5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm One Of The Originals Back For More!

5 posters

Go down

I'm One Of The Originals Back For More! Empty I'm One Of The Originals Back For More!

Post  orig5biter Sat May 22, 2010 11:33 pm

Hey everyone! Here is my story...

Dr. Lewis was my physician about 5 years ago before this diet was anywhere near popular. He recommended I try it and although it was really tough for me I stuck to it for 3 months and lost 30 lbs. After I stopped I completely overstuffed myself on and off and ended up gaining the weight back. I had been thinking about starting the 5 bite diet again over the last year and googled it to see if it had caught on. I was BLOWN AWAY to see just how popular it is now! He wrote a book and everything. I am here to say first of all that this works! The trick is that after you reach your goal weight you have to be really careful not to overeat...if you don't stuff yourself you will keep the weight off.

So here we go again...I officially started back on the diet May 8th (2 weeks ago today) I started at 244 and I'm 5'9. I weighed in this morning at 232...so 12 pounds in my first two weeks. I haven't exercised at all yet, but I hope to start walking at least 3 times a week for a half an hour which is part of how Dr. Lewis originally explained the diet. Either way I know I'll lose the weight but exercise will just make it fall off quicker.

My extra motivation besides feeling better about my body is that I've met a man and we've fallen in love basically over the internet. Well he's booked a flight to come and finally meet me in person. He gets here June 25th...so wish me luck!!

And to all of you out there trying this out, I wish you luck! Don't give up!!!

orig5biter

Back to top Go down

I'm One Of The Originals Back For More! Empty Re: I'm One Of The Originals Back For More!

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sun May 23, 2010 4:50 am

its interesting that u said u gained the weight back. I've lost a bit of weight as well and im getting kinda close to my goal weight- but im worried about the "reintegration" into real eating again. I feel like my stomach has shrunk so much that i couldnt put that much food in it even if i wanted to--- then again... i would so love a baked potato right about now. haha

I know that i gained the weight back over time the last time i gained weight- took like 2 years to damage the whole thing, BUT im hoping that discipline will keep me from having to subject myself to something this drastic again in the future.

let us know what the doctor said about this!!!! im sure everyone wants to know! and thank you for coming to the forum!!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

I'm One Of The Originals Back For More! Empty Re: I'm One Of The Originals Back For More!

Post  orig5biter Sun May 23, 2010 8:03 pm

I think the trick for me is to remain concious of what I'm putting in my mouth even when I'm NOT on the diet. If I'm not staying aware then it becomes REALLY easy to finish that last bite and to munch every night.

This is basically how the Dr. Lewis put it to me years ago. He said the idea of the diet is to shrink your stomach. You don't eat anything for breakfast, 5 bites of anything for lunch and 5 bites of anything for dinner. He said to eat my last meal before 5:00pm or as close to that as possible. He said to walk for a half an hour 3 times a week, and that I can drink anything with no calories. Black coffee, diet drinks, water, etc. He said although you CAN eat anything and still lose the weight, he recommended some protein somewhere throughout the day to keep my energy level up. All of it makes perfect sense if you think about it. And the thing I absolutely love about this diet is that you see the pounds drop quickly. I remember him telling me that if I could get through the first 3 or 4 days of uncomfortability I'd be good to go! And this time around, today, on day 16 of my diet, I feel great.

orig5biter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Sun May 23, 2010 9:46 pm

Welcome to the forum and good luck!

Dani

Back to top Go down

I'm One Of The Originals Back For More! Empty hello, i'm from diet blog

Post  j Sat May 29, 2010 5:35 am

Hello, I'm alisa from the diet blog forum.
Anybody else from that forum over here?
j
j

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Mon May 31, 2010 1:03 am

Welcome to the forum new (well old to thediet new to the forum :p ) members!!

hope u find it supportive here Very Happy

I think a large number ofus are from the old diet blog , but we also have heaps of nw members which i think is FANTASTIC lol!
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I'm One Of The Originals Back For More! Empty the old five bite forum

Post  j Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 am

yay! i should try to find everyone.
They were all extremely supportive on the other forum. I really appreciate it, and I liked encouraging others.
j
j

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down