5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tea's road to Teeny Tiny!!

+3
Dmac
Jesabelle
teaismyhappyplace
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tea's road to Teeny Tiny!!  Empty Tea's road to Teeny Tiny!!

Post  teaismyhappyplace Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:36 am

HIII EVERYONE, im so so glad that people are still here!
so i havent exactly been on any diet for a little bit now. but i FINALLY have the time to commit to this again. I want to lose 20 lbs by the end of march. thats it, no funny business and no excuses. This is a diet that worked really well for me and it was backed up by the lovely people on this forum. COME ON GUYS this is happening!!
okay so i started a new thread cuz i needed to just start fresh and go forward. i dont know my weight right now, but the minute i move back home i will weigh in and start up properly with a water fast day (kind of a diet ritual for me). Bottom line this has to happen now for me. I am not really overweight or anything, just unhappy with the state im in right now especially knowing that only 2 summers ago i was at my GORGEOUS goal weight that made me so confident and happy. I dont expect it will take me long insofar as i stick to my schedj. I plan on walking 30 min per day and sticking to the diet. The last time i didnt work out and i think the weight fell slower because of that. That being said, the last time i was super tired on this diet too, so lets take it day by day and see what my body can do.

im so proud of all the kiddos that are on this forum now and ill the people that are losing so much weight! this is very doable- i did it last time, and i didnt gain the weight back cuz of anything to do with metabolism- i gained it cuz i moved around a lot, didnt have access to good food, and money was tight to spend on food that was good for me. The excuses are over, im moving back to my home town finally, i just finished my lady time (always an excuse), and im ready to go. Im motivated, im ready and most importantly i know that this is possible.

I will check in as much as possible, and I promise to be 100% totally honest with this forum. I find that its helpful to vent it out, please dont hate me if i rant--- i tend to do that both when i screw up and when i feel good. Razz

Last edited by teaismyhappyplace on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Tea's road to Teeny Tiny!!  Empty Re: Tea's road to Teeny Tiny!!

Post  Jesabelle Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:32 am

Welcome back!!!! Very Happy
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Welcome back tea rant all you want I think out Helps to get it out Smile
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:48 am

thanks guys,
as promised ive been trying really hard for the past few days to make this stick and ive had some trouble- im good all day and then come home and just eat. i havent binged at all and ive def eaten WAY less than i do normally, but its still not 10/day, so im not calling it a success just yet.

Now today on the other hand- im going to call it a go.
breakfast- coffee (splenda and little milk)
lunch- 1 slice fruit cake (5 bites)
dinner- 1 slice fruit cake (5 bites)

i know its fruit cake, which is heavy and calorific etc, but it is 10 bites so im counting it!!! my last meal was at 6:15 and im not going to eat for the rest of the night. I still havent weighed in, but i think once i have a few more days of this ill feel more like it. I think ill set a monday goal for a first weigh in- which should power thru a good motivation high for the week (i hope).

Last edited by teaismyhappyplace on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:06 pm

alright yesterday was finally my first win, and today is going well!!!! I have not weighed in- but i still feel chubsky so i dont want to do it till i start to FEEL smaller. Still sticking to my weigh in date and i think its acting as a motivator so thats great.

Breakfast- coffee (splenda and milk)
Lunch- skipped
Dinner- 5 bites coconut curry with chicken (3 bites chicken, 2 bites liquid curry)

i think i just need a few days of practicing the mental focus of a fast so that i can allow myself to work 5bites/meal properly. I know thats a little extreme (totally aware of that), but dieting is such a mental game for me that my habits need to be totally broken in order to be rebuilt. I think by the weekend ill have this all straight and I can go 5/meal without too much torture. I will keep you all updated.

Coffee and tea are saving my life right now- whenever im a little munchy i just make some hot drink and sip it. Makes it a lot easier to stave off the emotional reasons for eating (im cold, want something sweet to sip etc).

Last edited by teaismyhappyplace on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:07 pm

I love the idea of a warm drink instead of food, it really helps me too! I drink warm tea or coffee for my breakfast and it tricks my stomach into thinking it's getting a hot meal, LOL gets me to lunch with no issues Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:28 pm

exactly! right now- just came back from work- i really dont want to eat just yet cuz i know this is my weak time of the day, so i just made some herbal tea, a little splenda and i can sip that for a bit till i feel like i have control again.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:17 pm

k so i know i said monday- but i weighed in just cuz i was getting curious.
124.3 to start with. ugh, its like 19 lbs from where i was, that being said its not as bad as i thought. eh, atleast now i have a start.

today i feel kinda crummy. its day 3- kind of a toughy cuz ive been behaving and i really dont want a cheat. but yesterday before dinner i was a little shaky, and this morning i have a headache and im a little nauseated (probably cuz of my multivitamin on an empty stomach). other than that i feel fine, not exceptionally weak or anything, but just the nausea.. hopefully it goes away soon. blech. pale

-experiment time-
okay so this nausea bit- i get this every time i do this diet after a few days of discipline. The next thing i feel is tired and its almost hard to get out of bed and shower... this usually frightens me and i go backwards on the diet a little. Today im not going to do that and im going to mind-over-matter it and see what happens. if im fine and my symptoms resolve then i will know that its just part of the process and that i should work thru it. i have heard of these symptoms happening in fasts and those guys always say to power thru it and it will resolve, so let me put that to the test and see how that works.

breakfast- 0 bites
lunch- coffee
snack- herbal tea
dinner- half slice of pizza (5 bites)

im really glad i was able to stick to it today, fridays are hard for me cuz all the fam is around and pizza is my fav. BUT i stuck to it strong and ill weigh in tomorrow morning to let u guys know where i stand.

also- all my symptoms subsided after about an hour from that above post- so yeah, i guess in the future ill just try to ride it out and distract myself no matter how icky i feel. I know it will go away as long as my bites are on a schedule. Tomorrow also starts my 5 bites twice a day rather than just the once a day that ive been doing for the past few days. I hope that ill be able to stick to it equally well!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:53 pm

123.4 thats almost a lb lost.. whoa.
hey thats motivation!!
today is day 4- woke up with a bit of a headache, but i generally dont feel all crappy today which is great. no nausea, and no jitters. Its snowing quite a bit today, and hasnt stopped yet so i think my plans to study in the library today are dashed. im going to hole up here and make coffee and tea all day and stick to my diet like glue. i do NOT want to go backwards on this diet.

once my body gets the initial days done with i tend to lose about 1/2 lb a day- going by that it will take 40 days to lose the 20 lbs that need to go.... ugh, that is a pretty long time. but then again its a month and a half and ill feel awesome again. better 40 days than 60 days if i go back and forth on this diet. I've never stuck to this diet for more than 4-5 days without going up to about 30bites for a day and coming back down to 5/meal so im really interested to see what happens when on this diet for a week or so at a time and longer. Perhaps this gets easier, cant wait to find out.
breakfast- coffee with milk and splenda
lunch- tea + 5 bites roast chicken breast
dinner- TBA
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:37 pm

I'm so glad those symptoms are getting better for you! Stay strong, each day does get a bit easier as you go and 40 days is really not long when you think you will be your ideal weight for many many years to come so whats 40 days in retrospect? LOL I can't wait to see how the next month works for you Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  me Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:07 am

Wow you are doing it at one meal a day Tea! Kudos to your drive. You can do it!
me
me

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:23 am

thanks guys, i really needed that! just had a 5 bite dinner - 3 bites veggie curry, 2 bites chicken. Because ive been on the one 5 bite meal a day thing for a little while i feel kinda guilty having 2 meals a day.. haha thats funny. Today was easy compared to the last few. I was kinda weak before i had my morning coffee but then it was okay. If i wasnt at home I would have been able to skip lunch all together, but i did promise that sat would start my 5bites twice a day so here we are. I actually think i lose more weight when i get something in twice a day- i guess the digestive system doesnt go to sleep and it burns some energy. I just needed to beat the psychological game before going twice a day.

but yea, thats another win!!!! onto day 5 tomorrow. I will be taking daily weigh in's and ill post them up as soon as i do it. It would be awesome to be under 123 for tomorrow. Smile

Thanks for all the support!!!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Tea's road to Teeny Tiny!!  Empty 122.6

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:36 pm

day 5 starting out awesome! I love the constant dropping, its quite the motivator.
So today as far as icky feelings go im not doing bad. I dont feel weak and i dont feel shaky thank goodness. Im not really hungry this morning (just made some coffee), but i do feel SMALLER. im so happy to be at this point where i feel smaller and like this is going in the right direction and that this is actually happening and working. Its such a motivator knowing that if today is good, then tomorrow ill feel even smaller and even better. Thanks for all the support guys!

Im pretty comitted to sticking to this diet like glue for as long as possible. Cant wait to be under 120 again. My birthday is this saturday I would love to allow that to be a cheat day to enjoy my birthday dinner and cake Smile Hopefully i can be under 120 by then!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:48 pm

definitely do-able! You are doing amazing! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:04 pm

thank youuU!!!! im really very happy that this weight is coming off. Today i just looked at myself in the mirror and i could see that my stomach was smaller and my face had lost some puffyness and i was really happy. I didnt weigh myself at the start of this cuz i was scared it was going to be like 130, but i really should have cuz i feel like ive lost like 5 lbs tho i have only been weighing in for the last few days. I want to be thin so badly. I know that sounds really typical and really childish, but i really really do. I dont want to feel self conscious, and i dont want to think "oh i dont want to see those people cuz im fat right now, but it will get better eventually" no, i want to be able to do whatever knowing that i look fabulous and happy!

today i dont feel hungry at all! i dont feel weak and i dont feel jittery. which is making this whole thing that much easier. just made some hot water with lemon and agave and i think ill just sip that for lunch (i guess i could count it as a bite since it has agave calories). Im really suprised by this turn around cuz i dont think i got to this feeling the last time i was on this diet and i can now understand how people are able to do this for a long time. I thought before no wayyyy can i do this for a week even straight cuz its almost painful. but i get it now. its nothing once u make it over the hump. I hope that this sticks around for me, it will make the weight loss that much more easy and that much faster if i dont trip up anywhere.

breakfast- coffee with milk and splenda
lunch- hot water with lemon and agave
dinner- 3 bites curry chicken + 2 bites ginger broccoli
kinda didnt want to have dinner, but i know that if i dont eat something the next day im going to pay for it... so had some protein to keep the hunger at bay and some veggies to lessen the calories while still packing on the flavors. I find that curry is great for that. If i eat something bland its almost like i didnt eat psychologically. The warm curry atleast makes me feel like i had dinner.

Last edited by teaismyhappyplace on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:50 am; edited 3 times in total
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:08 pm

You can definitely do this!!! You are doing such a great job at dropping the lbs! I think it's just a case of finding your motivation and you have found that Very Happy Keep going strong!
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  me Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:28 pm

Yes! Keep on! I know what you mean about waking up feeling smaller..today is my day 6 and its quite amazing how I feel so light.
me
me

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:15 pm

hmmm and i gained how exactly? I ate just 5 bites of dinner, so thats kinda strange. Evil or Very Mad
Since logically this makes no sense at all and i did wake up today feeling smaller, im going to rack that up to fluid retention or whatever. the body cant live on 3 bites of chicken and 2 bites of broccoli so. yea screw that.

i will stick to this today and I will weigh in tomorrow. no worries. gotta stay cool.

camping out at the library today, will stay positive.
breakfast- tea
lunch- tea with lemon
dinner- 3 bites zucchini curry, 2 bites turkey mince curry.

Last edited by teaismyhappyplace on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:51 pm

exactly, could be a million reasons why the scale is up, too much sodium, drank too much water or other fluids, exercised and the muscles are retaining fluids, PMS, the list goes on and on so don't even think twice about it Smile To avoid letting it get you down maybe change to weighing weekly instead of daily so you don't have the emotional ups and downs that come with daily weigh ins.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:19 pm

your absolutely right spryng. I think I will try to weigh in less often (1-2/wk) and focus on 100% discipline instead for the time being. Im some 6 days strong on this going 100% strict with the diet and this is not bad at all. the only thing making me want to eat are emotional triggers not hunger issues. I refuse to slip up and go back to where this diet was rough. I plan on being 100% for sure until sat so i can enjoy a good meal. I will not weigh in until saturday morning- and i hope to be under 120 by then if im good!!

today wasnt hard at all I brought some chicken to eat with me today, but by the time i got around to it, it was already 4 so i figured i would wait it out for dinner. Not too hungry between meals. My thighs feel smaller today which makes me very happy!!! Dinner is still TBA, but i just made some lemon + splenda tea and its working out. Also- im def retaining water... i hardly peed today despite all my tea and water that i drank.... so im not really expecting much of a loss tomorrow Sad but regardless. I know that it will probably be from the retention and it doesnt upset me. Regardless of that number i am still feeling smaller!maybe the scale will show it soon

Last edited by teaismyhappyplace on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:56 pm

You definitely have the diet down so the scale will follow Smile your plan sounds great!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Tea's road to Teeny Tiny!!  Empty day 7

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:12 pm

okay so 123.1 (thats a up 0.2 since yesterday, which is up 0.5 from the day before).... what the hell is going on here? I dont think i gained weight to be honest, i havent eaten enough to be gaining!!!! this is bananas!!
last night i hardly slept- constant tossing an turning. and it was SO cold. so this morning i was sure that i would see a loss since the night def used energy.

any ideas?! how can i be on this diet for 7 days and only lose like 2 lbs... come on

Last edited by teaismyhappyplace on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:47 pm

I think its normal to fluctuate like that. if you stay at it you will have a big loss I think. don't let it get you down
Make shur you get your little bit of protein. low protein levels make you retail water. but other than that it just the way it comes off sometimes. I fluctuate over 1lb at a time its frustrating but normal stay strong don't let it get to ya Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:12 pm

thanks DMAC, it doesnt make much sense, so i have to just believe that its a weird thing and not real weight loss. Thanks for the support!

Last edited by teaismyhappyplace on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:58 pm

alright so end of day 7- not a bad day at all. All my beginning symptoms seem to be done with and i kinda have a system now.

breakfast- tea with milk and splenda
lunch- skipped
snack- lemon tea with splenda and a squirt of agave
dinner- 3 bites chicken, 1 bite stir fried carrot, 1 bite stir fried mushroom

- because i paced out the bites i feel like i ate a lot, but its just a few nibbles really. What a Face
- im also going to stop putting agave in my tea, I love it and i count each cup as a bite- but i am drinking calories that i could be eating so im going to try to stop doing that.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum