5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 1 and Greetings

4 posters

Go down

Day 1 and Greetings Empty Day 1 and Greetings

Post  Asm95 Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:56 am

Hello, my name is Anthony. I'm 16 years old and currently weigh about 290 pounds, 6'0 tall, and prediabetic. I'm hoping that by following this diet, I can avoid becoming diabetic as well as reach a healthy weight. This is my first day to do this, so any advice, tips, and tricks would greatly be appreciated.

P.S.
This is the correct plan, no?
  • 5 bites at lunch
  • 5 bites at dinner
  • Take a multivitamin daily
  • Drink as much non-caloric beverages as you want
Asm95
Asm95

Back to top Go down

Day 1 and Greetings Empty Re: Day 1 and Greetings

Post  spryng Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:52 pm

Yep that is the plan, basic and simple, and welcome!!!! Smile Since you are young and male the weight is gonna melt off of you if you stick to the program, I promise! Tips and advice? My main tip is to stay focused the first 3-5 days, they are the toughest... expect to feel weak, foggy headed etc.. if you are in school which I'm assuming you are, expect it to be hard to pay attention etc. Do you take your own lunch or eat at school? School lunches can make for interesting 5 bites for sure. I eat with my kids every now and then and it works well on this plan as they give you a variety on your plate. But make sure you eat some protein at every meal. I know it says you can eat whatever you want and you can, if you want 5 bites of chocolate cake, go for it, but expect to be hungry before the next meal, it won't stick with you like 5 bites of a hamburger will.. but you'll find your likes and dislikes as you go for sure. We all learned from the meals we ate each day. But again welcome and don't hesitate to start your own journal here on the journal page where you can check in each day, we will definitely cheer you on! Good luck and I cannot wait to see your progress, just think that by this summer you could be down several sizes and look amazing so keep focused on the long term goal for sure! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Asm95 Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:26 pm

Thanks!! I eat lunch at school, but our school has fairly healthy lunches. My biggest motivation is my family and I are planning to go to Florida this summer in June, so I'd love to be a little smaller in preparation for the beach! Smile
One question I have is whether or not exercise is recommended.
Asm95
Asm95

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:37 pm

the good doc recommends walking as a good form of exercise.. if you do any strenuous workouts it will actually slow your weightloss since we aren't taking much fuel in. I personally found this out when I tried doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, I gained and it took me two weeks to get the workout gain off, it's strange but it happened so I'll save those type of workouts until goal or very close to goal. And I think you can be down a lot by june! I have a vacation planned in June as well and I'm hoping to be at goal by then, I'm visualizing it everyday to stay focused. It's easy to live in the moment and feel deprived or left out while dieting so when that happens we have to look at the BIG picture, not what we are missing out on today but what we'll be missing out on in a month, or 6 months from now.. think of how much weight you can be down in the next 3 months, you can do it!! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:15 pm

Welcome how did the first day go?
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Asm95 Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:59 am

I am afraid to say that my first day did not go as planned Sad
I did great until I got home in the evening, and it was like the food in the refrigerator was staring me down!
I fought harder than I ever have to resist the urge to binge (which I'm proud of, bc I didn't think I could've put up that much resistance), but I eventually gave in.
However, I'm starting again today, and to combat the fact that I'm surrounded by food in the evening, I've invited one of my thin friends over (she's one of the naturally thin who just doesn't eat much as opposed to the naturally thin who have high metabolisms Smile )

For me, I always find that the first day on a diet is the absolute hardest, bc I didn't really lose much if I just dieted for half a day, then binged (at least that's what I tell myself when I'm considering), whereas if I had spent an entire day doing it I would be more apt to not binge. Hope that made sense and sorry if I'm rambling Sad
Asm95
Asm95

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:12 am

You're doing great, just keep on going! The first few days are hard, but you can do it! I am proud of you for wanting to gain better health for yourself. Making the decision to get on this journey is commendable in itself. Good luck! We are here to support you! Post in the daily journal what you are eating. I post there everyday and include when I fall off the wagon b/c there are plenty of people here who are going through what you're going through and are here to support you.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum