Maintaining still going strong :)

Go down

Maintaining still going strong :) Empty Maintaining still going strong :)

Post  Jesabelle on Sat May 26, 2012 11:31 pm

Hi 5 biters!!! I have been reading your journals and you are all doing so well! cheers I just wanted to give you a quick update on maintenance. I have managed to stay between 113 and 115 since March. Believe it or not this is the easy part. tongue The beginning of the 5 bites was really hard as I was trying to get used to the "adjusting" my hungerstat, but now that I recognize my "full" signal, I just stop eating. Most days I eat more than the 5 bites, but really I don't count anymore. I eat what I want and when I feel full...I stop. (I still don't eat breakfast, but I am totally fine with that) I am excited for all of you to join me on maintenance. I am rooting for all of you to hit your goals soon What a Face
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Maintaining still going strong :) Empty Re: Maintaining still going strong :)

Post  Dmac on Sun May 27, 2012 1:56 am

That is awesome jesabelle I am so proud of you. I still follow all the five biters here also. it is nice to here frum ya if guna where to ges how many calories a day are you taking in to maintain?
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle on Sun May 27, 2012 4:13 am

If I had to guess, I would guess anywhere from 1200 to 1500. I have to watch it though because I went a week where I just wanted to eat vegtables and when I had weighed myself I was at 110-I knew I had lost weight without weighing just from how my pants were fitting and my face looked too thin. Shocked
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat on Sun May 27, 2012 5:14 am

Hi there...maintaining is the easy part? That's the last thing I would have thought, but that's awesome to hear. Thank you for posting that, made my day. For me with past diets, losing has always been the easy part, and maintenance impossible, so if this is different...that's amazing. Congratulations, sounds like this plan has been a huge success for you.

Last edited by Kalliopikat on Mon May 28, 2012 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Kaliopikat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Sun May 27, 2012 11:15 am

Hey Jesabelle that is great that you have been able to maintain and not gain as every other nay sayers says you will go into starvation and pack on the pounds, they just done have a clue. Great job on the maintaining and thanks for giving us some encouragement.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Mon May 28, 2012 2:16 am

Sooooooooooo proud of you, Jesabelle! Soooooooooo glad to hear that maintenance is going so well for you!!!!! I can't wait to be there with you in Maintenance Land!!!!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Maintaining still going strong :) Empty Wow

Post  ElleBella on Mon May 28, 2012 7:27 pm

This is Great! You look so beautiful girl.. Smile
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle on Mon May 28, 2012 9:46 pm

Thanks all of you!!! I will forever be so greatful to the 5 bite diet!

Kalliopikat-yes, I swear to you maintaining is the easy part once you have trained yourself and gotten to your goal weight-As long as you continue to recognize the "full" signal then it's cake. I don't 5 bite any longer per se, but because of the 5 bites I recognize when I am full and I just stop. This diet gave me the tools that will be effective for the rest of my life Smile What a Face

Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaci002 on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi Jesabelle

Just been reading through some older posts and see you were telling us how your maintanance was going in May - just wondered if you had any further updates - is it still going well for you?
Thanks
xxx

Kaci002

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:07 pm

Hi!!! My maintenance is going great! Very Happy I am still the same weight that I was in Feb and it has been very easy to maintain. I still skip breakfast, but I eat whatever I want for lunch and dinner-just smaller portions than when I was at my heaviest Shocked It has been so fun buying clothes for summer this year. I love my summer dresses and shorts. I was looking at some of the clothes that I was wearing last summer and feel so bad that I was trying to camouflage my body because I was so unhappy with how I looked. I am really looking forward to seeing some after pics soon of all you 5 biters!!!! What a Face
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:19 pm

Hi Jesabelle.

I just wanted to thank you so much for stopping back in and letting us know how your doing.

It's great that your maintenance is working so smoothly. If there's one thing that's always seemed shrouded in mystery around this diet, it's "maintenance." The Doc let's himself off the hook a bit by saying, in the book, "Well, everyone's different." Over on his paid site, though he did break down his own maintenance and it sounds exactly like yours. Still "no breakfast." and "two meals" for the day.

Do you mind if I ask a couple questions? Like "Do you still give yourself a 'count' or number of bites to decide what is 'a meal'?" or, "Do you know what a 'meal PORTION' looks like and just go by that?" And, finally, if I may, "Do you weigh yourself, daily or weekly, and jump back into this if the numbers rise a little?"

There. I believe I've intruded on your post-diet life enough for one post. ( pirat )

Blessings,

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:36 am

Hi Marc Very Happy I don't count my bites any longer, I stopped counting bites a few weeks into maintenance when I realized that I was able to gauge my "hungerstat" without counting. I also do not specifically use portioning for my meals. I prepare regular meals for my family and then I eat until I start to get the "full" signal and then I stop eating. I suppose I do use portion control when am putting something on my plate, but it seems like there are days I can eat more than the next and for the most part I don't clean my plate (There is normally something left on the plate) I do not regularly weigh myself either. I can go a week without weighing, but there are times where I want to weigh myself daily, but I find that I can weigh 114.8 on Monday, Tuesday I can weigh 115.2 and then Wednesday 114.2. It kind of drives me crazy when it fluctuates like that, so I try to weigh myself on a weekly basis and have even gone as long as 2 weeks (battery needed to replaced and I kept forgetting to pick one up) It really is easy once you get to maintenance as long as you keep reminding yourself that maintenance is truly your lifestyle. If you forget that it would be extremely easy to start eating larger portions and regaining the weight you have fought so hard to lose. Please feel free to ask me anything about maintenance anytime. I am really enjoying all of your current 5 bite journeys and wish everyone success I love you
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:55 am

Thanks!!
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaci002 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:38 am

Thank Jesabelle

Its been so helping reading through all your posts and thank you for the update on the maintentance

xxx

Kaci002

Back to top Go down

Post  Pookykat on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:10 pm

Really, REALLY appreciate hearing about successful maintenance!

Thank you so much! It's helpful to know that this is doable long term.

Pookykat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum