5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farewell to Breakfast!

5 posters

Go down

Farewell to Breakfast! Empty Farewell to Breakfast!

Post  Houndy Thu May 01, 2014 6:44 pm

For years we have been told to eat every 3 hours and to eat breakfast to lose weight... but now I'm doing neither! Having researched the issue, I now believe it's best to exercise on an empty stomach and to extend the fast. After all, could Dr. Oz (and Hugh Jackman) be wrong?  Wink 
Houndy
Houndy

Back to top Go down

Farewell to Breakfast! Empty Breakfast

Post  KrisLee Thu May 01, 2014 7:43 pm

I too have always been told the same thing. The only thing eating that many times a day did was make me feel bloated, gain weight instead of lose it, which just made me feel more unhappy about my weight. I also have been reading about the starvation mode, whether it is  fact or myth. From my own personal experience, I was always told to start at 1200 calorie a day diet and if I couldn't lose on that amount to up my calories to 1400 and if still no loss up it another 100 until I saw a loss. I never did see any losses just gains trying that. So for me, the answer is not increasing my calories but decreasing. Which makes sense to me how can a body loss weight by eating more food, more often instead of creating a calorie deficit. Take care

KrisLee

Back to top Go down

Farewell to Breakfast! Empty Re: Farewell to Breakfast!

Post  cnichols74 Fri May 02, 2014 9:36 pm

Well I for one had no problem not eating breakfast. I hate and have always hated eating this meal. I am not hungry at all in the morning and that has been the way i have always been. The moment I eat I want to eat all day. If I wait it out until the afternoon, I know that I can free up another meal later in the day and not go to bed feeling like I am starving to death. This being said, if I have to I will tweak the meals here and do the breakfast, (usually 2 sugar free slices of whole wheat bread and an egg) plus afternoon meal and no dinner. I read other posts on here about doing meals this way and they were successful. Also I have done no dinner before and it takes the weight off big time!! Obvious reasons are that you burn off what you eat the earlier you stop in the day. I think he did the diet this way to help people from getting hungry anyways, which at some point you will be hungry at times. Broth, tea, water, fillers with no calories is what I would plan to do in the evening to help ease with hunger pangs.
cnichols74
cnichols74

Back to top Go down

Farewell to Breakfast! Empty re: Farewell to breakfast

Post  Houndy Sun May 04, 2014 5:22 pm

I'm starting to like skipping breafast... saves me time and money and reminds me to start the day off right.
Houndy
Houndy

Back to top Go down

Post  Fleming426 Sat May 17, 2014 2:16 pm

I've never liked eating breakfast, so that part of the 5BD is no problem for me... I agree with Dr. Lewis that "the first meal of the day only serves to stimulate your appetite, and You invariably end up eating more that day".. I've always found that to be the case with me... I do best when I wait 'til about 2:00 for lunch, then around 7:00 for supper... if I keep myself busy, that works for me...

Fleming..........

Fleming426

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani Sat May 17, 2014 2:20 pm

I agree with Fleming. As soon as food enters my stomach it wants more, if I don't eat I am fine.

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down