5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

November newbie challenge anyone?

+3
tipsycherry
unpeuformidable
tlc
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

November newbie challenge anyone? - Page 3 Empty Re: November newbie challenge anyone?

Post  slimjen Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:32 pm

Day 9@170.0
slimjen
slimjen

Back to top Go down

November newbie challenge anyone? - Page 3 Empty Re: November newbie challenge anyone?

Post  tlc Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:19 pm

Day 9: 168.4

tlc

Back to top Go down

Post  slimjen Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:21 am

Day 10@170.6
slimjen
slimjen

Back to top Go down

Post  tlc Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:33 am

Day 10: 168.4 :/

tlc

Back to top Go down

Post  slimjen Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:55 pm

No sad faces. Your doing great. I went a wall for 2 days:/ I'm scared to weigh today. Yesterday was bad:/
slimjen
slimjen

Back to top Go down

Post  tlc Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:47 pm

Day 11: 168.4 Thanks slimjen! You are as well! It's discouraging at times, but no matter what I will continue exercising and eating smaller portions, I've lost 10 pounds in the past 2 + weeks so it has helped! I'm going to focus on lowering my carb intake and see if that helps.

Btw..Are we the only two 5 biters left standing?!

tlc

Back to top Go down

Post  slimjen Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:53 pm

I believe so. But it's ok we can keep eachother encouraged.
Day 11@172.0
sad...
slimjen
slimjen

Back to top Go down

Post  unpeuformidable Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:28 pm

My weight went up to 143 after those days of eating way more than I planned (and stayed at 143 for 3 days). But, my measurements were fine, so it was just water weight. I'm no longer doing 5 bites, but I'm still fasting. I eat one meal a day now (today is the 3rd day), and since doing so, my weight has gone down to 141.8lbs as of this morning (down from 143 yesterday). My one meal is pretty small, but I find it a lot easier than eating 2 meals right now.

I also changed my multivitamin. Doing so has made a huge difference! I'm feeling wayyy more energetic and have less brain fog.

unpeuformidable

Back to top Go down

Post  slimjen Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:40 pm

You have to keep us posted! I'm doing horrible at the moment:/ it's typical I do good for almost 2 weeks then my brain feels like I'm being deprived. This weekend proved that true and I've gained 2 of the 3 I lost:/
slimjen
slimjen

Back to top Go down

Post  unpeuformidable Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:22 pm

Slimjen, maybe try a new multivitamin? I'm now using the Women's Blend from Irwin Naturals, and it is much more effective than the One-a-Day that I was using before. Your brain feels deprived because it probably is deprived of certain key nutrients (vitamins and minerals). That's why I recommend seeking out a really good, high quality multivitamin (it's worth the cost! the difference in the way I feel is kind of incredible). If you have a natural foods store close by to you, go to the nutrition section and ask a clerk to help you choose a good one that is made from whole foods (though I wouldn't mention 5BD as it sets off alarms lol).

This is the link to the one I'm taking:
https://irwinnaturals.com/products/womens-formulas/womens-living-green-liquid-gel-multi/

And the weight that you gained, as long as you weren't eating really huge amounts (like upwards of 5000 calories a day), you gained weight in water and food, not fat.

I'm trying to do my best to relax about the number on the scale and focus more on my body measurements and how my clothes feel. Also, taking progress pics helps, too.

unpeuformidable

Back to top Go down

Post  unpeuformidable Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:23 pm

Also, though the one I take recommends 3 pills a day, I take only one with my nightly meal, and it still makes a huge difference. So, even though it is fairly pricey ($20), it goes a long way if you take 1 pill a day (90 pills to a bottle).

unpeuformidable

Back to top Go down

Post  slimjen Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:48 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm still doing bad:/
slimjen
slimjen

Back to top Go down

Post  tipsycherry Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:29 pm

Maybe we can try and ramp this challenge back up and gain more support. I am willing to join, I need constant help if I am going to stick with this.

Day 1: 158 pounds

Im freaking out a little thinking I should have waited till after Thanksgiving to start this..... but I am so ready for a change, I didn't want to keep putting it off.

tipsycherry
tipsycherry

Back to top Go down

Post  slimjen Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:39 pm

I'm gonna need a restart myself:/ but welcome and we will get this!
slimjen
slimjen

Back to top Go down

Post  tipsycherry Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:03 pm

Okay so heres another question. I teach group fitness and Im up by 4:30am so by 10am I am already up for 6 hours. So I am dying. Any pills you ladies take to help with the appittet.
tipsycherry
tipsycherry

Back to top Go down

Post  slimjen Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:17 pm

No....maybe you could add 5 bites in the morning also. That's still pretty low if your active.
slimjen
slimjen

Back to top Go down

Post  unpeuformidable Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:17 pm

5 extra bites, especially if they are nutritious and whole (like fruits, greek yogurt, etc), shouldn't affect your weight loss since you are so active.

slimjen, you will lose the weight!! Focus on measurements. Right now, my daily weight continues to fluctuate and stay within 140-143lbs. BUT, my measurements have decreased. I am smaller. I have lost about an inch from both my waist and my hips (measured at the butt). My bust, lol, hates getting smaller unfortunately, but my arms are smaller, etc. You are smaller, slimjen The scale may not tell you this right now, but I've looked through your diary, and you have to have gotten smaller! Stay positive. I'm realizing just how important positivity is to this (not just 5bd, but weight loss in general). If you believe you can do something, you will figure out a way despite the obstacles. But, if you believe that you can't, you'll give yourself reasons to give up.

Reread the Dr. Lewis' book if you need to. Also, PM me anytime Smile

unpeuformidable

Back to top Go down

Post  slimjen Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:19 pm

Thank you...I need a restart button:/
slimjen
slimjen

Back to top Go down

Post  unpeuformidable Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:29 pm

In that case, just restart. Today is a new day. Forget about the other days. Also, maybe fast for one day. A one day fast, though difficult if you've never done it before, could help you restart. Just spend a day (preferably one where you don't have to go to work) drinking water, tea, coffee, and low-cal broth. If you can avoid the broth, even better. But, either way, it may help you (just for one day, no need to make it longer than that!)

unpeuformidable

Back to top Go down

Post  slimjen Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:31 pm

How is what your doing work?
slimjen
slimjen

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:33 pm

@tipsycherry I really don't recommend taking pills; honestly, once you reset your hungerstat you really won't have an appetite and you won't need them. I work a weird schedule and usually end up working overnight at least once a week so I know it's challenging when you're up for a while, but pills can do more harm than good. When I was in college I took hoodia as an appetite suppressant and it did work at the time, but I don't know what the side effects are. I find caffeinated and hot beverages to be amazing at suppressing the appetite while you wait for your hungerstat to adjust: black coffee, Lo Carb Monster (10 calories), sugar free Red Bull (20 calories), herbal tea with splenda for sweetness, and Mio Energy liquid water enhancer (0 calories).

I really want to do a month long challenge with you guys but I think it's a little late in the month to start. Who's down for planning a December challenge?
GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  slimjen Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:37 pm

I will definitely need to redo after thanksgiving. Lol
slimjen
slimjen

Back to top Go down

Post  slimjen Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:08 pm

Idk what day I'm supposed to be on but I weighed 173.
so needless to say I need to get my stuff together. I've got a new 5 bite plan I'm wanting to do but I'm not even going to try till Friday. But Friday it's on!!!
slimjen
slimjen

Back to top Go down

Post  tipsycherry Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:00 pm

Thanks everyone. I did do five extra bites at dinner but it was all protein. I weighed myself this am down to 155 from 158. Had a cup of coffee with stevia this am and made it to 9:53 am before having five bites of a egg and turkey omelet. I have a had time doing the snickers bar, but I decided I can do a protein bar as my five bites on mornings like tomorrow where I work at 4:15am.

Turkey day is tomorrow and my family has a really amazing spread. I am going to try my best to behave. Is anyone else worried about tomorrow? I am trying hard to lose the 15 pounds I gained since the last time I saw my friends in June. I would be willing to do a December challenge. How does it work?
tipsycherry
tipsycherry

Back to top Go down

Post  slimjen Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:04 pm

We can start new thread in December. Just your day your on and weight.
slimjen
slimjen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next