5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeni's Daily Journal (State Date: 01-28-2013)

4 posters

Go down

Jeni's Daily Journal (State Date: 01-28-2013) Empty Jeni's Daily Journal (State Date: 01-28-2013)

Post  JENI Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:34 pm

Hello Everyone,
I'm a newbie here but hopefully not for long. I've read Why Weight Around twice now and have also read through two very long journals here which helped shed some personal light on this way of eating.
I think I'm ready to jump in with both feet and check it out.
Here is some background information about me... I'm 43 years old, 5'2" tall, married to an awesome man, have no children, work from home, have two adorable labradors and have had two (yes 2) weight loss surgeries and am still struggling with my weight. I have, like most overweight people, tried just about every diet plan out there. I have been written up in Woman's Day magazine for a diet I tried for them and lost a few pounds, only to gain it right back. So, I'm no stranger to this struggle. I wish once and for all I could figure out why I love food so much or that I feel like I have zero control over what I put into my mouth.
I will say this, the only time I've ever been successful at losing the weight on my own was when I joined an online weight loss program (not WW) and journaled every meal and every snack I ate. It held me accountable and for some reason, it clicked with me. I kept the weight off for a full 2 years and then slowly gained it all back. That's when I had my second weight loss surgery, a gastric sleeve.
My first surgery was in 2001 and I had the gastric band placed. I lost 65 pounds with that surgery and the second one, I'm holding steady at 43 pounds lost. So, just in case any of you think that surgery is the quick fix for weight issues, I'm here to tell you it's not... I wish it were. I know that both surgeries have helped me tremendously and I'm very grateful that I had both of them. No regrets here. It's still work and being mindful of your every meal.
There's probably a whole book I could write here about myself and what has gotten me to this point in my life but I'll save that for another day, maybe. Very Happy
Thank you for reading and hopefully you will come along with me as I journal my days here to keep me accountable. Please feel free to give advice or comments. I'm happy to be here and so excited to see these pounds melt away.
OK, here starts my first day of the 5 Bite Diet.

Today's Weight: 171.8
Goal Weight: 130

Menu:
Breakfast: black coffee
Lunch: 5 bites grilled chicken with cheddar cheese and salsa
Dinner: same as lunch

I'm currently not doing any type of exercise. I plan on starting a program called T-Tapp once I get into the 130's.
JENI
JENI

Back to top Go down

Jeni's Daily Journal (State Date: 01-28-2013) Empty Re: Jeni's Daily Journal (State Date: 01-28-2013)

Post  JENI Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:46 pm

I also wanted to add that I so appreciate everyone who has journaled before me (LOL) here on this board. Reading through your daily experiences has giving me so much insight into what you have dealt with while on this diet. Your honesty is amazing. I hope to be as truthful as I can. I think it shows that we are all human and none of us have super powers.
XO,
Jeni
JENI
JENI

Back to top Go down

Jeni's Daily Journal (State Date: 01-28-2013) Empty Re: Jeni's Daily Journal (State Date: 01-28-2013)

Post  ElleBella Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:53 pm

Welcome Welcome Welcome!!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:03 am

Welcome! So glad you're here!

I can tell you that this diet will not help you get to the bottom of why you love to eat. It will shrink your stomach and it will help you lose weight fast...but when you go off plan, you will gain it back fast, too. But a lot of people have lost a lot of weight on this diet and everything in the book is true. Making it real for yourself is key. Good luck! sunny
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Jeni's Daily Journal (State Date: 01-28-2013) Empty Welcome from me too!

Post  120-4life Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:11 am

Hi, Jeni!

I just wanted to chime in with my welcome, too. I've been on this for 17 days now and so far shed 15 lbs. and aiming for 20 more. I'm just loving the exciting changes I'm experiencing with this method for finally getting to the bottom of my relationship with food. It's such fun seeing the lbs melt away as long as I don't go over the 2x5 bites per day.

I've spent the past 50 years looking for a solution to the 20-30 excess lbs I've carried around, the chronic fatigue, persistent depression, backaches, and how this affected my ability to cope with the responsibilities of a wife and mother of four children. I read Prevention magazine articles, Adelle Davis advice (in the 60s), tried many different supplements and saw many alternative practitioners to find the root of the problems. Some helped a little but not permanently. My kids got Tiger's Milk (made with Brewer's yeast, raw milk and molasses) and homemade yogurt popsicles and tell me they couldn't trade their liverwurst sandwiches on whole grain rye bread at school with any of their classmates. ha, ha. But today three of them are very health conscious and following the natural health principles.
They may eventually want to try this for their own battles with weight gain now that they're in their 40s and facing the middle age weight gain challenge.

With this simple system, even after only 17 days, I can see how very important it is, for me, to have a way to eliminate and keep off excess weight before other problems can be solved. Having this tool to help control the weight and keep it at optimum level , knowing I can do it with ease for life, well this is so energizing and transformative for me, not only physically but emotionally and mentally and spiritually. I don't think I'm exaggerating either. Time will tell, but with this tool I believe it's largely up to me what the outcome will be and continue to be.

I must add, though, that all I've learned over the years through trial and error (and the vital information I gained about natural nutrition and many other subjects) certainly has a bearing on my personal experience of this at this time. It's like I'm at the point of finally graduating from a very long stint in college as a very slow learner who needed 50 years for the lessons to sink in. ha, ha. Also, it may be easier for me to do this now that I'm living alone and retired from the 8 hour job treadmill. But where there's a will there's a way. Just keep on keeping on and getting back on the horse if you fall off. It's always another step closer to the goal. We have so many ways online to find encouragement and tools to create success in achieving our goals. Ask and you shall receive - this or something better!

Hugs,
Lucille

120-4life

Back to top Go down

Post  JENI Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:40 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies.
I had only one very successful day on the 5BD and then came down with the flu... :-(
Today I'm feeling some what better so I think I will try and make it my new starting day.
My weight this morning was 170.8.
I don't have much of an appetite so maybe it will be an easy day.
I will post again tomorrow my menu for today.

Have a good Friday everyone,
Jeni
JENI
JENI

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:54 pm

Hope you get healthy fast.. godbless
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down