5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi! Morgan's first day!

3 posters

Go down

Hi!  Morgan's first day! Empty Hi! Morgan's first day!

Post  Morgan Mon May 03, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi, everybody. I'm Morgan. I've been thinking about doing the Five Bite Diet since a friend told me about it a couple of months ago but I was worried that it's crazy and possibly unhealthy. Then I watched the video and it actually seems to make sense. Anyway, I've been going through a whole lot of stressful personal issues lately and my eating is out of control and definitely adding to the stress (worrying about my weight, not feeling well from overeating, etc.). I'm thinking maybe doing this diet with Snickers only (for the first week or two) might be a good idea for me. It would definitely be one less thing to stress over and dropping a few pounds quickly would lift my mood, too.

So, I bought a couple of packs of Snickers bars yesterday and decided to start today. I had a hard boiled egg (my protein), vitamins, and a cup of coffee for breakfast and plan to eat a bar for lunch and another for dinner. I'm not sure of my exact weight today, but yesterday morning I was 185.8. I'm 5'7" and would like to lose at least forty pounds.

Wish me luck! Wink

Morgan

Back to top Go down

Hi!  Morgan's first day! Empty You can do it!

Post  diet74 Mon May 03, 2010 8:48 pm

Hi and Welcome to you.

You can do this.
It is very challenging the first 3 days.
But I'm sure you already know that.
YOu can do this, and you won't regret it.....

I totally understand what you mean by your eating getting out of control because of personal stress....It is the hardest thing to deal with.
And to be honest, when i did this diet, I found that stress was still more challenging to deal with than the actual hunger that comes from only eating 5 bites a day.

But if you can do this, you will manage to find ways to deal with it, AND you probably, like a lot of us here, change your relationship with food.

In any case, good luck to you!

Keep us posted on your progress! Very Happy
diet74
diet74

Back to top Go down

Hi!  Morgan's first day! Empty Re: Hi! Morgan's first day!

Post  Morgan Mon May 03, 2010 8:51 pm

Thanks, Diet74! I read your intro and wanted to ask you a question. How long did you do the diet the first time?

Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post  diet74 Mon May 03, 2010 9:22 pm

I started the diet and did it religiously (well, as I said, I did add coffee, BUT I did stick to the 5 bites) for 3 whole weeks. I remember it was a friday. I started right before a lazy weekend so I could relax and not have anything exhausting to do.
I had tried the diet a couple of times before but never made it past day 1.
Then that friday, I made the decision.
I knew it was going to be hard but I was also sick of my body.
After 3 weeks I had lost 19 pounds.
Then I had a week of "collapse".
From then on I did the 5 bite most of the time, I think I might have given up on the weekends.

In any case, the quick weight loss was a huge boost.
I went from 152 to 133 in those 3 weeks..
I'm not gonna lie and say that it was easy all the time.
There were really hard times even after a few days.
YOu see food on tv in an add or in a movie and you wanna eat.
But I learned to "embrace " the rumbling hungry feeling in my belly.
I kept telling myself that if I felt that burning, that meant that I was on track!

I think it was about a month or so after that until I reached 125 pounds, but like I said, I was a bit more "loose' on the diet.
I do remember the 125 pound milestone cause that was my initial goal.
At that point I kinda stopped the 5 bite diet, but not in a "give up" way. I felt I could live each day and eat very little and be fine.
I would sometimes not eat all day because I knew we were going out in the evening to eat.
Then what happens is that you end up eating less in the evening anyways because your stomach has shrunk from the 5 bite diet, and from that day when you ate nothing.
I didn't have to force myself to eat little.
I felt so in control.

And I eventually got my weight to 118 pounds. And that 125 to 118 didnt feel like much work at all.That might have taken maybe another coupe of months. But I wasn't weighing myself that often anymore.

I am now at 123.
I fluctuate between 123 and 126 and lately I have been having family stress and have dealt with it with food.
I wanna go back to not only being 118, but to be able to feel in control again. That was better than the number on the scale to be honest.
I felt so good.

So I am working the courage to go back to the 5 bite and sticking to it.
But when you have little weight to lose, it is a slow loss.
i guess I'm just being a brat.
diet74
diet74

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Mon May 03, 2010 10:04 pm

Thanks, diet74! Your story is really motivating. And I'm so glad to hear that on your first couple of tries you didn't make it past day one, because I just ate a huge bowl of chili with cheese, sour cream and chips. Embarassed

I'm not giving up. I will start again tomorrow morning.

Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Tue May 04, 2010 2:40 pm

Welcome, Morgan!

I just started this diet a week ago and it has had its ups and downs. You sound just like me with the personal stress. It gets tough, but you can do it. It especially gets better after the first 3 days. And, when I give in to food on a bad day, I tell myself to stop and start over. I try not to feel guilty and just move on.

It's great to have you here!

Dani

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum