5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mrs5BD's Completely Honest Journal

+4
thins-in
ElleBella
Challenger
Mrs5BD
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mrs5BD's Completely Honest Journal   Empty Mrs5BD's Completely Honest Journal

Post  Mrs5BD Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:36 am

I have been very apprehensive to start a journal, I don't want to try 5BD and then be a complete failure. Which has been the case with every single other diet in the past.
So far I haven't had a single successful day Sad But then i see other people's journals where they have made little changes, added extra bites and had some good results. My aim of this journal is to be honest with myself, and the other people that read it. I think if I make that my goal I can be successful. So my first goal is to drastically reduce the number of bites I am currently eating, then gradually get down to 10 bites a day.
I did download the 80bites app on my mobile, and am counting my bites and will report them here each day.

----------------------------------
So my exciting day involved going to the doctor and talking about my fertility and getting pregnant hopefully in the next 6 months. So I have to go get some blood tests, hopefully they come back with the right levels. And then make sure we do lots of that other thing that gives you babies Laughing

Tonight I have training with a group of ladies with our personal trainer. We are training for a 10km obstacle course (The Stampede) in Sept. I am worried that I won't 'have enough energy' if I don't eat enough or after a workout, even though I KNOW that working out fasted is totally safe and healthy.

Day 1: 57 bites ( too many, but ya gotta start somewhere!)

I love you Carlye

Mrs5BD
Mrs5BD

Back to top Go down

Mrs5BD's Completely Honest Journal   Empty Re: Mrs5BD's Completely Honest Journal

Post  Challenger Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:05 am

Welcome Carlye! Looks like you've made a good start. I'm very new at this myself, still getting to grips with it all but I am finding it very helpful to keep a journal and stay accountable. Look forward to reading about your progress!

Challenger
Challenger
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Mrs5BD's Completely Honest Journal   Empty Re: Mrs5BD's Completely Honest Journal

Post  Challenger Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:12 am

Oh I meant to say we have a group challenge going in the challenge forum, you should check it out and join in with us all!
Challenger
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:18 pm

Welcome Welcome Welcome, Carlye bounce bounce bounce bounce So great to have you here.

Take your time.. no worries on time when you fall down.. just get back on with the next meal.. this is the best and most challenging diet around.. You are going to do Great.. yay for babies.. cheers
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs5BD Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:41 pm

Thanks for the welcome Challenger and ElleBella Smile
I will have to read yours and others diaries and see how you have dealt with living your life AND doing the 5bites at the same time.
All I know is that I do not want to quit just because I have a bad day, once I get my bites down to 5x2/day. That seems to be my usual MO. I will happily be doing a low carb diet for example, then accidentally eat a donut and be on a carb binge for 2 weeks. It's like it is 2 steps forward and 34 steps back.

Training went pretty well last night, I am still recovering from a cold I had, so that made it even harder to breathe than usual, and then for some reason my back got really sore, so when the other girls were doing certain exercises I just did extra squats. Not too excited about waking down the stairs this morning, scared my quads are going to be/get sore. Luckily I woke up without back pain. And I also was very satisfied after eating a small meal after training. I ate, I was satisfied, I stopped eating; what an unbelievable concept!! Ok, maybe I cheated a little, I had 4 bites of meatball and a protein drink?

So what IS the deal with drinking calories Question I don't drink a lot of calories, normally water, a mocha once a fortnight, and maybe 2 protein drinks a week. Seeing I have so much weight to lose I'm not gonna stress about it, they will probably reduce naturally the longer I spend counting my bites.

I spent some time walking around the shops yesterday and saw this cute pink and white singlet for $5, and then I realised I was in the maternity section!! I didn't care and bought it anyway, it's almost like maternity clothes are designed for me and my belly Laughing

So how did you people find the 5BD? I got here from a link somebody had posted on the JUDDD forum on lowcarb friends website. ElleBella, that is the up day/down day diet cycle I see you are following. I had also heard that the mega obese can survive for a year without food, and that eating at weight loss surgery amounts were NOT unhealthy. Which makes sense, cos they may have smaller stomach pouches, or parts of their gut bypassed, but eating like that and being anatomically correct stops the chance of vitamin/mineral/nutritional deficiencies as we can absorb all the nutrition from our food. Unless it's gluten, nobody needs gluten Exclamation

Speaking of weight loss surgery I asked my doctor yesterday if she thought I met the criteria, and she said yes, and she would have no qualms in recommending me for it pale Errrr, thanks, but no thanks. In her words is she was me she "would do anything to get the weight off". I told her about the 80 bites, but not the 5 bites. I'll lose a ton of weight, be healthy and then see what she has to say.......

--------------------------------------------------
Bites Day 2: 42 (yay, less than day 1)

I love you Carlye

My stats.
SW: 111.1kg Arrow GW: 60kg
BMI: 38.1 Arrow GBMI: 20-21

Mrs5BD
Mrs5BD

Back to top Go down

Post  Challenger Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:55 pm

I am just the same with all or nothing thinking but I'm trying to overcome it. I think posting here really helps, after a failure yesterday I normally would have given up but knowing I have friends checking up on me here really helps keep me accountable!

Re. Drinks I think technically you're not supposed to have any liquid calories. I don't worry too much personally (got to have milk in tea!). I guess it might slow down my loss a bit but I can live with that!

Keep going, you can do this! Very Happy
Challenger
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:59 pm

I love you and how cute you are.. Yay for shopping and finding something great! The diet does say that you should not drink your calories.. but really I am thinking you are doing this 2 to 3 times a week.. I drink milk in my tea also.. every day.. sometimes twice.. and when I am on plan.. I still lose fast!.. if you notice you stall..then back of them.. if not.. enjoy!

I found this diet from a blog I read about two girls that did it and lost, I think 30lbs a pc in a month or so.. if I find the article I will share it with you Very Happy .. Anyways, I looked it up on you tube and say the video of the dr.. I was sold on idea although I thought him a bit of a nutter.. eeek.. but the he checked out when I looked into him. sunny

I really find I do not do well on the low carb diet as I also go crazy with my binging on them.. so I eat my five bites including the carbs I want.. Last week was a grilled cheese sandwich dipped in tomatoe soup.. was great.. so delish.. filling and made me feel like I was on no diet affraid .. then I feel a bit ill and am now on shakes and soups till surgery.. lol.. anyways.. you get the pic.. de-stress this diet buy not making it about anyfood.. just eat and enjoy.. 5 bites only though Cool

Yay for not going with your dr on this one.. no surgery is the best for sure.. shame that dr's are so fast to go there now..lol money maker Suspect

Cheers!
Debbie
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Mrs5BD's Completely Honest Journal   Empty Happy Valentine's Day to all the lovers :)

Post  Mrs5BD Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:56 am

Ok, so the 80bite app is not my friend. I need to chose a number to start from and work down from there. Cos last night there were lots of bites, up to the full 80!! Sad Admittedly I wouldn't call it a binge, cos it wasn't the usual crap I shovel into my mouth when binging, but it was TOO MANY BITES, and this is what this journey is all about. Evil or Very Mad Interestingly I did wake up this morning slightly regretful and then I rememberd I had snickers in the fridge, but did not include them on my over-biting, so I'm counting that as a little bit of a win. I also realised this is my 'hungry day', once a month about 5 days before TTOM I get really hungry and eat a lot.

So today is Valentine's Day, I gave hubby a card and he gave me nothing, just like last year Smile But as a change he did make me breakfast. Thank goddess he asked me how much I wanted. He was gonna cook me 2 rashers of bacon, 2 sausages and 2 eggs, but I got him to halve it all. When I compared plates it really looked like not much food, especially when I am used to eating the same amount as him. Hmmmm, could that be the reason I need to lose half my body weight Question Shocked It turned out to be a ten bite meal, and very filling. He then took us out for our fortnightly coffee date, and automatically ordered me a large mocha, and I corrected him and got a small one, and a 2 bite biscuit. After eating and chatting and sitting I commented that I was just as full as if I had drunk a large mocha and had the full size brownie. I did think it was a bit rude he tried to eat a bite of my tiny biscuit seeing he had his own large slice and an extra cupcake!!

So I've been having a think on deciding what number to work down from. Not 40. Maybe 30? Nah, I've decided on 15-20. I have no probs skipping breakfast, and eating light for lunch and dinner, but I get to after dinner and realise I'm still hungry, so I will have 3 x 5 bites a day as lunch, dinner and supper. And start eating off my cute little plates and teeny, tiny bowls Smile

Thanks girls for posting in my journal and making me feel like one of the gang. I haven't read the book and can't get it from amazon, but I will make a concerted effort to NOT drink my calories. 80 bites says drinks don't count, but I'm not doing 80bites!!

Back to training tonight, but half of them have cancelled. My back is giving me some pain when I walk and cough, but I'm in charge of the workout tonight so can't let them down. I'm thinking about running intervals, boxing, body weight exercises and stretches.

Later
I love you Carlye
Mrs5BD
Mrs5BD

Back to top Go down

Post  thins-in Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:53 am

you are doing so well! what i did that really helped me move into 5 bite eating was reduce what i was normally eating for a few days or a week (or 2 weeks whatever makes you comfortable) and then from that say ok this date is the day i drop down to five bites only (you could do it in a staged process if that makes it easier for you) but set a date and stick to it, also i am a massive after dinner snacker but the way i have managed to stop that so far is if i am getting the eating each i have a sugar-free softdrink (my current favourite is the kirks SF creaming soda) and thats my "treat" drink it slowly and enjoy and it seems to sort out the urge of moving arm to mouth and putting something in. i also become a very addicted "internet window shopper" and looking at all the clothes i would like to buy when i am at the weight i want to be at (this one works for me because it keeps my hands busy and keeps me focused and motivated to not go to the fridge and get something extra) hope this kinda helps as i said this is just what helped me get through the first week, also drinking as much water as you can take, it curbs your appetite and helps flush out all that excess weight!

Smile enjoy v-day with your man xx
thins-in
thins-in

Back to top Go down

Mrs5BD's Completely Honest Journal   Empty And so it begins.....

Post  Mrs5BD Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:12 am

I have had it. Sometimes I just hate myself. I am sooooo sick of eating to the point where I am so full I am uncomfortable or in pain. It depresses me that I eat like that, and that I allow my emotions to dictate what I put on my plate. I'm quite sure the earth will not spin off its axis and fall into the sun if I decide to not lick my plate clean. Who put my stomach in charge? Why can't my stomach tell my mouth to stop delivering food when the brain has said 'that's enough'?

Case in point. I went to breakfast (a rare occurrence) with my also obese cousin this morning. I ordered breakfast, it was a huge plate of food, it tasted great, I got full, but I still I ate everything on it.

As thins-in said, I need to pick a day and just start. So I'm picking tomorrow. Starting 5BD. I do have an outing next Saturday and I will eat more, but no more than 20 bites for the day.

I am also going away for a few days in two weeks, and I HATE getting on a plane when I am fat. I've never needed a seatbelt extension or anything like that, but I don't enjoy sitting and making sure my arms and legs aren't touching anybody else. Hopefully I can get some good results before the trip. Then while I'm away I'll allow myself 20 bites a day also, but skipping breakfast.

I do not look forward to my weigh in tomorrow as I will be holding some monthly bloat, but I have to know where I am coming down from. I might also try some pants on, and try to be in them for the trip away.

pig My rules pig
No breakfast.
No caloric drinks.
6 days of 5biting a week minimum.
1 day of 20bites, only if social situations require.
Weigh in weekly on a Sunday. No sneaky scale checking.
No gluten and only lowcarb bites.

@ Thins-in. OMG, I totally forgot about Kirks SF Creaming Soda, I I love you that stuff. And it tastes so good out of a fancy wine glass.

Mrs5BD
Mrs5BD

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:07 pm

Yay.. you are finding your groove.. I think we all eat till busting and that is why we are here.. well maybe not all of us..me for sure.. You are doing so great.. keep going!!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:00 pm

I'm just going to be honest and say that I have never had any prolonged success with trying to alter this diet in any way. Those are just excuses I try to make in order to make this easier and before I know it I'm in full on binge mode. Also, exercising a lot while on this doesn't seem to work out very well. I mentioned that I'm reading the Fat Switch and in that book they recommend no more than 30 minutes a day (first thing in the morning), but they want it to be strenuous/heart elevating/sweaty. But exercising does make you hungrier, so it's a catch 22. Also, the longest streak on this diet that I have ever had was 14 solid days...after that I seem to break down and then it takes a while to get going strong again. I can say that while on this diet and going back and forth a lot I was able to lose 30 pounds, but I've gained it back and I'm restarting again today. The most important thing is that your mind is right. The doctor talks about this in the book that there are 2 kinds of people...people who hate the fat and people who just want to lose weight. We've got to hate the fat so much that we are willing to eat only 5 bites in order to get rid of the fat. I've had a problem with this because while I hate the fat, I have a love affair with the food. If I could switch my thinking over and look at the food and see fat, then I could make a lasting change. What has happened to me is that I get on these spurts of control and then go nuts eating. This will continue until I truly get it!

I found the diet on some site that listed hundreds of diets and I just happened to click on it. I think you can order the book directly from Dr. Lewis' website: www.theslimmingstation.com

I'm here to support you in any way I can on your weight loss journey. I believe in this diet...if you do it, you will lose weight. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Snow White on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:29 pm

Love the name of your account btw.

I have been MIA for a while but just recently came back to 5 bite. I don't have any experience altering the diet but that is because I strongly believe that by day 3 the hunger drastically decreases. I think the shrinking the stomach part is the key that holds this diet together. I know it is hard, but I would try to just do 5 bites and keep at it. You can do HUGE mouthfuls but stick to 5.

My first day back on plan I drank extra coffee to keep me going and I drank water before I ate to help with fullness. My coffee had creamer and splenda but I still lost 2lbs. So maybe get a great calorie/non calorie drink and use that as a buffer to get through the 3 days. By day 3 you will probably feel less hungry and have a greater chance of success. The more bites the larger our stomachs remain and the hungrier we will feel.

Oh I occasionally do low carb too and then binge. I have found that with low carb binges I gain a ton of weight back very quickly. On 5 bite, i recover from a binge with minimal damage made. So I've given up on law carb for good. The weight loss is great, but it isn't forgiving to those who fall off plan.

Just my 2 cents, but as always there are lots of ways to skin a cat and no one but you can decide what is best. Either way, glad you are here and fighting the good fight with all of us. Keep it up.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Mrs5BD's Completely Honest Journal   Empty She's got it, by Jove she's got it!

Post  Mrs5BD Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:47 am

So I've had a week away, trying to get my head around 5 bites.
Then I woke up 2 days ago and every thing had fallen into place.
I've worked out I need to drink the coffee, and the water, and the diet soft drinks. Also, I find that if I delay eating for as long as possible and save myself a bite or two for after dinner I can manage a lot better.
I've also been working on hating my fat as Snow White said, not just wanting to lose weight.

Oh, I do have one little issue, my scales broke Sad but instead of rushing out and buying new scales and checking my weight daily/weekly or whatever I am just going to trust the process for the next few weeks and check my progress via the way my jeans fit. I can get very hung up on what the scales say, and I have a tendency to let them determine how I feel and what sort of day I am having, and I really don't need that.

Day 1 - 8 bites
10am. coffee with splash of lite milk
12pm. another coffee when I felt hungry
1:30pm. a bite of meat patty. I started feeling sick and hungry so ate a bite of food.
4pm. another bite of meat patty
6:30. 2 bites lamb, 2 bites tomato
9pm. 2 last bites of meat patty
Diet lemonade

Day 2 - 10 bites
9am. Coffee with splash of almond milk
11:30. Another coffee
1:30. 1 bite brownie. The whole thing was one bite, but I cut it into quarters.
3pm. Walnut stuffed date
5pm. Peanut butter cup
6:30. 4 bites meatballs, 2 bites blue cheese pumpkin purée.
9pm. Peanut butter cup
Diet lemonade.

"your body keeps an accurate food journal regardless of what you write down"

I love you Carlye

Mrs5BD
Mrs5BD

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:56 pm

Sound great.. I do not WI either.. anymore that is.. maybe once in a while..lol.. my clothes will tell me how I am doing.. the scale make it feel to much like a diet.. Very Happy Great Job!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:15 pm

I need to weigh every day for accountability. Last year I lost 35 pounds and only went down one size. I would have been very discouraged if I had not weighed myself and only gone by my clothing size. My body is losing last gained first out...and it's the first gained that makes me look so fat. I'm not going to have any pleasure about looking in the mirror until I hit my goal weight because of this. Everyone is different and you just have to do what works for you and whatever keeps you devoted and motivated to stay on the plan.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs5BD Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:17 pm

So hubby reminded me last night that we have scales on the Wii Surprised
My old scales were very accurate, and I had weighed 2 days before they died. BUT I think it will be good to have at least 1 WI on the Wii before I buy new scales. Normally I would just buy them, but we're going to Melbourne in 9 days and I'm saving my pennies for shoe shopping Smile

I bought a book yesterday for my iPad called The Beck Diet Solution. It's about programming your behaviors (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) to think like a thin person. Each day for 6 weeks there are tasks to do, so it's a diet book that can be applied to which ever diet you choose. She suggests you choose 2 diets so if you fail you have the backup ready to go. Obviously I have chosen 5BD and my back up is 30BD. I am also programming an app I have (My Diet Coach) with helpful little 5BD tips and reminders to help keep me on track during the day.

A few goals.
1. Size 14 (US10) jeans for my 40th birthday parties in July. [Currently a size 20/US14]
2. Conceive baby and have a healthy pregnancy with minimal gain, or even lose some fat.
3. Get BMI down to 19 after second goal is finished.

Happy Five Biting
I love you Carlye
Mrs5BD
Mrs5BD

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:29 pm

I've read that book...very interesting.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs5BD Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:00 pm

Day three went extremely well. I did have some unexplained dizziness for a few minutes today, but it was no big deal, didn't need to eat to make it go away.

Drinks: 3 coffees with splash of almond milk, water and SF creaming soda
3 bites rice crackers with French onion dip
1 bite sesame snap
3 bites lamb and pumpkin mash
2 bites salami and blue vein cheese
1 bite pizza

When I put my rings on this morning they slid on easily, a week ago they were that little bit tighter. Yay, cos I have some nice rings that I look forward to wearing again soon Smile

Mrs5BD
Mrs5BD

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:03 pm

That is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Fab!!!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Have a Super Day!

Debbie
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:15 am

Good job sticking to your plan that's awesome Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs5BD Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:57 am

I really have to find some energy from somewhere Sad
I could sleep all day if I had the chance, I started taking a new supplement tonight, hope that helps.

Today was boot camp. I'm knackered, and a bull-ant bit me on the ankle, ow!!

B: black coffee
L: 5 bites meatballs
D: same
Extra: I had 3 tiny protein cookies after workout.

I seriously doubted I had the stamina to stay upright on my scooter on the ride home.
I was pretty surprised that I didn't feel like eating anything else when I got home.
So I'm not sweating those 3 extra bites.

I'm not exercising to lose weight, I'm doing it solely to increase my fitness.
Exercising for weight loss is like eating salad for marathon training, it just doesn't work.

Oh, the wii got set up today, it's been a long time since I was on it, but in that time I've lost 11.3kg.
Now that it is set up I'll do ten minutes of yoga each morning.

I've also done some math on my goal. It's 20 weeks until my birthday, so I need to lose 1.65kg a week to be at my first goal weight of 75kg. If I stick to 5 biting like I plan to then I should exceed my goal.

Hey Dmac, I think I will give the snickers a go for the next three days Very Happy

Mrs5BD
Mrs5BD

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:16 pm

You can do it!!! bounce bounce
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs5BD Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:17 pm

Just ordered the book, I wanna do this properly, so I figure it is a small price to pay.
Hopefully it will be here in the next two weeks.
Mrs5BD
Mrs5BD

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:47 am

You will love the book....very enlightening.
So, what is your current weight?
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next