A Journey to a healthier ME!!

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

A Journey to a healthier ME!! Empty A Journey to a healthier ME!!

Post  mommieof2 on Thu May 10, 2012 3:20 pm

Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking and reading journal, this will be my first. I started 5-bites yesterday. I want to start weighing in once a week on Monday's. I started my weight loss on May3rd, 2012 which was a Thursday at 206. I will try and update daily, but only weigh and measure weekly. I was actually researching fast 5 and eat stop eat when I came across the 5-bite diet and I've fasted several times anywhere from 3-10 days but it's so hard to just limit yourself to water and nothing else while sleep deprived by two kids and one who is always sick. I got to researching 5 bites and I just think it flows better for me, as I'm a chocoholic, and it allows me to have anything I want in moderation. I don't do well on 1200 a day 5-6 meals diet, the last time I lost weight was at a weight loss clinic eating 800 cals a day. I lost 35lbs in two months and then became pregnant with my second child and have went between 195-210, it seems as though I can't break the 190 mark, but I think the 5-bite diet is going to be my salvation. It's great knowing that you don't have to limit what kind of food you eat,just how much of it. Anyway I look forward to starting this journey and obtaining my ultimate goal of 130.

My plan is to drink my tea in the AM for breakfast, snickers for lunch and some greek yogurt (protein 8gms) and fruit for dinner of course I will change it up from time to time but as of today that's what I'm doing. I'm drinking about 3 liters of water a day( I love water) and exercising with Jillian Michaels extreme shed and shred, the first level is all body weight and cardio, which is low intensity. My scale gives me the bmi , water, and muscle mass I have I'm not sure how accurate it is but I'm sure it will go down each week and I will just go by it. I'm pretty stocky and have a good bit of muscle now.

Stats

Starting weight Thursday May 3rd: 206
1 week weight in on a different diet is 202- 4lb loss

I will weigh again Monday and from then I will weight and measure weekly.

Height 5'2
Start 202
short term goal 160 (by Aug.)
long term goal 130

BMI 51.6
Muscle Mass 30.3
Chest 37 1/2(under) 41 (over)
Waist 38 1/2
Hips 46 1/2

Edit.. I felt so light running today. It's hard to explain but I just felt lighter and it was easy to get through my 30 mins of jogging
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

A Journey to a healthier ME!! Empty Re: A Journey to a healthier ME!!

Post  Snow White on Thu May 10, 2012 8:30 pm

Welcome Mommie! You will lose rapidly on this diet! But I'm going to caution you about doing too much exercise...I got into this conversation with someone else on here and they dropped off and aren't doing the diet anymore as far as I know. Weight loss is about diet, not exercise....so if you are really good with your diet you will lose and lose rapidly!!!! Exercise is awesome for heart conditioning and toning, but it is just too hard to do if you have a lot weight to lose like me! Have you ever noticed on the Biggest Loser you never see them eat anything...you have no idea what they actually eat. You didn't get overweight by not exercising hard enough, you got overweight by eating too much. The book explains it better than I ever could. But there are people on here who will disagree, but they don't have near as much weight to lose and you and I do! Anyway, I'm not trying to discourage you, if you want to exercise hard while doing this diet, you go for it! Everyone has their own mountain to climb with this and you have to do it your way!

Also, I like to weigh myself every day...seeing the progress helps keep me motivated for the next day! Good luck! You should be under 200 in no time and under 190 in 2 weeks tops! : )))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Thu May 10, 2012 8:40 pm

Snow white thank you for your response, concern, and knowledge. I have been exercising for about 8 months now, I do a jog run for thirty minutes and just bought another Jillian Michael's dvd. I couldn't tell you why I can't lose weight except for eating to much I assume, because it sure isn't for lack of exercise. If you look at me I don't look 203 I gain weight all over and I have a good bit of muscle mass it's just I can't get the fat to go away. I have decided it has to be from taking in to many calories on the 5-6 meals a day. I have to force myself to eat breakfast so this diet really looks appealing to me. I don't over do it and if I feel sick I will stop for sure. I hope that doesn't offend you as I do appreciate your information and I will defiantly keep it in the back of my mind and not be so down on myself when I don't get to exercise. Thanks again. I'm hoping to be down to 180 by June 21st I graduate from college that day and would love to be 20lbs or so lighter.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Thu May 10, 2012 8:46 pm

You should have no problem reaching your goal! Very Happy
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

A Journey to a healthier ME!! Empty welcome

Post  amu82 on Fri May 11, 2012 9:26 am

hi mommieof2 , welcome to the forum, it's great to see someone new. i'm sure you will reach your goal by June, and look great while receiving that diploma Smile

amu82

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Fri May 11, 2012 11:32 am

Morning All,

Thanks for the kind welcome. I was thinking about what you,Snow White, said about weighing daily because it helps to see the numbers go down, so I decided for those who are doing the 5 bite and those who may want to try it I would weigh in Daily so they can see the numbers. Monday's will be my average weight loss and measurement. I have to say I love feeling my stomach empty, it seems to be so flat, it's awesome! I do have to say I'm curious to see if I can really reach my goal of 180 by June 21st or if I surpass it. I'm hoping to surpass but I won't be disappointed if I just reach my goal. Yesterdays food intake below. I'm looking to be 199 by Monday...Keep up the good work everyone.. I hope to see more people here posting, even if your doing maintenance, we newbies can use your experience and motivation..

B- cup of tea with 1/2 and 1/2 creamer and stevie
Lunch- 5 bites snicker bar
Dinner- Greek yogurt (8g protein) and 2 bites brownie.
Water through out the day.

Exercise- run/walk 30 mins, upper and lower ab work and push ups.

Weight 200.6
Weight loss 1.4lbs

mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Fri May 11, 2012 2:26 pm

That's what I do too...I weigh every day and then document my weekly weight on Mondays. I think you will surpass your goal...the trick is being consistent b/c if you are you WILL lose weight! : ))))) Good luck!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Fri May 11, 2012 2:37 pm

Thanks for the encouragement. I plan to stick with it until I reach my goal. I'm seriously hungry right now, I'm not sure why, as it's 10:35am and I normally eat around 12 but my tummy is saying feed me. I think I'm more thirsty than anything, I haven't drank as much water this morning as I normally do. Anyway happy trails...
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 on Fri May 11, 2012 11:50 pm

Oh boy, I had those feed me moments too in the beginning and still do sometimes. You are doing great so far. I am not much of a exerciser. I bought an eliptical in November and haven't even tried it out yet. I am serious lol.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Sat May 12, 2012 11:18 am

Good Saturday Morning everyone,

Yesterday I was pretty hungry and ended up taking my 5 bites by 11:30 and then my next at 5pm, the crazy thing is that once I ate my 5 bites I was totally satisfied and not hungry even at 5pm I had to make myself eat my yogurt so that I could get in my protein. I love the oikos peach/mango fat free greek yogurt, it's the yummiest stuff I've ever eaten and not that I'm only doing 5 bites it's super sweet to me.It's funny how you can see your face slimming, my tummy is slimming already. I have to say the less food you intake the less I have bowel movements(TMI sorry) but I guess maybe I need to take in more fiber. I didn't really exercise yesterday, as my girls had a play date and we just walked to the park so that's all I really needed. I seem to be sleeping really well to the past three days.

Alexis-- as far as exercise I bought a treadmill when pregnant with my 3 yr old and this is the first year I've really used it like a mad woman. I got kind of discouraged dieting and exercising but not losing the weight actually more like pissed off b/c I was doing everything right. Since I've been on the 5 bite and losing I realized what works for everyone else doesn't work for me. My mom has always skipped breakfast and ate small for lunch and a normal dinner and she's always stayed between 130-140 I should have took my ques from her. Anyway don't feel bad about not using the elliptical, once the weight is down you will want to exercise, there's an energy that hits you.

Fitness was never my strong part, I really didn't get interested in it until I went to college and it was part of my last two semesters, I found that I loved the way I felt after running and see that I could improve on with it every week. My back went out on my about 2 months ago and even though I couldn't exercise at that time when I got back into it I was happy to see that I was still in good cardio fitness. I was planning on becoming a Police officer but I was told that most likely with my back they would have just cause to not hire me, so I decided to take Victimology so I can advocate for victims, when it something I love.

Food Intake
B--Tea as always
L- 5 bite snickers
D- 5 bite bread and greek yogurt
Water the rest of the day
exercise was a walk to the park

Weight 198.6
lost 2lbs for a total of 3.4lbs in 2 days and since last thursday 6.4lbs so I'm happy with that
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Sat May 12, 2012 7:17 pm

Great job on the 5 bites! I know what you mean about the restroom issues...I'm trying to drink my water to help deal with it and I only expect to go once every other day when I'm being true to the 5 bites.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Sun May 13, 2012 11:44 am

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there,

I have a busy day today, one of my closes friends just excepted her faith and they are doing a potluck at her home so there will be tons of food there. I've been going over in my head exactly what I want to do and how I'm going to handle the 5 bite at an outing. I have decided, like posted on Alexis journal, to eat 5-10 bites and just skip dinner. If I do go over my bites I plan on exercising anyway when I get home so that should help take off those extra bites. I feel pretty confident that I will stay with then the 10 bites total today. I hope you all had a great weekend and those that are mothers are being well pampered today.

Food intake
B- same ole tea
L- 5 bite snickers
D- 7bites of chinese chicken friend rice(what I made for the potluck)
I know I went over the 5 bites for dinner but I just couldn't resist and when I noticed that I kept waning more, I said to myself put the spoon down and walk away from the bowl lol and I did.

Fitness Julianne Michael's 30 day shred level one I really needed to feel my muscles and abs burn so I did.
I noticed this morning when I woke up I'm a bit swollen, I think it's a combination of muscles work and soya sauce (low sodium) but still have a bit of swelling from it.

Weigh in this morning 198.
weight loss .6 so not much of a weight loss yet still a loss. I thinking tomorrow will be better as it's my true day to weigh in and measure. I'm really curious as to what my measurements will be. Anyway have a wonderful day all..

mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Sun May 13, 2012 8:03 pm

You are under 200 and that is awesome!!!!! Decide now that you won't go back over 200 no matter what! : )))))))) I'm with you every step of the way!!!! I will not be over 200 ever again!!!! : ))))))) Congratulations!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Mon May 14, 2012 11:39 am

Morning All,

Sooooo yesterday was the pot luck and while I didn't not over eat I did have more than 5 bite, however I did not eat my dinner. I ate a very small slice of pizza and a piece of cheese cake. I have really swollen though. I have noticed that my body is super sensitive to salt right now. When I've stuck to the snickers and yogurt I'm not at all swollen but since I ventured out on the chinese fried rice and then pizza yesterday I'm retaining water. Crazy eh? However I have not used the bathoom in like 3 days so that's probably sitting in there as well. I'm thinking of using a natural laxative. I was a bite disappointed in taking more than 5 bites more like 20 bites but still I wanted to stay true to the 5 bites. Like I said in their culture their all about you eating and if you don't it's disrespectful so I ate. I took one of the very small desert plates and made it look full and that's what I ate. I am still pretty proud of myself, as before I would have eat maybe 4 slices of piece 2 pieces of cake and maybe 2 more pieces of cheese cake but I didn't.

Snow white I'm happy to be under 200 but it keep fluctuating between 198-200 so once I break down below 198 and it never hit 200 i will rejoice with you, but YES I am never hitting 200 again. I can't wait to be in the 180's so I never see the 90's again.

So Food intake
B- same ole tea (kind of ocd that way)
L- 1 bite of purdy's chocolate, 10 bites of pizza 10 bites of cheese cake/chocolate cake
D- nothing
water all day.

Exercise I did my running, sit ups, push ups, plank jacks and mountain climbers, I also stretched before leaving yesterday so in total 45mins.

Ok here we go so Thursday May 3rd is when I first began dieting and keep up with it so since then to today I have lost 6.8lbs but I will go from when I started this diet on Thursday May10th I weighted in at 202 so here's the results

Monday's Weight in and Measurements
Weight -199.2
BMI --50.3 ( i'm using my scale but on the bmi measurement closes to slimming station it says 38)
Muscle-- 30.5
Chest:under 37.5 over40.5
Waist 37.5
Hips 45.5
Thigh R 24 L 24
5.5 inches loss
2.8lbs loss in 3days (Thursday 10th- Monday 14th)Thursday was my start day.

I am a little bummed that it's only 2.8lbs but I will have to say I'm retaining fluid and I've been training, I'm thinking I will stick to cardio more than weight training until I've lost my desired weight.
Anyway I did lose 6.8lbs in 11 days. I don't think I mentioned but Since I started dieting on the 3rd I've been drinking organic apple cider vinegar and honey before lunch and dinner, it's suppose to help aid in weigh loss and other things, like blood pressure, it balances your insulin levels and stuff and give you energy and it seems to work before I would have only lost 2lbs in that 11 days. Anyway have an awesome day everyone.

mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Tue May 15, 2012 11:47 am

Morning all,

I have to say yesterday I was focused on keeping up the 5 bites, but I didn't. I had to take my car to get fixed and my friend spent the day driving me around, so we had lunch I had my snickers in my bag but she was like lets eat, lets eat so I shared french toast with my daughter for lunch. Well she ate half a slice and I ate the other 5 1/2 (triangle) slices but I was so flipping full I couldn't eat dinner, nor did I want to. I just loaded up on my water and I'm focused on doing right today. I did have another friend comment on how flat my stomach was looking already so that's a power booster for me.. Anyway I drank mostly water and had a coke zero yesterday which I normally don't do. So my day was pretty much wasted on the car, no exercise for me yesterday, pretty aggravated that I didn't stick to five bites but I'm going to do that today.

Weight this morning 200.2
gain of .6 if I remember correctly my weight from yesterday.

B-tea
L- french toast (5 1/2 triangle slices or 2 1/2 whole slices)
D- just remembered 3 dates ( I seriously need my fiber)

Fitness none.

All and all my monday sucked... I am planning on a better day today....
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 on Tue May 15, 2012 2:18 pm

Girl, a true binge would have cost you a lot more than .6 gain so it looks to me like Monday was a good day afterall. Not bad at all compared to what could have happened (food wise) sitting in a car all day lol.

Besides, it's like you said, the week isn't over yet so we have TONS more chances to stick with it and make these next few days count. Very Happy
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Wed May 16, 2012 1:40 am

I agree...that's not so bad! When I cheat, I go all in! : )))) Just keep on going and don't give up...you can't be perfect everyday and Mondays suck anyway! : )))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Wed May 16, 2012 11:32 am

Thank you ladies, So yesterday I kept my 5-bites under wraps and made sure I stuck to it. Yesterday was a pretty good day all in all. I used a dinner roll and one chicken finger to make a 5 bite sandwich it was great and the funny thing is it filled me up. It's amazing how full your stomach feels once it has gotten use to less food.

Food intake
B-tea- and apple cider vinegar and honey
L- snickers
D- 5-bite chicken sandwich and greek yogurt

Fitness 5k walk and 2 mile run

Weight 198.2
a 2lb loss.

My hubby was rubbing me last night and he's like I can feel your ribs, really I can feel your ribs, I've never felt your ribs. I just laughed but he's right the fat is melting off my stomach easily. I was big when we married and I've only lost down to 160 once in the 8 yrs we have been married. I'm just sick of being fat, I know you you guys understand or we wouldn't be here together.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 on Wed May 16, 2012 4:00 pm

aww so cute about the ribs thing. I think with this diet, regardless of what the scale says, when we lose we are losing FAT and it's making a huge different. Yaaay to more ribs making an appearance. I can now see my collarbone so that's exciting.

Good job on the 2lbs!!!!!! that is AMAZING!!!!!!!
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Thu May 17, 2012 1:53 am

Congratulations on your husband feeling your ribs! That is awesome...what a great feeling that must have been! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Thu May 17, 2012 11:23 am

Thanks Ladies,

I found it cute myself and last night he just kept saying, "man your shrinking" I believe he said it about ten times. It gives me a lot of encouragement here at home to know others are seeing it so quickly. I will have to say this, I find I'm not losing as quick as some, as I've not gained nor lost this morning, which I believe is due to the exercise and building some muscle. I believe my best bet is weekly weigh ins and measurements. I've always been pretty stocky and muscular. Everyone use to ask if I were a gymnast, because I'm kind of built for that. I wanted to be one but my mother never had the money. So lets get to the meat and potatoes here.

Food intake
b-tea/ACV and honey
L-banana and yogurt
D-turkey sandwich and yogurt.
(I'm making my sandwich on the small 70cal dinner rolls it makes for maybe 2 bites so I'm defiantly taking in fewer calories)

Fitness-- walking in the AM and 30 min run around noon time along with pushups, sit ups, plank jacks, and mountain climbers along with some stretching.

Weight 198.2
no loss no gain..
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 on Thu May 17, 2012 11:48 am

Looking good mommieof2!! That banana and yogurt sound delicious. I will have to pick up some bananas today. As you can see in my journal I go on banana kicks every once in a while and eat them like crazy. Maybe my body is asking for potassium or my greed is asking for BANANAS lol.

I find that this plan isn't as fast as the doc lead on, Maybe it was for some or the men, but even my first week wasn't crazy 10lb losses. I think I etched out a 10lbs loss well into my second week and that was with STRICT adherence so it was hard lol. With my slip-ups I find it's more of an up and down and even with strict adherence it's slowed down a bit. Inches and looking and feeling thin seem to come on faster though. My daughter's old babysitter saw me and though I looked smaller and people began commenting on my skin and stuff like that.

You are doing great. Slow and steady wins the race is what I keep reminding myself.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Thu May 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Alexis, the banana was a must, for the potassium, and the yogurt was yummy. I love the greek yogurt I eat the peach and mango fat free and the key lime, yummy. Congrats for the acknowledgement of the weight loss, it feels great doesn't it.

I also find that the weight loss is slow,but it does melt the fat like you said and the inches show.. It's awesome and easy to follow and it amazes me that you can feel so full after only a small portion.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 on Fri May 18, 2012 11:15 am

Hey mommieof2,

Just dropping by to see how u r doing. We made it to FRIDAY at least. Good for us.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Fri May 18, 2012 11:25 am

It's FRIDAY!!!!!! I decided to see if I changed up a few things if my weight loss would come about faster, so I decided not to exercise yesterday 1) because I was super exhausted and had to nap and 2) if that's what is stalling my weight loss. So I know I'm in Ketosis from taking in fewer calories and the fact that my mouth, even with 3 liters of water, is super dry.I have a metallic taste in my mouth. So yesterday was a pretty laxed day. I did walk to the park with the kids but that's wasn't to strenuous. I am also going to stop the apple cider vinegar and honey for a few days to see if that might be making the rate of loss slower. So I'm hoping to reach my goal of 195 by Monday.

Food intake
B- same ole tea
L-nutella on dinner roll/banana (225 cal)
D-turkey sandwich on dinner roll and yogurt (220 cals)

Fitness-- slow stroll to the park
Weight this morning 197.6
loss of .06

I'm not sure where my wopping 5lb loss or every day 1 lb loss but as we ladies are so lucky we get stuck with slower metabolisms and nice ole Aunt flow every months. Sometimes I wish I were a man just for these two reason and the fact that they don't, well my hubby doesn't, do much at all.. I would love to just relax. Looking forward to Monday's weigh in and measurements. Happy eating all... Have a wonderful Friday.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum