Herbsgirl's Journal

Go down

Herbsgirl's Journal Empty Herbsgirl's Journal

Post  herbsgirl on Sat May 15, 2010 5:15 pm

Ok here goes, I am challenging myself to do the 5 bite for 7 days consitently. That is my goal.

'I am taking alot of supplements also, and so I need 8 oz of V8 juice to go with my fiber drink that I eat also, so that will add 100 extra calories a day. Which I think V8 is a great idea because I am getting 4 servings of Vegtables with the V8 and lots of sodium and potassium, so I dont have to worry about Electrolyte imbalance from crash dieting!

So heres my plan

Breakfast- Tea with stevia

Lunch- 8 oz V8 with fiber supplement
5 bites

Supper- 8 oz V8 with fiber supplement
5 bites

IF we are going out to eat, I may save my lunch bites till supper, or if we are going away for a special occasion, ect. Then I can have all the days calories at supper--10 bites.

I challenge myself to do this plan-the 5 bite diet for 7 days and today is day 1

I ate so far today

around 5 bites of Tuna/cheese/salad dressing bread
8 oz+ V8 with fiber

I am going to brew some Stevia tea, because I am getting hungry!

starting wieght: 212 lbs height: 5 feet 6 inches[i][b]
herbsgirl
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Herbsgirl's Journal Empty Re: Herbsgirl's Journal

Post  herbsgirl on Sat May 15, 2010 8:25 pm

Ok, I took a few tablets of Spirulina. I dont consider that cheating because there are about 1.6 calories in each tablet. Spirulina is very high in protien and helps balance blood sugars.

Green tea also helps me not feel shakey, ect when I am not eating much. So I am going to go down and brew a pot of Green Tea with Stevia.

I am feeling a bit weakish, and its 3:24 in the afternoon. I can do this for7 days! My first wieght loss goal is 199 lbs. I havent seen the 100's numbers for quite a long time, scince last fall. I have been over 200 for all of this year. Ready to see a 1 number.
herbsgirl
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Sun May 16, 2010 2:39 am

Well, day 1 is winding down here. I brewed a 3 quart pitcher of green/black tea with stevia, I drank some and felt some of the weakness/spaciness leave.

For supper I basicly had 4 bites, 1 large bite of hotdog sandwich
1 small and 3 large bites of Chipotle Ranch Pasta Salad

I may have licked the spoon a few times, but basicly, I stuck to 10 total bites for the most part.

I drank a nice amount of tea and took 3 Spirulina tablets for my before bed "stuff" I also take Magnesium Citrate before bed each night, as it helps me sleep and keeps me regular!
herbsgirl
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Sun May 16, 2010 1:21 pm

On to day2

I am down to 210.4 lbs so I lost 1.6 lbs yesterday

Yay for day 2!!

My husband is an EMT and we are going to the EMT/fire potluck today. It will be challenging to stick with 5 bites, but I can do it with God's help! I am determined to stick with this challenge for 7 days
herbsgirl
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Sun May 16, 2010 3:16 pm

Ok, I am reading that Calorie shifting works well on this diet. I am even thinking I could combine 5 bite diet with the fast-5 diet easily. I have done the fast-5 diet before and it always made me feel fantastic! Basicly you fast on water/calorie free drinks for all day except a 5 hour window.

So I could eat my 10 bites in supper in my 5 hour window.

It was fairly easy (harder sometimes) to do fast 5 diet, because the longer you go without eating during the day, you dont wake the hunger thing that wants to keep eating. i am less hungry, if I eat all my calories in one meal, than if I eat twice a day or more!

So we are going to the Picnic today. I think I am going to eat most of my days calories (10 bites + 8 oz V8 juice and supplements) then, like as the fashion of Fast-5 but using the volume of food that 5-bite diet calls for (aprox 10 bites per day+) Its called "saving up" for a special occasion! Very Happy
I will take the rest of my V8 juice with my fiber supplement some hours later today!

If anyone is interested in combining Fast-5 and 5-bite diet, here is a link to a post that has a bunch of links in it to look up about the Doctor who started fast five and videos, ect....

http://www.soulcysters.net/showthread.php?t=300448
herbsgirl
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Sun May 16, 2010 8:22 pm

Back from the Picnic, I didnt do too bad. At one point I wasnt sure what bite # I was at, so I ate 10 or 11 bites, and that is my calories for today. (besides extra V8 and supplements)

I ate several bites of hamburger sandwich with onion and cheese, a bite or two of pasta salad and 2 nice bites of cherry cheesecake dessert. I'll have to admit the bites were fairly big. I feel like I could have taken smaller bites. Oh well, I will try to do better tommarow. I think I ate way less than I would have if I was eating normally. Way, way less.

So besides my normal V8, supplements, I will be drinking Stevia green/black tea and maybe some more spirulina if I feel that I need it.

Spirulina is high in Protien, which is very good for VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet) In fact when they doctors oversee patients with VLC Diets, they have them drink a protien drink with 15 grams of protien daily. Spirulina contains 1 gram of protien for every 3 tablets, with only 1.6+ calories per tablet.
herbsgirl
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  diet74 on Mon May 17, 2010 9:09 am

great to see your progress!
Loads of interesting ideas!
diet74
diet74

Back to top Go down

Post  diet74 on Mon May 17, 2010 9:13 am

oh and I just realized that you have pcos. So do I......weight loss is such a challenge .....
i will check out the link you posted!
diet74
diet74

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Mon May 17, 2010 1:10 pm

diet74- thanks for commenting! Yes, PCOS makes it hard to lose you are right! Has This diet improved your PCOS at all? The one thing I can see this 5 bite diet for me is a high chance of making me ovulate. When I have fasted in the past, and taken Vitex, it has made me sporadicly ovulate. (I have non-existant cycles unless i cut my eating down and/or lose weight) There was actually a study done on PCOS women and a 330 calorie per day diet for 4 weeks. I think it improved insulin levels and maybe hormone levels?

Day 3 I actually said it, I am on day 3 of this 7 day challenge. I was tempted to give up last night, I was hungry. I drank my remaining lot of 8 oz of V8 juice and went to bed. Well, I am glad I stuck to it, because I stepped on the scales and what did I see 208.6 lbs Ok that is 1.8 pounds down from yesterday and 3.4 pounds down from day 1. Wow, wow, wow, now I wonder how much I will lose until the end of my 7 day challenge. I am hoping to finish this 7 day challenge for myself and then re-evaluate and see whether I want to change the amount of bites, or times of day to eat it.

I did quite a bit of research/reading on the internet last night and I found out some information about V8 juice that confirmed my reasons for taking it with this 5 bite diet. V8 juice is high in potassium and Sodium, which are at risk of being depleted (especially potassium) when on VLCD (very low calorie diet) I also learned last night more about significant calorie shifting can make one lose wieght pretty fast. So I looked up this website

http://www.johnsonupdaydowndaydiet.com/html/how-to-do-the-diet.html

and I plugged my numbers (hieght, wieght, ect) into the calculator and it said I should be eating around 421 calories on DOWN days and 2421 calories on UP days. Why couldnt we do kind of the same thing as this, with 5-bite diet sometimes? If I ate 5 bites 2x daily, some weeks, I could change it up and do 10-20 bites 2x daily. Dr. Johnson says 2.5 lbs per week on his diet average lost. That is pretty good. I mean to just think about dieting hard only every other day, and the other days I could have more volume!
herbsgirl
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. on Mon May 17, 2010 2:44 pm

ha ha ha. I think i do this anyways because of a lack of restraint. I'll do really well for a few days and then just blow it for a day or two. Maybe now I will call it calorie shifting.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Tue May 18, 2010 2:12 am

Ok, I think this diet is getting easier. I stuck to exactly 10 bites today, and 16 oz of V8 juice along with my supplements. I added another supplement that I just have to tell you guys about it, it is amazing! It made me have tons and tons of energy, and made me feel better even though I was almost ravenously hungry. Its called Amazing Grass Wheat grass powder. I took 1 Tablespoon and put it in my mouth then swallowed water.

I just ran around here, playing baseball with my kids, mowing yard, mopped kitchen floor, cleaned up bathroom some, had a picnic on grass with kids, cleaned up a huge mess in my room, and more! NO kidding, I had tons of energy today!
herbsgirl
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  kitty on Tue May 18, 2010 1:47 pm

Hey

it's great that it's getting easier for you. I wish I could say the same. It's day 4 for me and it is the hardest so far! Good luck and keep it up!!

kitty

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Tue May 18, 2010 2:30 pm

Ok guys, I got on the scale this morning, and um I was 206.4 You are kidding me! I lost 2.2 pounds yesterday and altogether in 3 days on the 5 bite I have lost 5.6 # altogether.

I have Type 2 diabetes, and last night I was really thinking I should eat something, so my diet has changed from 10 bites to 15 bites per day 10 bites are not enough for me for 1 weeks time. Maybe for a few days, but I doubt that I Could hold to 10 bites per day for one week. 15 bites per day is amazingly WAY LESS than I used to eat! Very Happy I used to have Multiple binges per day sometimes, and I could eat 1/2 package of cookies at once. 15 bites is a far cry from having a binge, let alone multiple binges per day.

So I ate 5 more bites late last night. My plan is to eat two 5 bite meals, 16 oz V8 and then another 5 bite meal before I go to sleep. I also have in my plan to take 1-3 doses of Amazing Wheat grass powder. It made me feel so great, that I want to continue it throughout my fast.

I am hoping to finish this 7 day challenge, then go to the Dr. Johnson Up day down day diet for 2 weeks. I may come back to the 5 bite again, I just like variety and I like to change things up.
herbsgirl
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  kitty on Tue May 18, 2010 2:43 pm

5.6lbs Shocked that's amazing!! Congratulations!
I also binged massively ... and 1/2 pack of cookies was nothing. I don't even want to tell what I could put into my body at once. That's one reason why I am doing this - my body has to get used to not getting these huge amounts anymore.
Let us know how the UpDayDownDayDiet works for you. I also read that people on this diet lost more than expected (i.e. calculated by how many calories they consumed). And maybe DownDays are easier for you, since you will be used to eating small amounts after this 5BD!
Good luck!

kitty

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Wed May 19, 2010 2:21 am

Thanks Kitty! I just didnt know if I could hold out today, I was tempted to give up. But what is giving up going to gain me? Not alot. I really need to do this for myself! It is important! Comeon, Amanda (my name) you can do this, with God's help. Keep on keeping on! Just got done watching Biggest loser and they ran a marathon!

Today I had a blood sugar drop real fast after taking 5 bites of taco salad and one 600 mg Cinnamon with it made it crash down fast. I thought for a minute I was going to have to eat/drink more, but I came out ok, I guess. I took my blood sugar it was 105. I will probably be taking a bunch of Spirulina before bed, to help prevent hypoglycemia, along with some V8 and Magnesium.

3 more days!
herbsgirl
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  aram624 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:58 am

I am currently taking around 1200+ mg DCI, but recently added 2 tsp of Myo-Inositol just today. I started cramping within 4 hours or so of my first dose of Myo-Inositol. Hopefully this is a good sign. I felt like that 1200 mg DCI was just not enough for me, so adding 2 tsp Myo-INositol (4800 mg) will hopefully make some more stuff happen for me!
================

Search Engine Optimization UK | Link Building Services

aram624

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum