5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well here I go!

+23
Arula
Alexis2012
Mrs5BD
120-4life
thins-in
Challenger
Slimw5bd
username
Jojovera
Wuzzy
Yuki526
Dmac
spryng
Pookykat
16Again
HEAVEN
kimikat3
insanity
Maernet
mommieof2
Kaliopikat
Snow White
ElleBella
27 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Well here I go! Empty Well here I go!

Post  ElleBella Sun May 27, 2012 8:22 pm

Im a Canadian living in Britisch Columbia with my little girl Nina 7yrs.. I moved back from living in Germany for 11years just 2yrs ago in 2 days.. wow.. its gone by so fast. My Husband is still living in Germany but plans to move here when his work contract is completed. He is a Engineer who travels world wide. This extra weight I am carring is making me nuts affraid.. WW PP plan was so so working for me.. to much food I am sure.. anyways Day 1 here I go!

Starting Weight 200.3
fist goal 10lbs

Food today
B) tea, with milk no sugar
L) 5 bites of taco meat with cheese and sourcream.. YUM
D) a spicy grilled sausage with mustard

Today I am eating protien and will do so for a few more days.. I know it makes me fuller longer so I am working on that..lol

Good luck Everyone!!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Well here I go! Empty Re: Well here I go!

Post  Snow White Mon May 28, 2012 2:09 am

Great job on day 1...your lunch sounds like my kind of food! : ))))) Wouldn't it be awesome for your husband to come back and you have lost a ton of weight???? We will help you get to your goal! : ))))) Hang in there and stay strong!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat Mon May 28, 2012 2:38 am

Good job today! My mouth started watering when I read the grilled sausage and mustard...yikes...that sounds really good. Have a nice night! Kathryn
Kaliopikat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Mon May 28, 2012 1:41 pm

Welcome and good luck. I'm also in Canada but in Ontario. You will reach your goal in no time if you stick to the diet. I'm quiet impressed with the amount of weight that can be lost when sticking to this diet head on.. Good luck and we will be here every step of the way.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Maernet Mon May 28, 2012 1:53 pm

Hello EllaBella, i have only just started and I'm losing already, you will too.
I could really go a grilled sausage right now but it will have to wait until dinner time.
I am learning german, just started today.. any tips? Laughing
Maernet
Maernet

Back to top Go down

Well here I go! Empty Day 2

Post  ElleBella Mon May 28, 2012 6:52 pm

Ahhhhh You guys are sooooooooooooooooo sweet.. thank you alll!

I was not perfect but pretty good.. today I am stronger by fare.. I ate a bit of popcorn last night.. not much but still ate it.. Not tonight though..Im sticking my heels in! Exclamation

Snow W... I LOVE Mexicain food... Italian.. well Food all of it!! lol I am sure my husband will thank you all for getting me there.. I hope I am just a motivating for you as you are for me!

Kathryn.. My grilled sausage was super.. delish, filling and exactly 5 bites lol.. funny how that worked out.. Smile

Mommieof2..How is your weather over there? It pretty sunny and hot here in Kelowna today.. I have been amazed at the claims and then when I read all your journeys I saw how true it really is.. I am sooooooooooooooo excited to get dieting gone for good! I have been on the diet wheel sice I was 30.. 14 years.. arrrg.. way to long..lol

Maernet... Hmmm German tips.. well in most cases it writes like it sounds.. Guten Tag.. Guten Morgan.. Guten Mittag Guten Abend.. you just need to sound your u out a bit longer.. but it all sounds like it looks.. oh that was Good Day, Good morning, Good afternoon, Good evening.. lol.. you will have fun with it.. but I will warn you the grammer is challenging.. I still suck at it.. lol

Its coming up noon now.. and I am not hungry.. What is up with that.. I did not eat this morning..yay.. around 10 am my stomache rumbled pretty good but I just went for a walk to forget about it.. now I am not hungry.. Love that!

Food today
B. Tea with milk and a herbel tea
L. egg on toast planned 4 bites
D. Taco 4 bites

later vanilla pudding.. home made.. 2 bites

Alright Ladies have a super day! cheers
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Well here I go! Empty Tummy rumbles

Post  ElleBella Mon May 28, 2012 11:23 pm

Rolling Eyes my tummy is giving me greif.. I was so hungry till I drank some more water.. I am staying strong day 1 is half way over, heels are dug in.. but to be truthful its been a challenge not to snack.. wow.. K... dinner is coming up.. vegetarian taco.. just don't feel like meat....

I will go to bed early tonight to read a book so I stay away from the fridge.. study

Good luck everyone!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat Tue May 29, 2012 2:41 am

It's no picnic at first. I'm still working it out, and I'm far from perfect, but it gets better. I hope you had an ok rest of the day, and if not...tomorrow is a new day! That's why I really like a couple of sips of wine in the evening, it does something to my stomach...knots it up; makes me feel more full somehow, and it doesn't take much.

Yikes, on a completely unrelated subject, have you seen that Canadian movie, Monsieur Lazhar? Very good, though I had no idea what it was actually about when I went. If I'd known, would have brought kleenex. Really well done little movie.

Oh...one thing that helps me, and maybe will help you when your head starts thinking it's hungry...I like to go to Amazon.com, and read some of the reviews of the book "Why Weight Around". I've ordered it, but it hasn't seemed to have shipped out yet, but the reviews are actually really encouraging. Most of them very positive about 5B. Hope it helps.
Kaliopikat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Well here I go! Empty Thanks

Post  ElleBella Wed May 30, 2012 2:53 am

Thank you so much for that post.. No I have not seen the movie but you have me thinking about it now. Very Happy

Today was a minor binge and a controlled 15 bite day.. I had such a bad headache this morning that in order to ensure the meds would be ok in my tummy I had to eat.. I have a digestive problem and when every I take my meds I must eat with it.. or else my liver hates me... eek

My condition is why I am here.. I was just diagnosed with Paralytic Ileus.. so i am to eat only small bites of food when Im hungry and nothing when I am not.. I am also a good 60lbs over weight so i thought why not throw in this plan to help me drop it fast.. My dr is not happy about only eating 10 bites as she is concerned I will not be able to get enough food.. so I promised her I would eat 5 for breakfast 5 for lunch and 5 for dinner... I know I will still lose weight fast as this is still only around 600 cal.. but today.. well I goofed.. i had a small fries from Mcdonalds.. just wanted them like I was nuts.. really.. uuugh.. Ok so I have eaten about 800 calories.. still ok I hope..

Tomorrow on the scale will tell all.... I feel so greatl just from eating so much less than before.. I will have days I will not eat at all do to stomache pain.. but hey on the days I am, now it feels so good to eat so much less.. You all are so great and supportive I am so grateful. bounce thank you for that..Supre Huge Hugs!!

Happy Wednesday to you all.. as I am sure I am the only one still on tuesday..lol cheers
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat Wed May 30, 2012 3:09 am

hahaha...I think you and I had the same type of day today. In answer to your question on my journal, the Snickers doesn't keep me full nearly enough. I ate it late, at 1 pm, and by 5 all I could do was think of food. Like you, I guess I could have done MUCH more damage, but the whole "shrunken stomach"...I'm just not there yet either. Evil or Very Mad

Let's see if anything good happened today...do you ever wonder if rage burns calories? I swear my blood pressure shot up so high at work today...had to be good for at least 20-50 calories, right? LOL...Oh well. No one got physically injured and I still have my job, so guess all is well. hee hee.

New day tomorrow! I have no stomach issues where meds cause me woe, I have a gut of iron, unfortunately...love to eat. Tomorrow will be a better day for all of us! : )
Kaliopikat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Wed May 30, 2012 3:18 am

Debbie, so sorry to hear about all of your health issues...just take it one day at a time and it will all even out soon, I'm sure! Keeping your bites even like you mentioned is key and will greatly assist in the stomach shrinking if that's your goal. I know the stomach shrinking really works b/c I have experienced it...but like anything else you can eat through the stretch if you want to and be back to square one. Once we are on maintenance, we will eat until we feel a tiny stretch and then stop eating and this will maintain our weight. It will come and we will get there...just stay strong and keep posting! cheers cheers cheers
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Well here I go! Empty hmmm

Post  ElleBella Wed May 30, 2012 6:32 am

Rage burning calories.. I love that.. cause I am sure that does happen..lol Suspect sneaky things.lol I am sorry for your tummy problems to.. poor you.. it is not fun for sure.. hugs.. new day tomorrow.. I am ready to make it work right! Very Happy

Snow White.. I have to tell you this because it might be hard to believe.. I am in the process of selling my audi and getting into my new jeep to be.. I am purchasing a White one and when I called it "snow" my daughter (7yrs) called her "snow white" lol.. I do not have her yet but she is on her way.. Thank you for your wise words.. shrinking tummies coming right up bounce

After a long night of paperwork its now 11:29 pm.. I have to get up early to take Nina to school, then back to work.. I am a working from home mommy.. self employed.. but I work long hours some days,.. lol

Be as great as you can be.. Life is so great!!! cheers
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Wed May 30, 2012 7:54 pm

I just got back from a meeting and I have a nasty headache.. I swear day three is Death day three.. affraid I want to eat everything in site and I feel like %&^* if you know what I mean..lol

I just had my 5 bites for lunch.. I had lasagna from timmys .. with garlic bread.. Yum.. hope it holds a bit longer than my meal yesterday

B) with meds 4 bites fibre 1 bar and tea
L) 5 bite lasagna
D 5 bites home made pizza

as I get 15 bites I am have one bite of a snickers bar tonight..

I also had another dr apt this am. and my dr is unhappy with my thought of only eating 15 bites... she said only eat when your hungry.. 3-5 bites but often.. she would like to see more bites.. lol... I am feeling good health wise.. my stomach does not hurt to much so I am sticking with the 15! lol Shocked

Alright all have a super duper day! bounce
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Wed May 30, 2012 10:41 pm

I wouldn't mention this diet to your dr. unless your doctor is Dr. Lewis! : ))))) When people ask me what diet I'm on I just say strict portion control and that's what it is really. Also, I have found that a lot of times if you have to "eat a meal" to take medicine, one saltine cracker will do just fine depending on the medicine. But you've got to do what you've got to do.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Well here I go! Empty Thank you

Post  ElleBella Wed May 30, 2012 10:59 pm

Thank you Snow, I had to tell dr as they are checking my food log... eeek.. crackers are great but I need a bit more than one.. so its best to drink a glass of milk or have a pc of fruit.. both around 100 cals.. lol..

I have some bad news all Sad

I have been scheduled for surgery for next month. I just got the call.. I also have to change my diet.. No more solid food.. I have to pick up my food from the dr.. mineral packs and smoothies in a pack.. uuugh.. I am sorry to complain but I was hoping not to have to have surgery till sept.. Rolling Eyes If you don't mind I would like to still stay here with you all and fallow your journey.. I will still be losing weight but at a much slower rate.. uggh.. Embarassed

I think im going to go lay down.. Shocked
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Thu May 31, 2012 12:15 am

Poor thing! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I hope everything goes well for you! I'm sure you'll still lose a ton of weight! We'll be here for you! : ))))))))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat Thu May 31, 2012 1:06 am

Oh yikes...I'm sorry to hear about your surgery too. Is this a pretty common procedure? Good odds it will resolve your problem? I hope so.
Hopefully you DO stick around, that way it will be easier for you to come back when you're good and ready, besides, you're such a good cheerleader, we need you around.
Kaliopikat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Well here I go! Empty ahhh

Post  ElleBella Thu May 31, 2012 1:33 am

Thank you both so much.. Im feeling a bit better now.. just had to lay down and work it out.. I will be here for all of you and will join back in when I am ready.. should be by end of summer.. I will be taking my lap top to hospital also..lol

You are all so great and doing soooooooooooooooooooo well!! It will make me drink my shakes.. smoothies and cheer! bounce

Have a super night all cheers
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Thu May 31, 2012 2:03 am

Sorry to hear about your complication but do stay around and share your input and weight loss weather it be slow or not.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Maernet Thu May 31, 2012 7:17 am

So sorry to hear about the surgery Debbie, I'm sure its all for the best, take care, xx., sunny
Maernet
Maernet

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu May 31, 2012 6:22 pm

Ahhh Ladies you are soooooooooooooo great.. I must tell you this cheaky soon to be little thing, is still going to do the 5 bite thing affraid .. I thought it all out.. If its true I just have to eat what they give me.. well then I will 5 bite the my liquids.. the soup I will make a bit thicker .. the same with the smoothie.. as for the minerals.. they just taste like grape juice and they are a small amount.. nothing to worry about..

So I have all the calorie info on the packs.. 100 caloires for 1/2 serving of smoothie.. not bad.. and the soup is 170 for 1/2 serving.. now I am aloud to suppliment my diet with mashed potatoes, ice cream or very pureed apple sauce..lol baby food.. so I know I can do this.. I will sit somewhere around 500 cal.. unless I eat the icecream.lol

so cheaky me is on the 5 bite diet .... a modified version of it!!!! cheers

I had my smoothie for breakfast.. was a small amount.. I am soooooooooooooooooooooo hungry right now I am glad to see its coming towards lunch! geek
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu May 31, 2012 6:56 pm

cheers One more thing.. I am walking daily again.. I went out this morning for a 1.5 mile.. its good for me and the dog!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Well here I go! Empty Nope... uugh

Post  ElleBella Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:03 am

Well that did not work out well.. I must consume the exact amount as it contains meds and nutrition in each to ensure I as healthy as can be come op time.. So cheaky me did not get away with it.. Oh well.. was worth a try.. But for sure I will be here with you all.. I will cheer you on all the way and when the time is right I will be back on the 5 bite..

the smoothies I am drinking dont taste that bad.. but the soup .. well hmmm not so great.... eeeek.. lol

I had a good day of house cleaning.. walking and now I am working.. so back at it I go.. cheers all! bounce
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:08 pm

You are too funny.. I bet you will lose if you stick to the liquid diet, so maybe you shouldn't stress too much until after you're all better, you know? More than one way to skin a cheeky cat...you know...lol...
Kaliopikat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:17 pm

I'm sorry to hear your workaround didn't work out! But even 1000 calories is low, and you will totally lose weight at that amount of calories. Just focus on improving your health for the operation and beyond, and your current diet will help you achieve that goal plus help you lose weight. On the bright side, being forced to stick to the liquid diet from the doc will eliminate any cheating. Check out this calculator, it calculates your weight given an amount of calories per day and activity level.

http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Not sure if it's entirely accurate, I think it may overestimate maintenance calorie levels, but reviews I've read say it's somewhat accurate over the long-term.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum