5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Hurrah!

3 posters

Go down

Last Hurrah! Empty Last Hurrah!

Post  shinichan18 Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:10 pm

I have come back for my last go at this diet. I realize in the past that I always promised to stick to this diet and as I look back, sure it may be hard for the first few days but it produces such wonderful results. I have a little bit of an emotional eating problem but I do believe I can begin to learn to control it. I overeat a lot, sometimes to the point of pain and then it becomes really, really uncomfortable. So I took a chance and looked up the effects of overeating on your body and I as I sit here typing, my stomach is still paining me from last nights overeating. Some of the short term effects are: Bloating, Upset Stomach, Gas, Fatigue, even Diarrhea. But to see that I could get Kidney Stones, Diabetes, or even Heart Disease from overeating in the long term kinda scares me. So I want to focus on this diet to help bring my overeating under control or even help heal it. Either of these options I would be grateful for. To make it a bit easier, I am going to focus on eating oatmeal for my 10 bites, since all I have to do is pour hot water into the bowl and begin eating it. I realize I have a little bit of a hypoglycemia problem since I am overweight, but I believe as I lost the weight it will heal itself as well. So I suppose I am doing this for the weight loss but also more so that I can get away from the pain I keep inflicting on myself.

Starting Weight - 9/6: 197

Lunch: 5 bites of Quaker Oatmeal Apple Walnut
Dinner: 5 Bites of Quaker Oatmeal Summer Medley

shinichan18

Back to top Go down

Last Hurrah! Empty Re: Last Hurrah!

Post  ElleBella Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:41 pm

I Wish you So Much Success!! We are all going through our unique pattern. I am on normal calories (1000,1200) as I do have binging if I eat less.. (Plus I also have so many funky medical problems..eeek) this keeps me happy and not reaching for everything in my path. I am not perfect.. and that is ok.. some days are Great.. others suck.. but hey such is life.. Do not be hard on yourself and realize how amazing you are. If this works for you.. Yay.. if not do not look back.. only go forward.. Very Happy 
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:32 pm

I struggled a lot on the 5 bites...so I have switched to 10 bites twice a day and that is much more manageable! I can do this without cheating and I'm losing a lot. I would suggest you try it. Also, please don't punish yourself with eating only one certain food...eat whatever your heart desires for your bites! Your bites should be pleasurable.

Good luck! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  shinichan18 Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:34 pm

Well I kinda failed yesterday, but I am going to brush myself off and try another approach. I may not lose the weight as fast but I realize my goal is in March 2014, so I think I could lose the 40-50 pounds by then. So like Snow White is doing, I think 10 bites at each meal will be a lot easier for me. I mean I can usually make it through the first meal but when it comes time eat the 2nd, I'm just so hungry and the food tastes so good because I'm so hungry so it gets very hard to stop. But something as simple as rotisserie chicken tasted wonderful which is nice cause usually food doesn't taste so awesome when I constantly eat or binge like normal and so I find myself hating it. I am up a little bit from yesterday, but I am ok with that. Thanks for all the words of encouragement too, the both of you =3.

Starting Weight: 197
Today's Weight: 199 - +2lbs

Lunch: 5 bites of pumpkin pancakes and 5 bites of scrambled eggs
Dinner: I have no clue yet lol

shinichan18

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:16 pm

That is a Fab plan. You might just find it to work for you very well.. Good for you for dusting yourself Girl.. thats what you have to do!!! Good luck today.. Enjoy your on plan day!!bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce 
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:28 am

Yes, view every meal as a new opportunity to be better than your last meal. I think you will find 10 bites is much easier to manage. I have really enjoyed the plan a lot more since switching to 10 bites. I am able to be much more consistent on a daily basis. Now you have those things that always come up like little vacations and get togethers and you just do the best you can and move from those times. You are doing great and I'm so glad you are here with us! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:16 pm

Hey you, How are you doing. I wish you a wonderful day.. bounce 
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  shinichan18 Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:42 am

Hey, I'm doing alright, thanks for asking. I did well at the beginning and I even made it well for dinner but since I was feeling a tad bit shaky I ended up eating about 20 bites or so more. Ah well, at least the way I'm seeing it is that at least I am eating less than I have been. Still I will try a bit harder to stick to around 20-35 bites in case I feel shaky again. I figure I should also keep journaling since I want to try and keep myself accountable for my actions.

Starting Weight 197
Today's Weight: ?

I'll weigh myself tomorrow and get an accurate number. Good Luck everyone on their plans!

shinichan18

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:24 pm

Sounds great.. good that you posted.. support is what we all need.. we are not perfect.. so take your time .. find your groove and move forward Very Happy 
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:26 am

Yes, please post every day no matter what kind of day you have. A bad day can turn into a bad week....a bad week can turn into a bad month and so on. If you post no matter what, we can support you and help encourage you and keep you on track. I've gone on hiatus here too and it does no good for your weight loss goals. It's better to just be honest and keep coming back and we'll be here for you! I love you I love you I love you I love you 
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  shinichan18 Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:55 pm

Well, sorry I didn't posted yesterday although it actually went pretty well. I actually got through yesterday on just the 20 bites in total which was a pretty big accomplishment. I was happy for that, even though today seems a little bit harder to get through. I always find myself questioning whether I can actually do this, whether I can actually continue to eat just 20 bites of food. I also find myself wondering at times if its even worth it, I mean its so easy to just eat. Trying to lose weight takes so much effort, but I want to wear smaller clothes, I want to be less self-conscious, I want to just overall feel better about myself and I even though its hard right now, I can only hope it'll get just a bit easier when I don't even have to think about eating just 20 bites. It will just come automatically and won't seem like the hardest thing in the world to do.

Starting Weight: 197
Today's Weight: 195

Lunch: 5 bites of Southern Style Chicken Sandwich with Mayo and 5 bites of parfait
Dinner: 10 bites of Rice and Beans with Vegetarian Beef Tips

shinichan18

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:20 am

I want you to look back a few pages on EllaBella (Debbie's) journal where she talks about a friend that did this diet and lost a ton of weight while we made excuses for ourselves...this woman chose to lose weight. I mean Debbie even told her about the diet! This really kicked me into high gear, seriously! You can do this...if others have done it, you can do it, too. Becoming a vegan has really helped me break a lot of my food addiction. I still occasionally have a vegan binge, but I don't obsess about food anymore the way I used to do. Once you decide that you ARE doing this, then you WILL do this. I'm glad you had a great day on plan! I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you 
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:00 pm

Snow is correct honey.. My girlfriend still calls me and says .. Well.. lol.. I and not any further along in weight loss... but I am getting so fit.. the weight is going to fallow.. 20 bites is fab.. You can do this.. Post away no matter what .. we are here .. Very Happy 
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum