Help needed !Freaking out about restaurant tonight!

Go down

Help needed !Freaking out about restaurant tonight! Empty Help needed !Freaking out about restaurant tonight!

Post  connie on Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:25 pm

Hey all! We are going to the Olive Garden tonight to take MIL out for her birthday. It is bad enough to find low carb options. Although, I now know that they will remake any dish with brocolli as a sub for the pasta.
But MIL is going to comment about our portions. Then she will pout because we are not eating with her. If she was the type to go to the bathroom in the middle of a meal, I would put the leftovers in a take home box. I know I have said that we should not let others' comments control us and all...but help! Is there a subtle way to do this? I am thinking to cut up the food into teensy pieces. Kinda play around with the food, push it around the plate. Eat the teensiest pieces. You see, we are the types to practically eat the shine off the plate. Then we jokingly say to servers as they take away our empty plates, that we didn't like it! LOL! She will notice that we are not cleaning our plates as usual. If we tell her that we ate late lunch, that won't fly either. She will be mad because we knew we were coming to a restaurant. We are going to tell her that we are watching our portions because we have to take new business card photos. OK any other suggestions?????? Please help!
connie
connie

Back to top Go down

Help needed !Freaking out about restaurant tonight! Empty Re: Help needed !Freaking out about restaurant tonight!

Post  spryng on Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:12 pm

That is tough! If it was just one of you I'd say feign a stomach virus or upset or something so you could eat less but since it's two of you she'd know something was up. I've seen others eyeball their food and know ok this amount makes 5 bites then cut into tiny pieces and eat it in like 20 or more bites, really make it last but still only getting a 5 bite portion so it looks like you are eating constantly etc... and yes if she makes a bathroom trip get a quick doggy bag to get some off your plate! I wish you the best of luck and maybe someone else will have even better ideas Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Help needed !Freaking out about restaurant tonight! Empty Re: Help needed !Freaking out about restaurant tonight!

Post  connie on Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:17 pm

You gave me an idea. I am gonna bring a ziploc bag or container with me and try to transfer some into it right away. My luck, I will drop the whole darn thing onto my lap or something! Wish me luck!
connie
connie

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:01 pm

LOL boy you sound a lot like me, LOL let us know how it goes!!! I'm cheering for ya! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum