CANT. DO. IT =(

Go down

CANT. DO. IT =( Empty CANT. DO. IT =(

Post  chri92 on Mon May 24, 2010 7:32 pm

I can't stick to this!!!!
I do my five bites for lunch and dinner and its fine but then come 8 o clock...the freakin hunger monster in me goes on a rampage and I binge on everything i lay my eyes on!!!
i keep telling myself tomorrows a new day....but that just drives me to eat more!

HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!
does any one have any tips on what to do to suppress your appetite towards night time cause I NEED IT!!!?????????

chri92

Back to top Go down

CANT. DO. IT =( Empty Re: CANT. DO. IT =(

Post  Dani on Mon May 24, 2010 8:13 pm

I use coffee to suppress my appetite, but that may not be a good idea in the evening. I have been also using sugar-free popsicles. They taste good, but are pretty much calorie free liquids, so I can have as much as I want Very Happy

Dani

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. on Mon May 24, 2010 8:19 pm

Try not too lose focus. You really need to buckle down and finish the first three days perfectly then you wont be so hungry. Sometimes nighttime munchies attach me and I make a cup of hot tea. The hot liquid helps fill me up. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. Nighttime binging or emotional eating can really sabotoge a diet. But try and picture yourself fit. This evening instead of eating try telling yourself that if you can stick to it this one day then the scale will be lower in the morning. Anything you will eat won't make you feel better in the long run. I wish there was a magic trick I could tell you but the bottom line is that this diet is hard. If dieting was easy then no one would be fat. So hold your head up, tell yourself you will give it a perfect seven days and hold yourself to it. This is a marathon, take it one bend at a time. Keep remembering how much the finish line will be worth it.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

CANT. DO. IT =( Empty idea

Post  Snow White on Tue May 25, 2010 2:12 pm

Celestial Seasons makes some really effective relaxing teas like: Sleepytime. If it's really bad, drink a couple of cups of Sleepytime and go to bed and try to get some sleep.

Other ideas:
give your self a manicure and a pedicure

brush & floss your teeth

get yourself involved in painting something or making a needle craft or other craft (the thing about crafting is that your mind and hands are kept busy doing something positive---also you have to keep your hands clean so that you don't get your craft dirty---so you can't snack while you're doing it

try something new and fun that you can do at home

read a book

watch a movie

do a puzzle

write letters to friends and family

I'm telling myself these things as I am writing them to you. I have to get it through my head that there are other enjoyable things to do besides eat. Eating should not be my hobby or the thing I most look forward to doing. I mean when you go to "Hobby Lobby," there is no food there. Eating is a displaced hobby for me. I love my work to no end, but I can't just work or research for work all the time. I've got to find ways to keep myself busy doing activities that are enjoyable that don't involve destroying my body by eating food that my body does not need.

I'm going to repost and see if we can create a large list of other activities that can be done instead of eating.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Wed May 26, 2010 2:52 pm

discipline, think to urself "just 3 days" thats all u have to battle this monster for. then its over.

also, when u wake up u think u would be hungry, but ur really not. uve had the night to deal with it in ur sleep, and in the morning, u might not even be hungry for breakfast, its just lunch that get sticky.

u have to decide that ur not going to eat after a certain point, or a time, or bites etc. and tell urself that after 7pm for example- ur not going to eat, and thats the end of that. dont give urself wiggle room until u KNOW that u can handle it and not lose control- it takes some time, but u will get there.

ideas: do something else!!! watch TV if that doesnt trigger eating for u, do some work, do some jumping jacks, go for a walk, talk to someone, surf the internet, read the news, do something that uve been putting off, clean, anything else thats not eating and ull be set till u go to bed.

The tea idea is SUPER, it really helps, cuz ur putting something in ur mouth and getting some flavor which was really all u wanted anyway. mint tea i think is great since the flavor is strong enough thatu dont need to add much sweetner and u can get that minty freshness that brushing ur teeth would give u, but at the same time u get some liquid in ur stomach.

hope that helps!! hang tough u can do this!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  rachee08 on Sat May 29, 2010 12:34 am

sometimes I make chicken (or beef if you prefer) bullion broth with Mrs. Dash in it and it feel like I'm having something of substance but its a 5 calorie bowl of soup. hehe only broth no solids so its the same as liquids and the sleepytime tea ROCKS! I get cinnamon spice... (VERY cinnamon-y) hehe sooo don't let it steep very long. and I do popsicles too! Smile
rachee08
rachee08

Back to top Go down

Post  Brighteyes1385 on Sat May 29, 2010 1:44 am

Whenever I feel really hungry and just feel like I HAVE to have something or I'll go nuts I just make myself some flavored hot green tea or an iced tea with the splenda that has fiber in it and that helps a lot! Smile Good luck I hope you can get through this tough time!

Brighteyes1385

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:04 pm

Chri92... I know the feeling!!!

What everyone has said is great!!!

Please don’t give up... it may take ages to get the diet but i have read over and over again that it is possible to do it!

Just have to NOT GIVE UP!!!

Keep being awesome and reaching the goals u have in your sights!

YOU CAN DO THIS... WE ALL CAN!!!

COME ON PEOPLE BELIEVE IN YOUR SELVES :p
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scarlilly on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:28 am

I know how you feel. The hunger hurts so badly that I have trouble sleeping. But I found something that is awesome. I drink chocolate flavored decaf coffee with sweetener. It works so good! And it tastes really good. I would not be able to survive this diet without it.
Scarlilly
Scarlilly

Back to top Go down

CANT. DO. IT =( Empty Chocolate drink?????

Post  Snow White on Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:10 am

Scarlilly, Please post the brand name so we can try it!

Thanks! : ))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

CANT. DO. IT =( Empty hunger

Post  Bite_On_This on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:46 pm

get outta the house!!! drink lots, join a gym/fitness classes Smile Distraction can turn into productiveness and even a new passion...you're creating a new you :p

Bite_On_This

Back to top Go down

Post  Morticia on Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:56 pm

Scarlilly wrote:I know how you feel. The hunger hurts so badly that I have trouble sleeping. But I found something that is awesome. I drink chocolate flavored decaf coffee with sweetener. It works so good! And it tastes really good. I would not be able to survive this diet without it.

Decaf coffee is really bad to have when trying to sleep. Decaf still contains a little amount of caffine.
Morticia
Morticia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum