5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snow White's Journal

4 posters

Go down

Snow White's Journal Empty Snow White's Journal

Post  Snow White Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:16 am

No loss for Monday 5/31...still at 212. I've been fighting a cold for a couple of weeks. I went strong the first day and then I got a horrible headache that simply would not go away...so I got discouraged and gave in to my "cold."

Also, I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) which has caused me to gain all the this weight. It is totally hormonal...these hormones are telling my brain that I am hungry all the time and when I sit down to eat, I can't get full. This is all one terrible sob story and as teacher I'm not big on making or accepting excuses. These are not excuses for my choices, just the reasons why I struggle. These are the reasons why I should be even more committed to this diet than anyone.

I am going to try something to help me try to stay on this diet...I am going to try to drink a cup of warm broth before my 5 bite meals and I am going to chew each bite 20 times before swallowing. I know the broth is not on the diet, but I read that it can help to reduce appetite so I am going to try it.

Please help me out with any suggestions that you think may help me : )
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal Empty Re: Snow White's Journal

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:54 am

depending on what works for u, gum may or may not be a helper- so try it out, but be conscious of what ur body is saying. Gum stimulates the gastric juices, so it could make u hungry when ur trying to stop eating, but then again, it gives u a flavor and a chewing satisfaction- which sometimes is all ur body needs to stop screaming at u to eat something.

Tea helps me out a lot- i can skip almost a whole day of eating if i time my cups of tea out well, give that a shot. Also, i know the drinking water before a meal "stretches ur stomach" but i have never found that to be true. If i drink water before i eat, then i usually get full way faster. Rather than broth, have u tried just heating up some water and putting a bullion cube in there? it will give u some flavor, and some hot drinking- while only being like 5 calories. Its similar to sipping on some broth, but it will be way lower calories.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal Empty thanks tea

Post  Snow White Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:34 pm

The broth I have is fat free and is only 5 calories per cup. Although it was still kind of nasty...I think it did help. I drank it right before eating my 5 bite lunch and I was ok until dinner. Timing is a big issue that I am just going to have to experiment with to figure out. I really cannot chew gum, but I know it helps a lot of people...it just makes me hungrier! Thanks so much for your support and advice! ; )
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:23 pm

I just posted this to Phil, so forgive me if you've already read it, but I have a garlic pickle spear if I feel like a snack. They are only 10 calories per spear, only 5 bites, and the taste is strong and stays with you for a long time. Trust me, if you are craving something like chocolate, have a pickle spear, and then the thought of eating chocolate (or whatever) after it will make you sick. This only works if you like pickles, though!! I also read somewhere that vinegar helps with weight loss because it makes your stomach think its full, and pickles are made with it, so....maybe that's part of it.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:58 pm

i love pickles and totally agree with 3jaysmom. They are so few on calories and they have such a potent flavor that all thoughts of other munchies vanish with the first taste!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:55 pm

What a good idea. I am totally going to try that.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down