5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New here & saying hello

2 posters

Go down

New here & saying hello Empty New here & saying hello

Post  cin123 Sat May 03, 2014 12:20 am

Hi everyone,

I am new here, just started the 5bitediet yesterday. Already down 2 lbs. I don't care if its water weight, whatever it is, it is encouraging.

I have been dieting since before I was a teen, and I am in my 40s. I did have a period from 29-35 where I was happy with my weight, and for part of that, I was in the range Dr. Lewis recommends. I think back then, I was successful because I was eating small portions - but not on purpose - I was going through a break up... Oh well. But I kept it off until I stopped smoking and got in a new relationship where a lot of our fun time revolved (and still does) around food.

Throughout the years I have tried soooooo many diets and purchased so many programs and books. I just want something to finally work. And I am very hopeful this is it.

I do have a comment/question that I hope someone will be able to answer... I had a snickers today to get an idea of what a bite should be. It took me 9 1/2 of my normal bites to finish it. Is that odd? Makes me worried about the number of bites I take for everything else if mine are smaller. How did he get five bites out of the snickers - just wondering if I am abnormal that way... So, should I divide the snickers up into five pieces to get a better idea of what a bite should be? I take small bites - I just typically take WAAYYY to many of them  Smile 

Good luck to everyone and I look forward to interacting with you!
cin123
cin123

Back to top Go down

New here & saying hello Empty Re: New here & saying hello

Post  Sexy123 Sat May 03, 2014 2:02 pm

Welcome and Congrats!!!! 2 lbs are awesome. Water weight.....whatever! If the scale counts it when it is added. If it makes my clothes tighter when I gain it, then counting its loss is fair game to be celebrated. So hooray to you! Keep it up. You can do this.

I would say if you can do a snickers in 2x the bites that is good for you. As long as you can reduce the amount of food you take per meal. You will probably feel more satisfied if you can eat those same 5 bites in 10.

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  cin123 Sat May 03, 2014 2:25 pm

Hi Sexy123!

Thanks for the warm welcome and feedback on the snickers. I like what you said, too, about it counting when it makes pants tight - water or not. I am looking forward to success with this diet. This really seems do-able.  Very Happy 

Take care!
cin123
cin123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Sun May 04, 2014 3:00 am

How was your 5 bite day today?

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  cin123 Sun May 04, 2014 2:32 pm

Hi Sexy123,

I did pretty good for my first meal. I bought frozen hamburgers at Wal-Mart and had 5 bites then saved the rest. That way I don't feel bad about wasting food. But then in the evening, I went out with my daughter and had dinner at Applebee's. I ended up having way more than 5 bites... More like 30 or so  Embarassed 
But I am not letting that get me down. Today is a new day so I will get back on track and move forward...

I still believe this is a great plan. I probably should have planned better what I would order and how I would deal with temptation to go over.

Did you ever have days where you slipped up and went over? What was your experience with this?
cin123
cin123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum