5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey

+6
twilight*17
Readyforchange
Lyra
insanity
Dmac
renu712000
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey Empty MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey

Post  renu712000 Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:52 pm

Its Day 5

Just been reading some posts from some of you. Day 4 was hard yesterday since I was working from home.
I think we can all do this. Even if you modify it a little, just realize you are still losing weight. I see some of us hard on ourselves. Its good and bad. No worries. You still love yourself and you still are doing the diet. We all have good days and bad days...Life moves on and WE GET BACK UP!!! All of you are inspiring as well....To see your successes inspires me...so keep going to your goals...its a marathon not a sprint...but if you are close to your goals...then maybe a sprint..lols...but keep it up!! YOU CAN DO THIS ALL OF YOU!!!!

Even if you have an off day, you are still doing the diet the rest of the week. Reading and following Dr. Lewis advice. Its a diet that can be adjusted. When you want to be challenged you can do it. When you are motivate, you can do it. I know I CAN DO IT. So can all of you!!

Sometimes we get weak...that's fine...admit the weakness...admit the moment of weakness..then move on...Get mad..get motivated..get angry...love yourself...and the day moves forward. Just a few reminders to myself and to all of you doing this diet with me.

Its easy...Don't think its hard..IT IS THAT EASY but some of you HAVE DONE THIS ALREADY...Look at the success of the past...say to yourself "I HAVE DONE THIS...I ALREADY CAN DO THIS...I AM GOING TO DO THIS...and I AM"

Positive affirmations...Don't reinforce it with the negatives...The more you create a positive feedback the more you are going to do this diet.

Anyways, just my two cents....

We can do this! I am doing this....

Last edited by renu712000 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

renu712000

Back to top Go down

MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey Empty Re: MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey

Post  Dmac Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:51 pm

Way to go renu. your past the hardest part and it sounds like your head is in the right place. And It is so true its so much ezer to do this when u can stay positive if u look at this as punishment that is what it becomes. Congratulations on your 5 days that is awesome Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey Empty Re: MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey

Post  insanity Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:27 pm

I love your positive attitude! Thanks for the post, very inspiring.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey Empty Stay positive....feedback loop

Post  renu712000 Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:23 am

Yes the more positive reinforcement you create...the more you will continue...

Thanks for commenting!

renu712000

Back to top Go down

MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey Empty Day 6- Tough long day..thought I cheated

Post  renu712000 Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:38 am

I thought I had cheated today..Day 6 was tough. I spread out my bites then I even had a 1/8 of sunflower seeds...Then I weighed myself tonight just to see...wow...I lost another 4 lbs...This is ridiculous!

Since last Friday I have lost 10 lbs. I thought today I screwed. I had spread out my bites 2 bites in the morning, 3 bites around lunch, 2 bites midafternoon and 3 bites at dinner. I even munched on 1/4 handful of sunflower seeds. I've been incorporating some of my low carb knowledge and stuff from Tim Ferriss.

I bought some supplements that he mentioned in the book to help with fat burning. Four of them make up PAGG.Since I am going to be doing this, I might as well maximize everything knowledge I know.

Just a recommendation to any of you..do read Tim Ferriss but don't mix up the diets. Just do this and add the supplements.

Also, from his book I also add some of the exercise philosophy. MED (minimum effective dose) workout. You don't need to work out 5-7 times and tons of REPS. From his own experience and others as well as my own, I agree what Tim Ferriss states in the book. Just keep it simple in both diet and exercise.

I've only been working out since the past month twice a week. I started ZUMBA about 3 weeks ago. Its challenging and gives me great cardio. I try to walk as much as I can the rest of the week but I too get lazy but I do get excited about going to ZUMBA class.

Well I've lost 10lbs since last Friday. Today I lost 4lbs. Actually since I started the new year, total I have lost 20 lbs which I am happy about. I was sad, angry, and mad at myself before new year started because I didn't meet up my goals last year. BUT with this new diet, ZUMBA, and a new focus, its been going.

I have the bad days but it is only temporary. I look forward to the weekends because I feel I even have more control since I won't be sitting all day at work during the week. Even if its work day, I will do it..and I am going to push myself.

Keep going guys...don't make excuses...don't let your emotions and fears get to you...IT IS EASY..IT IS DOABLE...Let's keep going!

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:37 am

wow you're so motivating! Like a Star @ heaven Let's do this!

Lyra

Back to top Go down

MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey Empty Feb 7,2011..NOT a bad day but a LEARNING DAY

Post  renu712000 Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:11 am

Well just got done the weekend. I was doing well until Saturday afternoon.

I had a "learning day". I let a stressful issue affect my emotional state which caused me to lean on food. I realized when a stress arises I let it get to me and turned to food. I went over the bites and indulged. Later that night, I got home and ate several bites of things I just bought for the rest of the week.

I am on a private group with others doing this diet. My friend,who is managing the group and invited me, told me it wasn't a "BAD DAY"...You have to call them a "LEARNING DAY".

I agree and I couldn't remember he said that to me before and I called it a bad day because it felt like I let myself down.

Anyways, today I started back on the five bites. Just done the second five bites and it feels good to get back on it.

I gained a few lbs but then lost a lb already. I think it was the extra meat and water I drank.

Well...LEARNING DAY...NOT a bad day!

Just wanted to share that term with you guys...CALL THEM...LEARNING DAYS...

Ask yourself what was it that triggered you to eat and go over the five bites? You know you have fat still that can be used from your body...so why? what was the cause for going over the diet? You will realize that it something during the day, or the past or some emotion that triggers you to eat more than you should.

Well...I am doing this..I am going to be thin...I am doing

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:15 am

renu712000,

I always am inspired by what you have to say. You seem to know exactly what to say and when to say it. I am so glad that I was able to join this forum and to inteact with people who have such a strong minset and a positive attitude toward life. You Rock!!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:06 pm

I love that its a learning day and not a bad day because I've had a lot of learning days that I called cheats or bad days but i did learn from them like for me one bite Leeds to big binge gum doesn't help me just makes it worse for me and to stay buzy and change focus when its on food but learning day makes it positive I like it Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey Empty Good so keep going and make it to BE THIN!

Post  renu712000 Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:28 am

Ready,

No problem..There will be more. Very Happy

Sometimes our paths will cross and sometimes we will experience same things..Its how we approach and what we can learn from that day to help others..Glad to share my insights with all of you.

BE INSPIRED...BE THIN! THINK I AM DOING THIS and everyday will be a learning day.

Readyforchange wrote:renu712000,

I always am inspired by what you have to say. You seem to know exactly what to say and when to say it. I am so glad that I was able to join this forum and to intefact with people who have such a strong mindset and a positive attitude toward life. You Rock!!

Take care,

Readyforchange

renu712000

Back to top Go down

MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey Empty No bad days...just learning days

Post  renu712000 Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:31 am

Dmac,

Its not a bad day from now on...

Think and say to yourself..."This is a learning day..NOW I am going to do it better tomorrow and be better than today"

So LEARNING DAYS!

Good luck and keep going! We are going to be thin!

Dmac wrote:I love that its a learning day and not a bad day because I've had a lot of learning days that I called cheats or bad days but i did learn from them like for me one bite Leeds to big binge gum doesn't help me just makes it worse for me and to stay buzy and change focus when its on food but learning day makes it positive I like it Very Happy
[justify]

Last edited by renu712000 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total

renu712000

Back to top Go down

MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey Empty Awesome day..another learning day!

Post  renu712000 Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:34 am

The past few days have been learning days!

Today was an awesome day. Had a great time with Zumba tonight! Did the five bites right and I was motivated tonight from also losing weight!! I had gained weight from the learning days. I added back 4 lbs but then I decided to check today and I lost it and lost 2 more lbs!! YES! Awesome, renu! You are doing this!

Gum does help but also makes me hungry at times. I can do this without the gum then. Will filter it out as needed. The matevana tea also helped. I love the taste of chocolate flavored tea..Yum...Got this from Teavana and drink it throughout the day.

Anyways, I am enjoying this..I am going to be thin!! I want to sprint to the end of the weekend and see how much fat I can lose and how thing I can get this weekend!

Keep going!! I AM GOING TO BE THIN!

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:46 pm

renu712000,

Great job on sticking to the 5 bites and exercising. I have heard that Zumba is great! I just don't have the courage to do a class with other people. I am so uncoordinated! I have a room in my house where I exercise. I'll do that until I gain a little more confidence. I love your idea of "learning days". I've had a couple and I have learned many things from them!

Take care and thank you for being so motivating.

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:35 pm

I also love the "Learning Day" concept! That is such a positive way to look at those days. That you for that. Smile
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey Empty Febuary 11, 2011 Learning day

Post  renu712000 Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:38 am

I went over the bites late last night. I was extremely hungry after doing Zumba.

Anyways, check today and still lost 4 lbs..I didn't budge last night. Thinking all the workouts and zumba are building mass so its hiding the fat lost.

Anyways, not as hungry today.

1 bite at lunch...not that hungry but oh well.

anyways, going to sprint it to the end of the week!! yea..baby..I am getting thin! Woot!

Noticed that I need to get a new belt soon and maybe new pants. Cool!

Go go go! going to break that next barrier weight...I am doing this!

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  twilight*17 Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:58 am

renu: Thank you for posting this! Very motivating! I love seeing people losing weight on this plan!! You go! Wink
twilight*17
twilight*17

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:58 pm

renu712000,

Keep up the great work! The exercise does add muscle mass. I think that I may have the same issue. For me, I am trying to focus more on inch loss and how my clothes fit as opposed to the scale.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey Empty Saturday FEb 12, 2011 Go Go Go...Break that barrier

Post  renu712000 Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:47 pm

Saturday,

Well I am close to breaking that weight barrier goal. Lost 4 more lbs. Woo! Its been a great learning experience and awesome to get thin!

The tip that I got from my friend helped. He is the one leading another group. I have to also say the hypnosis I added a few weeks ago helped. I've been using it every few days plus added the supplements.

One thing I learned is the stresses that causes emotional eating. Learning to recognize it helps me figure out why did that and how I am not going to do that anymore.

So keep, Renu...Another goal reached then another week of more goals that can be reached!

Yes..I can..I am getting thin!

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:20 pm

renu712000,

I am so happy for you! You are such a positive voice on this forum. Your success is inspiring!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey Empty Observations and learning day from Valentine's weekend

Post  renu712000 Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:11 am

Learning day: Valentine's

The emotions of this stupid holiday got to me. Monday night, I indulge and I made the conscious choice to over bites. I realized afterward the stress of not planning for this holiday sucked. I did well throughout the day but the evening at night finally weakened my resolve. I know what it is. The emptiness of not being an emotional eater anymore.

With my friend's help he helped identify what was I doing. I catch myself now from using eating as a crutch.

Anyways, today was a great day. I did my five bites for lunch and dinner. I did my zumba and afterwards feel great. Back on and keep on moving.

I've broken that goal weight I wanted and my next goal is coming up again.

Just to help some of you, here are a few things I've added to this journey:

1) Hypnosis for weight loss
2) Positive affirmation and NLP of changing my thought patterns (a great tip from my friend and colleague leading another group
3) Fat-burning supplements to increase the fat burning process
4) Manageable goals and expectations (Note: some of you create too big ultimate goals but you need to break it down into manageable goals if you have a lot of fat to lose. It will happen and can happen fast if you stick to it.. BREAK THOSE lbs into manageable weight loss but it will be rapid!)

5) Weigh once a week if possible at the minimum
6) Read the book!!! I can not stress enough for everyone who does the diet to READ THE BOOK! If you have questions, most of them are in the book. Also, I can also ask my colleague and friend if they are not in the book. READ all the way and refer back to it when you get a chance.

7) KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!! Just because other people will question you...YOU ALREADY KNOW IT WORKS! You have been losing the weight!

Cool REMEMBER WHY YOU DID THIS!! FOR YOU! FOR YOU! YOU ARE BEING THIN! I AM GETTING THIN! "My is different now. I am getting thin. I am getting thin for me first NOT for some event, family, job, and such...IT BEGINS with YOU!"

9) If I struggle, I am ok with it and it happens....IT IS a "LEARNING DAY"....Ask myself/yourself: What? Why? Examine why the struggle and learn it from. Accept that you will have learning days.

10) Realize if I am hungry, "EAT MY FAT"..My body can use my fat. I don't want that fat...So "EAT MY FAT"...Keep that mentality.

11) Teas help, Gum (a little but later it makes me hungry)

12) You don't have to be strict eating at 12 noon and 6 pm...I don't...I sometimes eat either at 10 am or 11 am and then either 4 pm or 5 PM depending on my schedule. Everyone thinks eating at a specific time...You don't have to. You will lose the weight. I get up early like 6-7 am..so think...the days start earlier so my lunch would be either 10 am or 11 am..NOT 12..So I eat then...then at 12 I go read something, or goto mall and walk.

13) I stop eating at night. I do something. Meditate or read or watch netflix or WORKOUT! Zumba has been awesome. I catch up on my reading list. I do ukulele and catch up with that. SO have hobbies! Have interests! You have time!

14) Most important say this: "I CAN DO THIS" "I AM DOING THIS"...every day til I get to what I picture in my mind is thin again!

Anyways, so back on track and I am hoping some of this helps all of you.

Stop with the negativity..LEARN!! LEARNING DAYS! Stop trying to make excuses!

DO IT! LIVE IT! KEEP IT SIMPLE! It is that simple!! Remember its YOU not anyone else that's doing this and making it happen.

Back to my journey...continued... Smile

Last edited by renu712000 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:53 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

renu712000

Back to top Go down

MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey Empty Yes...5 more!! Coolness and reflection

Post  renu712000 Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:41 pm

I had a rough few days due to emotions but today checked my weight. ANOTHER 5 lbs down!! I broke that 30 lb loss!! YAHOO!!!
It is an awesome feeling losing the weight BUT its even more awesomer being thinner and thinner!!

I also struggle but I accept that it does happen and know they are learning days. When I get that emotion of wanting to eat, I reanalyize why now..Up until now, I didn't know that I was an emotional eater. NOW I understand how emotions affect my eating habits. NOW I won't go back to that destructive path. I will learn from these experiences. I will and am coping with the range of emotions through vqrious ways. I can overcome these moments of negative emotions by doing better things with my life.

I broke over that 30 lb loss. The rapid weight loss has been awesome! I've have several "LEARNING DAYS" and they have been awesome learning days. I know what it takes and I AM STRONGER and I BELIEVE IN ME...So can you guys!! BELIEVE in yourself. Don't let others opinions matter...ONLY YOURS COUNT!!

I HAVE THE WILL...I HAVE THE DETERMINATION...Go, RENU! Onto my next gioal, break that next 10 lb mark!! I am going to sprint this weekend to that goal!

You too have the will! You have the determination! All of you can and are doing this! Do it right! Stick to your goals!! Make those goals manageable!!

Zumba tonight!!! OH yea!!! cheers cheers

Last edited by renu712000 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:32 pm

Way to go reaching goal after goal when u have a learning day r u eating alot or just a extra cupl bites wondering about the emotional eating and how someone knows?
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey Empty LANGUAGE LESSONS...a tip from my leader of another 5 bite diet group

Post  renu712000 Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:59 pm

Dmac wrote:Way to go reaching goal after goal when u have a learning day r u eating alot or just a extra cupl bites wondering about the emotional eating and how someone knows?

Dmac,

Thank you for the support. Those learning days turn to either 5-20 bites over depending on what is the emotion, stress, or issues that arise. I catch myself quickly NOW and then begin to analyze why and where this source is coming from. The more I know what is the cause the more I can say "I know now and I am not going to do it now" You have to be honest with yourself but you also must love yourself still no matter what truths come out. It is in this learning process you truly learn.

Pretty much simple...If I go over my ten bites for the day, then I ask myself why? I still have fat that my body can use.....KEEP IT SIMPLE, SILLY...as my sports pysch teacher taught me....so I keep it simple as much as possible.

Here is my friend's tip to my other private group. I am trying to share as much I can to all of you since some of you may struggle or may face the same struggles as I may go through.

Here is one of his advice and what he posted to our group in response to a few things some of us started putting up:

Language lessons:

Language guides your thoughts. The way you talk programs your subconscious. "I'll try" means you will be half assed. "I tried to get here on time" implies failure. So don't try. Do. (Like yoda said). I "Always" Eat before bed. You have just programmed a habit and not given you a chance to change the habit.

"I am an emotional eater." You are now programmed that way, and there IS NO TIME LIMIT. Isn't it better to say,

"Up until now I was an emotional eater."
"Up until now I always ate before bed."

NOW you are acknowledging the problem and you have given it a time limit! IT allows your subconscious to accept the new changes.

RENU: I'm a foodie! LEADER: "In the past I was a foodie, and I now embrace eating only for the minimal nourishment I need. I claim my ability to easily do the five bite diet until I am thin."

Watch for how you talk and how you are programming yourself. Then give timing and insert the desired change to your statements.

Now in this thread throw the things in here you said about yourself in the past about weight loss, obesity, mindset, habits and let's change the language to useful mantras.

There you go....Others in my other small private group have struggled and we all put what we feel, say, believe and write into his private group....My friend and leader of this awesome group analyzes to what we say, do, or write...He doesn't BS...He gives it honestly and straight to the point. He also gives us ways to RETHINK, RESET, READAPT or REDFINE our ways of thinking, saying, believing, and write...

Some here have taken offense to what I respond to. I am just being blunt, honest, and I do care both when you fail and succeed. If everyone just says "good job" or "great", is that being really honest when you know deep down its not what is happening? I would rather be honest and give them better ways to think and do things. Analyze and have them get back on track.

Some are probably more senstive to responses and I understand that. But don't let my opinion get in your way then. Keep thinking what you are thinking then. If you are still getting results, then keep going...don't worry about my opinons and views. BUT if you are not getting the results from this diet,

THEN BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF. ANALYZE YOUR THOUGHTS, EMOTIONS, and BELIEFS....Your subconscious and conscious parts can have certain beliefs that are hard to let go...

Anyways, I am ranting about something else....but this is my journal...so I will rant in MY journal.

Hope this helps, Dmac. You are doing well in this!! I see you have learning days but you keep getting back on and lose the weight. Keep going and get to those goals!!

Last edited by renu712000 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  Everblue Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:56 pm

I totally agree about the things we tell ourselves - they're much more powerful than you'd think. Thanks for this.
Everblue
Everblue

Back to top Go down

MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey Empty When one in the group weakens....here's some help

Post  renu712000 Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:00 pm

One of the members in my other small group struggled. Our guide and group leader provided this awesome advice I wanted to share with you all.

Just in case you struggle once in awhile....

Here is his reply after one member wrote: "struggling this week"

LEADER:

"Reset. This week you start RIGHT AT THIS VERY MOMENT bringing back the resources you find within yourself to succeed. Right now you feel all the positive energy, the positive thoughts, the feelings that allow you to succeed again so that instead of a struggle, you have had a reminder to reenergize what helped you start on your path to success. 5 bites. twice a day. That's it."

I was saying something also in the wrong mindset and he also corrected my frame of thought.

Good stuff and I'll post it later.

Keep going everyone!

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next