5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost 7.6 pounds in 4 days!!

4 posters

Go down

Lost 7.6 pounds in 4 days!! Empty Lost 7.6 pounds in 4 days!!

Post  Pookykat Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:12 pm

Reporting my early progress:

This is my first time on the 5BD. I started on Wednesday, July 11 at 216.6 pounds.
I weighed in this morning, Sunday, July 15 at 209 pounds.

7.6 pounds GONE!

So exciting!

I drink a TON of water (actually, water with lemon juice and stevia to make a very low calorie lemonade). I start my day with about 40 oz of it, and continue to drink it all day.

I've been sticking - strictly - to the 5 bites at lunch and 5 at dinner. On my first day and then again yesterday, I had one extra bite of protein as a snack. Once mid-afternoon, once later at night. This week I'd like to start adding exercise if I feel up to it (I had to start some new medication for something that's making me feel not-so-great).

The hunger is challenging, but doable. There have been moments now, past the first three days, where it's non-existent, or where I can feel real hunger vs. empty/emotionally want to eat. I only feed the hunger part.

I use all kinds of things to keep my motivation going: a size 12 pair of jeans I want to wear on a trip at the beginning of September (I haven't been able to wear them in 11 years, and they were tight then; I wear a size 16 now, but they are from Old Navy, and I know those run big. The size 12's are less vanity-sized, I think); reading about others' experiences and weight loss; imagining a different life for myself, the other clothes I can wear, the things I can do as a normal size person that I hesitate doing now, because I'm fat.

At the moment, SO willing to do whatever it takes to get there! I hope I can keep going, that I don't give in to emotional eating, that I don't lose steam and ambition and motivation and willingness.

Pookykat

Back to top Go down

Lost 7.6 pounds in 4 days!! Empty Re: Lost 7.6 pounds in 4 days!!

Post  kimikat3 Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:08 am

Ohhh friend!!! You are on the RIGHT track!you and I are almost mirror images in weight.i lost about the same amount my first week as well! Congrats! It's an awesome accomplishment! Stick to it! I Unfortunatly fell off my wagon around week 3. I haven't gained all of my weight back though. I'm starting back on my journey tomorrow!!! Wink
kimikat3
kimikat3

Back to top Go down

Post  Pookykat Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi kimikat,

How did it go, getting started again? I think it's so, so amazing that you can be off this diet and not gain all of the weight back. That, to me, speaks volumes about what we're doing here! As in... it's worth it, and can really work long term! Congratulations! Keep going!

Hang in there... you know those first few days are awful... remembering them is sometimes the only thing that keeps me going!! And maybe take those days off as a source of information/learning, you know?

I've been strict on my bites, still, and after 6 days, I'm now down 7.8 pounds. I'm excited, but as I said in my journal entry, not so psyched about the side effect of losing a lot of weight quickly = not-so-tight-skin. Starting to obsess over THAT. Ugh. Need to get back to the weight training...

I'm also annoyed that I'm having more hunger problems than I thought I would. Mostly mornings. Once I eat, I'm ok, and can really get a sense that my stomach is shrinking, but it's getting hard to not eat breakfast.

Pookykat

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:40 pm

Yay for both of you.. Missed you Kimkat.. glad you are coming back honey.. I am working my way back also.. have been here but losing nothing.. Hugs
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Pookykat Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:30 pm

Frustrating, not losing anything. Really admire your willingness to be here, even with the medical struggles. It inspires me, as I'm going through a bunch of my own. Battling elevated prolactin levels, which can make it hard to lose weight; all your body wants to do is hold onto it or gain. And, as I just found out over the past few days, I don't tolerate the meds for it. AT ALL. I am hoping this does not mean surgery...

Stay with us! Those 30 days will go by...

Pookykat

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:41 am

I just read up a bit on what you have.. you poor thing.. no wonder you have had a bad time.. Hugs.. I believe you can over come this.. if you have overcome cancer like me.. you so know you can do this.. Great Job!!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Pookykat Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:09 pm

Wow, that means so much that you would take the time to read up on (one of) my medical conditions. Thank you so much for the support! I do understand how much energy gets sucked out of you to deal with this... one foot in front of the other, yes?

We can do this!!!

Pookykat

Back to top Go down

Post  Bereniceperalta Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:58 am

Congratulations on your early progress with the 5 Bite Diet! Losing 7.6 pounds in just a few days is a significant achievement. It's great to hear about your determination and the strategies you're using to stay motivated and on track.

Here are a few additional tips and considerations as you continue on your weight loss journey:

Stay Hydrated: It's good that you're drinking plenty of water, as staying hydrated is essential for overall health and can also help manage feelings of hunger.

Monitoring Extra Bites: Be mindful of those extra bites, even if they are protein-based. Consistency with the 5 Bite Diet is crucial for achieving your goals.

Exercise: Adding exercise to your routine can be beneficial for both your physical and mental well-being. Start slowly and listen to your body, especially given your recent medication changes.

Emotional Eating: You mentioned identifying real hunger vs. emotional eating, which is a crucial skill. Continue to pay attention to your body's signals and avoid using food to cope with emotions.

Support and Accountability: Consider sharing your journey with a friend or family member who can offer support and help keep you accountable.

Long-Term Goals: While it's great to focus on the short-term goal of fitting into those size 12 jeans, remember to think about long-term health and sustainable habits beyond just reaching a certain number on the scale.

It's clear that you have a strong desire to make positive changes in your life, and that determination is a valuable asset on your weight loss journey. Keep up the good work, stay focused on your goals, and believe in your ability to succeed. If you ever encounter challenges or need guidance, consider consulting with a healthcare professional or a registered dietitian to ensure you're on the right track to achieving your goals safely and sustainably.

Bereniceperalta

https://hhprocessors.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down