5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dasher's Check-In

+2
smhsince91
Dasher
6 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Dasher's Check-In - Page 2 Empty Re: Dasher's Check-In

Post  smhsince91 Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:50 am

I agree with Snow! When I read about your card idea, the first thing I thought was, that would be a great diet book! I want a signed copy too! lol Smile
smhsince91
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:46 pm

I am just thrilled with your idea and I'm holding you to the signed copy!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce 

Take Debbie seriously about marketing your book! She is very good at what she does! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

I'd love to see you weigh in every day and post your numbers.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Dasher's Check-In - Page 2 Empty Challenge Day Three

Post  Dasher Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:29 am

Snow White wrote:
I'd love to see you weigh in every day and post your numbers.

I'm not weighing in for 100 days, don't try and tempt me! But if you want to come over everyday I'll step on the scale and close my eyes and you can keep track.

I just don't need/want daily feedback, it will only feed into my desire to tinker with the diet. That's my rationale. Stepping on a scale feeds my curiosity, but I usually fall into one of these situations:

1. I lost more than I expected. Which makes me think "Hell yes, let's celebrate!" And I'm tempted to eat something.
2. I didn't lose as much as I expected. Which makes me think, "Screw this, this isn't working." And i'm tempted to eat something and then start over with something new.

I definitely know I'm losing weight, I just don't know exactly how much and won't for a while. Trust me though, your curiosity can't be greater than mine.

Meal one - FiberOne Bar (150 calories)
Meal Two - Two slices of pizza, soda, candybar (1400 calories)
Average daily calories: 797

So for meal two I drew one of my 10 high-calorie meal cards. I was actually sad to see one go this early.

You'll notice I'm also tracking "average daily calories." In the end, this number will come out to 600 because of how I planned the diet out. So when this number is under 600 I feel like I'm "winning" because it means there are more high calorie meals left to go in the cards, and when it's over 600 I feel like I'm on a losing streak because it means future meals will be tougher.

I don't think I'll be able to check in tomorrow, but I will report back on Sunday. Have a good weekend everyone.

Dasher

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:39 am

You too.. Happy weekend
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Dasher's Check-In - Page 2 Empty Challenge Day Four and Five

Post  Dasher Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:14 am

Day Four
Meal One: Pasta fagioli (400 calories)
Meal two: Cereal (160 calories)

Day Five
Meal One: Cheeseburger/Soda (580 calories)
Meal Two: Two chicken wings (160 calories)

Average daily calories: 738

Still plugging away. If I had to guess I'd say I'm down around 10 pounds or so. While I won't be stepping on a scale for another 95 days, there will be some benchmarks I pass that will let me know about where I stand, weight-wise. Mainly in the form of clothes I've worn at certain weights.

If you think my diet is convoluted, you should see my exercise program, it too is based on playing cards and randomness. I'm sure you can probably tell a lot about a person by the weight loss program they're drawn to. I bet the 5-bite diet draws people who like a challenge, are slightly impatient, and are willing to take a risk.

Dasher

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:54 pm

Great Job you!cheers 
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:43 am

Dasher, please share your exercise card plan!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Dasher's Check-In - Page 2 Empty Challenge Day Six

Post  Dasher Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:31 am

Day Six
Meal One: Bacon/egg/cheese bagel, hash brown, OJ, coffee (1400 calories)
Meal Two: Fruit (100 calories)

Average daily calories: 865

Pulled another one of my "big meal" cards today. Not really happy about that. That means there are only 8 left for the next 94 days. But that's what happens when you leave things up to chance.

Snow White, I'll post my exercise routine on Wednesday. It's going to take a while to write it out.

6 days down, 94 to go. Always forward, never back.

Dasher

Back to top Go down

Dasher's Check-In - Page 2 Empty Challenge Day Seven

Post  Dasher Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:09 am

A full week in. I feel like I'm definitely on a roll now and have the momentum to see this through, although October 18th does seem a long way off.

Meal One: Pasta Fagioli (400 calories)
Meal Two: Pumpkin Seeds (170 calories)

Average daily calories: 823

Dasher

Back to top Go down

Post  smhsince91 Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:29 pm

Wow, you seem to be doing great! I'm impressed and inspired! Yes, October does seem like a long time away but it will be here before you know it.
smhsince91
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:37 pm

Great Job Dasher!!cheers cheers cheers 
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Dasher's Check-In - Page 2 Empty Challenge Day Eight

Post  Dasher Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:13 am

I drew another one of my big meal cards today. I'm not looking forward to a string of 200 calorie days in my future, but that's definitely going to happen at some point along this journey.

Day Eight:
Meal One: Pineapple (100 calories)
Meal Two: Bacon Habanero Ranch Quarter Pounder, Fries, Soda (1400 calories)
Average daily calories: 908

I said I would write up my exercise routine. First I should say that I'm not exercising for the purpose of losing weight. I'm exercising to keep my head in the game and because I think if you lose 100 pounds with exercise you end up looking better than you do if you lose 100 pounds without exercise.

I didn't want to make exercise mandatory, because then it becomes something you have a chance of failing to do and that can make you want to start all over. I didn't want to fall in that trap. So I decided to leverage something I enjoy, watching tv and movies, to force me to exercise. So here's what I did. I took another deck of cards and assigned an exercise routine to all the values (Ace thru King). Now, if I want to watch a tv show or movie, I have to draw a card from the deck and do whatever it tells me in order to earn that leisure time. So that means I can never use the excuse that I don't have time to exercise, because the only time it's mandatory is when I want to plop myself on the couch and watch tv.

I choose a wide variety of exercises, in a broad range of fitness categories, to affect every part of the body in a variety of different fitness discipline (strength, speed, cardiovascular endurance, balance, etc). And the duration of the exercises gets more intense as the challenge goes on (for example one of the cards is the "walking" card. On day one of the challenge, that card would indicate I have to walk one block. On day 100 it indicates I have to walk 100 blocks. The other categories aren't that great a difference but intensity or duration does increase for pretty much all of them.)

Here are the categories:

Ace: This is facial exercise from these old Jack Lalanne shows that are up on youtube. Yes, facial exercises. I swear I'm a heterosexual male. But I figure why not exercise the one part of your body that will be visible to everyone after your weight loss.

www.youtube.com/user/swaldo2000/search?query=face

Two: An abs circuit. Building up to Ab Ripper 200 from the Power 90 series.

Three: Jack Lalanne again. I have a series of DVDs of his old shows from the 50s/60s. They're a blast to watch and good exercise too. I do an episode each time I draw a three.

www.jacklalanne.com

Four: I do a series of isometric exercise. These are exercises where you're not really moving, you're just using your strength to hold your body in certain positions. Like wall-sits or planks.

Five: A series of exercises with a sledgehammer called Shovelglove.

www.shovelglove.com

Six: A series of exercise with indian clubs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_clubs

Seven: Balance exercises on the WiiFit.

Eight: Cleaning. It's not really exercise but it burns calories and it reminds me to clean my apartment.

Nine: Juggling with weighted juggling balls. The balls are only a couple pounds each. Which doesn't seem like much, but it is the equivalent of doing 80 curls with each arm every minute. It can wear you out quick. I'm building up to 10 minutes.

http://www.seriousjuggling.com/weighted-juggling-balls.htm

Ten: Uhm... I don't know how to put this... Embarassed It's a series of exercises to increase stamina, endurance, longevity in the... uhm... bedroom. Hey, I did say "every part of the body." Why leave out that aspect of life when working out? If you're doing it right, you're going to be using certain muscles. Might as well keep them in good shape.

Jack: Dancing! shake that ass, burn some calories.

Queen: Tabbata protocol. An intense exercise regime that I do with shadow-boxing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-intensity_interval_training#Tabata_regimen

King: Walking

There you have it. I can go through a deck of cards in about 8-10 days. So on average I'll hit each of these exercise routines once every 2-3 days.

Dasher

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:26 pm

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!! Your really have a very aggressive plan there:twisted: Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil  Thanks for sharing.

Debbie
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Dasher's Check-In - Page 2 Empty Challenge Day Nine

Post  Dasher Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:19 am

Day Nine
Meal One: Fiber bar (150 calories)
Meal Two: KFC, Fries, Soda (1400 calories)
Average Daily Calories: 973

My god, another high-calorie card. Four in the first 9 days. Meaning there's 6 left for the last 91. I was tempted to shuffle it back into the decks, but I don't want to get into the habit of not doing what the cards tell me to do. I'm looking at these 100 days like bootcamp, I'm just following orders. (I'm sure I sound like a sociopath)

Last edited by Dasher on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dasher

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:56 am

Dasher, thanks so much for posting your exercise routine. I know that was time consuming for you and I really appreciate it! I'm going to give it a try with my exercises. I'll just write it on index cards and shuffle them up...now to figure out 12 exercises I actually want to do...tricky!

Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:23 am

Its great you have that before pic.. Thank you for sharing. What a great idea you had about the cards:D 
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Dasher's Check-In - Page 2 Empty Challenge Day 10 and 11

Post  Dasher Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:40 am

Day 10
Meal One: Bacon/Egg/Cheese Bagel, Hashbrowns, Juice Coffee (1400 calories)
Meal Two: Yogurt (140 calories)

Day 11
Meal One: Chicken Wings (240 calories)
Meal Two: Protein Shake (260 calories)

Over ten days in. No stopping now.

I do have a couple weeks of vacation in the coming months. I know I won't be sticking to my playing card diet those days (but I won't go off the rails either), so they probably won't count towards my hundred days. Which means my end date will be a little later than expected. Probably close to halloween. That gives me a great idea for a costume. I suspect I'll be about 80 pounds down by then and I'll go to a party and see people that I haven't seen in a while. So I'll get some padding and make it look like I haven't lost any weight. And when people say, "Why didn't you wear a costume," I'll say, "I did, this is me three months ago." Then I'll pull out the padding and start strutting my hot self around. Brilliant!

Dasher

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:15 pm

LOL.. Love you idea.. that will be a great day! Wish I could be a fly on the wall.Twisted Evil 
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Dasher's Check-In - Page 2 Empty Challenge Day Twelve

Post  Dasher Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:32 am

Day Twelve
Meal One: Chicken Wings (160 calories)
Meal Two: PBJ and Milk (430 calories)
Average Daily Calories: 949

The heat-wave in NYC finally broke a little today. I'm looking forward to autumn like crazy. Not just because it's my favorite season, but because this experiment will be over. But whenever things seem a long way off I just remind myself that this time is going to pass one way or the other. Might as well devote myself to what I want rather than look back three months from now and wish I had.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Dasher

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:46 pm

Great attitude!!! The time will pass anyway! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:40 pm

I agree!

Fall is my all time fav also.. I am not a summer girl.. never have been.. Hiking, biking in the fall is so great.. no summer bugs.. just great. 6 more weeks and we almost there.. its a very hot 101.5 today here in Kelowna BC .., eeek
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Dasher's Check-In - Page 2 Empty Challenge Day Thirteen

Post  Dasher Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:21 am

Day Thirteen
Meal One: Baked Beans (260 calories)
Meal Two: Spinach (160 calories)
Average Daily Calories: 908

Dasher's Check-In - Page 2 Osbns210

Dasher

Back to top Go down

Dasher's Check-In - Page 2 Empty Challenge Day 14

Post  Dasher Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:51 am

Whoa, two weeks in.

Day Fourteen
Meal One - Vegetables (160 calories)
Meal Two - Snickers Bar (250 calories)
Average Daily Calories: 873

Dasher

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:59 pm

Your meals are sounding a lot better now...wish you'd get on the vegan train w/me!

Also, I wish you would weigh in at least once a week! I'm dying to know how it's going!

Can you tell any differences in how your clothes fit or anything?
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Dasher's Check-In - Page 2 Empty Challenge Day Fifteen

Post  Dasher Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:14 am

Well, I can't give an exact number, but I would guess I'm down about 20 pounds at this point. As far as going vegan... that's not going to happen. You'll be on that "vegan train" yourself. And I'll be here at Pizza Station. (yes, I know there's vegan pizza, not my thing though). I've actually been a vegetarian for the most part for a couple years now. But for the purposes of this diet I've reintroduced some meat meals.

Day Fifteen
Meal One: PB&J and Milk (430 calories)
Meal Two: FiberOne bar (150 calories)
Average daily calories: 853

Dasher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next