5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 Bites At A Time

5 posters

Go down

5 Bites At A Time Empty 5 Bites At A Time

Post  walkerlori Sat May 01, 2010 2:44 am

It's deja vu all over again!

Tomorrow I begin my second attempt with 5 Bites.

Last year I lost about 15 lbs with the 5BD. Unfortunately I lost my focus and returned to my old "lots of bites" way of eating.

This time around I'm ready to go the distance. I learned from my mistakes and am determined not to repeat them.

I picked May 1 as my start date. I have no social obligations for the entire month. I'm also not doing another marathon until June. My only challenge will be traveling for work. If I plan ahead, this shouldn't be an obstacle.

I bought several types of wraps from Trader Joes. My plan is to eat half a wrap plus a protein bar as my 2 5 bite meals. The last time I was on 5 Bites, I tried to construct mini sandwiches or meals. Dr Lewis warned against doing this. He said it's better to just get a regular size meal, eat 5 bites, then throw the rest away. That's my gameplan this time around.

I'm also aware of my trigger times during the day. I know that around 4pm, I'm going to want to eat, even if I'm not hungry. I've got some afternoon activities planned to keep me occupied. When I feel like eating, I'm going to tackle one of the many household projects that I've been avoiding. At the end of May, I'll be thinner and my house will be clean!

I'm going to revive my love of a cup of tea in the evening. Drinking something hot keeps my cravings under control.

Lastly, I'm commiting to be an active participant on this board. I'm grateful to have found a support group of like minded people.

Let the fun begin Smile
walkerlori
walkerlori

Back to top Go down

5 Bites At A Time Empty Welcome back!

Post  Jenny P. Sat May 01, 2010 2:59 am

Welcome back Lori! Glad to have you here! You should read the team dieting idea and see what you think.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

5 Bites At A Time Empty New Month- New Start

Post  Phil Sat May 01, 2010 3:01 am

Walkerlori, I'm starting fresh as well!

Bring on the Challanges!
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

5 Bites At A Time Empty Day 1

Post  walkerlori Sat May 01, 2010 2:59 pm

Thanks for all the encouragement everybody!

Last time around, day 1 & 2 were the hardest for me. I dusted Dr Lewis's book off and plan to read parts of it throughout the day. I'm also not reading any other "diet" or nutrition books during May. That's one of the reasons I veered away from the program. I read about other diets and abandon what works to try something new. I have diet ADD!

As soon as I got up, I drove to my neighborhood Starbucks for a venti bold coffee. Luckily for me, I drink my coffee black. I also picked up a couple bottles of Hint blackberry water. This is the best water to sip all day long. It's so good that I had to check the ingredients, I was certain that it has sugar in it. The ingredients are purified water, blackberry and natural flavor. Zero sugar and zero calories. Whole Foods has more flavors, I'm going to stock up this afternoon. Try this water, it's fantastic!

I'll be back later to update my day...

Day 1 is almost done. So far so good. Here's my food recap..
2:00 3 bites peanut butter/ jelly sandwich 2 bites candy bar
6:45 4 bites veggie wrap 1 bite candy bar

I also went on a long hike with my husband
walkerlori
walkerlori

Back to top Go down

5 Bites At A Time Empty Day 2

Post  walkerlori Sun May 02, 2010 2:51 pm

Thank God for coffee!

Having coffee in the morning really helps control my urge to eat. I'm trying to hold off my first meal until around 2. Then my second meal is around 7. I would rather spend the first part of the day hungry than the last. I hate going to bed with a rumbling stomach.

The coffee pot timer just beeped. Gotta go get a cup. Be back later for an update.

Day 2 is going pretty well. I made sure to drink lots of water, as a result, I'm peeing alot. I had a 6 mile run scheduled with my husband and was able to complete it. We do 3 min of walking/ 1 min of running so it's not as stenuous as just running.

My first meal was 4 bites of a vegetable wrap and 1 bite of a candy bar. We're going out to dinner in about an hour. It's a place we go often so I know the menu. I'm going to get a rice and bean burrito, have 5 bites and pass it to my husband. He likes that I'm on this diet, more food for him!

Last edited by walkerlori on Sun May 02, 2010 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
walkerlori
walkerlori

Back to top Go down

5 Bites At A Time Empty Re: 5 Bites At A Time

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sun May 02, 2010 5:33 pm

thats so funny i do the exact same thing!!!!

except i have tea in the morning with milk and sugar, and then push till about 2:30 for my first 5 bites lunch- usually i just take a spoon, and eat whatever i want for lunch as long as its JUST 5 spoonfuls. The spoon helps to keep this from becoming the CRAM diet and limits my bite sizes. Then i wait again till about 7-7:30 and have a small dinner, as close to 5 bites as i can get.

the tea in the morning is such a helper!! in addition to gum whenever i get a hankering to snack on something just out of habit or boredom.

you guys are all doing so well!!!!!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

5 Bites At A Time Empty Day 3

Post  walkerlori Mon May 03, 2010 10:10 pm

I can't wait until Day 3 is over.

Dr Lewis says that your hungerstat has been reset after 3 days. When your hungerstat is reset, 5 bites will make you feel full. I believe it but even if it's a placebo, that's good enough for me!

My stomach has been rumbling today but luckily I've been busy with work. My husband and I are going for a late afternoon hike. When we return home it will be after 6 pm. I'll have my second meal around 6:30, I don't think I'm going to make it until 7!

Tomorrow I'm working out of town for a couple days. Those days should be easy because I'll be busy. And before I know it, I'll have completed a week.

Food recap:
Last night I ate out with my husband...4 bites egg and cheese sandwich 1 bite brownie

Today at 12:30 I had 5 bites of a protein bar
Tonight around 6:30 I'll have 4 bites of a bean and cheese burrito and 1 bite of a brownie
walkerlori
walkerlori

Back to top Go down

5 Bites At A Time Empty My Hungerstat is Officially Reset

Post  walkerlori Wed May 05, 2010 12:24 am

I'm on day 4, the day Dr Lewis says that your hungerstat would be reset. He says that the diet should be easier now, 5 bites will keep you feeling fuller for a longer amount of time.

It's really amazing, but he's right. My stomach isn't growling very much anymore. I ate my protein bar for lunch, if I didn't know better, I would think that I had a full meal.

The hard part going forward isn't physical, it's mental. I still struggle to not have breakfast or an afternoon snack. When I begin having these thoughts, I take a deep breath and remember that it's my brain that wants to eat, not my body. I'm also comforted by Dr Lewis saying that the 5BD is a diet, not a lifestyle. As soon as I get to my desired weight, I can have a snack or breakfast, if desired. And I might go crazy and have 10 bites per meal! WooHoo!

Todays recap...
12:30 5 bites protein bar
6:30 4 bites bean and rice burrito 1 bite candy bar
I also did a 45 min run/walk this morning
walkerlori
walkerlori

Back to top Go down

5 Bites At A Time Empty Damn you Starbucks!

Post  walkerlori Thu May 06, 2010 12:53 am

I had 3 extra bites today. A mini scone at Starbucks.

It was so strange, I went to Starbucks this morning for my usual tall bold coffee. Before I knew what I was doing, I bought a mini scone. And ate it!

I'm working out of town, I'll blame it on having my food paid for by my company. Before 5 Bites, I would expense out lots of food. My boss will be happy, my food bill is a fraction of what it used to be.

I don't think 3 extra bites is a big deal. I do need to stay focused and not make extra bites a habit. It's a slippery slope when I stray from the plan.

Today's recap...

10:30 3 bites scone
1:30 5 bites protein bar
6:30 4 bites bean / rice burrito 1 bite candy bar
walkerlori
walkerlori

Back to top Go down

5 Bites At A Time Empty Thanks Everybody

Post  walkerlori Thu May 06, 2010 10:33 pm

because of this forum, I'm having a successful day.

Today is day 6, the time I usually get tired of whatever diet I'm on. This is the time I start tweaking or flat out abandon my plans. I end up eating whatver I want for the weekend, then begin researching (yet again) another diet.

I was going down that familar path this morning. Another extra 3 bites of a mini scone at Starbucks. Pretty soon, the "what the hell, start over next week" thoughts invaded my head.

Luckily for me, I was very busy all day. I ate my 5 bites of a protein bar for lunch. When I got home, I checked into this forum as well as Dr Lewis's and began reading.

Fast forward an hour and my head is on straight again. I'm looking forward to my 5 (not 6 or 7) bites for dinner.

Thanks for sharing your experiences on this forum, you guys are the greatest!
walkerlori
walkerlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Fri May 07, 2010 2:38 am

good on u Lori!!!

Keep Going and DON'T GIVE UP!! Smile
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

5 Bites At A Time Empty Uh Oh

Post  walkerlori Sat May 08, 2010 9:40 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx......when you see the x's, you know I'm off track.....
walkerlori
walkerlori

Back to top Go down

5 Bites At A Time Empty forget it, start over!

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sat May 08, 2010 9:54 pm

Buckle down and start over
forget about it, and move along. its just going to lead to emotional eating if u keep finding this as a personal failure.
its not like u lose points for stumbling a little bit. just wake up fresh in the morning and decide that today is going to be a good day, and plan out what ur going to eat, only eat at the times that u have allowed urself and only eat what u have planned to eat. after its done, just walk away and busy ureself with something!!! you can totally do this!! Wink
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

5 Bites At A Time Empty You guys are the greatest....

Post  walkerlori Thu May 20, 2010 10:57 pm

thanks for the supportive words!

I love 5 Bites and know it works. The challenge I have is marathon training. I had a 20 mile walk/run scheduled for last weekend. Dr Lewis would say I have enough energy in the form of bodyfat to sustain me. I chickened out and ate regular meals (and snacks..ack!) for the week leading up to my run.

I finished my 20 miles on Sunday. Today is Thursday, time to get back on the wagon....tomorrow is the day.

Back tomorrow.
walkerlori
walkerlori

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Fri May 21, 2010 7:06 pm

Congrats on the run, what a huge accomplishment! It was probably wise to eat more than 5 bites during that time, I have a hard time to do it with just regular workouts, I cant imagine maintaining my stamina for a 20 mile run while only having 10 bites a day! Very Happy

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

5 Bites At A Time Empty agreed

Post  teaismyhappyplace Fri May 21, 2010 7:21 pm

completely agree with 3jaysmom. When ur talking about a marathon, u have to give ur body more than just 10 bites. You really dont wanna pass out in the middle and feel silly cuz ur muscles could have done the work, but ur on this diet. and PLUS, i doubt u gained fat weight at all since u were doing so much physical activity.

congratulations on the marathon!!!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down