5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9 more lbs to my goal

4 posters

Go down

9 more lbs to my goal Empty 9 more lbs to my goal

Post  TheNextFiftyYears Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:06 pm

Weigh in today lost .2 lb down to 119 even.

I had four extra bites yesterday. I was very hungry yesterday and the only thing different was I went to decaffeinated coffee. Today I awoke with more energy than any other day since I started the diet. I even feel like exercising today.

Possible reasons for lower number today:

1) that's just how it is going to be from now until I get to my goal because I am within 9 lbs.
2) switching to decaf
3) four extra bites made enough of a difference - seems sort of impossible
4) constipation is weighing me down Mad
5) just a fluctuation and I shouldn't be weighing myself daily

I'll just try to eliminate variables and see if it makes a difference tomorrow.
TheNextFiftyYears
TheNextFiftyYears

Back to top Go down

9 more lbs to my goal Empty Re: 9 more lbs to my goal

Post  Snow White Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:03 pm

I like to weigh myself daily b/c it helps me to pinpoint what is going on. The constipation can be a real problem...I have written about it extensively in my journal and that will happen on this diet just b/c you don't have as much waste to expel...but what you do have can weight you down.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

9 more lbs to my goal Empty Everyday fluxuations??

Post  TheNextFiftyYears Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:45 pm

Day 8 February 26 = 119.5 (increase of .5 lbs.)

:Thanks Snow, I appreciate the feedback. I have read some of your journals and they are very helpful to me. Helps me to understand some of the normal stuff to happen.

I was disappointed this am because I am up .5 lb from yesterday. But, I also know that monthly I can fluctuate up to 2 lbs. It is easy to get excited about the immediate progress this diet shows and get discouraged at this point where you aren't getting the 1lb a day average.

I also had a cup of chicken bouillon soup after dinner last night and the night before. Although a teaspoon is only 5 calories, there is a lot of sodium in it. I think that on top of my monthly cycle has me holding water.

I have to keep the faith. I've been doing 5 bites for lunch and 5 bites for dinner. Usually my one extra bite is in the evening as a desert of some type. I like banana pudding, so I have a bite of that.

What I noticed on this diet is that all food tastes so much better. That first bite of everything is like heaven!!('cat')

Thanks for the support.

Last edited by TheNextFiftyYears on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cause I miscounted the numbered day I was on the diet)
TheNextFiftyYears
TheNextFiftyYears

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs5BD Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:26 am

That is so true when you say the first bite of everything tastes like heaven.

Apparently there is a 3 bite rule (like 5 wasn't restrictive enough Smile) where they say....

When you take the first bite, generally you are fully present (because you’re so excited to bite into that food that you’ve been salivating over) – and when fully present, you are able to taste 100% of the food.   When you take a second bite, you are able to taste 50%; third bite is 25% and, yes, exactly – by the time you get to the 4th bite it is pretty much over.

I have been very selective with my bites, and unless the food is particularly yummy I try not to have more than three bites of that particular food. I am eating 10 bites Smile

Read more: http://blog.beliefnet.com/ourladyofweightloss/2011/10/the-3-bite-diet-simple-easy-and-guilt-free.html#ixzz2M55y5xSs

Last edited by Mrs5BD on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification of my point)
Mrs5BD
Mrs5BD

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:06 pm

You are so correct!! I am the same.. if a food is sooooooooooooo great.. then I give it great attention.. if not.. I do not eat it.. lol.. but so true the first 3 are enough to enjoy!

Have a great day!
Debbie
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down