5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi, My Name Is....

4 posters

Go down

Hi, My Name Is.... Empty Hi, My Name Is....

Post  jgraston Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:43 pm

Hi, I'm Josh.

I've belonged to more diet groups, diet forums, livejournal groups, facebook groups and just about every other type of group you can imagine.

I've been as high as 421 pounds, and as low as 275. Right now, I'm back up to 387.5.

I've done 5ks, triathlons, 50 mile bike rides, all at over 300 pounds.

I've been on reality television losing weight even.

Yet, here I am.

I know how to lose weight. I know how to lose weight counting calories. I know how to lose weight watching carbs. I know how to lose weight 2-3 pounds per week, or I know how to be a beast in the gym and drop 8-9 steadily.

About a year ago I was blessed enough to be part of a Reality TV weight loss program. At the show, we had an inhouse doctor. His name was Dr. Alwin Lewis. It would end up that he was really just there for emergencies, but I picked up a copy of his book once I got home.

I am a big fan of the science behind this diet, and even more specifically how it ties into the Maximum Sustainable Caloric Deficit for Continual Fat Loss. However, I'll delve more into all that in my journey.

I hope to be an active member here and share knowledge and grow/shrink together.

Thanks!
Josh
jgraston
jgraston

Back to top Go down

Hi, My Name Is.... Empty Re: Hi, My Name Is....

Post  Dmac Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:01 pm

Welcome Josh let me know if I can help in anyway. was the show u were on money hungry?
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  jgraston Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:08 pm

Dmac wrote:Welcome Josh let me know if I can help in anyway. was the show u were on money hungry?

That would be me, yes. :-)
jgraston
jgraston

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:18 pm

Welcome Josh!!! I can't wait to follow your journey. I've been on this plan for over 5 weeks now and I'm really loving it and wishing I would have heard about it sooner.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:11 am

Hi Josh! I'm on week 3 and loooove it. This first week is gonna be rough with cravings and the hungries kickin' in. If you'll get stubborn and bulk up on water/calorie-free liquids to get you thru, you'll get over that initial hump. I love this way of eating now and I can't wait to follow your success story!!!! Just take it one day at a time.....

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:23 am

Josh do u know if they will reply money hungry ?or where I can see them I tryed net flix by the time I'd herd of the show. It was over I found out about it on Lewis twitter but it was to late but I saw u on the you tube money hungry nice to meet ya
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  jgraston Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:39 am

Welcome Josh!!! I can't wait to follow your journey. I've been on this plan for over 5 weeks now and I'm really loving it and wishing I would have heard about it sooner.

Thanks a lot! I'm looking forward to following your journey.

Josh do u know if they will reply money hungry ?or where I can see them I tryed net flix by the time I'd herd of the show. It was over I found out about it on Lewis twitter but it was to late but I saw u on the you tube money hungry nice to meet ya

I think I have the entire series somewhere on disc, let me look and see. If not, you can probably torrent it at TPB.

Hi Josh! I'm on week 3 and loooove it. This first week is gonna be rough with cravings and the hungries kickin' in. If you'll get stubborn and bulk up on water/calorie-free liquids to get you thru, you'll get over that initial hump. I love this way of eating now and I can't wait to follow your success story!!!! Just take it one day at a time.....

The sad thing is this will not be the hardest diet I've experimented with. I ran a PSMF (Protein Sparing Modified Fast) Liquid (i.e. 3 protein shakes in water a day for 30 days) and studied its effects on ketones, hunger and metabolism.
jgraston
jgraston

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:38 pm

Yeah, the freedom this way of eating gives you is quite liberating. No foods are off limits, ya just gotta keep it to 5B no matter how yummy!

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  jgraston Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:28 pm

SaltyDog wrote:Yeah, the freedom this way of eating gives you is quite liberating. No foods are off limits, ya just gotta keep it to 5B no matter how yummy!

I'm mainly concerned when it comes to ordering food when eating out with friends/etc. Do you just take leftovers home and have 3-4 5B meals saved up? Or do you go to Taco Bell and order A taco.
jgraston
jgraston

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:38 pm

I do better throwing it out leftovers sometimes call to me
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  jgraston Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:40 pm

Dmac wrote:I do better throwing it out leftovers sometimes call to me

I can just leave leftovers in the fridge, in my house they won't last long.

I'm more tempted by silly things like taking a bite of someone else's food.

jgraston
jgraston

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:13 pm

Eating out has been pretty easy for me, I just take more time enjoying my ice tea or diet soda and eat slow and take the rest home. My kids usually finish it off or I'll have some the next day for lunch or dinner and throw the rest away.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum