A Journey to a healthier ME!!

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

A Journey to a healthier ME!! - Page 2 Empty Re: A Journey to a healthier ME!!

Post  Snow White on Fri May 18, 2012 8:27 pm

Just wanted to mention that I have lost & gained the same 5 pounds since January and then all of the sudden its like my body just gave in and decided to let me lose. I have PCOS and an extremely slow metabolism and all I can say is hang in there...eventually your body will have no choice but to give up those pounds and then you will start losing quickly. Also, I take Seasonale and only have a period once every 3 months and that may be helping too!!!! I have also decided that I am not going to cheat b/c that doesn't help anything! And it is so much harder to get going again after a cheat. Spryng always gained when she would start an exercise plan. I'm going to focus on my diet and lose all this fat and then work on heart conditioning and toning. Keep on going, you're doing great! : )))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Fri May 18, 2012 10:49 pm

Snow white I'm glad you are finally able to see the weight fall off. Like I mentioned above I belive I'm going to try and not exercise to see if that helps with the loss. I also had pcos about 10 yrs ago and my endo doc did a procedure called ovarian drilling and it seem to help and I'm pretty sure I'm good till this day because of it.

As for me today I'm super dizzy I'm thinking its lack of calories along with 3 hours of sleep last night my girls kept me up all night. That doesn't help weight loss either when you have no sleep 5 days out of the 7.

I did have a pizza pocket 240 cals for lunch and I haven't eaten dinner yet. I'm hoping to see a good loss in the morning or at least by monday.

Please forgive me if there are any typos as I'm using my blackberry to type. You guys have an awesome night this chicka is going to bed soon.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 on Fri May 18, 2012 11:43 pm

Hey mommieof2,

I am going to bed early too. I am so exhausted. I think my eyes are bothering me also because of allergies or something. I hope you see a loss soon for all your hard work this week. I haven't loss a lb a day either and this week I am barely squeezing out 4 pounds lol. Ce la vie right? Hopefully our bodies will get the message like snow whites is doing and LET THIS DARN WEIGHT GO!! lol.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Sat May 19, 2012 1:56 am

Mommieof2, hang in there girl and get some rest. Remember Dr. Lewis says we must learn to ignore signs of hunger while we are overweight like headaches and dizziness. If you have headache or dizziness you are most likely burning up a bunch of fat and that is really awesome! Keep going girl, we can do this! Stay strong! Take 5 awesome bites for l & d and you will be a skinny minny in no time! : ))))

Alexis, 4 pounds for the week is AWESOME...it would have taken me a month hard core on Weight Watchers to lose that! I love this diet!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Sat May 19, 2012 11:11 am

Morning ladies,

Snow white I'm hoping that is the case I would love to burn a lot of fat right off my hips and thighs. I appreciate your encouragement.

Alexis same to you you both have encouraged me a lot since I've been here. I agree 4 bites is great now we hope to see another 4lbs lost next week since you are not cheating with all that yummy food from mothers day.

As for me, I was pretty dizzy yesterday like I mentioned above I mean super duper dizzy but this morning I have a pounding headache. I do hope that means I'm burning all this toxic fat cells. So it's a long weekend this weekend so I will most likely be busy this weekend with the family, but I plan on weighing in and updating and if I get a chance I will be checking in from my phone on you ladies to see how you are doing. I know my journal entries have to be so boring, as I don't have much of a life right now just hanging out with my youngest since I'm not in school anymore. You ladies keep up the great work and think 5-bites, pounds melting, skinny jeans and lets get this weight off. Thinking of skinny jeans I just realized that I have several different sizes in my clothes ranging from 10-18 I just couldn't bare to get rid of my skinny(well size 10 is skinny to me) jeans.

I have a question and sorry if it's TMI but what do you guys do for constipation? I use to be super regular and since I'm not intake to much food and most of it is not high in fiber I guess that's hindering that part of my digestive system. I'm drinking almost 4 liters of water a day and still it's not moving. When ever I do a water fast I can't stop from going but now I can get it to go. Anyway sorry to be so out there but I don't want to become dependent on senna laxatives.

Food intake
B- tea
L-5 bites 3 cheese pizza pocket and 5 bite Doritos
D- nothing as I ate my 5 bites during lunch

Fitness none other than playing tag with the kids, skipping rope and doing flips outside with them

Weight in
loss of 1.2lbs which is a pretty good loss for I'm swollen this morning (pizza pocket) and desperately needs to go to the bathroom my back is killing me.

195 is looking obtainable for Monday... So since May 3 when I started dieting I've lost exactly 10lbs and since starting 5-b almost two weeks ago I've lost 6lbs in 9 days not to shabby.. I'm looking forward to keep losing until I reach my ultimate goal. Here's to being skinny, healthy and happy in our own skin....
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 on Sat May 19, 2012 12:39 pm

Whoohoo on the loss, girl. If ur hubby thought he saw ur ribs before, wait until he looks now bounce

About the bathroom issues, don't worry about TMI. If you can't talk about it here then where can you talk about it right?. Well I haven't been too constipated on 5-bites because I just haven't had much bowel movements. I know when I eat so little I just don't go much, but I didn't feel constipated either. Maybe try to add some bites that promote digestion like bananas with yogurt. That week I ate mostly bananas was a good digestive week.

The weird thing that happened to me yesterday was I ate normal food for my bites instead of the LC's and I've had terrible gas since. I still have it this morning. A lot of gurgling, and noises, and some gas. It's all air though so nothing offensive lol. Kinda weird. Tonight I'll be going back to the LC's so we'll see if this will subside.

Maybe others will have some thoughts on this as well.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Sun May 20, 2012 2:24 am

I'm having the same problem and I am now following dr.'s orders to start the laxatives and start eating some prunes! Yuck! Let me know if you find a better solution b/c I really don't want to waste my bites on prunes! : )))) I'm sorry your back is hurting, hopefully you can get some relief soon!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Sun May 20, 2012 11:13 am

Morning all,

So this morning I feel so swollen and bloated(there's a reason for it but not food). It's hard to even bend my fingers. I have to admit I didn't truly exercise yesterday but I skipped rope, raced with the girls, and did a good amount of that for about 2hrs outside. Also since I'm losing weight something has gotten in to dear hubby and he's really frisky and that always makes me bloat and gain. I'm not sure why,I'm not up on the anatomy part that causes that but I know I always do that after. I'm going to try and take it easy today and not do to much exercise. We have company coming over and we are cooking, lentils and chicken I might try to eat five bites of that, lentils are rich in vitamins.

Snow white I mentioned this in your journal, but try probiotics either in yogurt or just the supplements. I also saw a commercial yesterday for phillips colon health and it mentioned probiotics as well. I think I will get some at the store and try it. I believe it's due to lack of food but mostly fiber rich foods right. I was eating dates but dates have 140cals in 2 so that's a lot of my calorie intake wasted on two dates.

Alexis thanks for the advice, banana's block me I have to have a pretty good intake of fiber or I will not go, but as I mentioned before when on a water fast my entire bowels get cleansed so I though taking in more water than food in a day would cause the same affect but nope not happening.

Food intake
b-tea
L- nutella on dinner roll and a bite of coconut chocolate debbie cake
D-turkey sandwich on dinner roll and yogurt

Exercise- mostly skipping, and running with the kids for about 2 hrs

Weigh in
that's a 1lb gain from yesterday.

I'm not to worried about that as I know that it is due to everything I done yesterday. I'm kind of curious to see what tomorrow holds as it's my official weigh in and measurements. I know I have shrunk I can see it and feel it. I will be happy to be out of the 190's and into the 180's because on my scale I have to take my weight several times to see it below 200 still. It's sensitive you have to have you feet on the metal to get it to give you all the info like weight, muscle, fat and water % so once I see the number 3 times I know that's what my weight is and my other scale is way different from this one it's just a simple scale but it shows the weight about 8lbs less than my other scale, maybe that's the one I should be using lol... Okay so I'm looking forward to tomorrow that's what I'm truly going by because I know weight can fluctuate from day to day. Also next week is one week before Aunt Flow is due to arrive and normally when I gain all my water retention from her sometimes I gain anywhere from 5-10lbs at that time. Crazy, eh? I don't understand why we as woman have to go through all that. Anyway. Let's keep our heads high and our eye on the prize everyone.. Here's to a great Monday tomorrow.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 on Sun May 20, 2012 2:09 pm

wow, that sounds like a fun way to exercise. That is pretty much how I can all my exercise in too. Playing with kids at work and at home.

The difference between your two scales is very interesting. I think that 1 pound is probably just bloat. Weird since we are only eating a few bites but I think this way of eating makes our bodies even more sensitive to everything. I'm going to buy some probiotic too to help with my flow. I hadn't even thought of aunt flow coming until you mentioned it. It usually drives me crazy with chocolate cravings to I will have healthy low cal desserts ready to go. I do eat less during TOM but I snack and eat tons of sweets.

One more day, mommieof2, and so far so good right? Pat yourself on the back.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Mon May 21, 2012 1:27 am

So I have not been on my best behaviour with the food today. I have been craving chocolate, salty stuff as I do a week before aunt flow so today, I had my snickers, my turkey sandwich and yogurt, I had 2 dates, another piece of chocolate and 3 Rusk(like melba toast) with my tea. It was still under 1000 cals about 800 cal I'm just afraid my weigh in tomorrow will be crap because of what I have eaten. Anyway I'm simply ashamed of myself for eating so much but to be honest I could have binged from the time I woke until my bed time but I didn't so that's a majour improvement on my part. Anyway I'm off to bed. Have a lovely evening all.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Mon May 21, 2012 12:37 pm

Morning all,

Well as you can see above, I wasn't my best on the food intake yesterday. I have to say that I felt guilty about my over eating yesterday, but I was craving everything under the sun. So this week has to be a good week for me with no cheating. Yesterday and today I've wanted breakfast, except I wasn't hungry until 4 O'clock yesterday and then I ate a until 6 the things mention above.

Food intake
B- tea with 3 rusk (120cals)
L-4pm snickers, another piece of chocolate(330 cals)
D-turkey on dinner roll and yogurt (180)
extra 2-dates (140cals) and chocolate pudding (90cals)
total calorie intake yesterday 779 still under calories but no where near 5 bite calorie intake.

Exercise-none

Weigh in
196.2 1.2 pound loss
Bmi 50.4
Muscle 30.5

Chest under 36 down a 1/2 from last week over 40 down 1/2" from last week
Waist 35 down 2 1/2 inches from last week
Hips 45 down 1/2 inch from last week
Total inches lost 4"

Since starting the 5 bite diet I have lost 6lbs and since starting my Diet on May 3rd I've lost 10lbs I'm hoping I lose another 5-10before the end of the month so that would be a total of 20lb loss for the month and June will be all 5-bite weight loss.

I will say from yesterday I felt so lethargic maybe from all the stuff I put in my system. I did not reach my goal of 195 yesterday but if I were to use the washroom and weight again I bet I would. I'm going to go and buy some figs and add those to my diet so that I can use the bathroom naturally because this constipation is killing my back.

5-bite so this diet defiantly works but I have noticed I'm losing about a pound every other day to equal 3lbs a week which is still good and I feel like weighing every day is not doing me any good because on monday when I weigh in I feel like it should be more of a weight loss, but I'm super excited that I'm losing inches.. Okay everyone have a super duper day.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Mon May 21, 2012 4:45 pm

OMG I am craving carbs and chocolate so bad today. It's truly hard for me to resist but I'm doing it... It's making me one ill person though. I just want to eat and eat, I'm not hungry it's just cravings I think I need to get a soda or something. I ate my snickers for my chocolate craving but I want chips and pizza, horrible eh? I can't wait for this to be over. Most of the time before AF comes along I have all these cravings and of course I give in and eat eat eat but today I'm resisting resisting resisting... I think I need to exercise as well and get my mind off of FOOD!!!! Sorry for the rant I just feel like screaming....
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 on Mon May 21, 2012 6:00 pm

Awww, mommieof2, it sounds like you are doing the best you can. To be honest I think AF is headed my way too and I used 5 of my bites today on a slice of cake LOL. I don't think that slice was ONLY 5 bites, but I was craving it and could have easily made it 1 bite lol.

Do the best you can today and know that sometimes biology does get the best of us. Try to have safe food options like low calorie bars like fiber one. I had a diet coke already and it totally hit the spot. I couldn't even believe I drank it so fast.

Stay strong and keep posting. You will make it through. Try to take your mind off of it as much as possible.

Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Tue May 22, 2012 2:31 am

Crazy cravings! : ((((( Stay strong girl! : )))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Tue May 22, 2012 2:47 am

Well I will have to say I didn't do so well with my cravings, I didn't go crazy but I did have more than 5 bites today. I also exercised my butt off to. I want to make sure I keep my calories at 600 or below. I know that's not the best way but I was very snippy with my kids, my hubby is out of town which gives me a lot of stress when he's gone. I eat a couple of pieces of chocolate and a small honey bun. I'm craving sugar and carbs really bad. I will say this though I am happy that I haven't truly binged at all and don't plan on doing that either. I am hoping these cravings go away fast. Well ladies here's to another day of control on your parts not so much on mine, Very Happy
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Tue May 22, 2012 11:50 am

As you can see from the post above I didn't do as great as I would have like to, but I'm happy and content with the number on the scale this morning. I'm swollen and still lost weight. Alexis you mentioned about our body being more sensitive to things and I have to agree, because above average salt intake makes me swell so easy. Okay running short on time so I will just post.

Food intake
B- tea and rusk (140)
L-snickers (280)
D- pizza pocket(240)
cheat chocolate (2 pieces total cal (150)
Debbie snack honey bun (230)
total calorie intake (1040)

Exercise- Interval training walk, jog, run, plank jacks, push ups, sit ups upper and lower, skipping rope calorie burn around 400 so I still took in 640 calories

Weigh in
that's a 1lb loss.

So I know I said no exercise but I just can't live without it,seriously! I plan on just running and doing my situps pushups and plank jacks(love those things) total work out is an hour. So my littlest kido should be having surgery June 1st and I will be couped up in the house for 10days. I have a lot I want to get done in those 10days. I've not eaten nor drank my tea this morning I plan to drink it at lunch this way my morning is clear, maybe in the rusk in the morning has been messing with my hunger through the day. Alright off to exercise. BTW my names Michelle.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 on Wed May 23, 2012 9:08 am

Lol, I am so glad you mentioned your name. Sometimes I would want to abbreviate your login name but then it would seem as if I was calling you "mommie" so I would write the entire thing. I didn't ask your name since not everyone likes to share it and that is cool.

It sounds like you have A LOT going on and are (IMO) handling it pretty well. We all have the occassional slip-ups (that honeybun sounds hmmmm good lol). We wouldn't be here eating 5 bites if dieting came easy.

To be honest, I am so amazed by exercisers! You go girl! I dusted off my walk away the pounds DVD and plan to get a little walking in in the mornings. I think it would really energize me and my daughter loves doing the video with me. I think she thinks it's a music video with a dance routine lol.

Oh and congrats on the 1 pound loss. That deserves some bouncing emoticons bounce bounce bounce bounce
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Wed May 23, 2012 11:20 am

Hello Everyone,

So this morning I'm retaining water pretty bad today, not sure why, and I haven't weighed yet because I know I will have gained. I will check it in a bit when the fluid subsides. I'm super hungry today I mean super hungry, I woke up that way. I hate when AF comes around and I want to eat eat eat.I'm going to try my best to not CHEAT at all today. I mean I am still, with exercise, keep my calories to where they need to be. I was talk with my mom yesterday and since May 3rd I've lost 11lbs and 13.5 inches ( I only put a few of my measurements here)I measure thighs, hips, waist, chest, arms.

On a side note, my three year old has been a very sick child sick July of2011 and with much persistence on my part we finally got down to the problem. She has huge tonsils and when I say huge you can look at her neck and see them protruding out she was set for surgery in March, April and now June she was to sick to get it the other two times. We took some blood work found out her iron was deficient and that she has an under active thyroid so that's probably adding to her problems. She sleeps with me because she has sleep apnea due to the tonsils being so big, so I'm waking a lot during the night to check to make sure she's breathing. Anyway this adds a bunch of stress to me and all the while I was in College and thank God I am graduating in June with Honours. It's really hard to go back to school with two kids but it is possible. I have no family nor does my husband that lives here all my family lives in the States and hubbies lives in Pakistan and we are here in Canada so it's just the two of us with no help. Not trying to throw a pity party but I just look back at all that has happen and the stress that people can be under and that helps to pack on the pounds.

Alexis thanks for the encouragement and the honey bun was good at least it wasn't a big one with 30 grams of fat and like 600 cals. I used to eat those a lot time ago until I found out how much calories and fat were in them and at that time I was at my largest which was also about 12 years ago. Now I maintain a certain weight I think my largest has been 211 and when ever i reach that I start dieting but now I want my number to be 145 and I start dieting. That will come soon.

Food intake
B-nothing
L-tea and rusk
D- turkey sandwich and yogurt
extra a coconut chocolate debbie snack extra 140 cals

I added fiber to my tea, yogurt and a glass of water yesterday to see if I could get my bowels moving.

Exercise ran for 30mins and walked for another 15 for a total of 45 mins

Weight
195.2 (just weighted) I seriously thought it would be higher with the amount of water I am retaining.
so no lbs lost nor gained. I'm sure it would be less if I weren't retaining fluid.

I'm happy with that. I am hoping to be in the 180's by the end of next week even if AF is here maybe I will still be lower.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat on Thu May 24, 2012 2:41 am

Hi there, Michelle...I agree with Alexis about your name...I was just about to call you Mo2. lol.

Sorry to read about your sick child. That must be hard no matter what your situation. And congratulations on finishing up with school. I finally finished in 2008 after going nights for...forever. It's a huge accomplishment to be done with it.

Good job on not gaining, and sounds like you're losing well. I have to ask, what is Rusk???
Kathryn

Kaliopikat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Thu May 24, 2012 3:20 am

Michelle, soooooooooo sorry to hear about your sick baby AND not having any help on top of it!!!!! We went through large tonsils with my youngest son and it was awful, they took them out when he was 3 and sleep apnea was instantly cured and his speech improved a great deal! I'm sending prayers your way for you and your baby. I can't imagine doing that alone and doing this diet on top of it! You're doing great and don't let the slip up bother you, we all fall and we get back up. Getting back up is what will get us to the finish line. We can't and won't be perfect all the time or we wouldn't be human so don't feel bad about it...just keep on going! : ))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Thu May 24, 2012 11:51 am

Snow White thanks for that post, it's comforting knowing that it helped your son. I'm super nervous about her having surgery I mean she's been put under 3 times already for tubs and I think this one is more invasive so it makes me nervous. She's 3 as well and her speech is pretty good there's just a few words she can't say especially her R's. Anyway she has a peds appt this morning so I have to finish up this post and get going.

So extra fiber is not helping the washroom problem. I had to take another herbal laxative last night.

B- tea
L- pumper nickle bread with butter
D- turkey sandwich on pumper nickle bread and yogurt with fiber added

Not much cravings yesterday which is awesome.

Fitness run/walk (HITT) push ups, plank jacks, sit ups upper and lower body and stretching

Weigh in
.8 of a lb loss. Yay 4 more lbs and I will be out of the 190's...

Okay I have to head out. Talk with you all later.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 on Thu May 24, 2012 6:58 pm

Wow, michelle, sounds like your lil one is really going through a tough time. She is super lucky to have a super duper mommy like you making her days easier. I'll send good vibes to you and your fam when the surgery day approaches.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Thu May 24, 2012 8:32 pm

DD had to have blood work drawn again today for a follow on the thyroid issue to make sure she actually has a problem and it wasn't caused by her just being sick at the time. I should know something by mid week. I kind of screwed my 5 bites today with a bean burrito from taco bell but I'm just going to scrap dinner and I just had tea this morning so I should be okay aside from the high sodium count in there food. I hope all goes well Monday with my weigh in I would love to be at 190 even 192 because I will know by the next monday I will be in the 180. I really am shooting for 160 by End of june but will settle for 175 just so I can buy something smaller for my graduation. Anyway tomorrow is a new day with strict 5 bite rules. I will see about just eating very light tomorrow to off set all the cheating I have done this week, however I have not just went all out and binged.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Fri May 25, 2012 11:40 am

Okay so yesterday was an okay day. I really wanted to eat everything Taco bell could offer me but I resisted. My girls have a play date today so once I drop dd (6yr) off at school I need to come and exercise because I did not yesterday. My smallest one had to have more blood drawn yesterday and screamed bloody murder. It was painful for me. I look at myself and I can so see me shrinking it's an awesome feeling. I also noticed you can see my stretch marks they are really light but I would rather see them than to have them still be stretched. Okay I have a lot to do today. Let's be strong this weekend Ladys and Lurkers..

Food intake
B-tea
L- Taco Bell Bean burrito and Diet Pepsi
D- Nothing
2 liters of water only today.

Fitness none a slow stroll around the mall

Weigh in
193.4 <---- BELIEVE IT!!!!
1 lb loss and 3.4 more to go to be in the 180's I might just get to my realistic goal weight for graduation... I'm so happy....

Keep up the good work ladies....
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 on Fri May 25, 2012 12:02 pm

WOOP-WOOP!!!!!!! bounce bounce bounce OMG, we are all making some big strides. Soon, we'll all be each other's skinny friends lol.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum