5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips for 5 bd

+3
burbuja
Readyforchange
Slimw5bd
7 posters

Go down

Tips for 5 bd Empty Tips for 5 bd

Post  Slimw5bd Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:42 pm

1. Do not eat breakfast no matter how hungry u are
2. B stimulates appetite, ruins the whole day
3. A meal over 5 bites=delay in the astonishing results
4. An extra bite is not worth it
5. Do not excercise on the first 3 days of the diet, till ur body gets over the hump
Slimw5bd
Slimw5bd

Back to top Go down

Tips for 5 bd Empty Re: Tips for 5 bd

Post  Readyforchange Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Slimw5bd,

Thanks for the diet breakdown. It will certainly help us to stay focused for the road ahead. I would like to add to remember to drink lots and lots of water. It really helps to curb your appetite in the initial days and really helps to keep you regular and hydrated.

If you can't stand just plain water, add a flavor packet to it. Target sells some that are calorie free and sometimes I use those to help mix things up a bit. I also drink lots of green tea.

Stay strong!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Tips for 5 bd Empty Yes

Post  Slimw5bd Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:08 pm

Very good Readyforchange
That's a good idea, will do that
Slimw5bd
Slimw5bd
Slimw5bd

Back to top Go down

Post  burbuja Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:34 pm

I just posted this under my intro, but I should mention it again as it's been so helpful. My new drink = Perrier in a glass, on ice, with juice from 1/2 a lime and a pinch of salt. It is very tasty and has the "I'm drinking a cocktail" feel.

Another tip: Chew gum! Last night I wanted to eat a ton, but after a couple of Perriers, I popped a piece of gum in my mouth and was fine.

burbuja

Back to top Go down

Post  Hello12 Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:18 pm

Hi thnx for the tips! I actually don't have the book and well i live in the carribeans n amazon doesn't deliver there.. Mad i might check ebay, but one question, does it in the book specify some sort of exercise, or if you got to exercise at all?hehe am asking cause am not much of an exercise person but if this can accelerate the process am ready to givce it a shot..

Thnx and hope u doing great on the FBD! Smile
Hello12
Hello12

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:47 pm

He says to continue whatever your doing before the diet so u don't need to exercise but it is ok to
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:39 am

whenever i tried to exercise it stimulated my appetite and it made sticking to the 5 bites really tough. i didnt exercise at all, and i didnt get all flabby- i did lose fat weight and i lost some muscle as well. immediately after i had lost enough weight i started to do some light weight lifting just to tone up and that was really all i needed.

cant really comment on how guys who want to maintain muscle do this diet..
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Hello12 Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:38 pm

I was thinking of doing so toning up exercises at home too, so tomorow will be my fourth day, i guess i'll give it a try..
Hello12
Hello12

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:00 am

Hello12,

I am an avid exerciser. I exercise 6 days a week. I do interval training, walking, and kettlebells. If you are doing weights, depending on how heavy they are, it will slow down your weight loss progress. You will still lose, but not as fast. I didn't start out the diet exercising as often as I do, it just evolved over the course of my journey. I want to be slender and toned. Not just skinny.

I am still doing the 5 bite, but I have stopped going by scale weight. I kept getting depressed with the slow progress that I was making. I was still losing, but not as fast as everyone else. It wasn't until I began to see all of the muscles popping out on my arms and legs that it hit me that I am really toning up and becoming leaner. Muscle weighs more than fat, so the scale may not reflect my progress as much as how things fit or my measurements will. Coming to that realization has helped me to become a little less stressed out about the diet. I am making great progress, just not a quickly weight wise as so many of the other folks on this site. Don't get me wrong, I am extremely happy. I have dropped down from a tight 14 to a loose size 10. My goal now is not to reach 120 pounds like I originally wanted. I now want to get into a size 4. I think that would be about equal to 120 pounds in weight.

I hope this helped.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:00 pm

Readyforchange,
You are so inspirational! I was wondering if all the exercise you do increases your appetite. When I was doing more running, I felt like I was -starving- on the 5 Bite and had trouble sticking to it. Do you feel like you are able to recover from the workouts?

Thanks,
insanity
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:40 pm

Insanity,

Thanks for responding!
Yes! I do feel extra hungry after my workouts. When I finally noticed that my binging tended to be soon after I worked out, I changed my workout time. Now I workout in the evening. After my shower, I can make dinner for my family and then eat. I really don't have time to starve! Since I did that, post workout starvation has not been an issue. Now, I do still have the occassional binge, (usually during that time of the month), but it is not due to the exercising. I am just weak when the extra hormones are surging!

As far as recovery, it has not been an issue. I was really, really tired after my workouts before I changed my time. Now I am just tired.

I hope that this helps.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down