5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

minus 5.2 pounds in the first 3 days!!!

+2
Phil
diet74
6 posters

Go down

minus 5.2 pounds in the first 3 days!!! Empty minus 5.2 pounds in the first 3 days!!!

Post  diet74 Sat May 08, 2010 12:54 pm

I know I did this diet last year and it worked, but I am still amazed that I actually lost 5.2 pounds in just 3 days of this diet.

And I just had lunch at 1.30pm, but I actually had to force myself.I make sure I eat now rather than be beyond starving later and compromise this.

I am just surprised because considering I dont actually have that much weight to lose, I thought the loss would be slower. And it will probably slow right down I am sure, but in the meantime this is a great motivator.

The first 2 days were the worst.
I was also quite tired yesterday on day 3 , but today day 4 I feel really good.
I am going through pretty much the same thing I did last year when I did this ......I actually get to the point where I almost "enjoy" the tummy rumbling, the hungry feeling.
It's almost like my brain is telling me the more I am hungry, the more weight I lose.....
weird I know.
Shocked

anyways, I will keep posting.
This forum definitely helps.
Writing this down makes it more "accountable" in some respect.
And obviously it could help anyone who is struggling or around the same weight as me.

At the moment I am really enjoying rich foods for my 5 bites and it does tend to help.

I usually try to incorporate carb, protein and fat in ever meal.
I like olive oil, and almond butter as good sources of healthy fat.
Organic eggs for healthy complete protein, and I do try and stick to whole grains, only because they do keep me full longer.

I know the whole deal with this diet is that you can eat absolutely anything as long as it's 5 bites, but from experience, I know that certain foods feel better than others.

I do think that higher calorie foods are better.
Because you do only have 5 bites of them .....You're better off having 5 bites of a big mac than 5 bites of a banana basically.

So i use almond butter and nutella and olive oil. They add calories and really do make a difference.

I do keep a food journal in my computer's calendar.
It helps to feel accountable.
It also helps when times get rough...you can go back to when you were doing well and see what you were eating.
That is what I did the day I started 4 days ago. I went back to my journal from last year when i stuck to this diet and dropped the weight.

I can see what worked and what didn't.

I do still have my coffee , honey, soymilk every morning (and it's a big bowl of it, not a cup!!!!) and that still doesn't seem to affect the diet, in my case at least.

I also know from experience that it seems to help to eat dinner no later than 7. I usually aim for 6:30.
My lunch will be between noon and 2pm.
diet74
diet74

Back to top Go down

minus 5.2 pounds in the first 3 days!!! Empty Re: minus 5.2 pounds in the first 3 days!!!

Post  Phil Sun May 09, 2010 6:21 am

To me its comforting knowing what works on the diet... and although i know our bodies are different its good to know what others do (what they eat etc)... I have to agree with you diet74... Eating rich food does help as it also make you much fuller quicker... Smile
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

minus 5.2 pounds in the first 3 days!!! Empty Re: minus 5.2 pounds in the first 3 days!!!

Post  Brighteyes1385 Mon May 24, 2010 3:49 pm

I know this post is a little bit old but I have to say, I am now enjoying the tumble rumbling as well! To me it's a sign of my body burning more fat and that makes me smile every time I feel it! Before I started this diet whenever I felt even the slightest ache or form of hungry I would jet straight to the kitchen to fix a snack or meal! It's so nice not to do that anymore!

Brighteyes1385

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Mon May 24, 2010 6:20 pm

I too enjoy not being a slave to food.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

minus 5.2 pounds in the first 3 days!!! Empty New here

Post  aliceb Fri May 28, 2010 5:27 pm

Hi, I'm new here. I have read the book and I am excited to get started. you (Diet74) said you don't have much weight to lose. do you mind sharing that? I have about 20 lbs to shift but I'm wondering if I can expect the kind of losses each week (5 Lbs + would be great) that others have managed. In the past I have slogged at healthy diet plus exercise but the process was so painfully slow that I would lose all motivation and completely give up. A quicker loss would be a tremendous motivator to keep with it. Also, I enjoy some wine with dinner---I guess that I will have to give that up according to the book.

Thanks --great to have discovered this forum, would love to hear opinions/experiences from anyone who would like to share.

aliceb

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Fri May 28, 2010 10:21 pm

Welcome to the forums aliceb

hopefully u will find the forums supportive and very useful like we all do Smile

I'm not 100% sure on the amount of weight u will lose but I know that people who have had 10-15lns have lost it pretty quickly... It would probably also depend on a few things like how closely you follow the diet, if you exercise, your metabolism

diet74 could answer your question better and also maybe teaismyhappyplace might be able to shed some light better than I did lol since I have much more to lose...

I'm sure there are others that can help here as well but I can't think off the top of my head...

Good Luck Smile
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

minus 5.2 pounds in the first 3 days!!! Empty advice? kinda.

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sat May 29, 2010 1:40 am

Phil is 100% right- it depends on the person and the situation that ur going to put urself in.
i started about 4 weeks ago and ive lost 15 lbs so far. my goal was 20 lbs so im almost there- im currently 112 lbs and 5'2.5'' tall. First week i lost 5 lbs, next week 3- and its been about 2 lbs each week since then. I had a couple cheat situations in the middle, but i think that when i 100% focus on what im doing- i lose about 2.5 lbs a week, which really isnt too bad considering that i dont do any cardio (yet). The weight comes off, but its all on u how u want to do this. I also dont eat a snickers per meal, i have some cheese, curry, rice, something that has some protein and fiber and stuff- sugar makes me break out! Hope that helped u out a little.

Also the support here is invaluable, we really have a little family going on here. I encourage u to glance thru and see what you can get from the journals. Everyone has some struggle time, but i think the most important thing is the understanding and control that this diet brings, and the ability to bring urself right back to the diet after u have messed up a bit. Know that this is a tool that u can use to lose weight at any time, either after u met ur goal, or if u want to lose some more later on- whatever the case may be. I can get to a weight and then maintain it. You know that okay my goal weight is 120- i reached that, so now im going to go and have a normal life- so u go out, eat an awesome dinner with friends and gain a lb- dont panic its not going to the be the start of ur undoing. For the next meal, bring it down to 5 bites. When u feel like ur hungry again, then eat. Dont eat just cuz its lunch time, eat cuz ur body is saying "k i used that energy and now i need some more"
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Brighteyes1385 Sat May 29, 2010 1:54 am

That is some great advice your giving Tea, I was curious as to how you would go about maintaining after you lose it all! Very Happy

I also have to agree that every time I do happen to go over my bites that it is very easy to jump back on board, this diet is so successful and easy and it has also taught me so much about portion control that I don't think I will every try another diet again!

Brighteyes1385

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sat May 29, 2010 2:12 am

brighteyes im right there with u. I was kinda wondering what im going to do when i get to my goal weight- but i mean the most damage i can see myself doing in an afternoon of bring a fatty is like maybe an extra 500-800 calories. Over the course of a day, if i skip a breakfast and a lunch, thats like (90 calories for scrambled eggs, 80 calories for tea, 100 for bread on my sandwich, 150 for cheese, 50 for hummus, about 30 for the veggies ill throw in there with another 80 for another afternoon tea- total= 580 calories) so you can have a "big" albeit HEALTHY dinner the night before, as long as u learned to take care of it the next day.

now ive never been one for stardard american diet food to begin with, andi dont eat snack food or fast food--- BUT that being said, after this diet, i will never even CONSIDER a slice of cake or pie without thinking, okay-- if im going to eat that, then be prepared to skip a breakfast and lunch tomorrow to compensate. That kiiinda makes u think twice about it. haha! and i think THAT was dr. Lewis's point. Make the change, do it quick, and keep it as a tool with u always so u dont lose control.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down