5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

insanity starts again

3 posters

Go down

insanity starts again Empty insanity starts again

Post  insanity Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:36 pm

My life has finally calmed down again. My husband and I finally closed on the short-sale house we were trying to buy, and have started staying there as of this week. Last year, by exercising, counting calories, and later 5 Biting, my weight dipped down into the low 150's before Thanksgiving, but then slowly creeped back into the 160's. Then, after moving, a couple of trips home, staying with my mother-in-law the excellent cook, losing my Grandmother to kidney failure, etc., I gained back the rest of the weight I lost on 5 Bite, and reached the neighborhood of my highest-ever weight. I've been tossing around the idea of going back on 5 Bite, and tried to start it several times in the past few weeks. I feel/think/hope that I'm now ready. I coworker took a photo of me last week and I look huge! I literally have a spare tire in my lower belly area. I need to lose my extra weight, for health reasons, and also to look and feel good. Today is Day 1.

Starting stats:

Height: 5' 4.5" (164 cm)
Weight: ~183
Ultimate Goal Weight: 110

My immediate goal is to stay on 5 Bite through December 31st. If I don't have a limit, I go totally off the rails during holidays. I already seriously overindulged for Halloween, so hopefully I will stay on track for the rest of the year.

I'm excited that I've joined a local karate dojo. I've been training there for a little over 2 months. So far, I've been training twice a week, but hopefully can start 3x a week now that I'm staying in the area. I'm still doing some running, but lately I've only been running once or twice a week. I do plan to slowly work up my mileage again. I attend a yoga class once a week, and also a tai chi chuan class once a week. I plan to add in walking on my breaks or lunches at work. I have no problem exercising, though I can be lazy at times. It's just the eating that I struggle with.

Last edited by insanity on Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected my starting weight - finally unpacked my bathroom scale.)
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

insanity starts again Empty Re: insanity starts again

Post  spryng Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:06 pm

Welcome back Insanity!!! I can't wait to follow your progress. Setting those goals and getting started is half the battle and just think how ahead of the weightloss game you'll be come january 1st when most others are just starting Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:15 pm

Great to see you back sorry to here about your grandmother
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:51 pm

It's really awesome to see some new faces here, and some regulars still hanging around.

spryng - Thanks for checking in and for the welcome back! Yes, I'm looking forward to being fitter and well into my weight loss journey by Jan 1st.

dmac - Thanks so much. I really appreciate the kind thoughts. It's so nice to see you're still here.

Yesterday's food:

B - 2 cups Chai tea w/creamer
L - 2 bites Greek yogurt, 3 bites apple
D - 1 bite Greek yogurt, 1 bite almonds, 3 bites apple

Walking - two 15-min walks
Karate - 1.5 hr

I'm just not ready to give up my creamer. If my weight loss stalls, I'll definitely consider eliminating it. I have started drinking Coke Zero again, in addition to other non-calorie drinks (lots of water, flavored seltzers, Perrier mineral water). The diet sodas add variety and seem to kill the hunger more than other non-calorie drinks.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:27 pm

Your meals look great. what belt are ya ?
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:21 pm

I've started over as a white belt again under my new instructor. The highest belt I've gotten in the past was green, which in Shotokan is about halfway to black belt. I don't mind starting over. I was really out of practice and out of shape. Earning a black belt is definitely a major goal in my life. My teacher has mentioned testing me, but I'm not sure when that will be.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:03 pm

My daughter is a second degree black belt in tkd she started when she was 8 she's just getting started again trying for her 3rd degree that was one of the best decisions that we made getting her started in that. That's cool you're doing that again as well
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:09 pm

Very cool that you started her young in martial arts! She obviously works hard and diligently in her training to achieve such a high level. Karate definitely changed my life, for the better. I started karate at the age of 29, been training off and on, and now I'm so happy to be training regularly again at age 40. I wish I'd started at a young age, but better late than never.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:50 pm

(copy of my post from the challenge thread)

Weight yesterday was 180, today it was around 179.5. I'm down from 183 lbs last Thursday. I'm pleased with my loss, 3+ lbs in 5 days.

Yesterday morning, while working on the house, I was feeling a bit dizzy and light-headed, mostly when I stood up after kneeling down while working on the house. I ate slightly more than 5 bites for each meal, but I was pretty close to 5 Bite, so I'm not upset.

B - Coke Zero, Coffee w/creamer
L - Campbells Select Chicken Soup - ate the whole can, 220 calories
D - 6 bites mixture of angel hair pasta + margarine + parmesan + fresh orange pepper
Powerade Zero

Worked around the house all day
Body Sculpting video, whole body with light weights ~ 1.5 hrs

Today so far:
B - Coke Zero, Coffee w/creamer
L - 2 bites Greek yogurt, 3 bites apple
Walk - 15 min

Planned evening:
D - 5 bites brown rice mixture (with garlic, margarine, fresh orange pepper)
Yoga - 1 hr
Tai Chi - 1 hr

I've been hungry today, but I've felt better today than I did yesterday morning.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:32 pm

Meals are looking good and workouts are amazing!! I wish I could devote an hr or more a day to working out. Truth is I just despise it, LOL but walking so far has been working for me. I'm hoping to get up to about 45 min a day or around 10,000 steps each day, each week I'm adding more and more.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:56 pm

Spryng - Thanks! I think walking is fine while doing 5 Bite, but I'm an exercise fanatic. I love it. But seriously, getting up to 10,000 steps will be awesome!

insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:18 pm

Well I hope you rub off on me Insanity, lol

today has been super long for some reason... so glad its about over. I've hit my steps for today so that is good. Just wishing this week would hurry up, I'm so ready to start my 10 days off that I'm super distracted at work... two more days, I'll make it!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:06 pm

Spryng - way to go, hitting your step goal!

Yesterday:

B - Coffee w/creamer
L - 5 bites cheese pizza (sooooo yummy! but it wasn't very filling. I was hungry all afternoon)
D - 5 bites pasta + tuna + garlic sea salt + margarine

5 min warm up, cool down
Treadmill - running, 30 min
Eliptical - 15 min
Stretching - few minutes

Walk - 15 min

I'm having a long afternoon today, but staying strong. I've got karate tonight, and my first belt test. Should be quite a workout.

insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:44 pm

Good luck on your test!! Your meals look great and pizza sounds yummy right now Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:16 pm

Spryng - Pizza is my favorite food!

I don't have the results of my karate test yet, I'm not sure how long it takes for the instructor to give the results. I think the test went OK. Some of it probably could've been better, but I felt like I aced the sparring which had been my weak point in the past.

Yesterday:

B - Coke Zero + Coffee w/creamer
L - 2 bites apple, 3 bites leftover pasta + tuna mixture from last night
D - 5 bites whole wheat penne with margarine, parmesan, and fresh red pepper

Walk - 15 min

Karate - 1.5 hrs
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:59 pm

Well I hope he doesn't keep you in suspense too long! Your meals look great!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down