5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XMAS CHALLENGE!!!

+13
amu82
ewhetstone
Jenny P.
Sherri417
insanity
shnookie
TheOtherTwin
AttackPenguin
Jesabelle
LLJames
Dmac
spryng
kizzykay
17 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

XMAS CHALLENGE!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XMAS CHALLENGE!!!

Post  AttackPenguin Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:20 pm

I haven't lost an ounce of weight and I've been good. I think maybe the calories have been too high? I'm going to go on a 500 calorie diet and going to alternate that with 5 bite. Or use 5 bite when I want a treat maybe. But it's freaking me out that I'm losing nothing when most people make significant drops in the first few days.

AttackPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:39 pm

yeah that would frustrate me as well....how big are your bites? what is your typical meals? (so we can see if they are high caloric items) maybe instead of counting calories you can just use the snicker bar method a few days, two snickers each day, they are suppose to represent what a 5 bite meal should look like in size. But you find what works for you for sure! If my scale isnt moving, especially at first it would disapoint me as well and make it hard to stick to the diet.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  AttackPenguin Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:54 pm

Eh, my bites haven't been huge. I've had to do 15 bites a day to be able to concentrate for work. A typical day would be light toast (40 calories) with light cream cheese (30) and a sandwich for dinner (400 max) plus a smaller snack to get me through (maybe 100 in toast and peanut butter or broth for under 50). So I'm not going over 600 calorie-wise. I have an underactive thyroid and I suspect 5 bite, with the combo of fasting and low calories, may be slowing it down.

My default for dieting before has been 1000 calories, I've lost 30 pounds on that - just slowly. If a week at 500/5 bite doesn't sort this out I think I'll have to go back to that before I mess up my metabolism Sad

Unfortunately, I can't afford to do the snickers thing right now. I'm hypoglycemic too and in a high pressure job. I don't get off-days where I can be spacey. Crying or Very sad

AttackPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:41 pm

oh you sound a lot like me! I don't have an underactive thyroid but I am hypoglycemic as well with a fast paced high pressure job so I get that part completely! I had to rearrange some conferences etc when I first started so I could have 3 days to do 10 bites a day and get those tough days of feeling weak and foggy headed behind me. Could you try 5 bites twice a day on a weekend or do you work all weekend as well?? But yeah if this is just causing your metabolism to slow even more it may not be for you. You gotta find what works for sure!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

XMAS CHALLENGE!!! - Page 2 Empty 48 days to go!!!

Post  spryng Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:42 pm

So 48 days to go until xmas, here is my daily check in

meals:
B-nothing
L- 5 bites steak and mac n cheese
D- 5 bites taquitos

Today has been a wonderful day. I went on and on about it in my journal if you are interested in reading it. Also in the spirit of the xmas challenge I ordered my first xmas gifts today online. I do all my shopping every year online. I love it coming right to my door. So that at least gets me started. Buying for 4 kids is hectic sometimes.

So anyway, a great day! Can't wait to see this weeks progress Smile

oh I forgot to mention here I did lose 1.2 lbs this week, I weighed in today so yay! I'm on track for my xmas goal! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:59 am

Glad to see you had such a great day spryng. my day was good to seems as though this diet is ezer if you are accomplishing things and not just killing time between meals so today was super ez because I was so bizy at work
17 days to Thanksgiving 48 to Christmas
L 5 bites spicy chicken at BK
D 5 bites garlic bread with chicken Alfredo on it
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:39 am

Sprying, love shopping for xmas gifts online!!!! My two girls are teenagers and you can find so much more online as far a clothing and there's less chance that one of their friends will be wearing the same thing. Which I guess is one of the worst things that can hapen (so I hear) What a Face

L-5 bites chicken chiliquilas
D-5 bites marinated chicken with rice

weigh in...139...No weight loss this week Sad

I did wotk out for 45 on the treadmill today and will work out tomorrow morning and then again tomorrow afternoon after picking up my youngest from school.
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

XMAS CHALLENGE!!! - Page 2 Empty Is it too late for me to join

Post  shnookie Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:07 am

I would like to join the xmas challenge too Very Happy

I started the 5BD back in MAY when I was 222lbs but I wasn't part of the forum, I would do it and fall off the wagon but rabbit in all honesty I have lost most if not all of my weight all thanx to the 5BD, it has been slow but its because I would lose 15lbs and regain 5lbs when I went back to eating bigger portions more often.

Before forum: 222lbs
Starting weight 18 days ago: 204.6lbs
Current weight: 189.2

Goal weight for end of November: 174lbs
Goal weight for christmas: 160lbs

This should be fun bounce
shnookie
shnookie

Back to top Go down

Post  AttackPenguin Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:55 pm

Phew. Finally, some weight budged. 125 (three pounds).

To keep my metabolism up I'm spreading the ten bites over three meals accompanied by essentially calorie-free veggies (ie. a bit of boiled cabbage, undressed raw spinach). Still keeping the total under 500 calories.

On to day four!

AttackPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:13 pm

3 lbs is great attackpenguin! Maybe you are a whoosher! Your body won't give up an ounce for days and days then WHoosh! You lose several lbs at once and it starts over, but 3 lbs is amazing, keep up the great work!

schnookie you are down 33 lbs so far that is fantastic! Welcome back and this challenge will be great for us all Smile

That is too funny jesabelle! But true, my oldest daughter is 11 and all her stuff has to be "unique" lol Those treadmill workouts are gonna pay off so hang in there! You may be gearing up for a whoosh yourself!

spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  AttackPenguin Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:30 pm

Ha! A whoosher, that's too funny, I'll keep that in mind.

And great job on sticking with your progress Spryng, especially with 4 kids - I'm one of 5, but we were never all in one house at once, so I can't imagine! My victory of this week was buying something for my very trendy teenage sister's birthday that she liked - have you tried clearance from Urban Outfitters?

And Schnookie, that's awesome! 33 pounds is so much, like half an Olsen twin, right? Very Happy

AttackPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  shnookie Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:37 pm

Sprying I never even counted how much I had lost as of back then I jst focused on the current weight loss.... Lol no wonder some of my clothes r just way too big now!

Jesabelle LOL at ur Olsen twin comment Very Happy
shnookie
shnookie

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:30 pm

Shnookie, yep I bet you are ready to get some new clothes in smaller sizes for sure Smile

Attackpenguin, no I haven't checked out urban outfitters but I'm going to now! LOL Plus I've been on the prowl for the perfect little black dress for April in Vegas. But since I have no idea what size I'll be at 115 I can't actually order anything but I'm creating a wishlist, LOL

Today has been great! I'm just so tired...my body hasn't caught up the time change yet, I keep waking up too early and last night we had thunderstorms I couldn't sleep through. So I'm dragging booty right now.. but I did utilize that extra time this morning with a workout on the treadmill trying to get my step goal in. I'm already over it for today so that always makes me feel good.

My meals:

B-nothing
L- 5 bites yogurt with granola
D- sirloin and mac n cheese

spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:59 am

Another good day bizzy but good
L 5bites sonic Burger
D 2 bites pumpkin pie 1 bite apple pie 2 bites fry's all McDonald's
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:27 am

B-Coffee
L-5 bites cheese, tomato, mushroom sandwich melt
D-5 bites taco salad without the shel

I can't wait to go shopping for clothes in a smaller size. I love Urban Outfitter!!!! Bebe is always a gerat store to shop at for a LBD also. Sprying, I'm trying to think what size I was when I was 115 and I think that it was around a 5 in jr's and a 4 in womens. I'm betting you would be about the same at that weight because your 5'4 like me.
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:12 pm

Oh Jesabelle you have me all excited now! A size 4 was my dream goal size so now I'm definitely aiming for 115 Smile A little black dress for Vegas in a size 4 sounds perfect!!! Can't wait for April now! Smile

Dmac, see that is exactly why I love this diet, who says they ate pie and french fries for dinner and still lost weight?? Only on 5 bites, LOL

Well today is day 100 for me! woo hoo! happy dance! I'll check back in later.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:24 pm

Congratulations on 100 days that's fantastic cheers . Ya love eating whatever sounds good at the time
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:45 pm

So today has been great! I did 30 min on the treadmill so I'm happy with that.

Meals:
B-nothing
L- 5 bites chicken and mushroom risotto
D- 5 bites chicken and stuffing casserole

The exercise does make me hungrier each day. I get up early to work out and by 8am I'm starving and I have to endure it until 11 am.. sucks but I know its gonna benefit me in the long run. Its not like ravenous hunger but like a nagging stomach is really empty hunger. I hope it gets better.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:34 am

Another good day still so bizy at work makes the diet ez but tonight I'm just tiered
L 5 bites chicken toaster club frum sonic
D 5 bites griddle sausage wraps
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:08 am

no workout today Crying or Very sad I did stay busy cleaning the house though. The ants decided that they liked it better in the house than out so I decided to deep clean all areas including all the nooks and crannies and then put ant traps out. I really despise ants!!!!

L-5 bites spinach, mushroom sauteed in olice oil
D-5 bites homemade pepperoni pizza (I have the recipe for the most incredible thin crust!!!)(I wanted more than 5 bites but my family made sure that there was nothing left to bite Evil or Very Mad
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  AttackPenguin Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:33 pm

Somehow, despite being good, I have defied the laws of nutrition and gained a pound. All while being the most exhausted and spacey I've ever been on a diet. I'm out ladies, sorry. I've had a better luck on other diets, and I'm switching back.

Good luck!

AttackPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:27 pm

Best of luck with an alternate plan, AttackPenguin!

I would like to join the challenge late.

cw: 183
gw for challenge: 160

Non-food goal for challenge: Stick to 5 Bite Diet through December 31st.

I did not feel deprived the few times in the past that I stuck to a food limit on holidays or events. The food tastes so much better on 5 Bite. I will try to remember this when faced with temptation!

I hope this challenge provides the motivation and accountability to stick to 5 Bite.

I'm scheduled to run a 5 mile race on Jan 1st, so I am planning to go off 5 Bite that day, and eat at or close to maintenance level on that day for recovery purposes. I hope I can then jump right back on 5 Bite and stay on until I reach my ultimate goal of 110. I'll be participating in the Polar Plunge on Feb 25, 2012, and I would prefer to wear a bikini, so that will be my next goal date after the end of the year.

I'm on Day 2 now, and feeling pretty hungry this afternoon. Just one more day to get through, then it gets easier. (thinking positive)
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:44 pm

Attackpenguin, you have to do what works for you and your body so best of luck to ya!

Insanity, yes hang in there, for me it took 4 full days to get past those ravenous feelings between meals but then it was much much better. The polar plunge makes me shiver just thinking about it! LOL

Jesabelle, the ants were bad here this summer too. So glad it finally got cold enough to keep them away.

Well my day was great! Today is my friday.. I'm off tomorrow, not sure yet what I'm gonna do. I may go shopping for kitten supplies. Dec 3rd I'll be driving 7 hours to texas to pick up our brand new addition to the family. A tiny, flat faced long hair calico persian. I'm like a kid on xmas morning trying to wait! I have wanted a persian cat since I was 5 years old. I've always thought they were beyond gorgeous etc. So now I finally found a good breeder etc so I'm psyched!!! So I think I may pick up a few items she'll need so I don't have to do all the shopping the day we bring her home.

Meals:
B-nothing
L- 5 bites chicken and stuffing casserole
D- 5 bites spaghetti with garlic bread

45 more days til xmas!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:21 am

Today was another ez day stayed bizy at work
L 3 bites chicken nuggets 2 bites fry's even got a toy because it was a happy meal frum McDonald's
D 3 bites grilled chicken 2 bites scalloped potatoes
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:53 am

Dmac, love the happy meal! LOL!! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next