New Week, New Start :)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Week, New Start :) Empty New Week, New Start :)

Post  pinklipstick on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:35 pm

18 st 2...new week, new start....good luck everyone!

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

New Week, New Start :) Empty Re: New Week, New Start :)

Post  Jesabelle on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:08 pm

you can do this!!!!!! Very Happy
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:06 pm

Thanks Jesabelle Smile you look fantastic too! Smile seeing all these pics of you gorgeous skinny women Jesabelle, Spryng and Ivana to name but a few is great motivation for the rest of us so please do keep 'em coming!

Today - 18 st 2 - maintained again

I am finding I can do just coffees for breakfast and 5 bites for lunch but it's the evenings when it goes a bit wrong for me

However I must be eating less overall because I am maintaining not gaining but I want to be losing!

I have therefore decided to have a go at not restricting the number of meals I have in a day for now, but instead focusing on every time I eat just eating exactly 5 bites - and then when I have mastered that I can progress to reducing the number of meals down to 2 - good idea?

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:28 pm

It could work as long as you aren't have more than 3 meals a day.. if you have 5 bites for 3 main meals and then 5 bites of snacking here and there it could cause you to just maintain or even gain. But yes 5 bites for 3 meals a day will still produce weightloss Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:24 pm

Thanks Spryng Smile

doing great so far today Smile

Berrocca, water, and cinnamon coffee for breakfast Smile

5 bites of smoked tofu with sweet chilli sauce for lunch Smile

cherry diet coke for a snack Smile

and I feel really full Smile

I think by telling myself I won't restrict the number of meals to 2 I am not panicking and anxiety bingeing as I have been doing Smile

see how I go this evening Smile

Pancake Day today so it will be 5 bites of pancake with lemon and sugar for me Smile

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanabskinny on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:15 pm

Oh my gosh, I know what you mean about panic and anxiety- I did the same thing!
Eating for us isn't an emergency- unless you have underlying health issues. But for a normal, albeit over weight person- we can easily skip a meal.
It's changing what we've heard all these years that's the hard part, in my opinion. Just remember those hunger pains are reminders that you're burning off calories.
I welcome them and I'm so proud of myself when I go to bed at night after I've had a perfect 5 bite day. It's a great feeling, good luck!
Ivanabskinny
Ivanabskinny

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:31 pm

Thanks Ivana Smile and yes you are so right it's about changing our mindset and going against all the ill advised and sometimes downright stupid dieting advice there is out there....I love the bit in the book where he points out just how stupid people who say ketosis is dangerous are, because how on earth are you supposed to lose weight without ketosis?! That bit really made me laugh tons! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I am doing so great today I am really thrilled and hoping I have turned a corner!

I have just had dinner of 4 bites of pancake with lemon and sugar and 1 bite of pain au chocolat and I am absolutely stuffed!

I definitely wont be eating anymore tonight! Smile

Now I have to try and figure out what exactly it was that made today go so well....was it the mind trick I played on myself saying I wasn't going to just restrict myself to 2 meals? was it the flavoured coffee? was it protein for lunch? carbs for dinner? 'snacking' on diet fizzy drinks?

Hmm, one, or a combination of several of the above has helped me succeed in sticking perfectly to the diet today! Smile

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

New Week, New Start :) Empty yay!

Post  Ivanabskinny on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:48 pm

I'm on my way to a perfect day myself, doesn't it feel empowering?
We can do this!!

Congrats!
Ivanabskinny
Ivanabskinny

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:29 pm

I agree with the empowering feeling! Being in control again feels nice for sure. You are doing great!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:47 pm

Great Job!!!!! cheers
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:11 am

Thanks so much all of you!!!

This morning I weigh 17 st 13 that's 3 lbs down overnight which is absolutely fab!!!

I am walking around with a big smile on my face today! Smile

Yes, we can do this!!!!!!

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:39 am

I've decided to stick with the protein for lunch, carbs for evening meal as that combo worked really well for me yesterday Smile

so I will have smoked tofu with sweet chilli sauce for lunch again and this evening I fancy having a pitta bread smothered in butter and marmite Very Happy

wish me luck with Day 2 guys! Very Happy

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:02 pm

Great job
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:25 pm

Thanks Dmac! Smile

so far so good, I had my tofu for lunch as planned and for my evening meal I have had 1 bite of fried potato, 4 bites of bread, butter and marmite and a diet cherry coke Smile

Not the healthiest meal but that is the beauty of this diet! Very Happy

I am feeling absolutely stuffed now!

Today has been harder I have not been feeling hungry especially but definitely been feeling a bit weaker and had a touch of cotton wool brain Sad but no, not feeling hungry particularly Smile

Feeling confident I am not going to need any more food today Smile and if I do get hungry I can always distract myself with a flavoured coffee or a diet drink Smile

Hoping I can do tomorrow (Day 3 for me) perfectly too and then, I hope, I will have cracked this! Smile

How are you getting on?

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:10 am

ok so, Day 3.....

Weight:- 17 st 11 lbs!!!!Smile Smile Smile

That is another 2 lbs off overnight!!!!

5 lbs off in two days!!!!!

and 7 lbs off in total since I first started this diet on 9 February Smile

WOW!!!!

so this morning....Berrocca, water, vanilla coffee, diet 7UP

(thirsty this morning!!!Very Happy )

lunch will be tofu with sweet chilli sauce again! I love it and it makes me feel really full!!!!

not sure about dinner yet!

here's to another perfect 5 bites day for all of us I hope! Smile Smile Smile

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:53 pm

Doing a happy dance for ya!!!!!!!!!!! congrats!!!! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:26 pm

thanks so much Spryng!!!!

to quote an ad we have on the TV at the moment, 'I feel EPIC!!!' Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

hope you are doing well this week too? Smile

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:23 pm

Your on a role keep it up your doing great
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:34 am

ok so.....after being so pleased with myself yesterday morning I fell off the wagon last night so this morning I weigh 17 st 13 which is 2 lbs back on

But it's not the end of the world because I know why I fell off the wagon:-

1. There was no food in the house me and my daughter wanted to eat...so we decided on a pizza hut tea....and its not easy to eat one slice of pizza (5 bites) when previously you used to eat the whole thing....

2. I was in a lot of pain all day yesterday with a bad back and I am a comfort eater.....and you can guess the rest.....

So today I am addressing both problems! I have been to the chemist for pain relief and I am planning on doing a weekly food shop - to include small quantities of yummy foods - for the week ahead

and I wasn't sure if I would be able to get back on track today but I have done....berocca, water and two flavoured coffees for breakfast and 5 bites of leftover pizza from last night for lunch and I feel totally stuffed and satisfied Smile

so tonight...it will be leftover pizza again.....and then the food shop will get delivered tomorrow which will give me more options!

my daughter is away tonight which will reduce my stress levels and I am planning on just curling up on the sofa with the TV once I finish work for the day being kind and gentle with myself and giving myself some recovery time Smile

Hopefully by looking after myself better and being kinder to myself I will be able to stick to the plan from now on

I am well aware that back pain can be caused by being overweight/obese....so it's yet another great reason to stick to the plan and lose the weight! Smile

The mistake I made was not seeking out pain relief sooner but hey we're human and we make mistakes and hopefully learn from them! Smile

Hope everyone else is doing ok today Smile

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:47 pm

I believe eating out is the toughest thing to do on this diet.. not impossible, but tough for sure. As you've shown you can eat the leftover pizza with no problems with 5 bites, but eating it at the restaurant was much tougher.. I think it has to do with being over stimulated from the smells, seeing other people get to devour as much as they like and of course it's a social enviroment and we all just wanna fit in Smile but I'm so proud of you for hopping right back on plan! those two lbs you gained will be gone in no time Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:23 pm

Thanks Spryng Smile

I am tempted to just pig out on the pizza but I am resisting!

I have proved to myself now, how great this plan is, IF you stick to it!

I have been searching for the holy grail of diets all of my adult life pretty much and I really believe I can stop looking now, cos this is it!

Straightforward to follow, eat whatever you want and achieve massive weight loss - what more could anyone ask for?!

The trick now is just to stick to it....realistically I know there will be times when I won't...like eating out with friends and so on...but today, when I am just alone in the house by myself with a pile of leftover pizza doesn't need to be one of them! Very Happy

Hope you are still doing well and sticking to the plan? x

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:52 am

ok so I am starting this week at 18 st 0 which I am not too happy about Sad

on Saturday I was 17 st 11 so I have gained 3 lbs just over the weekend....too much food too much alcohol Sad

but it's a new week and I have set myself a goal of getting down to 17st 7 by the end of this week

that's a 7 lb loss - 1 lb a day - which is more than achievable, as long as I stick to the plan!

wish me luck guys! Smile

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:40 pm

If I go off plan I never ever weigh myself the day after, you are gonna show a gain from water retention etc so the scale is not going to be accurate and can just dishearten you so don't let it discourage ya, just jump back on today and not look back Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

New Week, New Start :) Empty cheats

Post  Snow White on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:29 am

Cheats have been a nightmare for me! I finally got back on track and I don't want to go through the restart phase again so I'm being good! : ))) Good luck reaching your goals this week, you can do it! : ))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:01 am

Thanks for your support Smile I was finding it hard to stick to the plan yesterday too but instead of pigging out I allowed myself to just eat mini meals....every time I felt the need to eat I only allowed myself 1-5 bites....I think that is the key to this diet to stick to your maximum of 5 bites at any one time come what may!

This morning half a pound off which isn't much but the scales are moving in the right direction again Smile

And hopefully I will be able to just stick to 2 meals of 5 bites today Smile

I know exactly what you mean Snow White and I don't want to do that to myself again either....have to ever go through those first 3 days again....I've already done it twice and its not nice! So that is a really great motivation to stick with the diet and if I do fall off the wagon to get back on track again the very next meal or at least the very next day!

That's why yesterday when I knew I wasn't going to stick to the plan perfectly instead of letting myself eat loads I let myself have just 1-5 bites of what I wanted when I wanted - no way was I going to start messing with my hungerstat again!

The benefits of it being set at 5 bites max far, far outweigh the dubious 'pleasures' of binge eating....

good luck to you both today and anyone else reading this Smile

here's to a perfect 5 bites day for us all! Smile

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum