5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annna's take back journal

+3
Sexy123
MagicNumber3
Annna
7 posters

Go down

Annna's take back journal Empty Annna's take back journal

Post  Annna Sat May 03, 2014 3:14 am

First day, I guess this is where I'm supposed to log. just divorced after 30 years to a serial cheater/liar, ready to learn about me, love me, have the confidence to be me. and stop comparing myself to his GF & every other skinny woman. I'm so excited I found this diet on dr. oz. and this site!! as of today I am switching from South Beach it has worked in the past but is slow, limiting, expensive.

I actually bought a snickers bar, measured it into 5 bites so I knew what size of bites I should be eating  Smile 

currently work out 5 days a week at work, that is the only scale I use also.
walk at least 1 mile, keeping my heart rate at the fat burning level.
I do 25 sit ups every morning right out of bed.

first day: I don't drink coffee, so I just had my vitamin
Lunch: noon 2 bites of low sugar peanut butter, 3 bites low sugar maple/brown sugar oatmeal
Snack: 5:15 a measured, small bite of a hamburger patti and 2 bites popcorn chicken I was STARVING!!
Dinner 7:30 5 bites tyson popcorn chicken. - actually high in fiber to keep me full.

I also have been sipping on a coke zero since lunch.

current weight at 10:30 am, 260
1st goal 220 by July 22nd. If more that's even better.

I'm a little nervous I will be the one that loses so slowly it will be demotivating. or it won't work, I'm really trying.. and will do better tomorrow. :-)

Annna

Back to top Go down

Annna's take back journal Empty Re: Annna's take back journal

Post  MagicNumber3 Sat May 03, 2014 3:53 am

Hi Annna, I'm new here too!

I am so sorry to hear about your snake of an ex, but I'm glad you're no longer with him. I totally understand where you're coming from. I started losing weight last year (went back and forth between calorie counting, raw food and eating the same meals every day) because I was fed up of comparing myself to my boyfriend's exes (and other thin women!). I am the largest girl he's dated (the rest were tiny little things) and though he doesn't have much of a problem with my size, I do - so I did something about it! The 60 pounds that I've lost has certainly helped me in the confidence department and I'm sure it will for you, too.

I know what you mean about South Beach and less extreme mainstream diets being expensive, restricting and slow-going. My impatience is one of my worst nemeses, so I'm hoping for a fast journey with the 5BD (and like you, I fear I will be the exception who loses 1-2 lbs a week and having that demotivate me  silent )! What attracted me most to this diet, though, was that it seemed failproof if you follow the simple instructions. How could we not lose? We'd be true anomalies!

Anyway, good job on your first day! They say the first few days are the hardest, so just tough it out til day 4 or 5, shower yourself with oodles of positive self-talk and it'll be smoother sailing from there! Here's to us reaching our goals, loving ourselves, getting our lives back and gaining endless amounts of confidence!

MagicNumber3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Sat May 03, 2014 1:45 pm

Annna I am sure you will have a great day today. Just take it one bite at a time.

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Sat May 03, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi Annna! Welcome! I just wanted to let you know that 8 days ago i started at the exact same weight as you-260- and now am at 246. Yep- 14 pounds in 8 days. I did no magic- just followed 5 bites to the letter. And no exercise. Yes- you will feel hunger- but its not unbearable- the first 3 days are the worst- but if you can push through and believe in yourself- this will work for you. And i make sure i eat ALL my favorite foods- no matter how much fat or calories it has! I have hamburgers with cheese and mayo almost everyday- chinese food- pasta- whatever i am truly craving- today is eggs benedict! But i never ever go over 5 bites. Ever. I feel like that is the key. But this works for me for a couple reasons- i can eat ALL my favorite foods- and i need the structure. Its so simple-a no brainer really. 5 bites twice a day. Done. You don't even have to think about it after a few days. Its automatic. You can do this! The amount of confidence and happiness i feel just after a week is wonderful. Stick it out- its worth it!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Annna's take back journal Empty wow

Post  Annna Sun May 04, 2014 2:42 am

tammyjm10 wrote:Hi Annna! Welcome! I just wanted to let you know that 8 days ago i started at the exact same weight as you-260- and now am at 246. Yep- 14 pounds in 8 days. I did no magic- just followed 5 bites to the letter. And no exercise.  Yes- you will feel hunger- but its not unbearable- the first 3 days are the worst- but if you can push through and believe in yourself- this will work for you. And i make sure i eat ALL my favorite foods- no matter how much fat or calories it has! I have hamburgers with cheese and mayo almost everyday- chinese food- pasta- whatever i am truly craving- today is eggs benedict! But i never ever go over 5 bites. Ever. I feel like that is the key. But this works for me for a couple reasons- i can eat ALL my favorite foods- and i need the structure. Its so simple-a no brainer really. 5 bites twice a day. Done. You don't even have to think about it after a few days. Its automatic.  You can do this! The amount of confidence and happiness i feel just after a week is wonderful. Stick it out- its worth it!

oMGosh!! this brought tears to my eyes! Its so hard to imagine that much weight loss so fast! I was at 141 a year ago (divorce diet) and I would be SO happy to get back to that quickly! It's kind of hard to wrap my brain around having 5 bites of ... cheesecake, or steak, etc. and still losing weight so quickly. but I'm wanting this so badly!! I know I can do this! especially with all your support, I'm not alone!!

Annna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Sun May 04, 2014 2:59 am

How was your 5 bite day today Annna?

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Annna's take back journal Empty Day 2

Post  Annna Sun May 04, 2014 3:02 am

Ok so day 2- Saturday. after sleeping in a little, I had every intention of getting on the treadmill.... well we know what the word intention leads too Smile  I did still do my 50 sit ups, and I walk my dog several times a day.

I didn't wake up starving, but I did notice I was hungry when I walked my dog at 1AM. I didn't eat, just went back to sleep.

SO Day 2

no coffee, left my vitamins at work so only had B vitamins.
9:30-after my doggy walk, I was hungry and to stave off a binge. I had a 1/2 piece of provolone cheese.
12:30 1/2 toasted English muffin w butter, pb, and strawberry jelly-- 5 bites. 1 can of diet Sierra Mist
5:30 - getting that HUNGRY Bingy kind of feeling again, 1 small single popcorn chicken, 1 bite of reeses easter egg. 1 VERY small bite of a hard taco from taco bell.

8:00 1 bite of the taco.

I had every intention of getting the taco, adding some refried beans and having 5 bites... BUT the above along with a small amount of diet pepsi did me in. I felt very full, almost sick full. and I've only finished not even 1/4 of the pepsi. I need to get off the soda kick, I normally don't drink that much soda. but coffee and tea don't agree with my tummy if I have too much.

I know I went over a little bit, and i'm hoping it won't do me in. but it did keep me from binging. I've also started my own journal writing EVERYTHING down that goes into my mouth, along with a grocery list for this weekend. I WILL be doing my treadmill tomorrow after Church.

I'm still very excited, I've had no headache so far, just some binge craving.
I also took before pictures of me at different angles in my mirror on my phone, that is a HUGE motivator, I can look at them anytime and believe me, it resets my willpower! I'm anxious/scared to see my weight on Monday.

Annna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Sun May 04, 2014 3:11 am

Just keep going one bite at a time and it will come off. No worries!!! Congrats on a good day!!

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Annna's take back journal Empty thanks Sexy

Post  Annna Sun May 04, 2014 3:20 am

your encouragement means A LOT! I wasn't sure if today was a good day or not. I strive to really be strict.
and I've been having happy dreams since I decided to do this, is that part of this, or just me ?

Annna

Back to top Go down

Post  Annna Sun May 04, 2014 3:26 am

MagicNumber3 wrote:Hi Annna, I'm new here too!

I am so sorry to hear about your snake of an ex, but I'm glad you're no longer with him. I totally understand where you're coming from. I started losing weight last year (went back and forth between calorie counting, raw food and eating the same meals every day) because I was fed up of comparing myself to my boyfriend's exes (and other thin women!). I am the largest girl he's dated (the rest were tiny little things) and though he doesn't have much of a problem with my size, I do - so I did something about it! The 60 pounds that I've lost has certainly helped me in the confidence department and I'm sure it will for you, too.

I know what you mean about South Beach and less extreme mainstream diets being expensive, restricting and slow-going. My impatience is one of my worst nemeses, so I'm hoping for a fast journey with the 5BD (and like you, I fear I will be the exception who loses 1-2 lbs a week and having that demotivate me  silent )! What attracted me most to this diet, though, was that it seemed failproof if you follow the simple instructions. How could we not lose? We'd be true anomalies!

I'm sorry you too have had to experience the GF thing. I think its one of the worst things we can go through. We can do this though, and confidence is why I'm doing this. my weight holds me back from so much. and i'm tired of looking around and being the fat one, in the office meeting, or gym. I've also looked at Dr. Oz's how to minimize cellulite, and how to tone while losing large amounts of weight quickly. I'm in this to win it!! WE WILL DO THIS!!  Very Happy  Very Happy 

Anyway, good job on your first day! They say the first few days are the hardest, so just tough it out til day 4 or 5, shower yourself with oodles of positive self-talk and it'll be smoother sailing from there! Here's to us reaching our goals, loving ourselves, getting our lives back and gaining endless amounts of confidence!

Annna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Sun May 04, 2014 3:36 am

No it's not just you. Visualization is key to any success and this diet is so simplistic that a lot of us genuinely feel as though this is our last diet. So we dream, and smile and suffer through hunger pangs all because we can see our goals becoming reality...quickly.

So keep dreaming. Nice courage yourself any way possible. Every bit helps!!

I actually thought of my5 bite friends while I was struggling at the zoo today. I wanted to have a good report. So in addition to the dreams and encouragement, and sharing here. The accountability really helps as well.

p.s.- I am dreaming about whether I want to go to Brazil or Cancun for my anniversary this year. Why? Because I see myself sexy and confident relaxing on a beautiful beach somewhere not next year but in 3 months. Very Happy 

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Annna's take back journal Empty dream

Post  Annna Sun May 04, 2014 3:43 am

Very Happy 
Sexy123 wrote:No it's not just you.  Visualization is key to any success and this diet is so simplistic that a lot of us genuinely feel as though this is our last diet.  So we dream, and smile and suffer through hunger pangs all because we can see our goals becoming reality...quickly.

So keep dreaming. Nice courage yourself any way possible.  Every bit helps!!

I actually thought of my5 bite friends while I was struggling at the zoo today.  I wanted to have a  good report.  So in addition to the dreams and encouragement, and sharing here. The accountability really helps as well.

p.s.- I am dreaming about whether I want to go to Brazil or Cancun for my anniversary this year. Why? Because I see myself sexy and confident relaxing on a beautiful beach somewhere not next year but in 3 months. Very Happy 

That's so amazing, good for you! and yes you're right they are friends, and sharing here is accountability. What a dream! my dream is literal.. while I sleep my subconscious seems to be encouraging me by giving me confidence, and showing me things, feelings, even another person in my life. PS Brazil... been to Cancun some love it, I wasn't that impressed.

Annna

Back to top Go down

Annna's take back journal Empty Weigh in day

Post  Annna Mon May 05, 2014 5:19 pm

Today is day 4, I haven't weighed myself since day 1. and I've stayed on target.

SW- 260
CW-256.2 - this is a VERY close estimate, the needle was between 255 & 256, so I went with my gut.

3.8 lbs in 3 days! woo hoo cheers 

There is some satisfaction in seeing that needle go down... but I will have to break down and get my own digital scale this weekend.

Annna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Mon May 05, 2014 5:21 pm

Yeah!!!!! cheers 

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Mon May 05, 2014 8:42 pm

Good job Annna! It is very rewarding to see a smaller number. Always . You can do this-you have to belive in yourself and know we are here for you! Happy Monday!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Annna's take back journal Empty Day 4 accountability

Post  Annna Tue May 06, 2014 3:04 am

Thanks everybody. have I said how much your support helps!!

Day 4
50 sit ups
vitamins
workout
11:00 am cliff oatmeal raisin bar
2:30 I bite low sugar crunchy peanut butter
cup chai tea
8:30 5 bites popcorn chicken

st 260
cw 256.2
1st goal w- 230-240 by July 22

next weigh in. Wed. 5/7.  Smile 

Annna

Back to top Go down

Post  Annna Tue May 06, 2014 3:05 am

Sexy123 wrote:Yeah!!!!! cheers 

how are you? things better?

Annna

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicNumber3 Tue May 06, 2014 3:46 pm

Congrats on the loss Anna!  cheers  Keep up the awesome work, I know Weds will show even greater results!

MagicNumber3

Back to top Go down

Annna's take back journal Empty Day 5

Post  Annna Wed May 07, 2014 3:09 am

Well, today was a bit of a downer, I didn't work out due to an office meeting, so I tried to push lunch bites to an hour later... BArely made it my blood sugar was dropping FAST.. but I did it. only I had 8 bites. at lunch. mostly protiein.
was feeling a little discouraged.. then i got the news that I WILL have to go to mediation for my divorce from my serial cheating/lying husband, who I have been purposefully avoiding. NOT what I wanted to hear.
but it did re-motivate me big time. not so much for him,, although that will be a bonus... but for my own confidence. I want to walk in there head held high, feeling great, and know I'm in control of my eating and my life.

so, today.
50 situps
doggy walk
vitamin
no calorie flavored grape water
1 bite low sugar crunchy PB
3 bites egg salad
5 bites pork chop in a very small amount of ramen noodles, no seasoning.
doggy walk
50 leg lifts
realized, it was actually 9 bites,
so 1 bite pork chop
doggy walk.

tomorrow is weigh in day... nervous, REALLY want the scale to move down. no matter what, I'm sticking with it! I now have 22 days to make that number to down as much as I can Smile 

Annna

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicNumber3 Wed May 07, 2014 3:58 am

Hey Annna!

That stinks that you have to deal with ex in mediation. :\ But you're doing the right thing by allowing it to motivate you instead of derail you. Just think about how fabulous you're going to look and feel when he sees you!  Wink 

I'm also trying to see how low I can get within the next 22 days. My boyfriend is out of town until the 28th and we'll be seeing each other for the first time since mid-April.  Smile I want him to be knocked off his feet!

Anyway, you did an awesome job today staying POP - can't wait to see your weigh-in results tomorrow!

MagicNumber3

Back to top Go down

Post  Ani33 Wed May 07, 2014 4:16 am

Hiya, you are doing great! What a great first few days, keep up the good work!

Ani33

Back to top Go down

Annna's take back journal Empty Weigh in day.

Post  Annna Wed May 07, 2014 6:35 pm

today is day 6,  I was really nervous to get on the scale.... and maybe I shouldn't have done it.
I couldn't tell a difference.   true this is an old style scale "healthometer" brand the kind you turn a dial to calibrate manually, and watch the needle. and it's in a gym in an office and gets a lot of use, no idea how old it is- at a minimum 8yrs.    STILL... I would have expected it to go down. Crying or Very sad 

I"m not jumping off the diet just yet....  hard not to, but just not yet.   especially when it feels like I'm losing weight. and my clothes are fitting comfortable and not tight anymore.

I have plans to get a NEW digital scale for myself this weekend, and will be using that going forward.

Day 6
100 situps
doggy walk
zero calorie kool aid
15 min on eliptical / 10lb arm reps

• lunch: 11:30 snickers bar

evening plan.
doggy walk

• 5 bites chili

leg lifts
doggy walk

Could my fear really be true,,, I'm the one this doesn't work for?

Annna

Back to top Go down

Post  ja619 Wed May 07, 2014 7:11 pm

Annna,

I'm just a rookie starting on day 3, but stick with it! You are not going to lose weight every weigh in. Good luck!!!

ja619

Back to top Go down

Post  Melham1 Wed May 07, 2014 7:44 pm

Annna get yourself a digital scale for home and weigh yourself Naked and first thing in the morning after you have used the restroom.. So much can change from the time you get up and drink stuff and then get to work. I weigh different amounts from 1 hour to the next even if I haven't eaten anything.

You are doing great! Really pretty amazing.

Melham1

Back to top Go down

Post  Annna Wed May 07, 2014 7:52 pm

Thanks, I'll do that! I so wanted to be one of those that it just melts off. Looks like I"m really going to have to work at it. sigh
I know this is day 6, but only my 2nd weigh day.

I don't have my monthly visitor anymore haven't for 6yrs since my hysterectomy, but I'm on HRT. so I don't have that excuse.
I am 48, so I know my metabolism isn't what it was, which is part of why I work out daily. to help keep the fires that melt burning.

I'll start to weigh naked first thing in the morning before my situps. good advice Smile 

Annna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down