5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DAY 1 Colorado Newbie

4 posters

Go down

DAY 1 Colorado Newbie Empty DAY 1 Colorado Newbie

Post  Annna Fri May 02, 2014 5:48 pm

Hi, After some digging into this, even though my counselor/nutritionist isn't thrilled, at my weight it's not a bad kick off.
I'm excited to do this! I am so excited I dreamnt about losing weight on this diet last night and for the first time in a VERY VERY long time looked forward to getting up in the morning. I'm NEwly divorced after seperated for a year & married 30yrs to a serial cheater/liar. so now I"m ready to live my life.

A little about me: Age : 48 Hght: 5'5" weight: 260 BMI: 43.3. Goal By Age: 32 JK  Smile  weight by July 22-220lbs. BMI 36.6

I have been exercising daily for 30 min 1-1.5 miles for 5 days, adding weights in next week. up until today I was on the South Beach ( just started last week) I've done it before, it worked, and I lost 5 lbs already. But I'm looking for more of a jump start to really help keep me motivated.

SO a couple of questions:
Since I've already been on SB for the last week, what are your suggestions on the whole snickers thing to start. I am afraid of a sugar crash/craving/crash cycle.

Also what about the drink whatever you want as long as it's no calories.. again-- sugar/crash/sugar

what have been your experiences?? Any tips, or advice?

Annna

Back to top Go down

DAY 1 Colorado Newbie Empty Re: DAY 1 Colorado Newbie

Post  PhoenixRising Fri May 02, 2014 6:02 pm

Been there myself! I got divorced a year ago from someone very similar! Congrats on your new life!

You don't have to eat Snickers, you can eat anything you want. Personally, I ate a Luna chocolate pb protein bar for lunch. I like easy and I like yummy so this worked. Also, if your drinks are zero calorie they shouldn't have any sugars. So diet soda and teas, water, etc., are fine and won't cause any sugar crashes. I make a zero calorie virgin margarita that is freaking awesome so I'm going to make that my nightly "snack".  Wink 

PhoenixRising

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Fri May 02, 2014 6:35 pm

Please post or pm me that recipe. It sounds delish!!!!

@ Annna- if you struggle with sugar, please feel free to stay away from snickers. He uses snickers as a quick easy reference of bite sizes and as one example of how it works.

I had 2 bites this afternoon and would have preferred something with more protein. But I am a sugar addict and know I need to reserve sweets for a must have. The good thing is if it a few bites, I will nit be cheating. And that psychological roller coaster probably leads to failure more than eating the "bad" item itself.

Go with what is working for you, but just monitor/ reduce your bites.

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  PhoenixRising Fri May 02, 2014 6:49 pm

[quote="Sexy123"]Please post or pm me that recipe.  It sounds delish!!!!

I simply buy the Great Value (Wal Mart) lime margarita drink mix (like Crystal Lite). One packet usually makes 64 ounces. Just mix it with a liter (ONLY a liter!!!) of diet tonic water....(I always, always salt the rim of my glass  I love you ) add ice and pour your virgin margarita in and enjoy!

PhoenixRising

Back to top Go down

DAY 1 Colorado Newbie Empty Thank you Both

Post  Annna Fri May 02, 2014 8:31 pm

I will definitely be making those margaritas! This is day 1 for me... so far so good, my "late lunch" after my workout consisted of 2 bites of sugar free natural crunchy PB, and 3 bites of maple and brown sugar oatmeal. and I'm sipping on a coke Zero. I feel really good about it, I'm a little hungry, but nothing I can't manager. the kicker is my boss just brought in about 2 dozen chocolate cupcakes for a going away little get together. the smell of them is delicious. but my rear-end doesn't need them!! STAYING STRONG!!.

So today so far:
multivitamin.
10:30 am workout- 2.7 miles on stationary bike calories burned- 170
12:15 2 bites low sugar crunchy PB.
12:30 3 bites maple/BS oatmeal.
continuing to sip on a coke zero

planned dinner 5 bites of meatballs. (the Ikea ones are the exact right size after cooking) & delish.

and I might just have to have one of those sugar free Margaritas  Very Happy 

since this is day one for me...... do you have any advice to get through the next 2 days.. I hear the first 3 are the hardest.
and would you mind sharing how much you lost that first week?

Annna

Back to top Go down

Post  JL's Mom Fri May 02, 2014 9:20 pm

My first three days weren't bad at all. So yours might not be either. I'm on my 7th day and I don't feel hungry at all. I had my 5b lunch at 12:00 and drinking some hot tea with stevia. Tea is the way to go if I feel like I'm going to get hungry. I'm having it now before I begin to get that feeling. Will be having dinner around 6 or 7.

Hopefully you won't go through the 3 day funk!! I didn't! We are all here for you!! Very Happy 

JL's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Annna Fri May 02, 2014 9:53 pm

JL's Mom wrote:My first three days weren't bad at all.  So yours might not be either.  I'm on my 7th day and I don't feel hungry at all.  I had my 5b lunch at 12:00 and drinking some hot tea with stevia.  Tea is the way to go if I feel like I'm going to get hungry.  I'm having it now before I begin to get that feeling.  Will be having dinner around 6 or 7.  

Hopefully you won't go through the 3 day funk!!  I didn't!  We are all here for you!! Very Happy 

Thanks! day one almost done, and so far no funk. we'll see tomorrow..

THANKS!!!

Annna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down