5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAINTENANCE - How the Doc DOES IT!!!

3 posters

Go down

MAINTENANCE - How the Doc DOES IT!!! Empty MAINTENANCE - How the Doc DOES IT!!!

Post  16Again Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:15 pm

Hi all,

At the beginning of June, 2011, Doc Lewis answered a direct question about his own maintenance over at his Slimming Station:

Good question. I want to preface my answer by saying that I NO LONGER NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT. I do use the diet, periodically, if the scales start to creep up, but that happens very infrequently, as I've learned over the years how to keep my weight under near-perfect control.

I still do not eat breakfast, except maybe once or twice a month, when my family goes out to a breakfast/brunch place. Under those circumstances I am likely to skip or eat a very light lunch. BUT, religiously, I have a peppermint mocha every morning. I really like coffee--either black, or in mocha form. I drink two mochas a day, one for breakfast and one after lunch. Each mocha is near 500 calories: 1000+ calories alone in just coffee. (ONCE AGAIN: I don't want anyone else doing this until they are done losing weight and have control.)

For lunch I usually grab something fast and easy. Lunch is usually about 20 bites of something--anything. I often eat at the hospital, so I eat whatever they are serving that day. I try and get a little salad in once in awhile. I also eat a banana a couple times per week. I will often eat at a fast-food restaurant for lunch if I'm not going to the hospital. My favorites: In-N-Out Double-Doubles (no fries, though), Carl's Jr. "Big Carl's", and Tuna Bullets from Quiznos (a sub sandwich place).

Dinner is out or whatever my wife is making. It's my big meal of the day. I eat absolutely anything and everything, but probably no more than 30 or so bites. I don't count anymore. I don't need to.

I NEVER snack, unless I'm at a party. Then I'll have some hors d'oeuvres.

I've lost my craving for coke and soda. I may open a can of soda once or twice a week at the hospital, but invariably I'll have a few sips (less than half of it) and throw the rest away. I just want the taste. There's absolutely no point in consuming all 12 ounces. That is such an UNempowered thing to do.

I don't know how this will help you, but there you go. Remember: I AM DONE losing weight. You need to get there FIRST.

I weigh one pound less today than I did when I finished the diet in '05 -- 6 years ago.

Focus be to all!
Al

I hope this helps us all!!!

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

MAINTENANCE - How the Doc DOES IT!!! Empty Re: MAINTENANCE - How the Doc DOES IT!!!

Post  Lyra Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:36 am

Thank you very much for sharing this Smile
It's very motivating for me

Lyra

Back to top Go down

MAINTENANCE - How the Doc DOES IT!!! Empty Re: MAINTENANCE - How the Doc DOES IT!!!

Post  herbsgirl Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:40 pm

Its all about counting those bites. I have a wrist golf counter I got for around 10.00 on Amazon. It keeps track of my bites. Also take one minute per bite helps drasticly. Eat only 5-10 bites every time you are hungry and you will lose weight very fast.

Google 80 bites diet... although I think 80 bites is too much for losing for alot of poeple, the idea is what works!
herbsgirl
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:01 am

OMG herbsgirl, thanks for the insight & tips! Smile

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum