3jaysmom - Life is Good!

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

3jaysmom - Life is Good! - Page 2 Empty Re: 3jaysmom - Life is Good!

Post  3jaysmom on Mon May 24, 2010 4:13 pm

So, its Monday! The day I'm always so good! Here's the deal, my sister is coming to visit 1 month from now, so I want to lose 15 pounds. That means FIVE BITES!!! I need to do it hardcore for at least 2 weeks straight. I'm starting today with a special k bar. I did a 45 minute workout this AM, and I'm goin to keep that up on weekdays, maybe take the weekends off from the workout, but not the bites. I cant keep being good on weekdays, and then blowing it on weekends. Sad

I can do anything for two weeks. Two weeks of 5 bites, no cheating!!!
cheers If I do that, I'm sure I can make it another two.....

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Brighteyes1385 on Mon May 24, 2010 4:36 pm

You can so do it! We are all here to support you and keep you strong Very Happy

Brighteyes1385

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. on Mon May 24, 2010 6:19 pm

You can do it. I'm in the same boat. Back to basics, no cheating Smile
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Thu May 27, 2010 1:59 pm

Thanks, guys! I've been good, but I am fearfull because the weekend is coming up affraid
Mon-Fri is easy, with work and the kids sports schedules and all that stuff keeping me busy, but the weekends...too much temptation. The kids want to go out for ice cream, my husband wants mexican food, etc. I should stop even thinking of this and just go day by day...

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Fri May 28, 2010 1:35 pm

the weekend is always the worst for me too. Everyone is around and you just want to play with them!! But its alright- just monitor what goes in ur mouth. Im always suprised at how many times im like- reach for the cashew nut jar... NO STOP. and normally that would have been a little snack, and it would have been like 5-6 bites. Once i recognized that i was doing it tho- it was easier to keep my hand from snagging a few nibbles here or there out of boredom and NOT out of hunger.

good luck!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:32 pm

So, Fri I could finally say I officially lost 30 pounds!!! WooHoo! The only prob is, I did my typical party mode, and probably put a few on. On Sat night, I went out with friends and went a bit crazy, 3 shots of rum, a scorpion bowl, and 2 mai tais. Wowzers. So thats probably 1000 cals in drinks, at least, but no bites, ha ha . Laughing

I am going to try to sticking with the once a week weigh in. so even after the damage, I'm going to try to wait it out untill Fri, maybe I'll undo the damage before I even see it! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:08 pm

That is so great! Congrats!

Dani

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:01 pm

Sooooo, trying to do the "real" 5 bite today, so far, so good. No breakfast, special k bar lunch, and will have one for dinner. I want to see if I can do this for 5 days. I have not been able to in the past, but we'll see. I really want to lose 20 pounds this month, I know it can be done, I lost 20 in April (or was it march?), and it took 2 months to get the last 10 off. If I stay pretty strict for 2 weeks, I can probably get 10 off, and then 3 a week after...

Today I realized I needed to buy some new shorts, my old ones are falling off, but I had the "but I'm going to lose more weight" moment. What am I going to do, look frumpy for the next few months? So, I compromised and bought 2 pairs of shorts at wallmart, they were only 10 bucks each, so if they only fit for a month it's no big deal, and I bought them a little snug so they will still fit when I lose more. I'm so happy to have found this diet. I've only followed it strictly for 2 weeks or so, and have been very liberal over the last 2 months of it, and have kept losing (way slower, but I'm hardly putting any effort into it) This is the first time that I feel that once this weight is off, it will be off for good!! I have not eaten the way I used to even ONCE scince starting this, and I can't say the same about Weight watchers. Even on the days I go out and"mess up" I eat probably only 30% of what I used to. The whole counting bites thin Very Happy g has me so aware of what I put in my mouth (or how much, rather) I enjoy just having one or two bites of things rather that eat the whole thing. I feel so great! My rings are sliding around, that hasn't happened in 4 years! Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by 3jaysmom on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed info)

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:58 pm

Day 1 down, day 2 is here! Woke up hungry, but instead of breakfast, I did tae bo. To be honest, I'm still hungry, though. Going to wait it out!!! I have tons of errands to run today, so I'm going to get a huge coffee to get me through it.

Yesterday was so great, I ran into friends that I hadn't seen scince New Years, and they were like "you're starting to get your old body back! What workout are you doing?" It felt so great, so motivating. I know I have tons of weight left to lose,(30 is nothing to turn my nose up at, but I'm not even halfway!) but I am starting to feel like my body is finally out of "breeding mode". All of the weightlifting I've done over the past year is really showing now that its not being obscured by fat. Now, every workout I do, I feel like I'm actually getting somewhere. It makes going to the gym so much more fun when you feel like you can SEE results, instead of sweating it out for an hour or more a day, and still being fat as hell. The funny thing is that everyone assumes its from excercize, and I want to tell them its from 5 bite, but I don't want the "health" lecture, so I just say its eating less, and cardio that make the difference.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:10 pm

30 lbs is a HUGE accomplishment, no matter how much time it took u to get there!! When people ask me about the weight loss i kinda just go, oh what weight? ha i really dont want the health lecture either!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:42 pm

Day 3 went well, bar for breakfast and lunch. My sister came up to visit, and everyone couldn't believe how much weight she lost (50+ pounds) she's not doing 5 bite per se, but eating several meals, and very little with no carbs (I could never cut carb and only do 5 bites!) so one of our friends asked her about what EXACTLY she ate, so she went through her typical day of 4-5 small low calorie meals. People went all crazy on her, and told her she couldn't live on so few calories, its not healthy, all that. I was so glad at that point that they assume I'm losing weight from working out, this is exactly the lectures I always dreaded hearing. She totally held her own, and was like, " whatever, you know whats unhealthier than eating 800 calories a day? being 60 pounds overweight, and eating tons of crap food" It quieted a lot of them down, but some kept at it, and she said "how is it any different than gastric banding? at least I'm not risking surgery"

So, I'm realizing that when I get down to my goal of 60 lost (halfway there!) that people will probably ask how, because its a huge difference that will be very noticeable (that's the point!) I still dont think I will tell anyone the whole truth about 5 bites, but at least I had a little glimpse of what will happen to me, thanks, sis Smile The only prob is while this was going on I had about 5 handfulls of popcorn, and a beer. Back in the saddle today! No excuses!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:37 pm

So, I couldn't take it and weighed myself this AM. 10 POUNDS!!!!!!! (well, 9.6) 5 Bite only from Mon-Fri!!! Are you kidding me!?!? Sooooo happy. I'm actually glad I weighed myself, so I will be motivated to be a good girl through the weekend. If I can lose 5 more in the next week, I will be so happy. I think I will "weigh in" Monday to assess the weekend damage (hopefully none) and again on Fri to keep me motivated through the weekend. So, its been about 40 give or take a few ounces scince the beginning. I am now more than halfway to goal. I'm giving myself clapping hands cheers cheers cheers

Edit: I just checked the old forum to get the actual date of when I started, it was 3/11/10. exactly 3 months ago, today. 40 pounds in 3 months. BEST DIET EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by 3jaysmom on Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : info checked)

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  darkshines on Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:55 pm

woohoo! this is so encouraging to read and im sure you are so happy and empowered by your accomplishments!

weight loss role model anyone? i certainly think so! =)
darkshines
darkshines

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. on Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:51 pm

Wow! That is amazing. Comgradulations! It is so good to see that all of the hard work is worth it. Keep up the good work, you are and inspiration to us all Smile
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:17 pm

40 lbs is like a small child....
ur an animal!!!! great job!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

3jaysmom - Life is Good! - Page 2 Empty Thanks

Post  3jaysmom on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:14 am

wow, I never thought of it like a small child, my oldest son is 38 lbs!! crazy!! Next time I lift weights, I'm going to take a minute and appreciate what 40 pounds feels like. Thanks for the support, guys!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:46 pm

Well, had an oopsie this weekend. What else is new!?!?!? Gained 4, no big deal. It will be off by Wed. Back to business! Gotta stay strict for 5 days. This lose 10, gain 4-5 still equals a 5-6 pound a week loss, if I can keep it up for 6 weeks, I'll be DONE!!!!!!!!!!!! But, not really I guess. I'll be maintaining with 5 bite a few times a week to keep it off. I'll weigh in again Fri Very Happy

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:51 pm

ur such a motivator. haha yeah i had an oopsie weekend aswell. i think i gained like 4 lbs... thats INSANE for 3 days of bad eating....
ugh, gotta have strength to see this to the end!!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:17 pm

There is only one thing I have to say.... affraid WOW What a Face CONGRATULATIONS!
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:04 pm

Damn Doritos!!!!!!!!!!!! Yesterday was BAD. I always say that I havent binged scince the start of this diet, but I did yesterday, Embarassed I'm writing everything down here so I dont forget how crappy it was. 5 bites egg mc muffin- 2 slices turkey breast, 1/2 slice cheese. 1 bite brownie. 1/4 pita pocket with 2 slices roast beef and 1 laughing cow cheese wedge. Handfull of doritos. small bowl of fruit salad. 2 bites of cupcake. 2 more handfulls doritos. 2 more mini roast beef sandwiches on pitas. handfull of doritos. 1 drumstick.

So, there it is. I binged like crazy 5 bites at a time, like every half hour. Crying or Very sad Since starting this diet, I've never felt guilty about eating, every "cheat" I had (drinks, mexican food, whatever) I planned on and kept it well under controll. Yesterday wasn't. When I think about it now, I feel like shit. I had about 12 bites of lunch today, and I'm feeling like I want to eat again, WTF? I need to get back on track ASAP. I don't want to put the 10 pounds I lost last week back on in one weekend. Tae Bo first thing Sun AM, with no food untill 5 bites for lunch around 1. NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:32 pm

that's EXACTLY how i felt the other day when i lost control, except u know how u feel hungry again the day after the binge- i gave into that and felt WORSE, and i felt like i gained back all the weight in a day.

but u wont. get back on the diet ASAP, and drink lots of water to flush out what u ate. you'll be surprised it might not be as bad as it feels right now. hang in there, get right back on.

Tae bo is the best! i used to do it and it burns so much calories and u feel the burn the next morning!!!!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:16 am

I totally did what you said happened to you, one bingey day, and the next day you feel like you need more food, it was bad again. And no Tae Bo!!! I CAN NOT do this tomorrow. I'm very afraid to weigh myself. I had pork lo mein and dumplings and orange chicken. pretty much pasta rolled in sugar and deep fried. I remember when I was on weight watchers, it was like 15 points a serving, and that was for 3 pieces. (at the time, I had 21 points for the day)

OK..................sooooooo....ugh. I feel like saying "diet starts Monday" is so cliche. But I have to get back to business. Send some good karma my way! I need strength. If I can do the one day, I know I will be able to get back to it. I WILL NOT EAT ANYTHING BUT 2 SPECIAL K BARS AND 2 PICKLES TOMORROW.

All caps means its serious bizzness, people!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:42 am

you go! i know after i have an oops day the only way for me to get back on the diet is to have a fast day... i dont know why, but if after a bad day i try to just 5 bite at lunch and 5 at dinner, it will be destructive rather than disciplined.... this past weekend was semi-bad for me as well. Just veggies and stuff- but still more than 5 bites, and def no weight loss in the last 2 days for sure. Tomorrow im going to do a fast to reset the system- and then im promising no more bad-ness until i have reached my goal. I have been at the same weight for the past week with some ups and downs- but netting at the same weight. im so so sick of it!!! so im not messing around until i reach my goal weight.

do what works for u to get ure mental discipline back, thats the hardest thing about coming out of an oopsie episode, but once ure there ur golden.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:53 am

When I assessed the damage from the 3 days, it was 6 pounds! Moday I stuck to 5 bites, but couldn't do the special k bars, I wanted to make sure I had the discipline to eat real food, and to be able to stop. It's the only thing that makes me feel in controll. I realized that just eating bars (or nothing at all) wouldn't fix the real problem for me, you know!?! I had to remind myself that yes, food tastes good, but I dont need 10 bites of everything that is on the table at every cookout.

I had 5 bites of an egg mc muffin, 5 bites of sliced turkey with cheese in a wrap, and 5 bites of steak for dinner with a few green beans, and ok, 3 bites of mashed potatoes. I had the exact same thing on tues (without the mshed potatoes, better discipline), and had a great 60 minutes of weightlifting with 30 minutes on the treadclimber. It felt great! As of this morning, I have lost almost 4 1/2 of the 6 pounds, and I feel like today I am fully in controll and wont have breakfast. I want that 1 1/2 pound OFF TODAY!!! Then, Ill have a few days to kick it into high gear to get ready for my 4th of July party. I need to be able to resist the chips!!!!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:39 pm

yayyyyy its so great the weight comes off so fast for u! I think its to do with the fact that uve kept ur metabolism up with all the gym time (something i havent done since starting this diet). Its so weird how eating just a little more than usual would make us gain weight, i mean i know our metabolisms are a bit slowed down, but come oN.

i think once i start eating like a normal person again, ill have to integrate SLOWLY, cuz otherwise ill just binge everyday, and have to stay on the 5 bites + binge diet for the rest of my life... which is not good.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum