5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 Bites to freedom! Kay's Journal :)

5 posters

Go down

5 Bites to freedom! Kay's Journal :) Empty 5 Bites to freedom! Kay's Journal :)

Post  kizzykay Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:11 am

So this is day one of my journal...technically I haven't started yet. Well I've been attempting to start for the past 2 days but by the time I get home, I end up binging for the rest of the night! I think I have always associated my house with a safe haven for eating...so I end up eating way too much. Anyways, I'm going to be doing 5 bite starting tomorrow. I was thinking about using these little tupperware bowls that I have to put food in. I have some that hold 118 mL and the others hold 100 mL. The only thing I'm worried about is if this might end up being more than 5 bites...ugh. Well I won't worry too much about the logistics. If eating out of those containers makes it easier for me to follow the diet and thinking about 5 bites makes me more likely to binge, then I will eat of the containers any day Smile. In fact, when I followed the diet for the first time about 3 years ago, I would eat out of the 118 mL containers and I was able to lose at least 5 pounds per week consistently. It was when I started to slow that in weight (possible plateau) that I started to binge often rather than push through the plateau LOL but now I know better Smile.

Anyways, I will also be doing daily hypnosis sessions to combat emotional eating and overeating in general. I have a 5 cd disk set, so I will listen to one cd per day to focus on one area. Hopefully this works out!!

I just need to get over the first 3 days and I'm sure the rest of the journey will be easier Very Happy

kizzykay

Back to top Go down

5 Bites to freedom! Kay's Journal :) Empty Re: 5 Bites to freedom! Kay's Journal :)

Post  Dmac Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:27 am

Welcome to the site have u dun the hypothesis before?
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

5 Bites to freedom! Kay's Journal :) Empty Re: 5 Bites to freedom! Kay's Journal :)

Post  kizzykay Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:00 pm

Dmac...I have not tried hypnosis really before. Well actually, I did have one CD that I tried to listen to but the guy's voice was VERY creepy lol. This CD set I have includes cds on overcoming emotional eating, busting cravings, exercise, thinking like a skinny person and etc. I'm going to do a round of them today and then I'll do one or 2 of the cds every day.

Anyways, I bought fibre granola bars today to have for lunch. I'm much a night time eater so I don't mind having the same thing over and over again for lunch. My parents often switch up what we eat for dinner so at least I have some variety. I'm starting tomorrow! I just need to get over the 2 day hump and I think it will be very easy for me! I have 26 days until I go on vacation for a weekend so I'm hoping to drop at least 15 pounds!

kizzykay

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:35 am

Welcome! I have a weightloss hypnosis app for my phone and it really did help! I need to start them up again as well. Anything extra to help us is a plus.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  kizzykay Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:14 am

What is your app called? I would love to have one available on my phone Smile

kizzykay

Back to top Go down

Post  kizzykay Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:01 am

UGH!!! I'm getting soo tired of my lack of willpower or restraint or whatever word can be inserted that represents the fact that I still havent started! I think I probably ate about a pound of halloween candy tonight and now that I look back on it, I'm pretty disgusted with myself...but anyways, I'm bringing the remaining candy to school for my students (as much nut-free junk as I can carry haha) and I'm starting this journey again FOR REAL tomorrow! I need to find ways of stopping myself in these randoms spurs of eating so that I don't have to feel bad about it after because there won't be an after haha...any ideas? I think my main problem is that when random events occur in my life that involve eating out (i.e. not eating at home) then I feel like my whole diet is ruined...this is not good thinking I know! I need to listen to those hypnosis tapes! haha

kizzykay

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:48 am

The app is just called weight loss hypnosis, has a picture of a green apple with a measuring tape around it... and don't feel bad about yesterday! holidays are tough to stick to a diet...I know I'm getting back on track today as well so lets do it together Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

5 Bites to freedom! Kay's Journal :) Empty You'll do fine.

Post  LLJames Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:55 pm

kizzykay wrote:I'm bringing the remaining candy to school for my students (as much nut-free junk as I can carry haha)

The fact that you are bringing the remaining candy to your students so that you are not tempted is great. You are a problem solver and I know you'll make it with this diet. Its normal to put it off to build yourself up to it. It took me three days to build up to it and I just did it. Only one party on Friday where I slipped up and then went right back to it and my suggestion is for you to find a way not to feel guilty about blowing your diet. Guilt is like a weed in the mind that keeps you from focusing on your motivation for dieting in the first place. Forgive and love yourself.
LLJames
LLJames

Back to top Go down

Post  kizzykay Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm finally on Day one!!! And it feels great Smile I just had my 5 bites of a peanut butter sandwich for lunch. I was tempted to eat the other half of the sandwich, and actually did start chewing it, but I immediately spit it out!...hmmm I could be on to something here with the spitting out before swallowing but whatever! lol So far there are no "inner voices" telling me I crave burgers or Halloween candy which is actually really surprising! I think my body just said enough is enough! I'll keep everyone posted Smile

kizzykay

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:05 pm

Keep up the great work! Just push past the first 3-4 days and it will get much easier I promise Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:13 am

Sprying is right, get past the three days and you won't feel as hungry. That's funny about spitting out that bite. There have been a couple of times where i was tempted to take another bite and then I quickly gave the rest to my dog Laughing
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down