... I will post daily and hope to get through this.
shanni82
shanni82

Back to top Go down

Post  Morticia on Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:51 am

shanni82 wrote:I am sorry (and embarrassed) to say tonight was a failure! I got terribly nauseous with a migraine and went beyond my plan. It was the first awful migraine, I've had in months.Next time I will go to bed instead...

My honest advice is that you will keep having this peoblem if you do not eat better foods. You need to stablize your blood sugar to make it long on this diet and the only way to really do that is to avoid sugars and eat fats and protein.

For example:

Eggs with spinach cooked in coconut oi or REAL butter or olive oil.
Porkchop with fat eaten
If you are a vegetarian I would suggest sugar free organic peanut butter on a spoon or other forms of nutty fatty protein.

I know many are afraid of fat here but fat increases your sense of satiety, so you'll eat less (and take in fewer calories). Fat also makes you feel fuller longer: It stimulates the release of a hormone that slows the rate of food leaving the stomach, so a meal literally sticks to your ribs. The stomach and intestine are lined with receptors that, when stimulated by fat, send signals to the brain that you're full. It's sugar and white starchy carbs you need to really avoid those make your blood sugar unstable.
Morticia
Morticia

Back to top Go down

Post  shanni82 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:57 am

Thank you so much for that advice. I do have organic sugar-free nut butters in the fridge.
*Do you think 2 Tbs for a 5 bite meal would do the trick? If a bite is 1 tsp, 2 Tbs would be 6 bites but I think it would do just as well...

I will be smarter about the foods I choose for this diet. Will update how that goes for me today. Thanks.again!

Last edited by shanni82 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added question?)
shanni82
shanni82

Back to top Go down

Shanni kitty's daily dose ^_* Empty Day 2 LUNCH

Post  shanni82 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:22 pm

I am going to keep counting my days on this diet whether or not I screw up because I find it too demoralizing to keep renumbering my days. I just want to move on and do better each day! I hopefully did not binge too greatly last night with my headache--I found that my weight went down a couple of pounds this morning and I am now 340.2

Ok, so it's after noon over here and I had peanut butter for lunch! I took a small pinch bowl and scooped out 2Tbs into it and took it to work. So far so good.
Shanni kitty's daily dose ^_* Pb11

I am still planning to buy a couple things after work tonight and test out how I do on each of them--if I feel sick, get more headaches, etc. I definitely can't cook on this diet, unless it's an exact portion. I do not have the willpower to handle leftovers etc. We'll see if that improves.
shanni82
shanni82

Back to top Go down

Post  ewhetstone on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:26 pm

Why not just take 5 bites of peanut butter? Glad you feel better.

ewhetstone

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:39 pm

Yeah I would do the same thing, just take 5 bites of peanut butter.. I don't measure etc, it's what can fit on my regular spoon or fork, 5 times.. keep the diet simple and easy Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  shanni82 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:27 pm

yeah :-( I have trouble with consistent bites and getting very paranoid that something isn't correct. It seemed to work to 5 bites for me once I ate it, so we'll see. I feel okay, not TOO TERRIBLY hungry!
shanni82
shanni82

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:02 am

Sounds like its getting ezer for ya and your already dropping lbs that's great
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  shanni82 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:55 am

I think even if it takes me a few days to get the hang of it that's ok. I will keep doing better.

Sorry I missed updating. Things got weird last night--I broke out in hives with dinner! Again tonight...which means NO MORE CHEESE. I feel pretty cruddy now.

Hopefully I can sleep and they go down by tomorrow! It will be a new day and I will continue to experiment with my 5 bites.
shanni82
shanni82

Back to top Go down

Post  connie on Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:01 am

My honest advice is that you will keep having this peoblem if you do not eat better foods. You need to stablize your blood sugar to make it long on this diet and the only way to really do that is to avoid sugars and eat fats and protein.

For example:

Eggs with spinach cooked in coconut oi or REAL butter or olive oil.
Porkchop with fat eaten
If you are a vegetarian I would suggest sugar free organic peanut butter on a spoon or other forms of nutty fatty protein.

I know many are afraid of fat here but fat increases your sense of satiety, so you'll eat less (and take in fewer calories). Fat also makes you feel fuller longer: It stimulates the release of a hormone that slows the rate of food leaving the stomach, so a meal literally sticks to your ribs. The stomach and intestine are lined with receptors that, when stimulated by fat, send signals to the brain that you're full. It's sugar and white starchy carbs you need to really avoid those make your blood sugar unstable.[/quote]

I heartily agree with every word you wrote, Morticia. I, myself, am eating very low carb and have lost 9 lbs since last Tuesday!

Connie
connie
connie

Back to top Go down

Shanni kitty's daily dose ^_* Empty I'm back!

Post  shanni82 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:03 pm

Hi all! I'm sorry I was away so long--I have been really sick with a bad sinus infection, and I had to miss a lot of work. In the thick of it I just didn't care, I felt too crappy to concentrate on the 5bd. I'm still under the weather but I've got more wits about me.

I took the food advice to heart and cooked some (mostly) low carb meals. Like kale and beef, kale and sausage, etc. and chicken with squash. All organic/natural/local. Then I froze them in these toddler/babyfood cubes that hold 1/4 cup or 2 oz.

So Now I have little 5 bite meals in the freezer that I can take out twice a day!
shanni82
shanni82

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:30 am

Good ideas and glad your back feeling better Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  connie on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:16 am

How's it going Shanni?