5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips for eating out

+3
scibior25
rachee08
starbucks addict
7 posters

Go down

Tips for eating out Empty Tips for eating out

Post  starbucks addict Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:14 am

Hi everyone. I've officially started 5 bite today and have been following this forum for about a week and am so inspired by you guys!

I was wondering if you had some tips on eating out with friends. If I only eat 5 bites I know they will notice and ask me why I'm not eating all my food (as i remember even a month or so ago when I was trying to eat less they would comment on me not finishing all my food as I have always been a big eater!) but I don't want to tell them that I am on this as I know that they will tell me that I am silly for doing this and that I don't need to loose weight etc. (I am currently 5'5 at 122 but want to get down to around 100 - 110)

Does anyone have any good tips when dealing with this type of situation? And would it still work if I used all my bites from one day to use when out for dinner?

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I go out about 3-4 times a week for dinners and brunches but don't want this to sabatage my loss. Sorry for blabbing on

Thanks! Very Happy
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Tips for eating out Empty this ones tough 4 me!

Post  rachee08 Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:50 am

I order sandwiches or something "solid" because they can actually see that part of it is gone instead of a salad or soup or something that looks the same. I also pass on the sides when ordering, just tell the waiter/waitress NO THANKS. lol its less temptation for you and less speculation for the other party. Smile also, order water or diet soda and keep sipping... and chew chew chew. I usually try to get the 5 bites overwith and move on but when I eat out I savor to try and keep it as slooowwww as everyone else. take it slow and leave a lottt of time between bites. Smile good luck
rachee08
rachee08

Back to top Go down

Tips for eating out Empty Re: Tips for eating out

Post  scibior25 Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:37 pm

I always guesstimate what 5 bites would look like and I separate that out of my food and then eat them VERY slowly!! In other words I eat a regular 5 bites in about 20-30 tiny bites. That way it takes longer. It works like a charm. I also skip the side or give it away. No need to be tempted by fries!

scibior25

Back to top Go down

Post  Pam3937 Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:05 pm

I commend you all for being able to observe the 5BD guidelines while dining out. So far, I eat out only 1-2x/week and havenot been able to discipline myself to this yet. In the past, I've always made it a practice NOT to let on to others than I am dieting. The only exception would be a fellow dieter that is actively trying to lose weight. I always get a take out box and box up half my meal, NOT because I want it later (I toss it in the trash by my garage the moment I get home), but because those I'm with won't ask me questions about waste or how little I'm eating. Its somehow better, when I say I'll take it home. Also, if others are paying for my meal, they aren't offended if I take the rest home. I guess, as long as I don't eat out every day, eating half or less than what I used to eat, is much better than what I used to do, so I'm content with that. If I practice the 5BD 85-90% of the time, I'm not goiing to worry about the rest. I will still lose weight, because I am still in a calorie deficit at the end of each week. Sorry to go on and on. Hugs to you all, Pam

Pam3937

Back to top Go down

Tips for eating out Empty Re: eating out

Post  Phenom Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:39 pm

starbucks addict wrote:Hi everyone. I've officially started 5 bite today and have been following this forum for about a week and am so inspired by you guys!

I was wondering if you had some tips on eating out with friends. If I only eat 5 bites I know they will notice and ask me why I'm not eating all my food (as i remember even a month or so ago when I was trying to eat less they would comment on me not finishing all my food as I have always been a big eater!) but I don't want to tell them that I am on this as I know that they will tell me that I am silly for doing this and that I don't need to loose weight etc. (I am currently 5'5 at 122 but want to get down to around 100 - 110)

Does anyone have any good tips when dealing with this type of situation? And would it still work if I used all my bites from one day to use when out for dinner?

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I go out about 3-4 times a week for dinners and brunches but don't want this to sabatage my loss. Sorry for blabbing on

Thanks! Very Happy

Just say "I had a big lunch." That usually shuts everybody up.

Phenom

Back to top Go down

Tips for eating out Empty re: eating out

Post  Snow White Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:06 pm

I know this was posted a long time ago, but in case someone reads it now I'd like to reply:

I always put my napkin over my food when I am finished. If someone wants to lift up the napkin and reprimand you for not eating enough food, they have issues! When I'm with my husband I just get a to go box or offer food to my kids or husband. They are very supportive of my diet and do not question me about it. I hope this helps someone! : )))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Tips for eating out Empty Eating Out

Post  me Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:28 am

If you have a good friend or significant other that you are in cahoots with at the restaurant, you can just not order anything but the tea or diet soda and say you were starving so you already ate before you left home...

Then as the conversation is happening and you are looking at the food, you can steal your five bites off of your partner's plate or desert item. Five bites doesn't take too much away from a restaurant meal. They are commonly huge to begin with.

If you are really good, you may get some from more person than one and end up looking like the indulgent one for trying out other people's food after "already eating".
me
me

Back to top Go down

Tips for eating out Empty Or

Post  me Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:29 am

Or alternately, just order the Appy and take a few bites, sharing with the others.
me
me

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down