5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Under the candles

+10
Jesabelle
pinklipstick
amu82
starbucks addict
SaltyDog
ewhetstone
jgraston
Dmac
spryng
Nutellapizza
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Under the candles Empty Under the candles

Post  Nutellapizza Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:44 pm

Tuesday September 13, 2011 and under the candles because I do not have any power here, only my iPad, I am taking the pledge of doing five bites diet for the next 21 days.

My starting day is Wednesday September 14, 2011 and I will report every day for the next 21 days with a weight in, and a food journal.

Let's the fun begin now! Night night sweet nutellapizza. Sleep
Nutellapizza
Nutellapizza

Back to top Go down

Under the candles Empty Re: Under the candles

Post  spryng Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:14 pm

Welcome nutellapizza! So happy to follow your journey Smile How much weight are you hoping to lose? tell us a little about yourself.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:17 pm

Welcome.
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  jgraston Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:11 pm

Your name makes me hungry. :-) Good luck, we are all here for you.
jgraston
jgraston

Back to top Go down

Post  ewhetstone Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:21 pm

You might want to change your name! I'm salivating just reading it Smile

ewhetstone

Back to top Go down

Under the candles Empty My pledge : 21 days of 5BD

Post  Nutellapizza Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:56 am

Day one:
Weight : 122.6pds

Food log :
B:hot water
L:Nutella pizza, 5 bites. I was so full, I could hardly finish my 5th bites.
D:Savory pie, made with bacon and veggies, 5 bites

No problem for this first day.

A bit about myself:
BMI as of Sept 14, 2011:20.4, would like to go down to 18.5. I am a french canadian lady, travelling the planet and sitting presently in the north side of China. I make a living as a writer and food styling photographer. I love food.

5 Bite Diet came into my life while I was following a lady on the net, doing the Revolving diet, that basically is a blog about doing a detail daily diet diary and reporting on the net, a very interesting read in the middle of the night.

*All homemade food by me, I am that kind of lady.
Nutellapizza
Nutellapizza

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:01 pm

How tall are you? I was going to see if I could get to bmi 18.5 as well, for me that would be 108 lbs since I'm 5'4

Your meals sound delish! You are gonna have to tell us all about china too, sounds so exciting to travel and live abroad Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Under the candles Empty Day 2, a gain...

Post  Nutellapizza Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:59 pm

Day 2:
Starting weight : 122.6pds
Current weight : 123
Variation : .4 pd (gain)

Food log :
B:hot water
L:5 bites of double crusts butter cookies filled with strawberry jam and nutella, was full after the 3rd one but did 5
D:Savory bacon pie, 5 bites

Feeling like the 'day after' today, like if I had drank too much yesterday, a foggy head, a bit nauseous, slight dizziness and no hunger what so ever. Lets just say that I will not create a 'master piece' today...

A bit questionning this 'fun thing 5BD' today, because of the gain. I have been at 122.6pds for the last 14 days. A 'gain' is always a very sad negative message for anybody, but specially on an already very small person like me.

I am wondering if this diet works on small person and would search the net today for some actual facts. There must be people out there looking to reach their BMI and that are already at the stage of 'no hunger', no 'binging', no 'snack attack', eating like a bird and a woman?

To tell the true, it has been a few years since I ate so much yesterday. The only difference with my way of life and this 5BD is the freedom of eating everything and not counting it or taking statistics of some kind. I have kept a 'food log' for as long as I can remember and became, with time, my own lab rat in a sense. I know what makes me gain water weight and what makes the scale go down on me, and a day like yesterday : gain for sure.

I watched Dr Alwin Lewis video yesterday and he says it himself that he has been having great success with morbidely obese people over the years. But what is his success with smaller person, on his 5BD? and specially with women? I will do some research today. Arrow

I also have a tendancy to doubt the credibility of a person when each step taken within his bubble has 'money' involved...!

Last edited by Nutellapizza on Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:37 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding food log details for the day)
Nutellapizza
Nutellapizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Nutellapizza Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:04 am

Dmac, jgraston and spryng, thank you for visiting my journal.

*Spryng, I am 5'5'' tall
Nutellapizza
Nutellapizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:32 am

Let us know what ya find. And how big are your bites? Maybe tomorrow it will drop big
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:43 am

hang in there, give it at least a full week to see how your body responds and maybe not weigh everyday this first week just so small gains don't discourage you? I'm really curious how your body will respond to this diet as well so I'm watching your journal Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Under the candles Empty Proportion control and motivation

Post  Nutellapizza Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:56 am

Day 3:
Starting weight:122.6pds
Current weight:123.2pds
Variation:.6pd (gain)

B:hot water and vitamins
L:5 bites (2 ounces) of pasta with olive oil and herbs (at noon time probably)
D: Tilapia 5 bites (2 ounces) (at 6hpm probably or later)

I never get hungry during the evening, never did, and I am not a 'snack' kind of person. I weight myself twice a day, one time in the morning and one time at night. This is my motivation and has been working very well for me, for the last ... many years.

I have been doing some research on the net lately regarding portion control, which is basically what 5BD is all about.

The stubbling into gastric bypass surgery is where I learned the most actually. I have to say that I do not know much about this procedure, nor anything reliated to this but after watching the video done on Dr.A. Lewis, by Gregory Mantell, my list of questions got longer and longer and I ended up on a pretty good internet site, stating all the details on this operation and the following up with a very strick diet, yet, controlled by proportion.

5BD is based on proportion so here I go, simple.

In conclusion, my first three days need to be a bit 'readjusted' here. Since I do not have access to 'Snickers' bars here (do not ask why please, this is not America land)..., my 5 bites is about 2 ounces of food (because a snickers bar is about 2 ounces in weight), anything 'kind' of food.

So for the next three days, starting now, I will be using my ever trustable and portable very small 'kitchen scale' and will be measuring '5 bites/2 ounces' for each meals taken. It will be : 2 ounces for lunch, and 2 ounces for dinner. It is feasable.

Each day, I take vitamins C, Fish oil capsule and B12. I might incorporate a multi-vitamin, I will see.

I cannot order Dr. A. Lewis'book here. I will acquire it next time I fly out.

Nutellapizza
Nutellapizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:41 am

I think u should be going off volume more than weight because 2 ounces of meat is a different size than 2 ounces potato chips and u need to keep your stomach stretch the same so won't be hungry just my opinion.

Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Nutellapizza Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:19 am

Dmac wrote:I think u should be going off volume more than weight because 2 ounces of meat is a different size than 2 ounces potato chips and u need to keep your stomach stretch the same so won't be hungry just my opinion.

Yes, thank you Dmac for your input, like if I would take 2 ounces of green leaves salad vs 2 ounces of meat, the 'physical size' of food on my plate lets say, would make a difference in the belly.

2 ounces is about 1/4 of a cup, in volume. I am considering both 'measures' right now.
Nutellapizza
Nutellapizza

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:47 am

Welcome to our 5B club!!!! I don't think stature really has anything to do with it. I DO think how much water you drink everyday (should be at least 64oz), how much salt you take in everyday (it sneaks in) and how many carbs can affect how well you lose. Every body is soooo different, so you do have to play around with your 5B to make it suit you and what works with your body.

Hang in there....you are gonna do well! We are pullin' for you!!!!

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  Nutellapizza Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:11 am

SW:122.6
CW:117.6
VW:5pds

Started 5BD Sept 14
Did not loose until Sept 17
Today Sept 23, lost 4.6pds in 5 days

Doing Snickers bars, black coffee, multi vitamins, nothing else
Nutellapizza
Nutellapizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:07 pm

Congratulations have u had any hunger or cravings
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:39 pm

4.6 is awesome!!!!! keep up the great work!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Nutellapizza Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:35 am

Started 5BD : Sept 14

SW:122.6pds
CW:112.2pds

BMI today : 18.7

1.2pds to go for reaching BMI of 18.5
Nutellapizza
Nutellapizza

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:13 am

wow so great to see someone so close to their goal! congrats on your loss cheers
have you been doing snickers only since your last post? or eating 5 bites of anything?
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:46 am

wow 1.2 from goal that is amazing!!! you are gonna have to show us what maintenance looks like for sure Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Under the candles Empty Maintenance

Post  Nutellapizza Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:13 am

BMI : 18
Weight : 108.4pds

Doing maintenance
Nutellapizza
Nutellapizza

Back to top Go down

Post  amu82 Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi, congrats on the loss! you must look fantastic and feel great! Can you share how you are maintaining? Have you been able to find a comfortable number of bites yet where you feel like you're eating enough but still maintaining your size and weight? I'm looking to lose about 15 pounds and have already started wondering how to maintain once I reach my goal. Thanks Smile

amu82

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:01 pm

Congrats on hitting goal!!! that is amazing!!! I'd like to know how maintenance is working out for you as well? I know its a few months off for me but what is working for you?
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:23 pm

Ya congratulations that's great let us know how its going for shur
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content