5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kitty's journal

5 posters

Go down

kitty's journal Empty kitty's journal

Post  kitty Sat May 15, 2010 6:26 pm

Day 1 is more or less over and so far everything is fine. But to be hiiiighly motivated on the first day is probably nothing special. I didn't even get headaches and so far I don't feel lightheaded. I think the toughest part still lays ahead - day 2 and 3 and evenings in general.

I weighed in this morning at 150lbs. My goal weight is 110. I am still not sure how often to weigh myself...usually I am a notorious daily-on-the-scale-stepper, but this is just demotivating if u didn't drop any weight. Since I think/hope this won't happen the first few days, I will weigh again tomorrow and then wait 1 day in between, then 2 days in between, then 3 etc. until i only weigh myself every 1/2 or 1 week. Gosh... i need rules and plans for everything... guess that just makes life easier...

Today I had:
Breakfast: coffee (with no-fat milk and 1tsp sugar) (no-one breaks my coffee addiction. However, want to switch to black gradually), multi vitamin.
Lunch: (not really lunch, but at 6pm .. woke up at noon) 1/2 chicken wrap (= 5 bites), black coffee.
Dinner: will be the same.

kitty

Back to top Go down

kitty's journal Empty Re: kitty's journal

Post  kitty Sun May 16, 2010 11:55 am

Love it already! Even though this probably says nothing, but it makes me more than happy and boosts my motivation: I lost exactly 3lbs! Now, i don't expect it to stay this way, but that is definitely enough to keep me going today. I think it's relatively easy during the day, since I am used to eating little till evening, but after 6pm it gets harder every hour. I just need to distract myself then.

Today I had basically the same as yesterday. I shouldn't have had the coffee...makes me even more nervous. I have a test tomorrow and ..even though i am quite confident, exams always freak me out! So today is a mixture between "i want to eat, because i'm nervous" and "i am not even hungry, because i am nervous". Will go to bed early and probably not be able to sleep until 3am (thnx to pre-exam-weird-day-and-night-rhythm).

Hope, everyone else is doing fine!

kitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Mon May 17, 2010 1:04 am

Kitty That's FANTASTIC!!!!!

I know exactly how you feel... lol pre-exam jitters are the worst >_< DW im not the best at coping with exams either hehe
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kitty Mon May 17, 2010 7:29 am

Thanks, Phil! My test is in an hour affraid ... I feel as if I had 5cups of espresso this morning (only had 1 coffee) even though I fell asleep at around 3... as expected.

Couldn't resist to step on the scales this morning: another 1.2lbs lost. 4.2 in 2 days bounce
Will come back after my test. Have a great day, everyone!

kitty

Back to top Go down

Post  kitty Mon May 17, 2010 12:41 pm

Still alive. And i think i definitely did pass. One down, one to go.
Was pretty embarassing though, cause as soon as my adrenaline-levels decreased after an hour, when I knew I'd still have enough time to finish it, my stomach started rumbling. Hate when that happens. Hope skipping breakfast was worth it Smile

Today I'll be out all day. I'll try to stick with the 5bites (it's day 3 and if I get this done, i hope the rest will be easier, so I don't want to mess up today) and also stay within the 2-snickers-bar-cal-range, probably investing a lot of the calories in lattes and fraps (there's no good coffee-shop where I am going, so I want to enjoy some good coffee as long as I can!!)

kitty

Back to top Go down

Post  kitty Tue May 18, 2010 2:52 pm

Yesterday was easier than I thought, because I wasn't at home all day and didn't even have time to eat. But the night was tough. I had to stay up all night and at some point I thought my body just couldn't take anymore without fainting. I had a hot tea and one oat cookie and even though I haven't slept in about 40hours I managed to do the 5 bite thing (aaand stick within the snickers bar cals). Today is the toughest day so far. I think I'm still within 10 bites, but I also had soup (sleep deficiency... i was freeeezing). Made sure I am staying under 560cal though. I don't want to count calories actually... it's just the circumstances during the last 1 or 2 days... and I rather fight my way through this. I think the first few days are very important and I just didn't want to mess it up. Right now I'm telling myself that I'll just go to sleep before I eat again today. Didn't have an oppurtunity to weigh myself today. But I will tomorrow... and this better be good. I would be more than disappointed if I haven't lost any weight. Yesterday night and today was just too hard - I deserve a reward!

kitty

Back to top Go down

Post  kitty Wed May 19, 2010 5:16 pm

Well, i didn't go to bed instead of eating... I ate. A LOT Embarassed I felt like beating myself up afterwards. Felt like such a failure. And still regret every bite ... and I was on day 4... Mad ! When I weighed myself this morning I felt like hugging Dr Lewis - I still lost 1/2 lbs since the day before yesterday. Now I am glad, I couldn't weigh yesterday, because from then to today, it just would have shown the massive gain (I get demotivated very easily). Now instead of being angry, because I gained, I keep on thinking that I could have lost so much more, if i hadn't messed up... It's a better way of thinking, I guess. And it sucks, but it is motivating in a way.
So here I am... back to Day 1! And so far, I am doing fine. Just need to make sure that it stays this way!

Wanted to say hello to all the new members, but I only have the time to update here quickly... So I will do this hopefully sometime the next days. Anyways, if u read this: Welcome, guys and good luck!!

kitty

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed May 19, 2010 5:55 pm

yeah finals are rough! im a student as well and i totally understand the pressure and wanting to munch. Keep in mind, ur brain needs glucose, and it runs thru lots when u study, esp when ur taking exams and going thru that pressure. I sip on sweet tea when im feeling that light headed fainting spell coming on. I have low BP when i diet, so i make sure that whatever i eat i include extra salt to make sure that i dont get that. If you can, check out ur blood pressure and see if its low, if thats the case, then its a simple fix for the fainting feeling. other than that, make sure that u give ur brain glucose, it doesnt need anything else at all to function.

As long as u have glucose and motivation (and a multivitamin) ur body shouldnt need much more since it can synthesize the rest by itself. hope that helps

Like a Star @ heaven
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  kitty Wed May 19, 2010 10:16 pm

Thank you, tea!

I know that BP problem. Mine is very low in general. Even if I don't diet, 110/60 is quite normal for me. When it's really bad, I sometimes just eat a pure small pinch of salt. It often helps a bit. Do you also have your finals at the moment? I hate it... but it's gonna be over in 3 weeks and it motivates me to think that by that time, if I JUST DO IT, I will have lost hopefully at least 15lbs! (5 lbs/week is what I aim for ... I won't complain if it's more ... hehe).

Today I've been a good 5-biter again. Apart from huge amounts of coffee (+skim milk) I had 2 slices of toast and 4 small slices of cheese (=2x5 bites in total). Hope that "bad event" yesterday won't show on the scale time-delayed...that really would suck. I am scared. Will update tomorrow. Good nite everyone!

kitty

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu May 20, 2010 1:44 am

i have the same BP.. haha and i do the same thing with the pinch of salt trick.
it seems like i always have tests of some kind!! but hey, i always do better on diets when i have something to do. keeps my brain busy thinking of non-food things.

study hard!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  kitty Fri May 21, 2010 10:40 am

Crying or Very sad
Another very very bad day over. I don't even want to talk about yesterday. I didn't even want to post here, but I think I should be honest to you and to myself. Don't ask me how I did it, but the 2 (ore more the one last) binges brought be back to my starting weight. Yep, that's right - almost 5lbs gained within days. Now of course, i feel like sh*t, big time!! It must sound ridiculous to here that over and over again, but I KNOW I CAN DO THIS AND I WANNA GET IT DONE WITH ONCE AND FOR ALL. I am sick of sabotaging myself. I am sick of this "now I might as well eat everything"-way-of-thinking. Not being at the weight that I want to be is restricting my whole life - I WOULD BE HAPPIER IF I WAS ONLY RESTRICTING CALORIES/BITES! I am angry at myself. Excuse this rant.

To my teammates: I am so sorry!!! I really am. Thanks to that gain, I think I won't do well in the team challenge on monday (unless I lose like 6lbs in the next 3 days... would be awesome, but unlikely - I'll do my best though. No, I'll do PERFECT. Period.), but u won't regret being on my team the weak after.

kitty

Back to top Go down

Post  kitty Fri May 21, 2010 10:37 pm

LoL ... if I keep on doing what I did today, i really might lose 6lbs in 3 days. I woke up late today and felt full almost all day from...u know...the thing i dont want to talk about and just forget about as soon as possible. Anyways, I only had 2 cups of coffee with milk during the day and a cup of milk (all skim) in the evening. That's it. On top of that I ran my *** off on the crosstrainer. More than 1 hour. Wohoo. I know I can't do this everyday and I really don't want to be that extreme. But today I just didn't feel like eating (I didnt know this was possible...hmmm I wish it would stay this way) and I thought after 3 days of the 5BD probably noone feels like running for miles (at least I don't), so might as well do it, as long as I am in the mood.
Another day 1 over. This time I'll get over the hump!

kitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Fri May 21, 2010 10:56 pm

U GO GIRLLLLLLLLLL!!!! *KITTY* *KITTY* cheers

Don't worry about the last couple days... (i had a downfall as well :p) and the WHOLE point of the team challenge is NOT to make us feel bad when we fail!!! its there for motivation and support!

DON'T EVER FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE LET ANYONE ELSE DOWN!

Good Luck and LET'S KICK BUTT! bounce
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kitty Sat May 22, 2010 11:33 pm

Thanks so much, Phil!

I indeed kicked butts again, today. Another 30min on the crosstrainer and dietwise: Coffee with skimmed milk, fat-free low-cal vanilla yoghurt and an ice cream cone (with ice cream, of course). I am celebrating ...sort of Smile - I really hope it stays this way. I keep telling myself that I can do this...positive affirmations - hope they help.

kitty

Back to top Go down

Post  kitty Sun May 23, 2010 12:16 pm

I feel like bounce and cheers ... woke up today in a really bad mood. Someone really disappointed me yesterday and instead of just being angry I felt like crying this morning (thats not typical for me... maybe it's some sort of emotional detox I am going through). Buuuut, it got SO MUCH BETTER, when I stepped on the scale. I can't believe it - it's too good to be true. I lost the 5lbs that I had gained...and then some!!! I was 144.2lbs this morning!!! I feel like running around and hugging everyone... so, feel hugged all of you guys! Without your support I think I would have given up already.
And thanks to the Team Challange and the weigh-in tomorrow, I should be motivated enough to make it through today.
THANKS GUYS !!!!

p.s.: another half an hour crosstrainer done today. Now I need a looong break from exercising.

kitty

Back to top Go down

Post  kitty Mon May 24, 2010 9:34 am

Dr Lewis, you're my hero of the day!!!

I am down to 142.6lbs. That's a brilliant 7.4lbs loss in the last 3-4(!!!!) days since my restart. And I made it over the 3 day hump. My next mini goal is only 2.6lbs away and I really hope I can make it there maybe even before next weekend.
Will update later. I need coffee now!!!

kitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Mon May 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Thats awesome Kitty! Way to go!
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Mon May 24, 2010 2:58 pm

That is great! Keep up the good work!

Dani

Back to top Go down

Post  kitty Tue May 25, 2010 9:18 am

Day 5 and hopefully the last really difficult day. Yesterday was tough again, but I just tried to stay busy and it worked. I had coffee and 2x 1/2 bagel. Didn't lose a lot (0.2lbs), but after 4 days and more than 7lbs lost, I won't complain.
I am freakin out about my exam in 2 weeks - I really need to study...*blech*.

kitty

Back to top Go down

Post  kitty Sat May 29, 2010 12:08 pm

oops... haven't posted in ages. I am still busy studying (one more week and I'll be freeeeeee!!). Last days have been OK... more or less. I won't be here next week and as i said somewhere else - i won't be able to weigh in on Monday. I'll be back the Monday after.

Hope all of you are doing great.
and tea, if you read this: I hope u'll be done by the time I am back. But... you are not going to leave this forum, are you Sad ? You are such an inspiration and I love to read your journal!!!! Good luck!

kitty

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sat May 29, 2010 3:40 pm

no im not going to leave the forum! dont worry kitty! i think its useful even after i reach my goal to give updates on how things are going post-5bites. Maintenance is something to work on as well!! On top of that, i still have 6 lbs to go, so i think ill be working along side u guys for another 2 weeks or so. kitty's journal Star3
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down