5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I was wondering...

2 posters

Go down

I was wondering... Empty I was wondering...

Post  Kaci002 Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:07 pm

Hi all,

I was wondering your views on if I swapped to shakes for a day or so insteadof 2 x 5 bites? reason being, I really enjoy the shakes and they help keep me focused, my 5bd is going well but I am finding I am starting to nibble every now and then whereas 1 day on the shakes curbs that for me. My plan would be go on the shakes for 2 days max then back to 5bite. Each shake is 142 cal so perhaps 3 a day would be better or else its not enough? However not sure if it would mess up my 5bite results in the long run, although its not going to increase my appetite in anyway.

Would welcome all your views

Many Thanks
Kaci

Kaci002

Back to top Go down

I was wondering... Empty Re: I was wondering...

Post  16Again Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:59 pm

Hi Kaci,

Okay, my take (anyone else feel free to disagree), Shakes -- if they "keep you focused" (meaning, they'd keep you from nibbling) -- would be fine. It would almost be like "fasting" while getting some nutritional value; which would be "Intermittent Fasting" if you swing back and forth with the 5 Bite way of eating.

I'll try to offer a bit of the Doc's wisdom (paraphrased) from his book, and I present it only to get you to Pre-Think it through. When asked whether "water" in large amounts would be filling enough to keep one from getting hungry in the first few days, he said not really, because liquid (including "5 Bites" of soup) are in-and-out of the stomach so quickly, that the satisfaction may not be there. On the other hand, he is absolutely fine with "fasting." And a 5 bite return-to-eating, from a fast, would always be infinitely better than large meals to break a fast.

So just ask yourself what you believe will happen to your hungerstat as you shift from eating to not eating and back again, and then I think you'll be golden. You may actually find that the Bites you eat after could be slightly even smaller, but that doesn't matter.

The only thing I'd be concerned about is whether or not "Shakes" are something you want as part of your lifestyle AFTER the diet. You don't want to be thinking that it's the "Shakes" that brought you to your Ultimate Goal Weight, OR that you Must continue with the "Shakes" to maintain your weight. That's why he recommends "real" foods, controlled by portion.

As far as the calorie count, you shouldn't worry. Your body is running off of your "reserve fuel." That's why fasting is alright. So, if you get into the shakes and find you NEED MORE than One at Lunch and One at Dinner, then I'd recommend you stay with eating 5 Bites. Maybe have One "Shake" for One Meal and 5 Bites of food for the other. As you say, it might kep you focused, and that's preeminent in this diet.

So work it out and Pay Very Close Attention to what works for you, and make adjustments quickly as the need arises. We're with you all the way on this.

Be kind to yourself.

Marc

16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaci002 Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:06 pm

Thanks Marc

Im testing out the shakes just for today and its a nice change, shakes and smoothies are a way of life to me as when I am not dieting then I regurly have a blended drink each morning.
Dont really want to get stuck on them as you say its not a way of life, more just a trial.

How are you doing?

Have a lovely weekend

K

Kaci002

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:40 pm

I'm doing well. Kaci. Thanks for asking.

I'm actually "fasting" today myself - Very Happy. I'm hoping that it will be the ultimate "override" for a problem I seem to have with gorging on Friday Nights-into-Saturday. Wish me luck and Strong Will.

I hope your weekend is wonderful, as well.

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down