5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this is my journal

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

this is my journal Empty this is my journal

Post  ControlIt Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:52 pm

I started the 5bd April 26.  This is my second day.   Yesterday did good and rode my bike 3 miles.  I think I lost 2 pounds.  But could be water.   Today at the mall I had the smallest bowl of pasta I've ever had and only ate 1/2 of it.   Cesar salad was just as small.   So dinner will be something small.   My snack was half a frozen snickers.  Like them frozen.  They last longer

Starting weight 201.4 lbs.
Goal weight. 155 lbs. By Oct. 25 2014
Age 50

ControlIt

http://www.travelsimplified.net

Back to top Go down

this is my journal Empty Day 3

Post  ControlIt Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:00 pm

This works.    I weighed myself after Day 2 this morning (beginning of day 3)   My weight is at 198.4 pounds.  3 pounds in two days.  
Some people are mentioning headaches or dizziness.  I've had none of this.  Maybe eating a low calories/high protein breakfast helps...  1 piece of 45 calorie bread and 1 egg  (made like french toast)  Lunch today?  Maybe only one piece of 45 calorie bread, some ham and cheese and light mayo.  Drinking water, tea, diet lipton citrus green tea, diet root beer and a First Greens drink in the morning.  (all veggie and friut)    One thing, I was taking Malox before I started this diet.  I was so very constipated for 6 years due to some meds.  I notice today, I'm thinking to cut back on this.  I'm having very loose stools to be blunt.    Very Happy
Day 3 I was alot hungrier. But for lunch I had a sandwich with deli sliced ham, ww cheese, light mayo, bread 45 calories whole grain and lettuce.
1 regular size snickers in the afternoon.
6 bites of shredded pork with no sauce.
1 cup of whole grain special K cereal
I'm sure I won't loose as much as the first two days but if I loose some, that is my goal.

Last edited by ControlIt on Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : finished day 3)

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

this is my journal Empty Day 4

Post  ControlIt Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:05 pm

Scale this A.M. Day 4 said 197.0  Laughing 
Lost but not as much as I wanted to Obviously I cheated on DAy 2 alittle.
Day 4
Breakfast: 1 piece 45 calorie whole grain bread and 1 whole egg
Snack 1 C Canteloupe
Lunch (Messed up, probably won't loose) Panera Brocolli cheddar soup (330 Calories) with the bread. (150 Calories) A snickers is 240 calories
Full king size snickers in the afternoon. dumb!  Sad 
I'm going to try to work out to burn it off this evening.

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

this is my journal Empty Day 6

Post  ControlIt Thu May 01, 2014 3:36 pm

Day 6 I lost 2 pounds yesterday   Very Happy 
I did not record Day 5 because I wanted to really concentrate on loosing that 2 pounds again.
Yesterday I ate:
1 piece of 45 calorie bread, 1 egg, cooked like french toast with 1T Light Syrup
1 cup of cateloupe.
1 small chef salad from Casey's convienence store and FF French dressing.
1 fish sandwich from McDonald's.
1 snicker's bar.
1 C of Progresso Vegetable beef soup with 15 crackers.
I exercised lightly for 45 minutes off and on with an elyptical machine.

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

this is my journal Empty Re: this is my journal

Post  ControlIt Fri May 02, 2014 2:19 am

Day 6  
Today, after prayers day after day wanting to be skinny, God gave me an idea when I up.,
I thought about something I want so bad it makes me cry.
In my case, it means so much to me if my husband would go to church with me. I want this more than anything in the world right now. !!
So I'm going to ask him:  
If I loose 50 pounds, would you go to church with me 2 Sunday's a month.
If I loose 60 pounds, would you go to church with me 3 Sunday's a month.
He already attends church every Sunday but it's a horrible church.
LOL    when I think about this possibilty..oh my, its easy staying on the diet.

Also I see why Snicker's are advised for Lunch and Dinner.
The size gets me back in control of portions.
Not good to eat forever but.....It has that something  sweet I crave after lunch and dinner.
It has that protein that keeps me from getting hungry.
So, I'm encouraged this will work.  !!!

WooHooo!  he said yes!  If I get down to 150 pounds, he will go to church with me 2 Sunday's a month.
So, I'm going to work really hard at this. Everytime I think about not taking those 5 bites, I;m going to remind myself how happy I will be when he is going to church with me.   Plus, I will feel better and look better.

to eat:  
1 piece of 45 carlorie bread, 1 egg, 1 T FF milk.  
Salad and a reg. size snickers (frozen)
Yorgurt (light) with granola
5 bites of shredded pork.
I was hoping to exercise but didn't get that done tonight.

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Fri May 02, 2014 2:29 am

That's great!!

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

this is my journal Empty Day 7

Post  ControlIt Sat May 03, 2014 2:21 pm

Not as good as I hoped.
198.1  on day 7
Started at 201.4
So I only lost 3 pounds....
At least I lost not gained. Smile  

I messed up 2 days so that is the obvious reason I did not loose as much.
My 1st goal,  loose 20 pounds by the end of May

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

this is my journal Empty Great advice

Post  ControlIt Sat May 03, 2014 2:53 pm

I just saw this post from someone back in 2011.
I think its great advice!

Dr. Lewis was my primary doctor about 6 years ago (before this diet had ANY recognition outside his office). I went for a checkup one day and seeing that I was overweight he told me about his 5 bite diet. I immediately started the next day and pretty much stuck to it for the next 3 months...I lost somewhere around 40 lbs. (I started at 240 lbs.) I've thought about going on the diet again and have weakly tried many times over the years but have never followed through. Until NOW!

I am on day 4 and have cheated in tiny ways but am trying to do better and be stricter each day.

Here are the main pointers Dr. Alwin gave me that day in his office:

~Make sure to take a mulit-vitamin every day.
~No breakfast, 5 bites of anything at lunch and 5 bites of anything at dinner.
~You can have as much diet soda, and black coffee as you want.
~Drink LOTS of water
~Walk for 1/2 hour 3 times a week.

For me a few tricks I've learned....

~Making most of the bites of one meal protein is a HUGE help (especially in your first 3 days when you feel weakest)
~If you absolutely can't handle it at first and are going to cheat eat something like raw almonds or fish or chicken. Stay away from carbs.
~Do not beat yourself up if you DO cheat...that one night binge in that week is not a deal breaker - you will still lose weight (Just not as much as quick)
~If you're feeling like giving up, play with your fat! (I know this is really strange, but it works for me and grosses me out lol)

I hope this helps, and I'm totally going to use this forum to get me through my tough spots! Good luck everyone!

flutterbydream

View user profile Send private message

Back to top Go down

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Sat May 03, 2014 3:09 pm

Great job! Thanks for the pointers- every little bit helps. I too find protein to make a huge difference- i love hamburgers- and eat one almost every day! And still losing like crazy! This is such a motivating plan- and because of the rapid success i don't feel like cheating! Losing fast while eating all your favorite foods? Yep- sign me up! Have a great day! We are here for you!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Sat May 03, 2014 6:18 pm

Thanks for sharing! I found something I wanted to post yesterday, but forgot. Every tip, advice and encouragement makes me stronger!!!!

I just bought 3 snickers and my son asked for one. I said NO this is my diet food. He laughed and said that ain't no diet food!! He is only 8 but he will be the first to notice the miracles of those snickers when the pounds start dripping off. Very Happy 

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Sat May 03, 2014 6:46 pm

Haha that's great! Love it! Had eggs Benedict this morn. This truly is nuts - but I love every 5 bite bit of it!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

this is my journal Empty Day 8

Post  ControlIt Sun May 04, 2014 12:50 am

Day 8
today I had my usual breakfast.
1 piece of 45 calories whole grain bread and an egg
Lunch: Subway 6" whole wheat turkey breast sandwich with light mayo
I had them cut it in half and wrap seperately.
I ate one 3 inches at lunch and 1 3 inch after my 8 mile bike ride.
Dinner: 1 piece of baked chicken breast 10 bites.
I've decided not to weigh myself.
This week I'm going to try no breakfast, just my veggie drink in the a.m.

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

this is my journal Empty Thanks for the encouragement

Post  ControlIt Sun May 04, 2014 12:55 am

Tammyjm10 and Sexy123
Thank you so much for the response!
I love the advice that flutterbydream posted about "Play with your fat" haha
So today, I found myself pinching the fat around my stomach alot.
It actually helped me remember I'm Fat! Instead of loosing sight of my real weight.
Shelly Laughing 

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicNumber3 Sun May 04, 2014 1:14 am

That's a good idea having them cut the 6" in half and eat them at separate times - I gotta try that out!

In any case, good job, you're on the right track!

MagicNumber3

Back to top Go down

this is my journal Empty THANKS Magicnumber3

Post  ControlIt Sun May 04, 2014 1:29 am

MagicNumber3.
Thanks. I think its important to find a way to do it that works for you. I'm not skipping meals because I don't want to get so hungry I give up. But I'm trying to watch my bites at each meal.
I hope you are right because after 6 days I only lost 3 pounds.
I think it just takes time to learn how to do this.

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

this is my journal Empty My goal...

Post  ControlIt Sun May 04, 2014 1:30 am

Surprised My goal; to loose 20 pounds each month.
That means I should be able to loose 60 pounds by Aug 1... I'm hoping.  Smile 

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Sun May 04, 2014 2:54 am

My goal is quite similar.

Don't stress yourself out about the calories. Just relax and let your body work the diet out for you. To me, not worrying about the calories makes the plan easier to follow and thus harder to fail.

If you want to lose faster perhaps you can just try to follow the Dr's plan for 5-7 days. You may be stronger and your body may respond better than you think. Before this week, I would never skip breakfast and surprisingly, I am not starvingly hungry. Perhaps the coffee helps or maybe it's just mental because I realize that my body is burning stored fat during breakfast which leads to more weight loss. You have a great support system here that will help you through the hardest days. (3 lbs in 6 days is AWESOME, but you sound a bit discouraged by those numbers). Then if you absolutely cannot do it, then make small adjustments (like eat breakfast later) but try to stay as close to the plan as possible.

Either way, we are here for you. And will cheer you on to goal.  cheers  We got this!!!!

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Sun May 04, 2014 3:56 pm

I too want to lose at least 20 pounds a month. But yes- i was also one who couldn't imagine not eating breakfast. But like Sexy- i really think it makes a difference not eating it. But if you do- you will still lose just maybe not as fast. Either way- this will work. I am a true believer. Im starting day 9 today- and feel fantastic. Keep you spirits up- and keep posting! It helps! We are all in this together! We WILL DO THIS! Happy Sunday to you!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

this is my journal Empty Rode my bike today-very weak

Post  ControlIt Mon May 05, 2014 2:56 am

Today, day 8 Sunday
It's the first day I have not ate breakfast.
I thought I was going to interrupt this mornings church service the way my stomach was rolling, and growling.  Laughing 
I don't plan to weigh tomorrow.
I'm going to wait a week because I definitely don't want to be discouraged.

Today:
No breakfast.
I did have a drink I mix with water and ice. It's a Green's first drink every morning. (A powder of vegetables and fruits)
I took a 200 calorie sandwich for lunch from home.
(2 pieces 45 calories bread, shredded ham, shredded turkey, slice of cheese and 2T light mayo)
1 Strawberry parfait made with greek yourgurt: 200 calories for snack in the afternoon about 2pm
1 cup of canteloupe this afternoon to get me through my bike ride..
Riding my bike 5 miles I felt weak, so I ate a regular size snicker. 240 calories.
At home this evening I made my favorite slushie and it was very satisfying.
In a ninja blender I mix,
2 cups unsweetened frozen strawberries,
1 cup of 100% natural pomengrante juice,
1 banana, 3 cups water and 2 cups of ice)
I pour this into 5 plastic cups, and put in the freezer for each night or afternoon.
Now that I think about everything I ate today, it is nowhere near 10 bites a day.
I plan to have one in the evenings when I feel I need something more to get me through to lu
It's 10PM my stomach is growling. ...but I am burning the fat in my stomach right? haha so I'm going to bed and try to ignore it.
So, if this worked today, I think I can do this.

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

this is my journal Empty day 13. 6 pounds. feel better than when i ate food

Post  ControlIt Fri May 09, 2014 12:56 pm

Day 13. I was 201. This morning 195. 6 pounds. Slow but I am not doing the diet completely. But I can eat this way forever. Until the stress comes. Lol.

I think I post too much in a forum but I've never done a forum before.

I thank god every day that Phil has created this forum. Thank you!!! You are helping so many people

Something funny. I've discovered I feel so much better not eating than what I thought was healthy eating two weeks ago..
No anxiety; no stress, I can so handle work better. A lot if credit goes to God because of the peaceful feeling I have from accepting him as a my savior Jesus. Feeling calmer. Thinking straighte r. And I'm thinking about deleting or changing things in my life that create stress. We will see.

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

this is my journal Empty the book

Post  ControlIt Fri May 09, 2014 12:58 pm

I've posted some word for word things from the book on the team challenge forum. 50 and want someone accountable . Hope it helps

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Fri May 09, 2014 2:46 pm

You can never post too much! Writing helps those of us who need it! And you have been very helpful with all your notes! I am feeling kinda discouraged this morn. The scale hasn't moved ! I am still stuck on 244. Despite me following this to the letter. But I won't quit. I will hang in there. I still have lost 16 pounds in 2 weeks- but the way I'm eating you would think I would be losing at LEAST a pound in 3 or 4 days! I don't know what it is- but I will keep at it!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicNumber3 Fri May 09, 2014 4:13 pm

I love your posts, Control. And I'm glad you're finding a sustainable way of eating for yourself!

"Something funny. I've discovered I feel so much better not eating than what I thought was healthy eating two weeks ago.."

I'm feeling the same way! I've come to embrace hunger/a lighter feeling in my stomach over the last couple of weeks. I've also, like you, been mulling over the idea of saying sayonara to stressors in my life (some of them are people, unfortunately).

MagicNumber3

Back to top Go down

this is my journal Empty Thank you everone for your encouragement

Post  ControlIt Sat May 10, 2014 1:41 am

Thanks everyone!

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

this is my journal Empty slowly but surely

Post  ControlIt Sat May 10, 2014 1:07 pm

Day 15
I Lost 8 pounds.
My biggest lose was yesterday, 2 pounds.
I think it is because I only had 1 CAN not bottle of diet root beer.
I still have very loose stools....I don't know why but I hope that stops.
Yesterday I ate:
My Greens first drink for breakfast.
A ham, turkey, cheese sandwich on 1 piece of 45 calories bread whole grain bread with light mayo
Canteloupe - 10 bites in the afternnon (I just craved fruit)
Big Mac at McDonald's before riding my bike 5 miles.
Then I ate nothing the rest of the day. I felt I needed the energy before riding my bike, I was still felt weakness in my legs more than before I started the diet, but it was easier with a little in my stomach.
Dr Lewis says: Diet to loose weight, exercise for your heart, mind, etc.
Bike riding helps relieve the stress in my mind and I sleep so much better. I can't wait until I reach my goal weight because it will be so much easier and fun to ride a bike. Who knows, maybe I will attempt the RAGBRI Very Happy  Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa yearly. I haven't ate anything since 5:30 PM yesterday.
My stomach is growling this morning but I'm not going to feed it....not until it uses up all that fat in my stomach, it has plenty to eat!!! Laughing 

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next