Challenger's check-in

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Challenger's check-in Empty Challenger's check-in

Post  Challenger on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:25 am

Starting Weight: 140.2
Goal Weight: 110

Hello All!

I just found out about 5BD completely by chance, and it sounds so perfect for me! I have PCOS and have been dieting for most of my life. But I am so sick of counting calories and carbs- just want something really simple - like counting bites! I am going to set myself a challenge to follow this diet and check in here for 21 days, which should give it a fair chance to see how we'll it works (and if I can stick to it).

I am going to make 2 modifications to the plan:

1) Allow milk in tea & coffee
2) Allow 10 bites if eating with others

I think these two mods will make the plan more liveable for me (and I really want this to work). I am also going to have a small alcoholic drink if I want one (I don't drink a lot anyway).

Challenger
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Challenger's check-in Empty Re: Challenger's check-in

Post  Challenger on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:31 am

Day 1

Today was a good start. Being a Saturday I was out of the house and busy which I think helped. I had 10 bites each of a burger (lunch) and chicken nuggets with mozzarella & ketchup (dinner). 10 bites for each meal today because i was eating with my partner (easier to do this than explain about the diet!). Also a couple of beers in the evening (next time I will stick with one!).

Not too hungry yet, so far so good!!
Challenger
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Post  Challenger on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:14 pm

Day 2

Oh my goodness, the hunger has kicked in with a vengeance today! Proper growling hunger. I had chicken nuggets with cheese & ketchup for lunch. Even though it was 10 bites I am already starving for dinner! Want to wait another 2 hours or so. Maybe I'll have some veggie stock. Must stay strong!! :-/
Challenger
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Post  Challenger on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:09 pm

Well somehow I made it through the day. 10 bites of cheeseburger for dinner. Actually 10 really massive, and very unladylike, bites. But whatever gets the job done for now. Also had a low cal hot chocolate drink before bed just to help me sleep. Again not ideal but I'm not worrying about drink calories too much right now.

Tomorrow will be tough. I'm travelling for work and won't be able to eat at regular times (or lie on the sofa because I'm tired /hungry!). I'm also going to do 5 bites (instead of 10) since I'll be eating alone. Very nervous about it given today was so hard, but I will do my best!
Challenger
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:41 pm

The alcohol calories have never effected me...if your eating is on plan you will lose a ton of weight. You just have to be ready to do it and be done with it. Clearly I have not been fully ready. When I'm on plan, I lose a pound a day with no problems other than constipation. You just have to decide you are doing this and get it done b/c it does work.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Challenger on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:39 am

Hi Snow White & thanks for your message. You are absolutely right, I just need to put my mind to this and make it happen! Thanks for your support xxx

Day 3

Had a terrible night last night, been awake since 3am. On my way to the airport now, have allowed myself a cappuccino for breakfast since I'm so tired and I get sick if I travel on an empty stomach. Need to hold out as long as possible for lunch because its going to be a long day of work. I WILL DO THIS!!
Challenger
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Post  Challenger on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:32 pm

Oh dear oh dear! Epic fail on day 3. Flight was awful, turns out my coffee wasnt enough to stop me getting airsick. I have never been so close to actually throwing up on a plane! By the time I got off I was shaking and green and HUNGRY. Coupled with my sleep deprived state and a work presentation that didn't finish till 9pm, let's just say I had more than 5 bites! I wouldn't say I binged but I definitely ate more than I needed. I'm flying home tomorrow morning and not sure what to do... Don't want to risk getting so sick again. Maybe I should just have a 5 bite breakfast before I fly??

I'm annoyed at having failed today but it was a rough day. I hope I can make this diet work for me somehow. So tired now, need to sleep.
Challenger
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Challenger's check-in Empty I say Eat normally til you get back home

Post  120-4life on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:44 pm

Dear Challenger,

Welcome to the forum! It looks to me like this was not a good time for you to be doing the 5 bite regime. I would say pay attention to your body's signals for what it needs right now to maintain health and be strong enough to cope with the extra demands on it from the traveling and work demands without getting sick. When you get back to a normal routine then your body will be better able to adjust to the new demands this diet makes on it where it has to start tapping into fat stores for fuel. I'm thinking your body is working extra hard just to maintain equilibrium right now with the stress it's had to deal with today. Be kind and give it some slack and some food it's used to until you're rested and back to a normal routine.

I've been on this 5Bites for three weeks now and it went great the first two weeks shedding about a lb. a day, but I've come to a challenging point where my body is protesting and I need to get a doctor's help to find out what the protest is about. (check out my daily posts under my "120_4life" name. Maybe something in those posts will help you on this journey.)

Meanwhile, I'd say get the Why Weight Around book if you don't have it to see Dr. Lewis' detailed explanation of how to work with this. Also, I would say check with a doctor you trust and respect for personal suitability of this to your own body's condition. (I'm no doctor or 5Bites expert, just offering my two cents' worth! Smile )

Hugs,
Lucille

120-4life

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:14 am

Gosh.. take better care of you.. eat if you have to for flying .. do not make yourself ill.. it will not hurt you to eat a bit more.. just get back on plan when you are back to your more normal like Very Happy

Debbie
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Challenger on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:16 pm

Hi Lucille and Debbie,

Thank you both so much for checking in with me! Honestly after yesterday I felt like giving up but it made me so happy to see your messages here. In hindsight probably not the best timing to start this plan as you point out! Maybe I should start again but I am going to call yesterday a 'blip' and keep going as best I can :-)

Day 4

Had a croissant before flying this morning, think it was about 10 bites, anyway I am calling it medicinal! My stomach was much better on the plane as a result and the flight was a lot smoother which helped.

My schedule for the next week or so is looking much more 'regular' (at least no more work trips) so I'm hoping I'll be able to stick to the plan better.

My plan for the rest of today is 5 bites for lunch and 5 for dinner. Tempting just to skip lunch because of breakfast but I won't, just try to get back on track. Will report in again later, hope everyone has a good day!

PS Lucille I can't get the book here in the UK unfortunately, Amazon is out of stock and I have had no luck elsewhere. So I'm just trying to do a lot of research on the internet. But thanks!
Challenger
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:31 pm

I do not have the book either.. but I am going to get it now.. think I need to get it.. can you not order from the usa sight...or the dr's sight.. they both ship world wide? I used to live in germany and ordered all my english books via amazon as they shiped to europe.. hmmm hope for you that you can get it.. Im thinking that part of the reason I am not sticking to plan as well as I wish is because of not understanding my bodies cues? I just started a challenge on the team challenge post.. join in.. let get it done.. get you to 110 in a fast hurgy!!!!.. me just anything under 200 to start.. lol lol!

Cheers Debbie
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Challenger on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:08 pm

Hi Debbie,

That's a good idea to order the book from the US, never even occurred to me! I'll have to check how much the shipping is. I know the plan is simple in theory but I feel like reading the book might help my motivation!

I'm so glad you started a challenge, I will definitely check it out and join you! Need to think about what my goal should be...

As for today, I am pleased to report I've had a good day on plan! 5 bites of veggie cocktail sausages with cheese for lunch, 5 bites of quiche for dinner. A couple of cups of tea with milk in the afternoon. I may have a cup of low cal hot choc before bed, will see how I feel.

I got some new meds from the doctor to help me sleep, will take one tonight. Everything seems so much better when I've slept!

Wishing everyone a lovely evening :-)
Challenger
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:03 am

This diet will help with sleep also.. so many people say after the 3rd full on plan day your body goes into ketosis and sleeping becomes a great side effect.. lets hope so.. lol You are so like me.. tea.. so love my tea.. with milk to.. but really its not high in calories as long as its just 2 a day.. My last name is Jones.. untill I got married.. now mueller-jones.. my husband is German.. I love all thinks English.. lol I am thankfull that we do not have to many fish and chip shops around here ...lol Shocked I am sure shipping will not be that bad. Amazon will be cheaper than the dr though.. just a tip

Have a great morning when you read this.. Cheers!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Challenger on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:18 pm

Day 6

Think I missed a day of checking in, things have been so stressful recently! But I have been doing pretty well on the plan. Not perfect by any means, but I am keeping on with it which is the main thing. I'm actually quite happy about that because normally if I go off any kind of plan I would throw in the towel completely. This time I am not giving up, just doing as well as I can!

My appetite is definitely decreasing, I'm less bloated and I've noticed I'm fuller on much less food. I have also adjusted to skipping breakfast, which is amazing because I usually ALWAYS eat breakfast! These are all good signs. I am still suffering from hunger pangs (especially at night when I have trouble sleeping) but I'm sure these will settle down as my body gets used to things. Anyway it's a much nicer feeling to be hungry than to be stuffed because I've gorged myself!

Tomorrow is weigh in day, I'm hoping to see the scale move down a bit!

PS Debbie now you have me thinking about fish & chips... Oh dear, hurry up dinner time! :-))

Challenger
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:19 pm

Lol.. I know after I wrote that I was thanking god that I am moving back to the East Coast of Canada this summer and many Chip shops are a foot.. lol.. Yay..I wonder if a small bit of warm milk just before bed might help you to sleep better. Go and purchase some skim milk and have half a cup before bed nicely warmed.. the protien will help as well as the tryptophan.. at 45 calories its not going to harm your weight loss effort.. if you are nervious it will, drop the hot choco.. that will balance it?

Hope you have a wonderful WI.. Yay!!!!!

Have a super day!!!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Challenger on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:28 pm

Thanks Debbie yes my hot choc has skimmed milk powder in it, only 40 cals so I'm not worrying about it :-) I am on some meds for insomnia at the moment but I need to go back to the docs as it's not working so well. Oh also I have a lavender wheat bag which I sleep with which is nice & warm and relaxing.

Thanks again for checking in with me, hope you're having a good day! xxx
Challenger
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Post  Challenger on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:33 pm

Oh almost forgot to update for the day, lunch was 5 bites of cheesy chicken, dinner was 8 bites of pizza with a glass of wine and 2 bites of chocolate wafer, felt like a big decadent dinner!

Almost the end of (a very imperfect!) week one... I'm feeling really good about being on this plan :-)
Challenger
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:58 am

Good luck on your weight in Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:19 pm

I think you have done great.. the journey is not the amount its the feeling about what you are doing is right.. great job this week!!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Challenger on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:46 pm

Ah, thank you Dmac and Debbie! So great to have your support!

Day 7

So as I posted on the challenge thread I lost 3 pounds at weigh in, so my new stats are:

Start weight: 140.2
Current weight: 137.2
Goal weight: 110

I am very pleased with that as I didnt stick to the plan 100% and I lose slowly anyway with my PCOS. So that is a very good loss for me :-)

Today I had white coffee for breakfast, a snickers for lunch and a cheeseburger (10 bites?) for dinner. Also a couple of cheeky beers.

Happy Saturday!
Challenger
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Challenger's check-in Empty You go, girl!

Post  120-4life on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:02 pm

Makes me wonder if I could add a little dinner to my plan and keep burning fat. Hmm. What was that plan again?? ha, ha.

120-4life

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:16 am

LOL.. you are so cute..

Great job girl..
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Challenger on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:50 am

Lucille - When I eat with others (eg my partner) I allow myself 10 bites. Just makes it easier not having to explain about the diet and so on, and also means I get a bit more food when eating socially. I plan to keep doing this as long as I keep losing weight :-)

Debbie - Thank you :-)) Hope you're feeling a bit better today!

Today will be tricky for me as we're going to dinner at a friends house who is a real feeder and terrible with pushing her (delicious) food! Must stay strong! ! Will check in again later to update.

Happy Sundays all! Xxx
Challenger
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:32 pm

Hope you had a wonderful dinner with your friends. I am better thankyou.. sunny

You have a great day today!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Challenger on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:16 pm

Day 8

Thank you Debbie I did have a lovely dinner with friends. The bad news is I had way more than 10 bites. The good news is I ate a lot less than I normally would have done. Normally I come away from her house feeling stuffed-sick, tonight I am happy-full :-) So I am counting it as a half success, at least not a complete disaster... Chalk it down to a metabolism boost, haha! :-) Sitting with a herbal tea now, happy and tired, straight back on the 5+5 tomorrow, onwards and downwards!

Have a good night friends,
Challenger xxx
Challenger
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum