5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Week, New Start :)

+4
Ivanabskinny
spryng
Jesabelle
pinklipstick
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Week, New Start :) - Page 2 Empty Re: New Week, New Start :)

Post  spryng Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:10 pm

I think doing the mini meals was a perfect alternative for sure! it kept you from binging and going all out crazy, awesome! and the scale reflected that you were still under calories and showed a loss, even better!! keep up the great work!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:40 am

Thanks Spryng! Smile

17 st 12 today which is 2 pounds off Smile

the challenge now is to stop losing and gaining the same few pounds....and lose some serious weight! Smile

x

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

New Week, New Start :) - Page 2 Empty Congratulations!

Post  Snow White Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:15 am

Congratulations on your loss! The key is consistency...just keep going and you will get there! Have you read the Dr.'s book? It is wonderful and good to review from time to time. I am so proud of you! Very Happy
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:00 am

Thanks for the support (((Snow White))) and you are so right consistency is the key!

yes I do have the book and I would recommend everyone buy it if they are interested in following this diet as it really helps with motivation

well I made it to Thursday....and then, I did the very same thing as last week, aaargghh!!!!

so, lesson learnt....this diet only works for me if I have yummy food in the house.....5 bites of something I dont really fancy eating doesnt satisfy me and then I binge... Sad

so for next week....I need to stock up on nice food not just in the fridge but in the freezer too so I don't run out!

it is a learning process though isn't it and I keep reminding myself that I have already lost and kept off 4 lbs since I started this diet which is an achievement Smile

so my plan today is to stock up on yummy foods, and then get straight back on the plan! Smile

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:22 am

some further thoughts:-

I need to give up eating pizza altogether - it's one of my trigger foods for bingeing definitely as I just can't keep to just 5 bites!

and also a great inspirational quote from the book which I am planning on keeping in mind from now on:-

'Store food in the refrigerator, not on your body' Smile

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Smile

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:03 am

some more thoughts:-

more and more I am realising how following this plan is so similar to undergoing rehab for an addiction

we have to train our brains to realise that a few bites of food is all we need for enjoyment satisfaction and health

we don't need to stuff ourselves with food til we feel sick

we don't have to deform our bodies with food or put our health at risk for the sake of eating food

where the mind goes the body will follow Smile

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:21 am

Exactly! Very well said! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:00 pm

Yes, well said. This is so true. I was definitely addicted to overeating. I have struggled with it my whole life so far, and I hope that one day feeling satisfied with less will come second-nature.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:28 pm

18 st 0 again this morning Smile

2 lbs off Smile

the scales are going in the right direction again!

I tried something different yesterday...the other diet the Dr talks about in his book the one that is actually given to gastric band patients...the 3x3 bites p/d one....

some things I noticed...it was good to have the option of breakfast/an extra snack as 3 meals instead of just 2

and 3 bites....that really is nothing.....you have finished a meal as soon as you have started it pretty much! I wondered if this might be less likely to trigger a binge than eating 5 bites....?

not sure....so gonna experiment with it for a few days and decide which plan I prefer Smile

some other observations....

if you want to eat little, buy little! buy in bulk and you will be tempted to eat in bulk! I am finding that wandering around the supermarket picking up little bits of whatever takes my fancy works better for me now than doing a big weekly online shop...the less food there is in the house the less likely I am to binge....however as I have mentioned before, there does need to be some yummy food in the house at all times....otherwise that scenario can also bring about a takeaway/trip to the shop to stock up on junk food binge!

It's a balancing act I guess and one that takes practice!

Good health for life is a marathon and not a sprint!

Also...and I bet everyone knows this one already but it's worth saying again....if you are going to buy treats for your kids buy them things you don't like yourself much....then you won't be tempted to eat them! Very Happy

Hope everyone is having a good day today?

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:44 pm

congrats on those two lbs off!!! Smile I like that you are really thinking about this diet and how to make it work for you, that really is the key to any diet working, how to fit it into your lifestyle so keep moving forward, you will get there! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:24 pm

Yay for two pounds down!! Very Happy
herbsgirl
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:01 pm

youre right Spryng I am really trying to figure out how best I can make this work for the long term Smile

I have a new diet mantra for myself, 'Make Meals Mini' Smile

Saying that I have failed miserably today eating a whole family size bag of maltesers Sad

I always seem to start the week well but go off track as the week goes on as I get tireder and so on....so I really need to keep working on that....

but some progress....no pizza for us tonight! I deliberately went out and bought us sushi for this evening instead....so I'm feeling proud of myself for that! Smile

I just shouldnt have bought those maltesers though! Sad Very Happy

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:07 am

well this morning I am so cross with myself...I am almost back where I started a month ago...18 st 3 today and I was 18 st 4 when I started the plan...

why oh why do we do this to ourselves????

I have decided to start tracking see if that helps....I do have one of these timex health trackers so I need to start wearing it every day....

I hope that by counting my bites I can make myself more accountable....

I will report back on progress....

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:46 pm

A lot of us are struggling right now...hang in there, you can do this! : ))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:12 pm

Yes I was struggling too, I have found picking myself up and restarting is a key point in making this work.
herbsgirl
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2