5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first day!!!

3 posters

Go down

My first day!!! Empty My first day!!!

Post  Jamir's Mommy Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:13 pm

hello everyone! This is my first day on the 5BD! I am very excited and I hope this is the start that will help me to achieve my weight loss goals!!! I am short and my weight is super super unhealthy. If anyone has any tips please let me know.
thanks,
and happy losing!

mg!
Jamir's Mommy
Jamir's Mommy

Back to top Go down

My first day!!! Empty Re: My first day!!!

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:23 pm

this is a great place to start, WELCOME!!
as far as starting off is concerned- everyone is different with their approach- i like to start the first day with a fast, and then the next day fo 5 bites for lunch and 5 for dinner. its hard to get the mental game in check before u have to deal with the physical hunger that comes with this diet, but the first 3-4 days are the toughest, and then ur good to go. Along the way even if u stumble and cheat a little, its easy to come back on as long as u have ur mind prepared to bring urself back, and u dont have to go thru the annoying first 3 days again either. Try to remain calm and collected thru the diet and if u do cheat, have the discipline to stop right in ur tracks and distract urself with something!- go for a walk, talk to someone, websurf, watch a TV show, anything that will distract u for like 15 minutes or so, that will be enough for u to get control back. During the time that ur "distracting" urself- drink as much water as u want to. I do this all the time!!

best of luck!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamir's Mommy Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:29 pm

Thanks!
I was also wondering if it is best [for motivation purposes] to weigh myself daily? or wait a week? And also thanks for the water tip! i've been chugging sugarfree ZERO calorie Crystal Light all day! It seems to keep me well flushed...But if you could answer the first question for me that would be very helpful. Thank you again ! !
flower
Jamir's Mommy
Jamir's Mommy

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:07 pm

i think the book that dr. lewis has out says to weight in every week, but most of us on this forum are a little chained to the scale and we weight each day. Those that are starting out weigh in several times a day, i guess since ur just so eager to see the weight loss happen! I think that u should just do whatever seems right to u. If u feel lighter, and u want to check in, whats the harm? i would tho limit to once a day, and stick to weighing in the same time each day. This way u are comparing the equals, and not weighing after meal- and then again after a drink of water etc.. I weigh in each morning (i tend to not weigh when i know i misbehaved!) but its totally up to u
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:32 am

Welcome! I swear, this is the topic that is always on my mind!! I want to weigh myself every day, but, sometimes its not a good idea. At first, you will see it go down a pound or so a day (maybe more) and it is sooooo motivating! But, around week2-3, you may start to notice a lot less coming off, or even a small gain (for no reason) Currently, I weigh in on Fri, to see the results for the week, and to keep me motivated through the weekend to try to keep me in check. I then weigh on Mon to "assess the damage" from the weekend, because I usually eat more than 10 bites a day on the weekend, so I typically stay the same, or even gain a pound or two. If I gain, I weigh every day untill its off. Smile

As Tea said, you'll find what works for you, but if you're like the rest of us, you'll end up obssessed with the scale,lol. But, I think the most important thing is to check in here,and keep a journal, it REALLY helps when you need the extra motivation. Good luck!!!!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

My first day!!! Empty Sadly Starting over, not giving up tho..HELP!

Post  Jamir's Mommy Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:06 pm

Hello! I originally started on Monday, got to dinner and couldn't stop eating:( I felt sooo badd!!! but i finally decided to start back today..Had to make a few moderations though...I have a few bites of fruit for breakfast, then my five bite lunch and dinner, plus I am doing cardio , 2 hours, and drinking plenty of water..if I feel like I can't go without i will eat a piece of celery. Do you think I will still be able to lose this way?? I really hope so because I still feel like I'm sacrificing! I just hope hope hope this helps i am trying so hard not to fall off the wagon.. I hope to see some results in the scale next week if I continue. just wondering if it sounds like I will still get good results?? Please give me ur input I need the motivation and help!! Thanks
Jamir's Mommy
Jamir's Mommy

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:18 pm

You will. I work out about 1 1/2 hours4-5 days a week, and on those days I eat a five bite breakfast along with the 5 bites for lunch and dinner. I feel like I need it to be able to work out, and you might consider it if you do 2 hrs of cardio. I lost 10 pounds in my first few weeks, with having the breakfast. As long as you keep to 5 bites, you stomach will shrink.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

My first day!!! Empty thanks!

Post  Jamir's Mommy Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:47 pm

Well thanks,that makes me feel better>! What about the celery? Is that ok? I've heard it has negative calories so that's why I chose it and I eat a stalk if I feel like I need something in my stomach... I hope to lose something because I am in the obese category for my height being 5ft. and weight 180..
This is how my virtual model made me look at my current weight of 180...
My first day!!! 18016
And this is how it looks at my first goal weight of 160...
My first day!!! 16011[img]
And this is how it looks at my ultimate goal of 140...
My first day!!! 14010
Jamir's Mommy
Jamir's Mommy

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:13 pm

how are things going?

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

My first day!!! Empty Gonna try Snickers>?...

Post  Jamir's Mommy Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:51 pm

Well 3jaysmom, i'm planning on starting over this weekend because I've had family visiting and have had to cook for them and so on and so forth... And it seems like when i try to take 5 bites only of somehting i cooked, it's almost impossible, especially by dinnertime...so I am planning on trying the snickers for a few days, since it will be a set amount of bites it may be easier for me i believe. have u tried it>? thanks< let me kno!
Jamir's Mommy
Jamir's Mommy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum