5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you rewarding yourself or punishing yourself?

3 posters

Go down

Are you rewarding yourself or punishing yourself? Empty Are you rewarding yourself or punishing yourself?

Post  Jetersgirl Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:59 pm

So, I've noticed that people have a tendency to eat when they celebrate. People will do very well on the diet and then go out for a celebration and eat a ton of food instead of keeping the portions small. I see that they look at it as though they are rewarding themselves, but aren't they really punishing themselves? If you have put in a ton of effort on this diet and then in one night or two you regain all of the weight you started out at then is it really a reward. The point of this diet is to learn portion control. Why are we teaching ourselves portion control? Well, most likely we have been abusing ourselves with food and now we have gone from not really liking what we look like to hating what we look like. So, then how in the world can we say that we are rewarding ourselves when we go out after learning portion control and eat obscene amounts of food? So people STOP MAKING EXCUSES AND REASONS WHY YOU AREN'T LOSING. If you are not losing then you are not really doing this diet. This diet works for anyone who can commit-So commit!!!! Stop punishing yourselves and calling it a reward because it's not. Do yourself a favor because nobody else can do this but you.
Jetersgirl
Jetersgirl

Back to top Go down

Are you rewarding yourself or punishing yourself? Empty Re: Are you rewarding yourself or punishing yourself?

Post  danielsaun Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:42 am

What works for me and I think it may work well for others if to focus on quality not quantity. So many people want a lot of food. Notice when you go to fine dining sans Morton's portions are small and tasty.

So what I do these days if I start eating something and realize it's not quality I spit it out and get something better.

Want to celebrate sure. Go to the nicest pastry shop and get one great pastry or get the best ice cream, Dryers, Cold Stone, you get the point.

Focus on quality and you can celebrate with small portions, no buffets they are poor quality anyways.

danielsaun

Back to top Go down

Are you rewarding yourself or punishing yourself? Empty Re: Are you rewarding yourself or punishing yourself?

Post  ElleBella Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:04 am

Wow.. I totally agree.. Living in Europe againts the French boarder the food was amazing.. so get what your saying!!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum