5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amu's journal

3 posters

Go down

Amu's journal Empty Amu's journal

Post  amu82 Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:41 pm

Hi guys, I'm new to the 5 bite diet and this is where I'll be posting my progress. Yesterday December 1st was my first day. I'm 5'6 and 125 pounds, hoping to get to 110 although don't have a scale so will be measuring my progress by clothing. Right now I wear about a 6, hoping to get to a loose 4.

B: 2 cups green tea
L: skipped
D: 5 bites of fruit salad: mixed tropical fruits with yogurt.

One thing is that I absolutely love fruits and have always eaten a lot of them, so yesterday I found myself having to choose between fruit salad, or more solid food and i actually realized that if i have to pick only one thing, i really preferred the fruit.

Lunch I skipped because was too busy cleaning the house and just ddidn't feel like it after i finished.

amu82

Back to top Go down

Amu's journal Empty Re: Amu's journal

Post  spryng Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:58 pm

How did you feel by bed time last night? did the fruit hold you over? I say if you love it then eat it! If you start to feel ravenous though maybe do 3 bites of fruit and 2 bites of some sort of protein but definitely eat what you love Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  amu82 Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:27 pm

I felt pretty good actually. Felt good to go to bed without a bloated tummy. But this morning I was kind of out of. Felt sort of light headed and drowsy at the same time. I'll try to eat lunch today so that I don't feel weak tomorrow.

amu82

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:28 pm

Congratulations on the great start
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:33 pm

Did u c some of us are doing a Christmas challenge if u would like to join
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  amu82 Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Cool, I"ll join!

amu82

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:05 pm

How did today go? Yes the light headed, weakness, exaustion, those are all typical symptoms of this diet for the first 3-4 days so hang in there! Your body is changing and adapting and it will pass Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Amu's journal Empty December 2nd (2nd day)

Post  amu82 Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi guys. It went alright yesterday (my 2nd day). I really wanted fruit again but thought I should do something different so I don't get bored and then binge, but I'm really trying to get a handle on my bites. Maybe I just take ridiculously small bites or something because for lunch I had half an odwalla bar which for me was 5 bites, and for dinner I had half a godiva chocolate bar which again, was 5 bites. Maybe that's why I've always been the last to finish my meals...seems i take really small bites, yet always insisted on finishing my meal. The good part is that I'm pretty much getting satisfied on the bites. Not full exactly, but no longer hungry after i finish.

B: green tea
L: 1/2 odwalla bar
D: 1/2 godiva chocolate bar.

My pants feel a little bit looser this morning (my 3rd day) but that could just be bc they are stretch jeans and I've pretty much stretched them out Smile

Hope everyone else is doing good!

amu82

Back to top Go down

Amu's journal Empty December 3rd (3rd day)

Post  amu82 Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:28 am

L: 5 bites of odwalla bar
D: 3 bites egg and potato salad, 2 bites birthday cake

amu82

Back to top Go down

Amu's journal Empty December 4 (4th day)

Post  amu82 Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:30 am

L: 5 bites fruit salad
D: 5 bites veggie burger

amu82

Back to top Go down

Amu's journal Empty December 5th - 5th day

Post  amu82 Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:43 am

L: 5 bites greek salad
D: 5 bites tomato soup.

I have a cold so I'm all stuffy and congested and can barely taste anything, and not very hungry either. My jeans are really loose on me now, almost falling off if i don't wear a belt, but I'm not sure if it's because of 5 biting, or because I have a cold. I always tend to lose weight when I have a cold, so I'll probably have to wait until it passes to determine if it's the actual diet or if it's just the cold. Hopefully it's the diet, so that way it will stay off Smile

Hope everyone else is doing okay!

amu82

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:03 pm

Your meals look fantastic! and sorry about the cold! Hope it passes soon! I can't wait for your weigh in! Sounds like those lbs are coming off for sure!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  amu82 Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:06 pm

Me too, I'm nervous to see what I weigh. Going clothes shopping this evening, maybe I'll try on some 4's and see how they fit. will let you know how it goes Smile

amu82

Back to top Go down

Amu's journal Empty December 6th - 6th day

Post  amu82 Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:44 pm

L: tomato soup
D: stir fried eggplant with carrots and mushrooms

i did try the 4's on, and they actually fit, but a little snug. I like to wear my clothes a little on the looser side so still have some more ways to go.
here's a question for the ladies: Do you know which brands run the truest to size? i feel like it's so hard to tell, i could be a 4 in one store, and then a 10 in another store.

amu82

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:10 pm

I'd like to know that too! I hate they can't all be accurate, I should be able to wear a 10 in everything but nope, some brands are too big and some are too tight! I probably can wear 8's in those brands that run big but then I feel like I'm not truly an 8 so I won't buy them, LOL
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Amu's journal Empty December 7 - 7th day

Post  amu82 Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:23 am

Spryng, same too! If i can fit into a 4 but i feel or have heard that the brand does the whole vanity sizing thing, i don't buy it. it's so silly and vain, if the clothes look good, you would think that i would just buy it, but i don't! - i guess it's just me being neurotic.

anyway, today was okay. still feeling under the weather, and really don't have much of an appetite, but if i take cold medication on an empty stomach it makes me nauseous so i have been eating

B: nothing
L: odwalla bar
D: veggie soup

amu82

Back to top Go down

Amu's journal Empty it's been a while

Post  amu82 Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:05 pm

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well.

It's been a while since I've posted here, but it's not because I wasn't following the 5bd. I've just had a lot of holiday stuff going on so haven't had the time to go online. Anyways, I've been doing well actually. I basically just tried to maintain during the past couple of weeks as I didn't want to stress about religiously sticking to only 5 bites be out even with being less strict, I've managed to drop a pant size, and can now easily slip into a size 4 and can work myself into a size 2, although just barely Smile

So I don't really know how I did it, because I thought I was eating way more than I should be, but then again sometimes it's as easy to overestimate your bites as it to underestimate especially when your stomach shrinks.

I'm going to try to start posting again just so I can keep myself accountable as I try to figure out how to maintain.

I hope everyone has a great new year's!

amu82

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:35 pm

It will be great to have someone post their maintenance on this plan! I've yet to see it and I'm eager to see how others handle it Smile and congrats on losing another pant size! You have done great!!!! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Amu's journal Empty thanks!

Post  amu82 Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:23 pm

Hi Spryng,

Thanks, yes, it actually hasn't been that hard in terms of feeling satisfied on less food. and my sweet tooth cravings are pretty much gone too which is always nice. The only hard part is when people ask why i'm eating so "little", but honestly to me, the amount of food you get in 5 bites isn't really all that little any more. I'm thinking this is the way naturally skinny people might eat. I've still been 5 biting bc i get full on just that much, and i'm too scared to venture over the 5 bites. I guess i imagine that i might all of a sudden lose control and eat huge portions...dunno. I think i'm going to have to do it gradually, like just start adding in 1 extra bite per meal and see how i feel.

i know i said i would post more, but haven't been coming online too much. will try to from tonight.

amu82

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:47 pm

So if you are still just doing 5 bites are you still losing weight?
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down